Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely (15422 Views)

Auto Crash Claims Four Lives In Ondo / Uche Elendu's Arik Air Flight From Lagos To Asaba Crash Lands At A Remote Area / See The Roofless Aircraft With 96 Passengers That Landed Safely After Explosion (2) (3) (4)

Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by wwwihy: 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2022
Earlier Thread:https://www.nairaland.com/6936312/uche-elendus-arik-air-flight

Nigerian airline, Arik Air, has released a statement rubbishing claims that one of its aircraft crashlanded due to a technical fault on Wednesday

Nigerian Actress, Uche Elendu, had taken to her Instagram page on Wednesday to narrate the incident which saw herself and other passengers returning to Lagos after the faulty plane had to make a U-turn.

“My flight, Arik Air from Lagos to Asaba just crashlanded in a remote area. We were 10 minutes to Asaba but the gear failed and the pilot had to reverse to Lagos. I’m on a 20 minutes bus ride to the terminal now, not a word of apology from the crew,” she alleged.

Contradicting Elendu’s claims, the airline in a statement released via their official Instagram page on Wednesday, stated that the said airplane landed safely at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos.

“One of our dash 8 Q-400 aircraft operating the Lagos-Asaba flight this evening made an air return to base due to a technical issue.

Apologising for the inconvenience, the airline claimed it provided a substitute aircraft for the affected passengers.
https://punchng.com/arik-air-rubbishes-uche-elendus-crash-claims-says-airplane-landed-safely/

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by NwaNimo1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2022
So there was no crash?

.....the plane landed relatively safely?

[img]https://c./zRFtdobrJlUAAAAd/columbo-peter-falk.gif[/img]

69 Likes

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by doggedfighter(f): 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2022
Uche said she crash landed and cat walked to another bus grin grin

Crash landed and unruffled.

Crash landing has another meaning now grin

Arik no well before but something is wrong with her reportage.

96 Likes

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by fullnetwork: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
Thank God it wasn't a crash.
Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by flokii: 10:12pm On Jan 12, 2022
Her story doesn't even add up.. might be the force with which the aircraft tyres hit the ground she's referring to as "crash land". It's also likely that the plane landed far from the terminal and Arik had to use their long buses to convey them from the aircraft to the terminal.

Why creating unnecessary panic?

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by SarkinYarki: 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
Silly illiterate woman , immediately she said the plane reversed from Asaba to Lagos and then crashlanded I knews she didn't know what she was saying ..plane crash landed and you people are still seated casually in the cabin making video and gisting cheesy

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by SmartPolician: 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
I'm sure she will furnish us with more information the moment she sees this press release. Everybody dey shamelessly lie for this country; I don't even know who to believe anymore.

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by jaxxy(m): 1:53am On Jan 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Silly illiterate woman , immediately she said the plane reversed from Asaba to Lagos and then crashlanded I knews she didn't know what she was saying ..plane crash landed and you people are still seated casually in the cabin making video and gisting cheesy

The plane didn’t land normally it was managed landing which cud have gone either ways to the the technical fault. I think they returned to Lagos cos that’s where they can mange the landing issue. It was a crash landing bt not a normal one either.

otipoju:

If you dont know something just say i dont know. Crash landing will damage the aircraft because its a landing without the landing gear. "Emergency landing" is the term you and her should use.

So an emergency landing will make u turn back to Lagos after getting 10 mins to asaba to get another plane to use?? Why cudnt u just land in asaba then??

In emergency landing u land at the shortest safest distance/location so asaba wasn’t safe they had to go back a longer distance to Lagos to land?? Do u understand the concept of emergency landing?? undecided

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by omowolewa: 2:00am On Jan 13, 2022
Okay, let's find another sentence for what actually happened

The plane landed in distressed mode keeping emergency services alert and passenger's hearts in their mouths.

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by SarkinYarki: 2:01am On Jan 13, 2022
jaxxy:

The plane didn’t land normally it was managed landing which cud have gone either ways to the the technical fault. I think they returned to Lagos cos that’s where they can mange the landing issue. It was a crash landing bt not a normal one either.

It wasn't a crash landing , just a safety emergency air return beacuse of a technical issue ..I will get the full details later today from folks at NCAA... The pilot must have declared his landing an emergency and that's why they sent him to the fastest available runway in the airport , the fire service being around was just standard practice when a pilot calls for an emergency landing...

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by ogb5(m): 3:01am On Jan 13, 2022
I knew it was not crash landing. That actress does not know the meaning of crash landing

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by helinues: 3:03am On Jan 13, 2022
“My flight, Arik Air from Lagos to Asaba just crashlanded in a remote area. We were 10 minutes to Asaba but the gear failed and the pilot had to reverse to Lagos

Abeg seh crash landing don get new meaning ni abi the actress was just trying to be deliberately mischievous

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by helinues: 3:09am On Jan 13, 2022
1669n:
[s][/s]

We go continue to dey pray for you as usual. You don cancel comments so tey your veins are failing

IJN.. Amen!!!

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by Nbotee(m): 4:02am On Jan 13, 2022
If she crash landed, her hands would have been to shaky to even type anything

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by Kobicove(m): 5:06am On Jan 13, 2022
These yeyebrities will do anything including telling lies and blowing a minor incident out of proportion just so they can trend undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by largeman4u(m): 5:07am On Jan 13, 2022
Hmmmmm. I smell something.

Check my signature for Tokunbo Cars
Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by Dshocker(m): 5:07am On Jan 13, 2022
Uche elendu over reacted

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by Compliant(m): 5:07am On Jan 13, 2022
How can she say gear failed and could not reverse HABA ?

She said the plane crashed landed in a remote area few minutes to landing, whereas the video she uploaded clearly shown otherwise.

Arik Air should have sue Her for wrong choice of word

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by Kobicove(m): 5:10am On Jan 13, 2022
jaxxy:

I'm sure you meant to say - "It was NOT a crash landing..."
Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by Cheapgadget(f): 5:11am On Jan 13, 2022
She for just speak pidgin language, now she done forkup

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by sylva1(m): 5:11am On Jan 13, 2022
The incident is about Arik airline and OP posted picture of Airpeace aircraft. Na wa o

22 Likes

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by fasho01(m): 5:12am On Jan 13, 2022
Anything to trend by these yeyebrities so I'm not surprised

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by akinmusi(m): 5:13am On Jan 13, 2022
Social media warrior.

Over to una
Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by slivertongue: 5:16am On Jan 13, 2022
I knew there would be a rejoinder denying he claims. Nigeria kuku no well, lies everywhere you go

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by Oddfinder: 5:18am On Jan 13, 2022
I'm not even suprised..Nigerians like giving mumu attention to every mumu out there..so if a plane crashlands or had issues wot landing, na dis clout chasing ppl go tell us abi.okay

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by HayTerran: 5:22am On Jan 13, 2022
My doubts usurped at least two of her claims:

1. The plane crashed. This would very likely have led to an irreparable catastrophe capable of putting end to lives. Abi how many people alive have managed to escape plane crash unscathed and go unreported/unpopular?

2. The plane made reverse all through to Lagos from Anambra/PH/Warri, can't remember specifically, but Comrade, comrade small small na, even vehicle driven by best drivers no fit run reverse 30 mins laidat

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by noeloge82(m): 5:22am On Jan 13, 2022
sylva1:
The incident is about Arik airline and OP posted picture of Airpeace aircraft. Na wa o

Bad journalism
Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by otipoju(m): 5:25am On Jan 13, 2022
jaxxy:

If you dont know something just say i dont know. Crash landing will damage the aircraft because its a landing without the landing gear. "Emergency landing" is the term you and her should use.

Re: Arik Air Denies Uche Elendu’s Crash Claims, Says Airplane Landed Safely by HRMK: 5:26am On Jan 13, 2022
who are we to blv?both agreed the plane had technical fault and had to return to lagos!bone of contention is where it landed which determines wether it safely or crashlanded!

6 People Burnt To Death In Kano Accident Involving Motorcycle & Vehicle (Graphic / Safety Tips For Outdoor Jogging By Commander RRS / Nigeria High Commission In London To Mail Passports To Applicants