Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. (716 Views)

Think And Thank God...stop The Worries / Insults And Rudeness On Nairaland / Stop The Indecent Dressing And Live Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. by jonced(m): 7:45am On Jun 19, 2011
Hello all,

I am a relatively new member of this forum, but i cannot but express my dismay and disappointment at the level of rudeness and the manner in which foul language is being thrown around.

I beleive this forum (Nairaland) was created to enhance positive interactions among Nigerians
and freinds of Nigeria located all over the globe.

However, what i c on different threads is uncouth language, an unhealthy degree of tribalism, insults flying left and right and generally unwholesome speech.

This does not potray Nigerians as the warm freindly people we really are, and a casual visitor to this forum might think Nigerians are crass and undignified people.

No matter our tribe, religion or social preferences, we need to air them on threads in a civilised manner, without throwing insults at people with divergent views. Also, we are all citizens of one great country: NIGERIA, we are therefore brothers and sisters and should accommodate one another no matter the tribe or religion.

No matter where our journeys have taken us on thsis planet, we have one common home and i beleive that the need to connect with our fellow countrymen/women is why we are members of this forum.

Let us show the stuff Nigerians are made of. Let us showcase to the world our proud heritage and culture. Let us project our freindly and accomodating nature. Let us treat each other with decorum and dignity.

Thank you.

God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. by Odunnu: 7:48am On Jun 19, 2011
could you post link(s) to posts that are so offensive?
Re: Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. by jonced(m): 7:58am On Jun 19, 2011
i am connected using my phone, so that may be a bit tricky, but just a cursory view of some threads in the romance section (Gosh! the langauge) n the polilical section (the level of tribal insults and hating) among others will show what i am talking about.
Re: Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. by ragdollz: 10:18am On Jun 19, 2011
One word of advice for u @jonce: GROW UP. There's a lot of evil out there in the world; so don't whine about the few cusswords u see flying around here. It's just folks letting off steam. Not like they're killing anyone here. Look the other way if it bothers u so much.
Re: Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. by 190: 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2011
Ragdolls number 1 in cursing crime

i don tire 4 am undecided
Re: Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. by Emmyk(m): 4:03am On Jun 20, 2011
It wasnt so From the Beginning,
you didnt lie though. I hardly visit those sections u specified. ixpecial d politics/tribal something. So, READ NO EVIL,CLICK NO EVIL
Re: Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. by EuroMeko(m): 4:47am On Jun 20, 2011
I agree with OP and would like to add that the use of abbreviations is just silly on a nuclear level.
Re: Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. by Emmyk(m): 8:19am On Jun 20, 2011
There you shouldnt go, Euro. Who's got time to write the whole?
Re: Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. by EuroMeko(m): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2011
Okay cheesy

The idiocy makes for a good laugh anyways.

Carry on.
Re: Nairalanders! Stop The Rudeness And Foul Language. by Emmyk(m): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2011
Sorry, we dont buy heavy vocabularies here. Haha

(1) (Reply)

If Nigeria Is To Divide / What Made You To Drop Your Previous User Names? / Man In Custody Over Neighbour's Missing Teeth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.