Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm (7047 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Nigeria: 82% (60 votes)
Ghana: 10% (8 votes)
Draw: 6% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Korea V Nigeria (1-2): FIFA U-20 Women's WC On August 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by honeric01(m): 9:57am On Aug 04, 2011
^^^^^

Save yourself the patrotism sermon, you might be surprised i am more "patrotic" than yourself, it's not about screaming we will win on the pages of web forums, rather it's about doing the right thing at the right time so you can get the right result at the right time too.

The sudan you're talking about is not the normal "sudan" you think they are, they are brimming with fire after just getting their independence/edge of independence.

All in all, what makes you more Nigerian than myself? because i don't see us beating Ghana at present or because i am not asslicking even when i know we don't have a "team" yet?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Syenite(m): 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2011
honeric01:

^^^^^

Save yourself the patrotism sermon, you might be surprised i am more "patrotic" than yourself,
Wrong! Your frequent mention of "you people" shows you don't identify ur self with ur national team.And that is 1st degree lack of patriotism.

honeric01:

it's not about screaming we will win on the pages of web forums, rather it's about doing the right thing at the right time so you can get the right result at the right time too.

We are all stake holders in Nigerian football.So share the right thing with us perhaps one or two persons in the NFF house in Abuja will learn from you.

honeric01:

The sudan you're talking about is not the normal "sudan" you think they are, they are brimming with fire after just getting their independence/edge of independence.

It shows you don't really follow football on the African continent.That game was played late last year i.e the Old orginal Sudan
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by honeric01(m): 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2011
Syenite:

Wrong! Your frequent mention of "you people" shows you don't identify your self with your national team.And that is 1st degree lack of patriotism.

We are all stake holders in Nigerian football.So share the right thing with us perhaps one or two persons in the NFF house in Abuja will learn from you.
It shows you don't really follow football on the African continent.That game was played late last year i.e the Old orginal Sudan

Yes it was played last year and so what? the are 2 places ahead of you on fifa ranking and according to fifa, they are BETTER than you people.
http://www.gbcghana.com/index.php?id=1.146575 (Next time, be sure of what you say)

I don't need any useless patriotic act on a faceless forum, we have blind patriotism and we also have reasonable patriotism, i choose the latter in place of the former, so how's that a problem to you?

So spare us the blind patriotism, save us the worship of mediocre, let them fold their sleeves and get to work, no time for hero worshiping, the best is to beat  the best, not live on past glories.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Syenite(m): 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^^ I am not saying we should show blind patriotism or we should not critisize the team when they are not doing well. What I don't like about ur posts is ur continuos unrepentant mention of "you people" u don't show sense of belonging and for someone that is a moderator on a Nigerian sports forum, common brother, u sure know better. You might think what is my stress about it but I don't care.And I know there are several of you out there that have adopted the citizenship of their European football clubs and clearless about our national teams.

I am sure you cannot mention the starting line up of the current Super Eagles.You don't even know the team and their current strength.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by honeric01(m): 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^^^

I will continue typing "you people" as long as you and your likes keep supporting mediocrity by showing blind patriotism even when its not needed, you can't be more Nigerian than me, believe me but if you won't, who cares?

So because i am a mod of the sport section, i shouldn't say the truth when need be? i should be sentimental in my judgement? sorry pick on another user, not my type okay?

Lastly, do you have a definite 23 players as we speak? how then do you expect me to name the current 23 players? you want to sound like you sabi football bah? okay, name the current 23 players of the SE. I am waiting o since na you sabi them.

YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CURRENT SUPER EAGLES LINE UP RIGHT NOW unless you want to deceive yourself.

You obviously do not know anything about me, you think i fell from the sky down to NL and gbam, i became the MOD of the sport section? think again, i am more LOCAL FOOTBALL than you can ever imagine.

Enough said!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by semid4lyfe(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2011
Some people need to engage their fingers elsewhere instead of on their keyboards grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Syenite(m): 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2011
honeric01:

^^^^

I will continue typing "you people" as long as you and your likes keep supporting mediocrity by showing blind patriotism even when its not needed, you can't be more Nigerian than me, believe me but if you won't, who cares?

So because i am a mod of the sport section, i shouldn't say the truth when need be? i should be sentimental in my judgement? sorry pick on another user, not my type okay?

Lastly, do you have a definite 23 players as we speak? how then do you expect me to name the current 23 players? you want to sound like you sabi football bah? okay, name the current 23 players of the SE. I am waiting o since na you sabi them.

YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CURRENT SUPER EAGLES LINE UP RIGHT NOW unless you want to deceive yourself.

You obviously do not know anything about me, you think i fell from the sky down to NL and gbam, i became the MOD of the sport section? think again, i am more LOCAL FOOTBALL than you can ever imagine.

Enough said!

Well, suite your self Mr "you people"
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by honeric01(m): 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^^Good
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by bingbagbo(m): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2011
What? 0dems to miss the match? We don die!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Nobody: 4:24am On Aug 07, 2011
players that are injured:

Mikel Obi
Odemwingie
, etc, lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 07, 2011
where can we watch it in the uk??
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by tainot2002(m): 11:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
why do we always deviating from original topic, Haba!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by semid4lyfe(m): 12:14am On Aug 08, 2011
adaobi123:

where can we watch it in the uk??

Not sure but it should be on SkySports undecided Got this off their website
http://www.skysports.com/football/match_facts/0,,11065_3413293,00.html

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by coolcash4l(m): 12:34am On Aug 08, 2011
Yeah! We need to apr8 our own and forget the past. We gat gud future guys,

Syenite:

Well, suite your self Mr "you people"
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by semid4lyfe(m): 12:45am On Aug 08, 2011
Enyeama, Ehiosun, Ambrose & Ogude out of Ghana clash
07/08/2011
http://africansoccer.weebly.com/index.html

Super Eagles will face rivals Ghana on Tuesday minus top stars led by Vincent Enyeama as they do not have visas into the UK.

Also without visas are Ehiosun Ekigho, Israel-based defender Efe Ambrose and Fengor Ogude, who is based in Norway.

An unhappy Eagles coach Samson Siasia told MTNFootball.com: "I am not happy that I will be playing against Ghana without four key players, Vincent Enyeama, Efe Ambrose, Fengor Ogude and Ekhigo Ehiosun.

"These players are key to our rebuilding exercise and they are also very vital to our preparations for the Africa Nations Cup qualifier against Madagascar. "Like we all know, we want to use the friendly against Ghana in London to prepare well for the must-win match against Madagascar and the UK visa problem is now acting as a stumbling block.”

He added, “Right now I want to call the NFF technical committee boss, Christopher Green, to inform him of this present predicament as see what solution the NFF could offer because I am very desperate to win this friendly.”

Defender Danny Shittu will be a likely late inclusion and team officials informed MTNFootball.com he has assured them he will join up with the rest of the squad on Monday.

Heartland star Chibuzor Okonkwo will travel with NFF officials from Nigeria on Sunday.

Siasia blamed the affected players for not acting promptly in respect of their UK visa applications.

"There are some things one needs to do right in time. I expect these guys to have applied for the visas from their respective bases in time since we are not travelling from Nigeria which could have helped this situation,” said Siasia, who arrived London Friday.

“This definitely cannot help our rebuilding process and I am really going to address this to forestall re-occurrence in future.

"Nevertheless, we will still try our best not to let down Nigeria in this important friendly. But sincerely speaking I’m not happy with the situation at all."

Typical Nigerian fire brigade approach.

The NFF protocol department should have gotten in touch with the invited players and impressed on them the importance of early visa application as soon as the team list was released and followed up with the players.

Maybe the NFF even did in this case. . .who knows undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by iGravity(m): 1:08am On Aug 08, 2011
Why is Nigeria and Ghana playing in the UK?! Or are they? Cos if they are, that's some serious blow on the self esteem of both countries.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Jarus(m): 5:25am On Aug 08, 2011
Proximity to players. Conenience. At this time when players have just resumed to their clubs, with season about to start, asking them to fly back to África for a friendly at that, is not the best.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Ajibel(m): 7:26am On Aug 08, 2011
Did i just read that DANNY SHITTU shocked shocked would be a late inclusion, what a rebuilding process indeed, soon it would be yakuboo,makinwa,obodo and the rest of 'em all.mtscew
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by EFULEFU1(m): 7:26am On Aug 08, 2011
chei, we don die oo! ghana go smoke 9ja!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by irekez(m): 8:44am On Aug 08, 2011
However you see it Nigeria vs Ghana match goes beyomd friendlies. It is like a cup final. The most composed team will take the day.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by bingbagbo(m): 9:51am On Aug 08, 2011
good news! asamoah wont play
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by semid4lyfe(m): 11:16am On Aug 08, 2011
The Super Eagles should know this is more than a friendly match. . .particularly with the recent Insult metted out to us by the Ghanaian FOKN Bois cry

Ghana’s naughtiest sons, the F.O.K.N Bois, BRINNNNGGG IT with their new single “Thank God We’re Not A Nigerians” off the soon-to-be-released FOKN Wit Ewe.Recorded in advance of the Ghana vs. Nigeria  “International Friendly” (the official match name, not ours) footie match (aka soccer, obvs) on August 9 – which takes place somewhere in England we’ve never heard of – they’re throwing down the (totally offensive) gauntlet (if you’re a Nigerians, that is). But apparently it’s even worse to be a Liberians (to Nigerians: “thank god you’re not a Liberians”).

[flash=550,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFfO2JCD6ZM?version=3" type="[/flash]

Nigerians: what say you? Are you just gonna’ take that?

THANK GOD WE'RE NOT A NIGERIANS by FOKN BOIS

LYRICS

Intro- I'm feeling fyne my man (2x)
          No argument for here men. . .while we have four colours in our flag, they only have two ha ha ha

Kofi is a common name, that's what even I say
But a Ghana man will never call a child Friday
Thank God we're not Nigerians

Always shouting very loud, don't know how to whisper
And why say Mistor, instead of Mister
Thank God we're not a Nigerians

You like school more than any African I’ve seen
Simple thirteen, you still say tharteen
Thank God we're not a Nigerians

They ban the whole team, you can’t even play
Can’t you just say Hi, what is Ki lon sele
Thank God we’re not a Nigerians

You barely qualify, then  get stuck
President Goodluck but you still suck

Thank God we’re not Nigerians

Instead of Hamburger or Pizza with ham
You eat Egusi with pounded yam

Always trying to show off, even when you eat
One soup, no vegetable but twelve different meat

Fela was a great Musician, yes of course
(Inaudible) something drugs

You created Nollywood,yes more of it
But too many witches and wizards in your film

Always in traditional wear everywhere
Haven’t you hear of Armani wear

For example shining five piece agbada
You can look very good in Dolce and Gabbana

Not going anywhere fast, let’s just stroll
Traffic everywhere, many bad bad roads

No street light from Oregun to Ikeja
Four four, join join two two on okada

Extra page in your passport to pass and go
You have learn very well from Obasanjo

Email fraud, Pyramid, 419
Oh that’s not fine

But at least you are better than Liberians
So thank God you’re not a Liberians

This is WAR. Since I can't pick a gun & go shoot some Ghanaians, I'll make do with a Super Eagles victory on Tuesday cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Jarus(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2011
;DNot a laughing matter, very funny though.

But our own pass Liberians o. Na 'death' dem strike Liberia grin

Anyway, our boys must taatan for Tuesday o but dem go do pass their brains?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by semid4lyfe(m): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2011
Jarus, I dey serious o. . . .the boys gats salvage our pride. How tiny Ghana ''lason lason'' go dey eff with us?

Any which way, Super Eagles must WIN on Tuesday grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Martass: 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2011
Not to worry, Nigeria.

Essien, Asamoah Gyan, Kwadjo Asamoah, Kevin Boateng, Sulley Mutari, capt John Mensah, Daniel Opare  all not playing. Some are old horses, others are injured.

Ghana would be featuring a host of new young players.

Opportunity for Nigeria to exact vengeance.  grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Emmanog(f): 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2011
plz the match will be played by 11pm nigerian time not 7:45pm.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by shesi(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2011
Not to worry, Nigeria.

Essien, Asamoah Gyan, Kwadjo Asamoah, Kevin Boateng, Sulley Mutari, capt John Mensah, Daniel Opare all not playing. Some are old horses, others are injured.

Ghana would be featuring a host of new young players.

Opportunity for Nigeria to exact vengeance.

you mean the same young players who went to the final of the last african cup? beating your eagles in the process?

revenge indeed. we shall see. for ghana, this will be a routine training exercise. a chance to blood some of our less experienced youngers. to get them ready for more rigouros tests ahead. .
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Gbenge77(m): 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2011
The Super Eagles are supposed to be in action against Ghana and not the under 20 team.The mods should correct the title.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Reference(m): 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2011
I don't know whether its me but i don't see the point in this match. There's absolutely nothing to gain playing Ghana. I think we have created this rivalry and a monster out of it that's slowly consuming our football teams, tearing them apart and not allowing us play and develop of game and teams properly. What's the big deal. Why the frenzy. We had a choice between South Africa and Ghana and chose Ghana, for what reason. There's little or no benefit in a win and only more psychological pain in a loss.

Ghana is not the best team in Africa so by defeating them we will barely move in FIFA rankings. Their teams have no commercial value whatsoever. I mean we've played them time and again and it has not popularized or bankrolled our teams. Like I was telling someone I think the NFF is just clueless as to how to run football in this country. Teams play friendlies for serious reasons of which psychology is the least interest.

Principally you play friendlies for two reasons. For technical development and for financial development. We need both badly. If we wanted to improve on the continent we would be playing Cote D'Ivorie or Egypt, not Ghana or Cameroon. If the NFF is going to sort out its purse and move anywhere near financial independence from government then we can be helped by playing the likes of South Africa that has a huge commercial footballing market and very generous sponsors. On the world stage the stakes are even greater. But we turned down South African and are threatening to turn down Argentina (though understandable for fixture congestion) only to take on Ghana simply because we have a fixation with them.

In football we are far too sentimental to make reasonable progress. Even longer rivalries like the Brazil/Argentina, England/Scotland and others aren't cage rattlers in the least. They just come and go. We'd better tone this thing down before it consumes our game. On radio, everywhere people are snarling and foaming in the mouth and where you have NFF stores filled with endless drawing boards, one seismic loss and we nuke our entire football. Just like the Germany friendly with the Falcons. I warned its destabilizing outcome. We lost quite alright but lost it and went bonkers, carving up the team and injecting panic. The result. Disaster at the world cup.

Nigerians should be less sentimental and sensational and if we can't handle it we should not play Ghana. Though friendlies are good we can see the Argentina one clearly cost us the Ethiopian match through sheer pomposity. The reverse could be the case here. A loss against Ghana could shatter the nerves of Nigerians, trigger an avalanche of negative reaction in the press and destabilize a clueless NFF that could take drastic and undermine the team and its handlers all for nothing.

Please lets take it easy and see the bigger picture. We are simply making a mountain out of a mole hill, downing bottles of alcohol when we know we cannot handle hangovers properly and maturely,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Martass: 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2011
Just admit that at the moment Ghana is superior to Nigeria in Soccer and you'll be free of your psychological demons. 

I agree with you, I didn't know why Ghana would even agree to play Nigeria again. Within a short period they have beaten (fcked) Nigeria over and over again.

It would have been better for Nigeria to go play SA for a change, unless Ghana for some reason wanted to make small favours for his sweet heart.

Btw, When you play with a superior team you always learn something wink cheesy grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana On Tuesday August 9 @ 7:45pm by Reference(m): 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
Martass:

Just admit that at the moment Ghana is superior to Nigeria in Soccer and you'll be free of your psychological demons. 

I agree with you, I didn't know why Ghana would even agree to play Nigeria again. Within a short period they have beaten (fcked) Nigeria over and over again.

It would have been better for Nigeria to go play SA for a change, unless Ghana for some reason wanted to make small favours for his sweet heart.

Btw, When you play with a superior team you always learn something wink cheesy grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss cool cool cool

We have not gained anything from playing Ghana. It hasn't improved any of our teams. Stop this fixation and go play other teams. We have better things to do. The fact that Argentina lost to Uruguay or Brazil lost to Paraguay in the Copa is neither here nor there. Results are transient and you are only as good as the present game. We are building a team and don't need distractions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Play Badminton in Lagos? / NFF To Honour Falcons Class Of 1999, Jegede At Aiteo Football Awards / Copa America 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.