Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,419 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) (901 Views)

Celebration In Enugu As Father Mbaka Reappears (Video) / Protest In Enugu As Missing Mbaka Is 'Whisked Away By Unknown Gunmen' / Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Afromedia910: 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2022
Residents troop to the streets to search for water as water scarcity worsens.

Enugu residents and students queue for water
What do you think is the lasting solution to water scarcity in Enugu ��

See more pictures in the link below
https://www.metaform.com.ng/2022/01/water-scarcity-in-enugu-as-residents.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Golan007: 10:05pm On Jan 13, 2022
Seems Mmpuru mmiri is even more available than water over there.

shocked

3 Likes

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by LILTJAY: 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2022
Cursed dot in a circle people grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Jessyjeff: 10:20pm On Jan 13, 2022
Scarcity of water in Enugu is due to failure of leadership. There is abundance of high quality water just about 10km away at 9th mile and it's surroundings. Ama Brewery which is perhaps the most modern brewery in Nigeria was built by Nigeria Breweries due to the rich water quality found at 9th Mile.

What Enugu state government should do is to get dozens of deep boreholes drilled and send the water through dedicated pipeline to Enugu city.

A few years ago in Hamburg Germany, i was part of a team that drilled 300m deep new boreholes for Hamburg Wasser ( the city's water provider). The new boreholes were kept for future connection to the pipeline that supplies the city water. The company anticipated a rise in water consumption in city of Hamburg and awarded contract for boreholes that would be put to use later in the future. This is even a city that gets its water originally from Elbe river.

Enugu state government should think out of the box and find a solution to this embarrassing water situation in the city. I am sure money spent on the 3 pedestrian bridges the state government built last year would have gotten the city more useful boreholes, than bridges nobody is making use of.
The state government should be very very ashamed.
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Afromedia910: 10:22pm On Jan 13, 2022
angry
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by heniford2: 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2022
Jessyjeff:
Scarcity of water in Enugu is due to failure of leadership. There is abundance of high quality water just about 10km away at 9th mile and it's surroundings. Ama Brewery which is perhaps the most modern brewery in Nigeria was built by Nigeria Breweries due to the rich water quality found at 9th Mile.

What Enugu state government should do is to get dozens of deep boreholes drilled and send the water through dedicated pipeline to Enugu city.

A few years in Hamburg Germany, i was part of a team that drilled 300m deep new boreholes for Hamburg Wasser ( the city's water provider). The new boreholes were kept for future connection to the pipeline that supplies the city water. The company anticipated a rise in water consumption in city of Hamburg and awarded contract for boreholes that would be put to use later in the future. This is even a city that gets its water originally from Elbe river.

Enugu state government should think out of the box and find a solution to this embarrassing water situation in the city. I am sure money spent on the 3 pedestrian bridges the state government built last year would have gotten the city more useful boreholes, than bridges nobody is making use of.
well said my brother enugu Governor na pure zombie
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by flokii: 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
grin cheesy

See the people that want to transform Nigeria.
So the local govt. chairmen can't provide clean and affordable tap water for their wards. They have to push kegs around like mai ruwa and stay on long queues to get water. Chai Igbos!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Ezewuzie01: 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2022
Enugu is an overrated village. Water is like gold there. You need to see what happens whenever children and some adults see water tankers coming to supply water to one corner once in five days. People no longer fancy living in the Enugu because of acute lack of water.

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by basilo101: 10:58pm On Jan 13, 2022
Why the sudden noise about Enugu water scarcity recently? That has been a normal thing in Enugu for ages, make una go rest
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Reality3080: 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2022
basilo101:
Why the sudden noise about Enugu water scarcity recently? That has been a normal thing in Enugu for ages, make una go rest
so u people are used to suffering n u believe fulani is your problem.

So the ipob that promised u paradise can't fix this but they are capable of telling u not to open shop.

What I understand about geopolitical zones having issues in Nigeria is that majority of their problems are self inflicted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Munamoqel: 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2022
[quote author=Afromedia910 post=109346913]Residents troop to the streets to search for water as water scarcity worsens.

Enugu residents and students queue for water
What do you think is the lasting solution to water scarcity in Enugu ��

See more pictures in the link below
https://www.metaform.com.ng/2022/01/water-scarcity-in-enugu-as-residents.html[/quote.a whole future capital of ipob.ESN should come to help
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Reality3080: 11:05pm On Jan 13, 2022
Ezewuzie01:
Enugu is an overrated village. Water is like gold there. You need to see what happens whenever children and some adults see water tankers coming to supply water to one corner once in five days. People no longer fancy living in the Enugu because of acute lack of water.
can't they dig borehole

I can't just imagine if this is happening in south west with a touch of tinubu name mentioned,u people won't let us rest

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by basilo101: 11:09pm On Jan 13, 2022
Reality3080:
can't they dig borehole

I can't just imagine if this is happening in south west with a touch of tinubu name mentioned,u people won't let us rest
You people and your massive ignorance about other regions. Those people are queing to fetch from state water board. Individual borehole is almost impossible because of high altitude and coal deposit. Only Enugu city has this issue and it nothing new

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by basilo101: 11:11pm On Jan 13, 2022
Reality3080:

So the ipob that promised u paradise can't fix this but they are capable of telling u not to open shop.

What I understand about geopolitical zones having issues in Nigeria is that majority of their problems are self inflicted
Lol. Kid, go and fix flooding in Lagos

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Reality3080: 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2022
basilo101:

You people and your massive ignorance about other regions. Those people are queing to fetch from state water board. Individual borehole is almost impossible because of high altitude and coal deposit. Only Enugu city has this issue and it nothing new
so almost impossible means it's can't be done even when everybody is a billionaire n that apprentice wey dey learn work fit buy d whole brown roof house for ibadan.

It's not good for billionaires to queue for water when borehole cost less than 2 million naira

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by basilo101: 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2022
Jessyjeff:

A few years ago in Hamburg Germany, i was part of a team that drilled 300m deep new boreholes for Hamburg Wasser ( the city's water provider). The new boreholes were kept for future connection to the pipeline that supplies the city water. The company anticipated a rise in water consumption in city of Hamburg and awarded contract for boreholes that would be put to use later in the future. This is even a city that gets its water originally from Elbe river.

Nonsense. The solution to Enugu water problem is only possible with federal might. Enugu state provides water which the people in the picture are fetching but absence of private boreholes to complete government efforts causes the water scarcity. Is there anything in Nigeria that government alone provide? If no private school, can government school accommodate all students in any state?
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by basilo101: 11:22pm On Jan 13, 2022
Reality3080:
so almost impossible means it's can't be done even when everybody is a billionaire n that apprentice wey dey learn work fit buy d whole brown roof house for ibadan.

It's not good for billionaires to queue for water when borehole cost less than 2 million naira
You sound too childish. Is it good for megacity to swim on their road

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Reality3080: 11:22pm On Jan 13, 2022
basilo101:

Lol. Kid, go and fix flooding in Lagos
Tinubu have stolen all the money ooo but I don't think it should b so in a region where their politicians are angels who can do no wrong cos it's only other regions politicians that are bad n besides in d east everyone is a billionaire now.

Enugu where a man can b riding bike n wearing bathroom slippers but he's richer than dangote n oyetola combined.

Enugu where that secondary school leaver will vex n buy all d brown roofed houses In ibadan.

So much for d land of d billionaires

2 Likes

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Reality3080: 11:24pm On Jan 13, 2022
basilo101:

You sound too childish
childish indeed.

What happen to d paradise ipob promised U?
Can't they start from now?
Or are they only active in destruction n cannibalism?

Useless things who brag every time without having anything to show for it

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by AntiBeEmCe(m): 11:25pm On Jan 13, 2022
Reality3080:

Akuko ndi elilu eli
Expected nothing less from a bor0ro. Critical thinking is a big issue for them. For you to be comparing this water problem with the menace of fulani terrorism, shows how simple-minded you are.

Y not fix d issue of almajiri and Herders migration... coupled with their very...very poor hygiene? You people have no need for water na, at least those Igbos are looking for water cos they need it.
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by basilo101: 11:27pm On Jan 13, 2022
Reality3080:
Tinubu have stolen all the money ooo but I don't think it should b so in a region where their politicians are angels who can do no wrong cos it's only other regions politicians that are bad n besides in d east everyone is a billionaire now.

Enugu where a man can b riding bike n wearing bathroom slippers but he's richer than dangote n oyetola combined.

Enugu where that secondary school leaver will vex n buy all d brown roofed houses In ibadan.

So much for d land of d billionaires
Lol

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by basilo101: 11:28pm On Jan 13, 2022
Reality3080:
childish indeed.

What happen to d paradise ipob promised U?
Can't they start from now?
Or are they only active in destruction n cannibalism?

Useless things who brag every time without having anything to show for it
Enjoy abundant water

Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Afromedia910: 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2022
Wow
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by OssyMalik: 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2022
The last time i queued for water in Lagos was in the early 90s because it was public water supply. That such is happening in 2022 in another state is baffling.

Can’t owners of houses drill boreholes?
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Danjikanbauchi: 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2022
Enugu state governor should be flog very well.
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by ViperAda: 10:54am On Jan 24, 2022
OssyMalik:
The last time i queued for water in Lagos was in the early 90s because it was public water supply. That such is happening in 2022 in another state is baffling.

Can’t owners of houses drill boreholes?
I should know better. I wouldn't waste my time reporting you anylonger. You came all the way from Abakeleke to Lagos to queue for water as far back as early 90s!.. wait a minute, let me roughly estimate your age... u don old, very old, yet no brain. Everything in your skull is to insult Tinubu, SW, Buhari, those who your parents would bow down to lick their feet.
I have always maintained that people like you that are intellectually deficient are poor and ugly.

-Viper
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Lionnation: 11:00am On Jan 24, 2022
Reality3080:

when did ipob become your state government or your fed minstry of water resources, get sense bro
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Lionnation: 11:03am On Jan 24, 2022
Reality3080:

you still do not have sense even with 1bilion you are likely not to get water in that Enugu city by drilling
Re: Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 24, 2022
Chukwu Okike o, why can't Igbo tackle their leaders the same way they tackle Tinubu and Yoruba leaders?

Abaribe, ikpeazu, iheodola, Ifeanyi etc are enjoying and don't give a shiiit about poor igbos in alaigbo undecided

Tinubu is not the problem, your leaders should be punished for making you leave alaigbo in the first place, Tinubu action in Lagos on igbo is direct consequence of failure of alaigbo leaders!

(1) (Reply)

More Photos Of Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo’s Visit To Bayelsa State / Nigeria Should Invade Ghana If They Ever Harass Nigerians Again / How Osinbajo Stood Down Amaechi’s Memo To FEC Over 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.