Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland (1612 Views)

Am Sick And Tired / Am Sick Of Nairaland / Am Sick And Tired! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by dasa: 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2011
Why cant we have a discussion about our country without the terms, Yoruba Poeple, hausa people, ibo people etc.
Some statements are so abusive and full of hate.

The hate is so shameful.

all we should see is good and bad Nigerians.

I call on the moderator to take tribalism seriously and ban anyone who makes comments that insults tribes or races.

Lets be rational and show respect to one another.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Dyt(f): 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2011
Well sm ppl live wit hatred in dem
dey were brought up wit it
sm were trained
diff individuals
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by BIGERBOY1: 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2011
i support that tribal statements b banned, thats why i hardly post on nrland any more,

u just think most of these pple r kids
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Mariory(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2011
I have come to realise it is actively encouraged (generates traffic for the site). It is the same people doing it over and over again.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by sbeezy8: 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2011
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by aljharem3: 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2011
OP

i see what u are saying and as u can see, even alj harem has stopped

but when u stop, u would see some ideeiot from the SE opening up topic again about other ethnic groups

well the ball is in there court

even f/y/z stranger has stopped so why can't aloy-emeka, highchief, chino11, adejoro74, sadiq, and co stop

lets keep looking, i just hope it does not get to the breaking point
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Dyt(f): 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2011
Highchief?
I dont think so
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2011
Dyt:

Highchief?
I dont think so

Then you ought to stick around here a bit. You'll think so.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by aljharem3: 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2011
Dyt:

Highchief?
I dont think so

well that is the truth, when i am really bored i notice this things

infact Highchief is even worse than Ezeuche, believe me on this

well, lets keep watching
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Chyz2: 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2011
hmmm. Can't we all just get along? angry grin
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Dyt(f): 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2011
M on d look out
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Sunofgod(m): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2011
dasa:

Why cant we have a discussion about our country without the terms, Yoruba Poeple, hausa people, ibo people etc.

The hate is so shameful.

I call on the moderator to take tribalism seriously and ban anyone who makes comments that insults tribes or races.

Nigerians are very sensitive towards certain things and are also very defensive of their tribes.

So when you post a thread like this and decide to spell 'Hausa' with a small 'h' and Igbo as 'ibo' your only fueling these sentiments.

But I'm sure this wasn't an innocent mistake by yourself

Practise what you preach - (you hypocritical b.astard)
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Dyt(f): 3:56pm On Jun 19, 2011
^^ so d fact he spelt yoruba wit a capital letter now
u c
dis s wat we jst talkin bout
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Chyz2: 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2011
Sun of god:

Nigerians are very sensitive towards certain things and are also very defensive of their tribes.

So when you post a thread like this and decide to spell 'Hausa' with a small 'h' and Igbo as 'ibo' your only fueling these sentiments.

But I'm sure this wasn't an innocent mistake by yourself

Practise what you preach - (you hypocritical b.astard)

So you noticed that too,lol. Thanks for pointing that out my brother. cool
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by alexleo(m): 4:05pm On Jun 19, 2011
I ve been saying it that all this tribal bashing that people are doing here is rubbish. At the end of the day nobody gains. Somebody here is saying that the south east starts it. Thats a very big lie. Any tribe starts it. Sometimes the south east and Sometimes the south west so you people should stop talking nonsense. And even when a thread like this is opened to initiate peace and somebody comes here to accuse another tribe of starting the war does that show that the person is sincere that he wants peace? Isn't that foolish statement enough to spark off another round of war? People can be so silly and foolish in their reactions to issues.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by redsun(m): 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2011
Nairaland is a miniature state of nigeria.Meddling here too much will reduce a reasonable individual to the state of mind of animals like obj,gej and co.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Dyt(f): 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2011
Royal rumble begins
tot we jst talkin bout scrappin off tribalism
smh
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by redsun(m): 4:32pm On Jun 19, 2011
Trying to scrap tribalism in nigeria is like trying to scrap racism among american rednecks and european neonazis in the west,impossible.It is something that is inherently and culturally imbued in them and it will take a whole lot of eye opening and generations of free thinkers to free them from the inherent bondage.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by buzugee(m): 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2011
tribalism is a mental disease. once you go crazy, thats it. no cure. same with any mental disease.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by redsun(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2011
It is an attribute of ignorance,it overshadows rational judgement and progressive thinking.It can be cure with TRUE enlightenment
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by buzugee(m): 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2011
redsun:

It is an attribute of ignorance,it overshadows rational judgement and progressive thinking.It can be cure with TRUE enlightenment
it can be contained but it can never be cured grin thats my opinion. and you know what they say about opinions ? they are like buttholes, everyone has one grin
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by russellino: 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2011
alj_harem:

OP

i see what u are saying and as u can see, even alj harem has stopped

but when u stop, u would see some ideeiot from the SE opening up topic again about other ethnic groups

well the ball is in there court

even f/y/z stranger has stopped so why can't aloy-emeka, highchief, chino11, adejoro74, sadiq, and co stop

lets keep looking, i just hope it does not get to the breaking point
i am glad you accept that you are part of the problem but have you really stopped? I read a misleading topic you started about about an imaginary political tribal war between two tribes. What were you looking to achieve? When it seemed not to spark foul replies you moved and abandoned the thread. I'm glad that most ppl on this site are either bored or have outgrown ethnic bashing.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by ezeagu(m): 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2011
Stop that thing. Tribalism is the natural reaction to Nigeria.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by namfav(m): 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2011
yes there is alot of tribalism but because the moderators allow it, they even have a tribalism section
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Mcleo007(m): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2011
Its so sad a situation; and it actually states the way things are in the country. That accounts for the minimal achievements we've acrued as a people. Wonder what the white people would be thinking about us. I started a thread some days back on inter-tribal dating and goshhh', the thread is now murky. Check it out, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-691727.0.html
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by dempeople(m): 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2011
@OP,

Nairaland is a microcosm of Nigeria itself. Doubt me at your own fate!
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Agnesqueen(f): 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2011
dasa:

The hate is so shameful.

They are just emulating their dear country. That is why Nigeria have to choose a President from a different tribe in the country or a riot will ensue. Come to think of it that is how the recent Presidential election went. It funny that when Nigerians come to America or go to Europe, they all get along and consider every Nigerian they meet their brother and sister from their country, but once they go back home that tribal mentality comes back. I'm sick of it too on nairaland but i understand that when you are taught to hate or simply dislike your fellow countrymen  because of their last name, you will likely show that prejudice in everything you do and everyone including yourself and myself will notice it.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by OAM4J: 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2011
Interesting!

Many of these "tribal warlords" are currently serving various degrees of ban, others have received their last warnings.

I can assure you that, the Admin and the moderators do not support/encourage it. We know that these few "tribalist" discourages a lot of genuine/serious posters from posting.

Please do the moderators a fovour by reporting any ethnocentric insulting post/thread using the report to moderator button or the complaints thread as soon as you notice it.

Thank you.

The Moderators.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Ngodigha: 12:09am On Jun 20, 2011
Am glad Jarus and co has put to an end all those it ''sucks to be Igbo'' comments flowing freely sometime ago.
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by hakanai(m): 12:11am On Jun 20, 2011
^^^^  You can't even imagine it.
You don't know poo, until you are from the North,Muslim or Buhari  cry cry cry cry.Then Damn man you must develop a though skin and get use to it.Because people  would want to do the thinking for you and even allegations/convictions in imaginary scenarios. undecided undecided undecided undecided
I got to know about hate in  Nigeria through NL. My very person has reservations about anybody south now.Thanks to NL.I think this forum makes them spit out there hate towards me and every thing North.
I never thought of separation of Nigeria before now but thanks to NL. I am firm believer and a firm advocate for it.I encourage alot of my Northerner folks to brace up for such. The unity is no more. just purely southern hatred.Before we are taken down Rwanda style one day.

School down south and i never saw all the hating.Usually i was like an ambassador of the south.telling people to embrace the south especially the Igbos.For me they are just good people only a bit , ! I attacked even the north for attacks on them.NL opened my eyes to the other side!!! shocked shocked shocked

On NL the Northern humans got the most degrading names you can imagine.
from abokis,almajiris,goro chewing,nama,terrorist,boko haramist,talibans,animals in human skin etc you guys know the rest. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by Seun(m): 7:18am On Jun 20, 2011
Can you list the names of the tribalistic Nairalanders you've noticed. We can go ahead and ban them for you smiley
Re: I Am Sick Of The Tribalism In Nairaland by 195(f): 7:27am On Jun 20, 2011
Seun ive been banned by the spam Bot for trying to make a post

I took off the link and try adjusting the thread to make it shorter

It has refused to release my original 190 ID and keeps banning me each time

what's up with this -[s] kindly switch off that spam bot and let me make my post, then switch it back on[/s]

and kindly do release my ID back to me - getting banned for making a post is a new one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download This App And See The Wonder Of Chat, Pinging, Poking, Whatapps In 1 App / This Nigerian Scammer Engr Godson Sunday Has Handed Over To Mr Matthew Philemon / Who Are Thos 'liking' Yuzedo's Post?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.