Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,071 members, 7,811,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos (10010 Views)

President-elect Bola Tinubu Meets With North West Governors At Defence House / 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency / Timi Frank To Osinbajo: Sue Me, Stop Threatening Media Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by adenigga(m): 6:50am On Jan 15, 2022
The Ohanaeze Ndigbo General Assembly Worldwide, on Friday, said the Southeast must unite and dialogue with the Western and Southern parts of the country.

The body said dialoguing with other regions was the only way the Igbos could get anything from Nigeria.

In a statement signed and forwarded to DAILY POST, Amb Tony Chiemelu Obizoba, the Director-General Strategic Planning and Implementations of Ohanaeze, said the Southeast must stop threatening other tribes and regions.

Obizoba cautioned those making derogatory remarks about other regions and attributing them to Ohanaeze to desist.

He said, “Having been through the many discrepancies resulting from the cacophony of voices and which has had adverse effects on the fortunes of the race, we are hereby making it clear to Nigerians and constituted authorities in the country that the only legitimate body that can speak on behalf of Ndi Igbo in terms of matters of importance is the Ohanaeze Ndigbo General Assembly Worldwide being the one registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and so recognised by law to do so.

“We also must seize this opportunity to dissociate ourselves as Ohanaeze Ndigbo General Assembly Worldwide from those divisive comments such as threatening the sovereignty of Nigeria, other tribes and regions should Igbo not get what it desires in the project called Nigeria on the time they are specifying, mainly 2023 elections.

“Our position on the forthcoming general elections is that Ndi Igbo, if they need any position, should build bridges and consult widely within the various divides, not asking anybody that has declared interest to drop his interest and wait for Ndi Igbo to come and present its candidate.

“We urge our people that if we must have a stake in the project called Nigeria, then we have to begin to build bridges with immediate effect. We have to build a wider consultation from the stakeholders of Ndigbo.

“Ohanaeze Ndigbo is urging all stakeholders to unite as one, dialogue and consult widely with the North and West to be able to establish their presence and cordial relationship before talking of attaining any certain position.

“So, we are not going to play along with the other group of people calling themselves Ohanaeze Ndigbo and who are asking those that have declared interest to run for the presidential seat to drop their ambition.

“From the foregoing, we notice that people are battling from all angles to hijack this Ohanaeze Ndigbo for their own selfish interests and this is happening especially from the illegitimate groups and some of the few governors trying to outshine the legitimate body that is Ohanaeze Ndigbo General Assembly Worldwide. We will, however, not allow them to do so, whoever intends to do business with Igbo should know that transacting with such illegitimate groups means being on one’s own.

“As for us, we will continue to urge our leaders to build bridges and consult widely with the various divides to be able to discuss, if actually, we want this project Nigeria to succeed. This is because you cannot talk of the Nigeria project and then you say you don’t want to talk to the North or the West. It means you are just talking to yourselves, it is not done. A paradigm shift now is a must.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Presidency-Stop-threatening-others-dialogue-with-North-South-Ohanaeze-to-Igbos

17 Likes

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by backtalkG(m): 6:51am On Jan 15, 2022
Ok. Politics is a game of numbers and compromises

12 Likes

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by Ttalk: 6:52am On Jan 15, 2022
You are correct

35 Likes

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by seunmsg(m): 7:00am On Jan 15, 2022
In a statement signed and forwarded to DAILY POST, Amb Tony Chiemelu Obizoba, the Director-General Strategic Planning and Implementations of Ohanaeze, said the Southeast must stop threatening other tribes and regions.

Obizoba cautioned those making derogatory remarks about other regions and attributing them to Ohanaeze to desist.

They have said too much already and it is too late to stop or change what has been said.

99 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by BigRocky: 7:03am On Jan 15, 2022
Nigeria is a forced union!

The east, north and west have nothing in common till Lord lugard almagamated it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by Ebubu: 7:07am On Jan 15, 2022
The e-rats on nairaland are the worst

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by nrexzy: 7:08am On Jan 15, 2022
Now they are begining to realize that everything is not by force n propaganda...

We havent helped ourselves we want others to help us... Look at how Ebonyi was transformed over night... Yet one governor is asking the people if the flyover he is building if they asked him to build it....

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by omenkaLives(m): 7:09am On Jan 15, 2022
Ohanaeze telling Okoros to stop threatening others but rather dialogue to get the presidency? Is Ohanaeze aware such strategy as dialogue, persuasion, friendship, cajoling, bridge building, etc are acts of cowardice and slavery in the books of their kith and kin?

They better take a rain check. That bridge has long been crossed. Even Ohanaeze themselves have been threatening Nigerians over the presidency, just like their sons and daughters.

As for me and my house, anyone who emerges the APC flagbearer has our vote, preferably Star Boy. The pdp can have Kanu or Evans on their ticket for all we care.

88 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by omenkaLives(m): 7:11am On Jan 15, 2022
seunmsg:

They have said too much already and it is too late to stop or changed what has been said.
Exactly!!

Even Ohanaeze themselves are no different. They're just pretending to be. No one is fooled.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by nrexzy: 7:12am On Jan 15, 2022
BigRocky:
Nigeria is a forced union!

The east, north and west have nothing in common till Lord lugard almagamated it.

Forced union and our leaders in d east has decided not to perform except for Ebonyi & maybe Anambara...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by chatinent: 7:13am On Jan 15, 2022
The coercive amalgam of 1914 is our problem. People who didn't agree to be together were federated! How can there be peace?

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by adenigga(m): 7:17am On Jan 15, 2022
omenkaLives:
Ohanaeze telling Okoros to stop threatening others but rather dialogue to get the presidency? Is Ohanaeze away such strategy as dialogue, persuasion, friendship, cajoling, bridge building, etc are acts of cowardice and slavery in the books of their kith and kin?

They better take a rain check. That bridge has long been crossed. Even Ohanaeze themselves have been threatening Nigerians over the presidency, just like their sons and daughters.

As for me and my house, anyone who emerges the APC flagbearer has our vote, preferably Star Boy. The pdp can have Kanu or Evans on their ticket for all we care.
grin grin grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by QueenAgbo(f): 7:19am On Jan 15, 2022
Ebubu:
The e-rats on nairaland are the worst

Are they not your brothers?

You are from ebonyi right?

To be sincere instead of southeast to produce president 2023,southsouth will have it.Southeasterners never still learn politics at all.

Everything is not by emotion and blackmailing or threatenjng others.

Here in Enugu all Igbo youth tells me is that once a southeasterners is mistakenly made president the first to to fight other ethnic group especially yoruba and fulani and then divide the country.

The truth of the matter be say other tribe know Igbos have hidden evil intention that is why we can't vote you guys come 2023.

Before you call me yoruba,I am an Ika from Agbor and Okowa is my presidential candidate.

Thank you.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by QueenAgbo(f): 7:21am On Jan 15, 2022
omenkaLives:
Exactly!!

Even Ohanaeze themselves are no different. They're just pretending to be. No one is fooled.

No mind them.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by BigRocky: 7:25am On Jan 15, 2022
nrexzy:

Forced union and our leaders in d east has decided not to perform except for Ebonyi & maybe Anambara...

The east has never been organize.

They are thier own problem!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by Ebubu: 7:43am On Jan 15, 2022
QueenAgbo:

Are they not your brothers?

You are from ebonyi right?

To be sincere instead of southeast to produce president 2023,southsouth will have it.Southeasterners never still learn politics at all.

Everything is not by emotion and blackmailing or threatenjng others.

Here in Enugu all Igbo youth tells me is that once a southeasterners is mistakenly made president the first to to fight other ethnic group especially yoruba and fulani and then divide the country.

The truth of the matter be say other tribe know Igbos have hidden evil intention that is why we can't vote you guys come 2023.

Before you call me yoruba,I am an Ika from Agbor and Okowa is my presidential candidate.

Thank you.

Lol Okowa wey never even declare. Okowa is not contesting and you know it!

You accuse Igbo of blackmail and threat but here you are, being the champion of it and declaring your blackmail and threat of never voting them. Look yourself in the mirror and see within you, what you shamelessly accuse others, you are not better off yourself.

Go and sleep. You just want Okowa to win for purely selfish and evil reasons; because he’s your statesman. What development has be brought to that road-eroded Delta?
He hasn’t declared but you’re carrying his matter on your head, does he even have national clout?
As you’re claiming let SS have it, one would think you would champion a Jonathan with national clout or a Wike with national clout.

Okowa would not contest and if he does, would never win the primary and you know it. His best bet is to emerge running mate to either atiku or tambuwal. Talking about lightweight he’s as lightweight as ugwuanyi.

And please don’t speak evil of your host, if your mama didn’t teach you manners, learn it by yourself. And please stop hiding under the umbrella of “we other tribe”, speak for yourself and your one vote which you are only constitutionally entitled to.

An ungrateful dunce like you who SE backed like no other region when your region contested and held Presidency, the result is why we are marginalized today, is here saying instead of SE to have it, SS has it again.

Go and sleep. You as an individual don’t even matter in the scheme of things as to which region it will fall on to contest.

You are inconsequential

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by benuejosh: 7:46am On Jan 15, 2022
With the level of confusion in Igbo land, they'll still miss out in the general election. Ohanaeze is either quarreling Tinubu for coming out to contest or commanding every political party to give them the presidency.

Igbos don't know what they want yet. OR they don't know how to go about they wish.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by headSmasher: 7:48am On Jan 15, 2022
ok
Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by Peterobiisathie(f): 7:50am On Jan 15, 2022
It is late already
No okoro will get APC ticket in 2023

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by QueenAgbo(f): 7:53am On Jan 15, 2022
Ebubu:

Lol Okowa wey never even declare. Okowa is not contesting and you know it!

You accuse Igbo of blackmail and threat but here you are, being the champion of it and declaring your blackmail and threat of never voting them. Look yourself in the mirror and see within you, what you shamelessly accuse others, you are not better off yourself.

Go and sleep. You just want Okowa to win for purely selfish and evil reasons; because he’s your statesman. What development has be brought to that road-eroded Delta?
He hasn’t declared but you’re carrying his matter on your head, does he even have national clout?
As you’re claiming let SS have it, one would think you would champion a Jonathan with national clout or a Wike with national clout.

Okowa would not contest and if he does, would never win the primary and you know it. His best bet is to emerge running mate to either atiku or tambuwal. Talking about lightweight he’s as lightweight as ugwuanyi.

And please don’t speak evil of your host, if your mama didn’t teach you manners, learn it by yourself. And please stop hiding under the umbrella of “we other tribe”, speak for yourself and your one vote which you are only constitutionally entitled to.

An ungrateful dunce like you who SE backed like no other region when your region contested and held Presidency, the result is why we are marginalized today, is here saying instead of SE to have it, SS has it again.

Go and sleep. You as an individual don’t even matter in the scheme of things as to which region it will fall on to contest.

Okay thank you for your insult,but know it south east will not have it.I have right to support who ever I want you are not the one to tell me.

Never in your life compare okowa and Ugwuanyi,they are not mate.

Which host,your people are more in my land than my people here.Southeast is underdevelop so cannot attract Ika's like my land attract your people who will rather die than go back and build their land.

The problem with you Igbos is that you guys are just empty noise makers.Ohaneaze are deceiving themselfs,they are not different from the Igbo they are pretending to caution,all because of election.

All the insult and blackmailing where una they do to other tribe we go pay una back just calm down,na next year.

As usual una go wail again,nor be today.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by Ebubu: 7:55am On Jan 15, 2022
QueenAgbo:

Okay thank you for your insult,but know it south east will not have it.I have right to support who ever I want you are not the one to tell me.

Never in your life compare okowa and Ugwuanyi,they are not mate.

Which host,your people are more in my land than my people here.Southeast is underdevelop so cannot attract Ika's like my land attract your people who will rather die than go back and build their land.

The problem with you Igbos is that you guys are just empty noise makers.Ohaneaze are deceiving themselfs,they are not different from the Igbo they are pretending to caution,all because of election.

All the insult and blackmailing where una they do to other tribe we go pay una back just calm down,na next year.

As usual una go wail again,nor be today.

You are a nonentity. I care less about you. After all na you dey Igbo thread.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by QueenAgbo(f): 7:58am On Jan 15, 2022
benuejosh:
With the level of confusion in Igbo land, they'll still miss out in the general election. Ohanaeze is either quarreling Tinubu for coming out to contest or commanding every political party to give them the presidency.

Igbos don't know what they want yet. OR they don't know how to go about they wish.

Leave them,they refuse to question atiku and ask him to step down.

They will rather be vice,I am not even suppurting tinubu.

But the tribal attack on his person by Igbos show how they are born to hate other tribe.

Tinubu should becareful,he should monictor every of their people close to him even joe Igbokwe can poison Tinubu if he has the chance.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by EmirGold(m): 7:58am On Jan 15, 2022
seunmsg:

They have said too much already and it is too late to stop or change what has been said.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by EmirGold(m): 7:59am On Jan 15, 2022
Peterobiisathie:
It is late already No okoro will get APC ticket in 2023

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by QueenAgbo(f): 8:01am On Jan 15, 2022
Ebubu:

You are a nonentity. I care less about you. After all na you dey Igbo thread.

Yes,you wey nor be non-entity keep wailing.

You will never have it until una ready to learn.

Perhaps,you said SE supported SS to be president?

Look you supported oga Jonathan and he rewarded your people well.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2022
As seen somewhere on cyberspace....

Brainwashing is worse than HIV!

#Throwback

Enugu State. My state. My home. Igboland. My fatherland. It was Peter Obi who buried APC in Igboland when he claimed that Fashola deported Igbos. He went on air, sensationalized it. Good job. Igbo youths lapped on it. Jonathan and PDP were all smiles and Obi was hailed for a job well done.

He quickly joined the party on leaving office as was planned out. APGA, the alleged Igbo party was dumped and left to crumble. Ojukwu had died. The new Igbo party was PDP. The plan was going well. Jonathan would win election and our brothers would continue chopping on our behalf. The Grand plan was for 2017. Oil blocks allocations would expire in 2017 and there would be fresh allocations.

Boys were positioning themselves for the greatest cake. Dasuki released 500M to Jim for igbo elders. They did a perfect job. In churches Buhari was branded antichrist and antichristians whose ambitions were to islamize the east and persecute Christians. Prayer points were raised and brethren fasted against his emergence . Jonathan was sent by God and only his emergence would save the church.

Brethren spoke in tongue and prophesied. Anyone who ever prophesied anything contrary to Jonathan winning was branded antichrist and anti Igbo. Jonathan was igbo, our brother. Ndi Hausa hate us so much.

Buhari wrote Ohaneze severally to pay them a visit. No one as much as acknowledged his letter not to talk of inviting him. What's the point? Our son is running and he's gonna win anyways. APC was outcast and taboo in the land.

At the election the elders dutifully allocated 500,000 votes to Jonathan, maybe at 1000naira per vote. And 15,000 votes to Buhari. This was igbo project remember. By 2017 igbo sons would own oil blocks on our behalf. All seemed to be going well. Except that men without ears didn't think that God had the final say.

Suddenly, like the great titanic, everything went wrong! Our brother didn't win after all! Wow. What next? They started shouting persecution. Ana emegbu ndi igbo. Can't y'all see his appointment? I told you! We need Biafra! We never really wanted Nigeria. We only managed to take part in the election. We want Biafra! Our brothers in the niger delter will join us and we will get Biafra. Let's just own all the oil blocks at once.

Again things didn't go as expected. Wike first threw the first stone. He warned against any Biafra rubbish. One after the other, our so called brothers, denied us again. They ain't part of any Biafra business. Wow. I thought we fought for this people? We gave Jonathan our all. We actually threw away igbo ambitions for these people? Wow.

This is happening again. They did it in old Biafra. Now again. Na wao. What next? And buhari is arresting people up and down. Nwobodo has been named. Who next? Uche Ekwunife has been sacked at the court. Na wao. Wahala de o. Uche, with the endorsement of Peter Obi, that same Peter has finally joined that same APC, the anti Igbo Islamic party. She has to go back to Senate.

Tony Nwoye is set to join. But that's not the main gist. Our father, Senator Jim Nwobo, first executive governor of old Anambra state, the godfather of enugu state, founding member and hthe biggest chieftain of PDP, a member of the yam eating Dasuki committee of eminent Nigerians, yesterday, in company of another former enugu Senator, walked into stakeholders meeting of the APC in Enugu and declared loyalty. He has joined the "Islamic" party. Finally. Who's the fool here? Igbo youths!

Y'all put your businesses on the line. You were ready to go to war in lagos. You risked your families and livelihood for these men. They lied to you and you believed them. They now use you the way northern elders use their youths. They call you out at will and endanger your lives. They tell you it's because of the igbo. Did they do our roads? Nope. Did they provide infrastructure? Did they create more jobs to employ our teeming qualified graduates? Did they improve our schools? They did nothing.

They don't have our interests at heart. It's always all about their pockets. As old as elder Jim is, he still decamps up and down. Men without ears, men without shame. Yet we defend them. We protect them with our lives. Why brothers, why. See the western youths calling out almighty Olu Falae. See the northern youths calling out the princely Dasuki. But we? No way! These men are eating on our behalf, we must attack anyone who calls their name. In fact, we shall adopt any other accused person as ours and defend him no matter how he insulted the igbo in the past. FFK is now our son. Who done this to us? Are we cursed or are we the cause?

I repeat, the real enemies of Igboland are our political leaders at present. Let us sack the enemies at home. We igbos are blessed with intellectuals, why do we let charlatans lead us? 2023 is around the corner. Now is the time to start, I just wanna bare my mind

SEGLIZ:
the simple truth.
Chief SEGLIZ,
You've said it all!
Truth is not bitter,
Just that some people are bitter to the Truth!

Dem MANNA da TRUTH in the building.

berrystunn:
Igbos should learn politics...

We will learn with time....
Dem no dey telli person.

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by Bettykeys: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2022
Ohanefool should keep threatening and blackmail Tinubu as that is their only passport to Nigeria presidency ticket

You don't have to tell a mad man that it is raining

Bitterness in their DNA is congenital and it is incurable.

Last last they will learn it in hard way

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by QueenAgbo(f): 8:02am On Jan 15, 2022
[quote author=EmirGold post=109381950][/quote]

Thank you,Let them try their luck again in 16years time.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by Lovenorth: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2022
They are gradually realizing that Nigerians hate them and to be candid it's too late for meaningful negotiations and understanding for the election is very close and Southwest and South South have already made strong union with the North to the detriment of Ebos. For now there is nothing they can do to change the status quo, they are slaves period!

21 Likes

Re: 2023: Stop Threatening Others, Dialogue With North, South – Ohanaeze To Igbos by SEGLIZ: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2022
the simple truth.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Train Abduction: Negotiations Deadlocked, FG Seeks Foreign Assistance / Yahaya Seriki Empowers Kwarans Donates 250 Million To Help Alleviate Poverty / UK Politician Announces Buhari's Death In London Sends Condolence To Aishabuhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.