Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,378 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Most Romanticized City In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Romanticized City In Nigeria (9994 Views)

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by millco88(f): 1:32am On Jun 19, 2011
Which Nigerian city is most known for it's natural beauty and is most scenic? Which city has the best topography and with some nice ultra tropical plants? Which city would you think is the most photOgenic in Nigeria?
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by millco88(f): 1:38am On Jun 19, 2011
Post pics if necessary
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 19, 2011
With your C-Note everywhere is romantic
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Dsense(m): 2:19am On Jun 19, 2011
Lagos grin
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:22am On Jun 19, 2011
D-sense:

Lagos grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked He said Romanticized not ghettoized
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by millco88(f): 2:27am On Jun 19, 2011
D-sense:

Lagos grin

Actually, Lagos is up there, with the iconic skyline and various tourist attractions. It's perhaps the most tropical looking city in Nigeria, given it's climatic averages. It can grow ultra tropical vegetation like breadfruit, lipstick palms and durIan. Only downside is the topography. It's a flatland I think.

Lagos is a good pick
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by millco88(f): 2:31am On Jun 19, 2011
REALITY101:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked He said Romanticized not ghettoized

Lakers are done. Mike Friggin Brown as head coach?

LOLERSKATES
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 19, 2011
millco88:

Lakers are done. Mike Friggin Brown as head coach?

LOLERSKATES

Bruv let us worry about that.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by millco88(f): 2:54am On Jun 19, 2011
REALITY101:

Bruv let us worry about that.

Yeah, you guys have alot of worrying to do, LMAO
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 19, 2011
Well lets wait until coming season.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by bashr4: 3:00am On Jun 19, 2011
calabar tops the list followed by enugu. i would have added lagos island but theres nothing romantic about traffic jam, others are ikom, jos(before the riot) ,owerri.

makurdi is too hot ,lokoja is too underdeveloped  ibadan and abeokuta needs serious updating , no need to include any northern city cus being lynched like a cow is not romantic to the best of my knowledge.  

i didnt include abuja, ph and lagos mainland cus they are sin cities with streets filled with prostitutes and opportunists
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by tpia5: 3:02am On Jun 19, 2011
lagos.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by bashr4: 3:12am On Jun 19, 2011
tpia@:

lagos.

taa have you been to cross rivers? lagos is a turn off , you can only mention lagos if your talking about party and coperate life but for beauty and romance lagos no follow at all
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:17am On Jun 19, 2011
bashr4:

calabar tops the list followed by enugu. i would have added lagos island but theres nothing romantic about traffic jam, others are ikom, jos(before the riot) ,owerri.

makurdi is too hot ,lokoja is too underdeveloped  ibadan and abeokuta needs serious updating , no need to include any northern city cus being lynched like a cow is not romantic to the best of my knowledge.  

i didnt include abuja, ph and lagos mainland cus they are sin cities with streets filled with LovePeddlers and opportunists

There's this place in Calabar (Obudu I hope I spelled correctly) we went for picnic few months ago when I visited Nigeria damn cool place and peaceful + good security. The mountain etc I loved it. Not far from the airport.

Some of my friends that I traveled with wouldn't stop talking bout the spot.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by millco88(f): 3:23am On Jun 19, 2011
bashr4:

i didnt include abuja, ph and lagos mainland cus they are sin cities with streets filled with LovePeddlers and opportunists

Like seriously if one was to make a montage of Nigeria. . .Lagos/Abuja wouldn't be included? I'd bet my house Abuja gateway/aso rock would be there, along with any of Lagos's well known for it's flora and fauna. Aso rock especially is probably the most scenic area in all of naija. Port harcourt is good also. Calabar is good. Pretty much any city with year round warmth WITH high precipitation and relatively low sunshine hours is good.

I've seen some nice forests along he Lagos Ibadan expressway. Obviously mountains in the background with microclimates would be a plus, though I'm not sure if southern naija has that. By the way, Which city do you guys think is closest to being a
tropical rainforest? No mbandakas in Nigeria but which ones closest?
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by pleep(m): 4:50am On Jun 19, 2011
Calabar is defiantly the most romanticized. Some very pretty views especially tinnapa, if you see the aerial view the city looks like its in the middle of a forest.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by pleep(m): 4:54am On Jun 19, 2011
bashr4:

Is lokoja a city?? i thought it was just a bus stop, probably the most unpleasant place i have ever seen in my life followed by onitsha.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by CASMIAEMMA: 4:59am On Jun 19, 2011
lags is the most romantic
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by whobemumu(m): 5:03am On Jun 19, 2011
lol at lokoja bus stop
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by YoursGEJ(m): 5:07am On Jun 19, 2011
CALABAR!! So beautiful! And the city just turns me on. Plus there are always very beautiful girls to hit on. Can wait to go back there!
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 19, 2011
bashr4:

There's nothing romantic about getting kidnapped either. There's nothing tropical or romantic about Enugu, which is currently dealing with high level of refuse.

Seriously, there's nothing romantic about Lagos either. Last time I went, I couldnt wait to depart to my lovely state, Ekiti. But that was a few years back, heard that things have "changed", hope so. Coming home soon, yahhhhhhhh!!! cheesy

I give it to CALABAR!!! I make it a must to go to one of their carnivals. CALABAR followed by no other.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 19, 2011
LMFAOs
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by odumchi: 5:40am On Jun 19, 2011
Top Five List:

Owerre
Lagos
Calabar
Enugu
Port Harcourt

Owerre is the romance capital of Nigeria and the south. Too many Igbo love songs draw attention and praise to the beauty and people of Owerre. A beautiful city in deed, with firm traditional and romantic roots expressed in many songs such as those of Sunny Bobo.

Lagos is the cosmopolitan and commercial capital of Nigeria, a city of opportunity. Too many people have sold everything they had just to go to "the city" and struggle. Lagos symbolizes the desire to work hard and succeed and the romanticism of poverty amid high class grandeur.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by odumchi: 5:46am On Jun 19, 2011
Ileke Idi

You are quite foolish. What is it with you and the east? Where Is there kidnapping in Enugu? Kidnapping only occurred in Niger Delta states. Enugu is one of the few cities in Nigeria able of fully powering it's population and there is no garbage problem. If you'd like garbage I suggest you refer back to your Omo land and look at the acres of dumps outside Lagos and Ogbomosho.

I am very fascinated by the Yoruba people and the Omo language but things like you are fast making me lose my interest.

Ileke-IdI:

There's nothing romantic about getting kidnapped either. There's nothing tropical or romantic about Enugu, which is currently dealing with high level of refuse.

Seriously, there's nothing romantic about Lagos either. Last time I went, I couldnt wait to depart to my lovely state, Ekiti. But that was a few years back, heard that things have "changed", hope so. Coming home soon, yahhhhhhhh!!! cheesy

I give it to CALABAR!!! I make it a must to go to one of their carnivals. CALABAR followed by no other.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by blackmale(m): 6:04am On Jun 19, 2011
lasgidi yo,,, plus nothing like lagos parryyy,,,
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 19, 2011
odumchi:

Top Five List:

Owerre
Lagos
Calabar
Enugu
Port Harcourt

Owerre is the romance capital of Nigeria and the south. Too many Igbo love songs draw attention and praise to the beauty and people of Owerre. A beautiful city in deed, with firm traditional and romantic roots expressed in many songs such as those of Sunny Bobo.

Lagos is the cosmopolitan and commercial capital of Nigeria, a city of opportunity. Too many people have sold everything they had just to go to "the city" and struggle. Lagos symbolizes the desire to work hard and succeed and the romanticism of poverty amid high class grandeur.

Neither Lagos nor Enugu is romantic. End of.

Never heard of any popular lovesong drawing people to Owerre. Most we hear from those states are high kidnapping and high ransoming demands.
True, Lagos is the land of opportunity, but how does that define romanticism?

odumchi:

Ileke Idi

You are quite foolish. What is it with you and the east? Where Is there kidnapping in Enugu? Kidnapping only occurred in Niger Delta states. Enugu is one of the few cities in Nigeria able of fully powering it's population and there is no garbage problem. If you'd like garbage I suggest you refer back to your Omo land and look at the acres of dumps outside Lagos and Ogbomosho.

I am very fascinated by the Yoruba people and the Omo language but things like you are fast making me lose my interest.

I guess I'm the only one on this thread who spoke about another region other than my homestate. That must be why you're screaming your head off.

Enugu is not romantic, what now?

Lose the interest nau. How does that affect the topic?
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 19, 2011
CALABAR,by Miles.
You need to visit the place.
Good roads.Beautiful scenery.
Fresh air.
Good food.
And above all the girls are trained to take care of their men.
I lived there for like two years,
I still reminisce about those days,
Every thing they sat about Calabar girls IS TRUE,
Very,very TRUE!
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by kolexy(m): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2011
Which Nigerian city is most known for it's natural beauty and is most scenic? Which city has the best topography and with some nice ultra tropical plants? Which city would you think is the most photOgenic in Nigeria?

I thought the poster is asking about the most beautiful city in Nigeria. I give it to Calabar and Akure. I know a lot of guys here will say Aku what? But hey, I grew in that city (used to be my state capital before the creation of Ekiti). I schooled in Port Harcourt, I have lived in Abeokuta, but now live in Lagos. I have also been to Jos, Kaduna, Warri, Owerri, Aba, and I have seen a bit of Enugu.

Calabar is way ahead of others in terms of neatness, but I don't think it can match Akure in terms of beauty. Pls this is my own opinion. In case ur planning to go on vacation, I think Obudu is the most developed and attractive destination. I can also recommend Ikogosi warm spring in Ekiti State. There you see the beauty of nature - warm and cold spring water flowing side by side without mixing. The major set back is the fact that you won’t get a good hotel around there, I’ll advise you go to Ado-Ekiti for this. There are good hotels there, though not in the mould of Four point by Sheraton or Radison blu.

As for Aba, it is the most horrible place on earth. I don't mean to provoke Ezeuche et al, but come on guys, that place is a big disappointment to the SE.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by kolexy(m): 7:22am On Jun 19, 2011

I thought the poster is asking about the most beautiful city in Nigeria. I give it to Calabar and Akure. I know a lot of guys here will say Aku what? But hey, I grew in that city (used to be my state capital before the creation of Ekiti). I schooled in Port Harcourt, I have lived in Abeokuta, but now live in Lagos. I have also been to Jos, Kaduna, Warri, Owerri, Aba, and I have seen a bit of Enugu.

Calabar is way ahead of others in terms of neatness, but I don't think it can match Akure in terms of beauty. Pls this is my own opinion. In case ur planning to go on vacation, I think Obudu is the most developed and attractive destination. I can also recommend Ikogosi warm spring in Ekiti State. There you see the beauty of nature - warm and cold spring water flowing side by side without mixing. The major set back is the fact that you won’t get a good hotel around there, I’ll advise you go to Ado-Ekiti for this. There are good hotels there, though not in the mould of Four point by Sheraton or Radison blu.

As for Aba, it is the most horrible place on earth. I don't mean to provoke Ezeuche et al, but come on guys, that place is a big disappointment to the SE.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by rolchi(m): 7:26am On Jun 19, 2011
Na Calabar! The City is just too much, as you approach Calabar, it just welcomes you, you feel it! Everything there welcomes you.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Odunnu: 7:44am On Jun 19, 2011
Calabar
Enugu
Jos
In that order.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by OLUWAMETOO: 7:51am On Jun 19, 2011
ondo state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

British Airways Cancels All Short-Haul Flights From Heathrow Over Huge IT Error / Tier 2 Sponsorship. Fraud/scam / LASG Gives Update On Reconstruction Of Adeniji Adele, Okepopo And Tapa Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.