Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College (14834 Views)

I am being bullied in my school what should I do? / Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by praiz2312: 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2022
lalasticlala:
Dowen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ikcNICP10
College advisory board member, Folarin Shobo speaks with Channels TV over Sylvester Oromoni's death.

"The issue of Sylvester is sensationalized by the social media.

There has been deep rooted investigation and to the best of our knowledge as an institution there was no case of bullying. There is no recorded case of bullying from any quarter. The school, Dowen, takes serious exception to bullying and any reported case is taken very seriously. The school has zero tolerance for bullying."

"We know that a lot of videos surfaced on the internet, at different times, we saw him in pains and all that but there was no video telling us that he mentioned that he was bullied. We need to get that straight. The case of bully is what they reported because as at the time the boy left school, there was no such thing at play. The issue of bully only came from them at home..."
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by praiz2312: 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2022
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by Digmygold: 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2022
Calicoe:
For those two above commenting with a dot, please tell me, is there any benefit we don't know about when u are the first to comment or when ur comment makes the first page? Just asking

Benefit; 1 mills go hit your account.
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by Chiffy: 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Lol grin. There's a system that runs the world. And it's not based on the cries of the majority.

Soon you will get caught up in that system and then you will seek for the cries of the majority for vindication. But guess what? posterity will dish you your judgement of today.

2 Likes

Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by pocophone: 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
Dead men tell no tell cry

1 Like

Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by PoliteActivist: 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2022
edoairways:

The bereaved evidence is not strong enough

This evidence below is not strong enough??! Are you ok at all?

"Acute lung injury, chemical intoxication in the background of blunt force trauma"

It is the only thing that makes sense.
Tallies exactly with what the dying kid said, what the witness students said, what his dad said, the way the kid died, and his peeling lips!!!

The first and only honest autopsy report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHojt43g5M0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obWkydzkpQw

#JUSTICE/FOR/SYLVESTER!!!
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by opeyemisheun(m): 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
josh001:
They can say this, but it does not explain away the following facts:

1. The boy was in the custody of the school at the hostel.
2. The boy sustained severe and life-threatening injuries while he was in the custody of the school.
3. There was a video seen of the boy writhing in pain.
4. The School released 2 contradictory press statements
5. In one of the statements, the school said he sustained injuries from playing football.
6. The injuries sustained from a reasonable man stand-point are not football-pitch injuries
7. The boy died shortly after he sustained these injuries.

Whatever argument is brought up, it will be hard to excuse Dowen from negligence.

Please, get your information correctly. The boy did not die shortly after he sustained injury. He was taken from school and was with his parent/guardian for more than 7days before death.

They did not take him to the hospital until his last day or so. Their religion forbids hospital.

In a more reasonable country and state, the parents should be prosecuted for their negligence in the boy's death.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by JohnBullMySon: 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2022
Chiffy:

Soon you will get caught up in that system and then you will seek for the cries of the majority for vindication. But guess what? posterity will dish you your judgement of today.
I don't seek for public sympathy.

Those that sought for public sympathy, did they get anything after that? This world is science and evidence based, and the earlier you people realise it, the better. You don't sit and expect things to happen, you go and make them happen. I don't know how connected and advantaged the family are, so I don't blame them, but public sympathy will only get you popularity but what you want to achieve with it still eludes you.
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by PoliteActivist: 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
opeyemisheun:

Please, get your information correctly. The boy did not die shortly after he sustained injury. He was taken from school and was with his parent/guardian for more than 7days before death.

They did not take him to the hospital until his last day or so. Their religion forbids hospital.

In a more reasonable country and state, the parents should be prosecuted for their negligence in the boy's death.

THIS IS A LIE!! THE FATHER, BELOW, TELLS WHAT HAPPENED. THE FIRST AUTOPSY REPORT SPELLS OUT WHAT KILLED THE BOY, WHICH TALLIED WITH EVERYTHING ELSE!
The one thing that did NOT match ANYTHING is NATURAL DEATH!

The boy died of:
"Acute lung injury, chemical intoxication in the background of blunt force trauma"!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obWkydzkpQw

The first and only honest autopsy report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHojt43g5M0
#JusticeForSylvester!!!
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by josh001(m): 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
opeyemisheun:

It is good that you admit 1-6.

I think 7 days is 'shortly'. You can also put it another way and say the boy's death was a direct consequence of the injuries.

On the parent's culpability, I am only just hearing this that he was taken to the hospital on his last day from 7 days when he was handed over. This goes against the statements in public circle. Do you have any credible evidence or source to support this?
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by PoliteActivist: 5:05pm On Jan 10, 2022
josh001:

I think 7 days is 'shortly'. You can also put it another way and say the boy's death was a direct consequence of the injuries.

On the parent's culpability, I am only just hearing this that he was taken to the hospital on his last day from 7 days when he was handed over. This goes against the statements in public circle. Do you have any credible evidence or source to support this?

It is a lie. The videos above detail the truth
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by LaReinaa(f): 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2022
They should re-open the school first
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by Starlight252: 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2022
If i had the opportunity to be a compassionate all-powerful being without being power drunk, all these lawless and oppressive miscreant will be paid back eye for eye.

You kill countless humans just for your ambition and thinks you'll only be sentenced to prison?

I'll make sure you suffer tortures for the rest of your life without dying...i'll make sure you live before the gates of hell without entering it...Chai!!

You do all manner of embezzlement,framing,cannibalism,injustice and oppression and you expect a VIP prison?...Kai, words can't express my feelings.

I hope that judge would have given the same verdict if it was his son that was sent to the netherworld.

It's what it is sha.
Once you're not an elite in this world, you're merely considered. If you're now poor then you're out of consideration.

To poor guys like me out there, use your head...
Equality and justice is merely theoretical on Earth...Everything is statistics for politics.

Make use of your brain and make legit money and domain.

My2kobo
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by naturefellow(m): 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2022
Fatasy:
Dn't wish bad bro,try understand

i don't wish him bad. He just lacks empathy. We don't have to experience the pain of others to enable us better relate to their situation.

Dowen is culpable in this case, and unfortunately, seems to be more influential (with the help of powerful parents) to manipulate the judicial procedure in its favour, which is to exonerate the school.

Was it not the same Dowen that released the first statement that the kid sustained injury from a game of football? Lies right from the beginning
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by naturefellow(m): 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
monex:

family wasnt present and family only heard about the autopsy result on social media
just imagine
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by gentle007(m): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
So everything must have a video
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by dosdos(m): 8:19pm On Jan 10, 2022
The school was never honest from day one .
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by Temi2468: 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2022
After you have been exonerated, why won't you have the guts to talk now?
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by jice(m): 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2022
Chijeep:
Ever since people started editing videos and pictures I can never believe in any online video because it might have been editted

So sorry young lad, fate dragged you to the place where life is cut short

NIGERIA ISSUE IS JUST UNPREDICTABLE cry cry cry
Even if the dead will come back to talk, the Nigeria system will not listen to them talk less of giving them justice.

1 Like

Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by Nigra(f): 1:53am On Jan 11, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Thats the simple truth. There are many possibilities in this case, and you can't rule out rumors. If there is bullying, then evidence not amount of tears is what is needed to get justice. Two autopsies were done in the presence of the family, still no evidence of bullying. So what do you want the court to do? Send the suspects into prison just to please Nigerians? Ask yourself.
What about the autopsy done that said,there were signs of trauma..ask yourself also if the school is trying to sweep this under the rug and also our justice system can be both by highest bidder.
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by fortunechy(m): 2:01pm On Jan 11, 2022
Is04970:

You're a fp0l.
May that which befall Sylvester's family be ur portion forever for supporting Evil....
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by cherishmichael: 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2022
Make una leave this matter alone nah, the thing don dey look somehow self.
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by Seun(m): 10:19am On Jan 12, 2022
Nigra:

I pray you don't get to lose a child ,talk more in this manner...Wicked souls everywhere
May our children not be falsely accused of murder.

6 Likes

Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by Acidosis(m): 10:35am On Jan 12, 2022
Nigra:

I pray you don't get to lose a child ,talk more in this manner...Wicked souls everywhere

I hope you know that losing your life is better than being accused and jailed wrongly for murder? Rather than being emotional about this, just pray for justice. Justice, by the way, don't always end the way we expect. The innocent ones don't have to die for Sylvester's family to get justice.
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by Greatzeus(m): 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
MPESA:
I think it's high time to boycott this school.
They will just open their rotten mouth and be talking Nonsense like whenever Buhari travel abroad to give speech.
Social monetary hierarchy has already help in boycotting you and your family. Because you can't afford the school fees.So stop sweating unnecessarily. Gerrit?
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by MPESA(m): 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
Greatzeus:

Social monetary hierarchy has already help in boycotting you and your family. Because you can't afford the school fees.So stop sweating unnecessarily. Gerrit?

Thanks so much just that paying 2m or below tuitions fees will be the least of my problem as of today .
Firstly I never marry self and with where my God has placed me today tuitions fees BELOW 2m will not be my problem today talk more of in the next 10-12 years that my kids will be going to secondary school.
Secondly I have already discussed severally it with my woman before hand that all my kids secondary schools will be in Nigeria despite say she never gree but my mind has made up about it ,I just need to make her see reasons and convince her .....
Thirdly Dowen is never Among the school I intend any of my kids to go because I don't know about their existence
Last but not the least.... I'm from Okija in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State and since the news of GONZAGA JESUIT COLLEGE, (GJC ) OKIJA launched their 4th branch in Nigeria and it happened to be my own town ,I have checked their academic RATING first and then the price, I mean the tuition fees and it's good is what they can afford even if I die because each of my kids will get inherits AT LEAST ,I mean MINIMUM of 1 to 2 buildings 4 storey building on their names as well with landed properties even at my demise, things will still be pretty easy for them.

P.s
It might interest you to know that I have gotten some building already sir and by the GRACE of God before they get to stage of going to secondary school in Nigeria fund will not be a problem for them even at my demise...

SHALOM.
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by Nigra(f): 6:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
Acidosis:

I hope you know that losing your life is better than being accused and jailed wrongly for murder? Rather than being emotional about this, just pray for justice. Justice, by the way, don't always end the way we expect. The innocent ones don't have to die for Sylvester's family to get justice.
You know deep down that there won't be any justice because the highest bidder has bought the case...what about the autopsy done that said there were signs of trauma..so who did that to him?! Or are you saying he did it to himself? It's not emotions talking here,it's the hard truth,they killed him and they don't want to pay the price..haven't you noticed since this case started,it been different statements from the school! They should pay for killing him and stop disrespecting the dead child by lying senseless lies
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by Nigra(f): 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
Seun:
May our children not be falsely accused of murder.
No problem and If they did it,they should face the penalty.
Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by Seun(m): 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
opeyemisheun:

That's what I was told by my folks who are.in education. It's a pity that our journalists have failed to ask the father about what kind of care he provided to the boy in the various interviews he has conducted. When someone mentions it they will just nod their heads and move on.

1 Like

Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by opeyemisheun(m): 10:40am On Jan 13, 2022
Yes. I have very credible source.

Do you also know that from the day the boy got home till the day he died, the boy told his parent that he was injured while playing.

The story changed when he died as narrated by the family on social media.

This online justice system will not help anybody. It is a lazy way of dealing with issue.

Unfortunately a boy had died, our prayers with him and the family but the show is over let's get things right and move on.

josh001:

Re: No Video Showing Sylvester Oromoni Mentioning Being Bullied - Dowen College by opeyemisheun(m): 10:51am On Jan 13, 2022
Are you a judge or a coroner. Or do you need help understanding the summary of the autopsy report that absolved the suspect on the ground that there was no beating.

josh001:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB 2014/2015 Cut-off Mark For UNIVERSITY And POLYTECHNIC ( Updated ) / Adult Education Lesson In Lagos State. / ASUU Suspends Planned Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.