Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! (32671 Views)

My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Realchairmann: 1:21am On Jan 17, 2022
This is kinda confusing to me. I've been married to my beloveth wife for 11 years and counting. God has blessed us with three kids of ten, four and a year old. We are having a wonderful Union and time of our lifes.

For sometime now, I've been nurturing the idea of relocating abroad. My wife has BSc and MSc in Microbiology but has been jobless since she concluded her NYSC the year we got married. I'm ready to sponsor her for PHD to any country of her choice to pave way for I and the kids to follow later.

However, she has turned me down whenever I brought up the issue. Her response is always tied around the bond we share and that she can't just leave her kids and travel abroad.

I have a good paying job but I really want her to explore her potentials too. She's a very good wife and an excellent mother but I'm confused why she's skeptical about leaving this Country.

Or am I the one taking too much risk?

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Jackxcollection(m): 1:25am On Jan 17, 2022
Well, I've decided to dedicate this FTC to my one and only friend (MESSIAH) who lost his life in accident, may your soul rest in peace bro, you're still my favorite nigga...

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by faithfull18(f): 1:27am On Jan 17, 2022
Not everyone wants to permanently relocate abroad, some people just want to go and come back from time to time.

347 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by socialmediaman: 1:35am On Jan 17, 2022
There are so many reasons why that could be the case, you can probe further or try other paths like Express Entry where you’re the primary applicant. She probably has insecurities about another woman being in the picture if she travels? Also, some people are not that enthusiastic about relocating abroad or furthering their education, or perhaps she doesn’t want to become the breadwinner while you’re figuring yourself out there if you join her because the housewife you’re enjoying may suddenly become a stranger (bossy) if she starts providing for you

175 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

For sometime now, I've been nurturing the idea of relocating abroad. My wife has BSc and MSc in Microbiology but has been jobless since she concluded her NYSC the year we got married. I'm ready to sponsor her for PHD to any country of her choice to pave way for I and the kids to follow later. However, she has turned me down whenever I brought up the issue. Her response is always tied around the bond we share and that she can't just leave her kids and travel abroad.
I have a good paying job but I really want her to explore her potentials too. She's a very good wife and an excellent mother but I'm confused why she's skeptical about leaving this Country.
Your wife has a masters and has been jobless for 11 years. Does she even harbor desires to obtain a PhD on top of what she has so far, or are you the one making that decision for her to obtain a PhD as well? undecided

You want her to explore her "potentials" but why aren't these "potentials" explorable with the masters she currently has? undecided

If she don't want to go abroad for PhD,and assuming it is her desire to begin with, what is wrong with paying for her to obtain one right there in the country?, undecided

276 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by NoToPile: 1:38am On Jan 17, 2022
Not everybody is freaked with abroad matter.

She simply is not interested besides she has told you she values her family more than any pursuit that alone is a good reason.

222 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by HacheNoire: 1:39am On Jan 17, 2022
Then you that money to establish a good business for her in Nigeria.

You not even scared! You want to send your wife abroad alone? Do you know fine boys like us are very deadly, that any woman born of a lady can hardly resist us.

Please preserve your marriage. Boys are picking hobbies in breaking homes now. I have a friend who has 7 homes under his belt- He has used his peniss to destroy 7 formerly happy homes.

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by michlins(m): 3:16am On Jan 17, 2022
Before you got married, you should have discussed career goals and know how ambitious each other is.

If she says she can't go, let her be and you should start working on some other job for her. Don't come and spoil the peace you have in your house. It's very hard to come by

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by osato45: 4:53am On Jan 17, 2022
Like a few have stressed on above, does she have the ambition to do her PhD prior to your suggestion.

It's very hard for her now in my opinion, knowing fully well she has a year old child to cater for.

What plans do you have to bring the family closer when she starts her programme in a shortest time frame possible, or she goes with the kids and you visit often with a plan to join them soonest.

You also have to do your research about the best countries that fit your migration plan as you are the bread winner and any mistake on your part would cost the family dearly, that is financially and otherwise

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by GboyegaD(m): 5:15am On Jan 17, 2022
Encourage her to read about countries where you all can go together where she studies and you have right to work. Such countries include: UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Richy4(m): 5:49am On Jan 17, 2022
She is okay in her little comfort zone...U were the adventurous one here buddy...

Try and give her all the reasons u can lay your hands on.. she might grudgingly accept the proposal...

If u have extra cash, u guys might go on 3weeks vacation to that said country of your choice.. trial and tested thing smiley

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by sisisioge: 6:01am On Jan 17, 2022
She is actually tired of reading ni.....PhD is not a small task. One could spend several years on it. To what end for her? Did she say she is interested in academics or research? Corporate world will still be afraid to hire her cos she has zero experience with all the qualifications. Biko talk another one, madam probably doesnt want to waste yours and her time/resources.

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by dingbang(m): 6:04am On Jan 17, 2022
Wahala. Just go for vacations
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Truvelisback(m): 6:09am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:
This is kinda confusing to me. I've been married to my beloveth wife for 11 years and counting. God has blessed us with three kids of ten, four and a year old. We are having a wonderful Union and time of our lifes.
For sometime now, I've been nurturing the idea of relocating abroad. My wife has BSc and MSc in Microbiology but has been jobless since she concluded her NYSC the year we got married. I'm ready to sponsor her for PHD to any country of her choice to pave way for I and the kids to follow later. However, she has turned me down whenever I brought up the issue. Her response is always tied around the bond we share and that she can't just leave her kids and travel abroad.
Just get a good job for her in Nigeria. B4 relocating, ensure u pray very well abt ur relocation. The reason is this. Sometimes, where u are now, may be more favourable than where u are planning to relocate to.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by uthlaw: 6:29am On Jan 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your wife has a masters and has been jobless for 11 years. Does she even harbor desires to obtain a PhD on top of what she has so far, or are you the one making that decision for her to obtain a PhD as well? undecided

You want her to explore her "potentials" but why aren't these "potentials" explorable with the masters she currently has? undecided

If she don't want to go abroad for PhD,and assuming it is her desire to begin with, what is wrong with paying for her to obtain one right there in the country?, undecided
if she obtained it here, it useless,education in this country is useless, Nigeria is useless.... The wife is just lazy!

17 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by uthlaw: 6:30am On Jan 17, 2022
Truvelisback:
Just get a good job for her in Nigeria. B4 relocating, ensure u pray very well abt ur relocation. The reason this. Sometimes, where u are now, may be more favourable than where u are planning to relocate to.
if prayer work on everything, no poor man will be poor in Nigeria!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by uthlaw: 6:32am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:
you better move for better future for your children... Na yahoo boys de learn for universities/polytechnics now!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by ednut1(m): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2022
The bsc and msc landed her housewife role for 11 years. Now you saying phd. Who will give her phd admission seeing her 11years of doing nothing. Mr man dey use brain na. A woman who is used to be provided for you want her to go struggle and hustle abroad smh

40 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by SweetiliciousD: 6:51am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

Hmmmm

Do not push her too hard, you may not like the end result!

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:57am On Jan 17, 2022
Pls cut her some slack,dont force her against her will.life is about choice.

14 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Wonderboy01(m): 7:08am On Jan 17, 2022
She want to f**k here with or without u cool

So leave her nd get da Bleep outta our country angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by DEGREE2466(m): 7:10am On Jan 17, 2022
You're the ambitious one here. A woman with masters degree has remained unemployed for 11 years without being bordered about it and here you are forcing her to do PhD.

She knows that PhD will be over qualification for her and should she also remain unemployed after getting it, that will be a big blow to her person and she doesn't want that.

You know the saying that whom much is given, much is expected. In summary, she's running away from the responsibility that comes with the qualification you are forcing her to get and not because she necessarily love you and your children that she doesn't want to be away from you.

45 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Rickmann: 7:16am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

You failed to realise that she has to forge her own path. That may be what you want but that won't give her happiness hence her reason for declining.

Pls reason with her.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by webincomeplus(m): 7:18am On Jan 17, 2022
It's just cool reading through a thread like this on NL. Mature, civil, and insightful comments all through. A total breakaway from the tribal, religious, and political jabs and battles that have plagued NL lately. Even the usual trolling and "cruise" mongers aren't here. We need more of this.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Truvelisback(m): 7:32am On Jan 17, 2022
uthlaw:
if prayer work on everything, no poor man will be poor in Nigeria!
If prayer doesn't work on everything, prayer can work on issues like this. I knew a guy who carelessly and foolishly lost his good paying job all because a man promised to help his football career(he was a goalkeeper) by taking him abroad. He foolishly resigned from his good paying job hoping that the Abroad football career would be favourable, only for him to be DISAPPOINTED. As i am talking to u now, the Dude is eating from hand to mouth.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by uthlaw: 7:33am On Jan 17, 2022
Truvelisback:
If prayer doesn't work on everything, prayer can work on issues like this. I knew a guy who carelessy and foolish lost his go paying job all be a man promised to help his football(he was a goalkeeper) by taking him abroad. He foolishly resigned from his good paying job hoping that the Abroad football career would be favourable, only for him to be DISAPPOINTED. As i am talking to u now, the Dude is eating from hand to mouth.
okay,I'm not saying prayer doesn't work...but effort before prayers is the main thing!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Truvelisback(m): 7:35am On Jan 17, 2022
uthlaw:
okay,I'm not saying prayer doesn't work...but effort before prayers is the main thing!
No, prayers before effort. Our limited human senses might fail us.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by uthlaw: 7:38am On Jan 17, 2022
Truvelisback:
No, prayers before effort. Our limited human senses might fail us.
prayer before efforts... Thanks for the enlightenment!

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Truvelisback(m): 7:40am On Jan 17, 2022
uthlaw:
prayer before efforts... Thanks for the enlightenment!
My pleasure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by yuping(m): 7:53am On Jan 17, 2022
Realchairmann:

risk?
maybe she is not interested in furthering her education and she don't want to leave her children behind.
Ask her about sending her kid to school abroad and see what she will say.
Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by descarado: 7:59am On Jan 17, 2022
Why will she get a PhD?

You obviously don't know how abroad works.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! by Samuelkirk(m): 8:16am On Jan 17, 2022
Seems this man doesn't like how peaceful his family is.. don't start what you can't finish

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Tijani Adigun Adeagbo: My Dad Is Missing / Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.