Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst (21234 Views)

Wanted Abuja Kidnapper, Dahiru Arrested After Wike’s ₦‎20 Million Bounty / Benue Road Leading To Ayu’s House Named After Wike / Thugs Destroy Amaechi,s Polling Unit After INEC Excluded APC From Rivers Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by fergie001: 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
PRESS STATEMENT

NSCDC BOSS DISBANDS THE ANTI VANDAL UNIT OF RIVERS STATE COMMAND.

The Commandant General of Nigeria security and Civil Defence Corps, Ahmed Abubakar Audi, PhD, mni, has received with shock and dismay, the allegations levelled against the anti vandal unit of Rivers State Command of the Corps by the Executive Governor of the state, Nyisom Wike, wherein the team was accused of aiding and abetting vandals and illegal bunkerers to carry out their nefarious activities in the state.

Worried by this disappointing development, the CG has ordered the suspension of head of the anti vandal team and the disbandment of the unit with immediate effect, pending the outcome of an independent enquiry set up to look into the weighty allegations levelled against the unit by the governor.

He said that the extant rules and regulations guiding the NSCDCl operations and the general ethics of the service requires complete display of total discipline, integrity, incorruptibility, transparency and accountability on the part of every Corps personnel, hence, the reason for this immediate action.

He further directed the Acting DCG in charge of investigation and intelligence to summon all the personnel involved to the National Headquarters, Abuja for further investigation to determine the level of involvement and or culpability with a view to dispensing justice appropriately.

He decried the allegations as not being in tandem with his vision for the Corps, stressing that he will not condone any criminal act or act of compromise by any personnel. He emphasized that a thorough investigation would be conducted to ascertain the veracity of the allegation and roles played by the individuals involved and whoever is found guilty would face necessary disciplinary actions and punishment.

He assured the Governor of Rivers state of getting to the root of the matter without delay, promising more synergy with the state government towards discharging more effective service delivery to the good people of Rivers state. Reiterating further that his administration has come with a renewed vigour to reposition the service in line with global best practices and will not condone any act of sabotage by any personnel no matter how highly or lowly placed.

"The swift action taken by me is to close any identified gaps in our operations and service to the nation, I will not tolerate any act of indiscipline, compromise or sabotage under any guise; our founding fathers have worked so hard to earn good name for the service as a noble organization and I will not allow a few bad eggs to spoil our name, image, our credibility and integrity. We will investigate those fingered in the allegations and deal decisively with them if found guilty to serve as a deterrent to others" the CG said.

Audi emphasized that as the lead agency in the protection of critical national asset and infrastructure, the Corps management would beam more searchlight into that area by reorganizing and reconstituting the anti vandal unit with a view to making it more responsive, transparent and accountable to Nigerians.

"Our moral principles are not negotiable; we are going to rejig the unit and fish out those spoiling the name of the Corps, my fight against vandals, illegal oil bunkerers and those stealing our collective wealth and sabotaging our economy is unflinching and we will redoubled our efforts to whittle down this act of sabotage and bring to justice anyone not in tune with our vision and mission for the service" he concluded.

Signed:

Olusola Odumosu
Director of Public Relations
NSCDC NHQ, Abuja.

PREVIOUS THREAD;
“It’s unfortunate for this country how security people will be involved in illegal bunkering. I can’t believe it. Mr. CP, I thank you for transferring the DPO in Rumuji, who owns a refinery. But the man must leave here, not transferred. He must leave this state.
https://www.nairaland.com/6940164/wike-police-dpo-rumuji-owns#109381686

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
Corruption everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by DrGoodman: 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
This is why we need state policing.

Wike giving orders, Abuja doing what they like.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by WiszyFraud: 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2022
Unserious moda-fxxkers

lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by ajumma(m): 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2022
DrGoodman:

state police ?

see what LASTMA in LAGOS & VIGILANATE
in other states are doing.

their excessiveness no get part 2

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Killerbag36: 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2022
Gh
Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Kennyfancy(m): 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
Let truth be told, most of those securities in the Riverine area are part of the illegal business, wike is right on this

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Omicron007: 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
shocked
Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by blaquebelle: 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
Join this space to discuss the fate of the #2023elections with other youth on twitter

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1ynJOZrAzgzGR
Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
Life imprisonment to all Vandals.

Still about Port Harcourt,
To all our people living in Port Harcourt, kindly use your face masks at this point and make sure your kids are using it too.
Soot is as dangerous, If not more dangerous than COVID-19.
Things are getting bad, serious and black (no pun intended) about this soot thing over here now.
Many people have died already.
May God continue to protect us his children till the end of this year and many more years to come.

shawante:
I think you guys should try wearing nose mask regularly.. At least it will reduce the rate at which you guys inhale the soot.
Cuz too much inhaling of that soot of a thing could cause lung cancer in the long run
True that.
Thanks.
We will.
JOACHINpedro:
I'm more concerned about the impotency it will render men.
My prayers are with you guys
Hmmm, impotency?
May God save our men!

Modify :
justosee:

I have been in that City since June, and I was beginning to lose my health. It was as if I step into another world immediately I left PH.
I have been sleeping like a baby for the past three nights.
I don't think I was sleeping up to five hours per night while in Port Harcourt.
May God heal you totally.
You shall be here to celebrate plenty Christmases with us in Jesus name.
justosee:
I almost died while staying in Port Harcourt. Thank God my business there is over.
We thank God for your life.
Death is not your portion.

#WeDidOurPart

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Kennyfancy(m): 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
Y

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Edoreborn: 8:54pm On Jan 15, 2022
I think it's high time Nigerian govt did something about all ds big ranks ds civilians wear in d name of ogas..See his shoulder abeg.. Somebody that doesn't even av any field or battle experience..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by tonididdy(m): 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2022
ajumma:

state police ?

see what LASTMA in LAGOS & VIGILANATE
in other states are doing.

their excessiveness no get part 2
Are the federal security personels any different?
State Police will give the state government more power, period.

7 Likes

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Bluffly: 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2022
This is not a news.
Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Facidio: 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2022
Both NCDC, police and Army supervises illegal oil bunkery and oil theft here in warri. Na them dey do the bunkery sef

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Kingcalls: 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2022
Nigeria is a country of corruption

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Bimpe29: 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
The mischief makers have ganged up against the common wealth of our dear nation.

The vandals, bunkers as well as the illegal refiners are syndicate with the support of government at various levels.

It's really unfortunate.
Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by freemanq(m): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2022
Everybody no say na true
Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Original4u3967: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2022
The site is good for those who want Ghana girlfriend

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2022
DrGoodman:

We Don't need STATE POLICE!
BLACK MAN is not yet advanced for such.
We are still evolving.
See what UZODINMA and ROCHAS are doing.
See what AMAECHI are WIKE are doing.
See the Agberos in Lagos, Aba, Onitsha, NURTW.
Now imagine what these Governors will do with such. IF they can manipulate Federal Police to Hijack Ballot Boxes during Elections, then imagine their STATE POLICE.

With STATE POLICING, All NIGERIAN Governors will be returned at 2nd tenure irrespective of their performance or viability.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Victorclean1: 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2022
Alpha male. Just because he coughed, a whole NDSCDC catches cold. Hope Sanwo Olu is learning?

5 Likes

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by DropsMic(m): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2022
Greed is Nigeria and Nigeria is Greed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by 0taPiaPia(m): 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2022
They are supposed to loss their respective jobs, that will send a clearer message angry

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2022
Wike had to talk before the NSCDC boss did something or knew about it.

This shows you that the Unitary system of Government Nigeria is practising won't take us far.

Give the state's power to control resources and other stuff man.

It is well man.

Interested in making money with Crypto? Check my signature below.

it is totally free.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Danjikanbauchi: 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
The dpo should be kill and all his asset diverted to the government of river state.

God punish wike

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by SafeNigeria: 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
Come to ikorodu imagbon/pakisha axis it's the military,police and the local security that involve in the bunkry business on a weekly basis.....

Signed:

Olusola Odumosu
Director of Public Relations
NSCDC NHQ, Abuja.

PREVIOUS THREAD;

https://www.nairaland.com/6940164/wike-police-dpo-rumuji-owns#109381686[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by jaxxy(m): 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
DrGoodman:

They are actually acting on wikes complains and orders not doing what they like. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by Neduzze5(m): 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2022
The soot has drastically reduced since the drastic measures taking by the governor.

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst by ayindejimmy(m): 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2022
When we the NP react to the allegation leveled against the DPO in Rivers ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Places Oduah On ‘Tactical Suspension’ / Nigeria Road Shame Makes Yahoo Homepage. / Danjuma’s Self Defense Call: Nigeria ‘tip Toeing Through Minefield’ – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.