Stats: 3,194,026 members, 7,953,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:18 AM

Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop (4817 Views)

The Chicken Burger I Bought At Onitsha Restaurant (Pictures) / PHOTO >> See Britains-biggest-burger- Ever Make , / Peanut Burger (2) (3) (4)

Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by ektbear: 8:28am On Jun 19, 2011
It takes the saying waste not, want not, to a whole new level.

A Japanese scientist has developed a 'meat' burger made out of human excrement.

Mitsuyuki Ikeda, a researcher from the Okayama Laboratory, came up with the novel approach to number ones after Tokyo Sewage asked him to come up with a way of using up the city's waste.

Flushed with success? Mitsuyuki Ikeda with his edible excrement concoction
Mr Ikeda found that the poo which filled up the system was packed with protein because of all the bacteria.

His research team extracted the proteins to create an artificial steak, which is turned red with food colouring and flavoured with soy.

In a YouTube video posted recently he explained: 'We add reaction enhancer and put it in the exploder to produce the artificial meat.'

It is made up of 63 per cent protein, 25 per cent carbohydrates, three per cent lipids and nine per cent minerals.

But how has it gone down with the public? Well the team claims that in initial tests people reported it was delicious and tasted like beef.

And despite its unusual origins, the scientists argue that the new patties are far kinder to the environment as cattle create such a huge amount of greenhouse gas emissions.

The 'meat' is currently 10 to 20 times more expensive that your average beef burger due to research costs, however Professor Ikeda hopes to bring costs down over time.

He added that the 'green' credentials of the poo pate would help consumers to overcome any 'psychological barriers' they might have.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2004791/Japanese-scientist-makes-delicious-burger--human-EXCREMENT.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Agnesqueen(f): 8:50am On Jun 19, 2011
That is disgusting, now i have to second guess every burger patty i eat. I guess this is part of the push to turn people into vegetarians.
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 19, 2011
disgusting.

I mean, seriously though, need you post this?
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by ektbear: 8:59am On Jun 19, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

disgusting.

I mean, seriously though, need you post this?

It is frikking amazing. If he can make it economical, then it would be a great breakthrough.

Isn't it better to directly process the poop into a food source rather than using the poop as fertilizer for crops, which you then feed to cows (which you then eat)?

Direct conversion is a lot more environmentally friendly. . . less pressure on the environment for every pound of protein you want to produce.

Heck, you don't have to eat it directly yourself, you can use it as dog food or fish feed if you like (if he handles the poor economics, that is)
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 19, 2011
ekt_bear:

It is frikking amazing. If he can make it economical, then it would be a great breakthrough.

Isn't it better to directly process the poop into a food source rather than using the poop as fertilizer for crops, which you then feed to cows (which you then eat)?

Direct conversion is a lot more environmentally friendly. . . less pressure on the environment for every pound of protein you want to produce.

Heck, you don't have to eat it directly yourself, you can use it as dog food or fish feed if you like (if he handles the poor economics, that is)

Break through for who?

Have you gone to Ondo recently (this is me indirectly asking you how many leaves of ganja you might have  smoked).

Who exactly will eat anything that has once been pushed out of the anus, converted or not? Not to talk of the disgusting nature of this, but should we ignore the side effects it might bring just because it's "environmentally friendly"?

Have the same cows been genetically stable since we started feeding them foods that were originally abnormal in their food diets (such as corn, etc)? I'd rather the cow eat the converted poop than have it directly consumed by me.

BTW, How do we decide on whose poop food will be synthesized? People with/out genetic abnormalities such as HIV/AIDs, Cancer etc or just "healthy" humans like you and I?

This is like licking up your vomit.
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by playmode(m): 11:05am On Jun 19, 2011
LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin .It seems the recent earthquake must have affected the Japanese psychologically to the extent that they now want to eat poop.
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2011
Oh shi****t, why is this on the front page?
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by ak47mann(m): 1:13pm On Jun 19, 2011
naaahhhhh mate am alright wink wink wink
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by splashbaby(m): 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2011
Why! Burger Poop, No be small thing. It has even gone on trial.
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by 190: 1:18pm On Jun 19, 2011
I LOVE IT grin grin
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by nanidee(f): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2011
Now, this is totally disgusting, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww embarassed
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Excelboi(m): 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2011
190:

I LOVE IT  grin  grin
why wnt u love it! So disgusting japanese cn be
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by dominique(f): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2011
if the developed countries can make portable drinking water from treated sewage. they can do the same for food too.

odiaero:

Oh shi****t, why is this on the front page?

so that you'll know what you may be getting on your future trips to mcdonalds, burger king et al wink
McDonalds- para pam pam pam. . . i'm lovin' it grin grin grin
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Limaoscar: 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2011
Make him go Naija go gather plenty shi.t from Naija. I guess we'll even sell for a fairly moderate price. What I can't guarantee though is that most Naija Poop na starch/carb full am with little protein (little  or largely no beef content)so His purpose might be a bit , emmmm, well tongue grin

These japanese sef, from grillinghuman foetus for food now to poop?

I beg i no fit shout jor!
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by alexola20(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2011
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by mystikal(m): 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2011
lost my appetite
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by gomentii(m): 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2011
This world is goin gaga!!!
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by tollu: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2011
This sh1t can't be right.
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by deloon(m): 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2011
Gaddem! What is the world turning to? undecided
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Ignatio(m): 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2011
This is shit!!! angry
Very soon they will start importing this shit to us.
And I heard that ice creams are now made from breast milk in UK.
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2011
soon we can start selling our sh1t
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by MMM2(m): 3:58pm On Jun 19, 2011
anoda poison 2 mankind. angry
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by vicenzo(m): 4:06pm On Jun 19, 2011
Na wa o!! This is disgusting,very soon they will tell us that fart should now be used to replace oxygen,you know,save the world oxygen and prevent the wastage of fart,yeye japanese people,nonsense.
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Godalone(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2011
Processed poo, i will like to taste it.
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2011
from now on i am staying away from meat burger.
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by jamest3(m): 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2011
As long as it tastes good!!
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Madamot: 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2011
Thanks but no thanks!!
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Decryptor(m): 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2011
At least, the igbo abusive terminology, "rie' nshi" (eat poo) will no longer be a verbal insult. grin
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by snowdrops(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2011
gosh, lost me appetite.
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by Princek12(m): 8:05pm On Jun 19, 2011
it is coming to a burger joint near you
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by snowdrops(m): 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2011
i reject it amen.
Re: Japanese Scientists Make Burger Out Of Poop by deadie(m): 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2011
It's a hoax. But actually, I can't wait to get my hands on a huge turd burger. Geez, I'm salivating. cheesy

Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation / Moi-moi Recipe / Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos)