Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House (32667 Views)

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / Mother-of-six Asks Court To Intervene As Her Husband Evicts Her From House / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by dre11(m): 10:40am On Jul 01, 2023
Wife Of Former Akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House In Abuja

Mosun Nkanga, the wife of a former military governor of Akwa Ibom State, Idongesit Nkanga, has evicted her step-children from the family house in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, SaharaReporters learnt on Thursday.

SaharaReporters learnt that Mosun drove all her four step-children, identified as Utibeabasi Nkanga, Etietop Nkanga, Lance Nkanga, Ini Idara Nkanga, out of the five-bedroom duplex apartment situated at No. 3B, Mary Slessor Close, off Udo Udoma, off Yakubu Gowon Road, Asokoro, Abuja.

This followed an order of a High Court in Abuja which issued a warrant on March 24, 2022, for the possession of the five-bedroom duplex apartment in her late husband’s estate.

In a video obtained by SaharaReporters on Thursday, the children were seen stranded outside the apartment with their luggage and personal property thrown out of the house.

However, in a court document filed by the four aggrieved children and their mother before the FCT High Court on Thursday through their lawyer, Mr Inibehe Effiong, to seek a new order of the court to set aside the subsisting orders granted to Mosun to evict her step-children from the apartment in dispute, it was claimed that the house was willed by Mr Nkanga as a family house to all his six surviving children.

Mr Nkanga, a retired air commodore, died of COVID-19 in December 2020.

It was also revealed that the late Nkanga said the apartment should be returned to Mrs Mosun when his last born, Ini Idara, became 30 years old.

Mr Effiong, however, said Mr Ini-Idara was 25 years old, and thus Mrs Mosun lacked the exclusive rights to the building until Ini Idara turned 30, as stipulated in the will.

“The 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Judgment Debtors/Applicants are beneficiaries of the Estate of their father, including the subject property, and have the right to continue to reside in the said subject property as Family House,” a copy of the document filed by Mr Effiong on behalf of the aggrieved children and their mother obtained by SaharaReporters reads.

When SaharaReporters reached out to Mrs Nkanga to get her reaction and further clarification on the issue, she said, “The eviction was done by the court and you can go to the court if you need any information.”

The four aggrieved children have again approached the court to seek the following orders:

“AN ORDER OF THIS HONOURABLE COURT setting aside the Warrant for Possession of Premises in Suit No: FCT/HC/CV/168/2021 issued on the 24th day of March, 2022 signed by His LordshipHon. Justice O. A. Musa, for an immediate vacant possession of Two (2) rooms apartment situated at No. 3B, Mary Slessor Close, off Udo Udoma, off Yakubu Gowon Road, Asokoro, Abuja.

“AN ORDER OF THIS HONOURABLE COURT setting aside the execution of the Judgment in Suit No: FCT/HC/CV/168/2021 and the eviction of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Judgment Debtors/Applicants from No3BMary Slessor Close, off Udo Udoma, off Yakubu Gowon Road, Asokoro, Abuja.

“AN ORDER OF THIS HONOURABLE COURT reinstating and restoring the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Judgment Debtors/Applicants forthwith into possession of N3B, Mary Slessor Close, off Udo Udomaoff Yakubu Gowon Road Asokoro Abuja.

“AN ORDER OF THIS HONOURABLE COURT directing the Judgment Creditor/Respondent, Director - Department of Enforcement, Sheriff(s) and the Bailiff(s) of this Honourable Court jointly and severally, to immediately return and restore into their positions before the eviction of the Applicants, all the properties and items removed and taken from No3B, Mary Slessor Closeoff Udo Udoma, off Yakubu Gowon Road, Asokoro, Abuja, during the eviction of the Applicants.

“AND FOR SUCH FURTHER ORDER OR ORDERS as this Honourable Court may deem fit to make in the circumstance in Applicants favour.”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/06/29/wife-former-akwa-ibom-military-governor-evicts-step-children-family-house-abuja-0

Nlfpmod
Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by radiolover(m): 10:44am On Jul 01, 2023
Kasala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by faithfull18(f): 10:47am On Jul 01, 2023
Hmmn, polygamous men and baby papas should see this

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by Nawttiboi007(m): 11:04am On Jul 01, 2023
OGs only

10 Likes

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by CJStarz: 11:05am On Jul 01, 2023
Why drag something U no go fit use when you die? This woman I'm sure,has plenty property yet this one wey her step children dey manage no gree her close eye sleep. Does she mind how her husband,the father of those children, would feel right now. She had no love or even respect for the man. Let her take the house but shame befall her if she no carry d house go yonder when it's time.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by Coolsat(m): 11:17am On Jul 01, 2023
Polygamous man without proper planning. Southerners keep messing up the polygamous way of life. Come up north let's teach you all how to successfully run polygamy.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by eyinjuege: 11:23am On Jul 01, 2023
These are not young children, but adults.
Why would the court go against the will though?
The story sounds fishy
I doubt any court will go against the will of the deceased.
These reporters need to go to the courts and find out the true information about the judgement

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by halaqasa: 11:26am On Jul 01, 2023
Women are dangerous with power

highoctane:

Why should a man of 40 years still find comfort under his father's tree shade?

Another angle

They should make up their own wealth ..... Nevertheless it's their father's property.... Anyways thier wahala

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by sotall(m): 11:27am On Jul 01, 2023
undecided

Polygamy and its never-ending wahala

Even 3 years after the man's demise, the problem he created still lingers.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:27am On Jul 01, 2023
Let’s hear from your he woman first grin
Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by kingamaa(m): 11:27am On Jul 01, 2023
W
Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by FunkeAyorinde: 11:27am On Jul 01, 2023
Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by Ishilove: 11:28am On Jul 01, 2023
eyinjuege:
These are not young children, but adults.
Why would the court go against the will though?
The story sounds fishy
I doubt any court will go against the will of the deceased.
These reporters need to go to the courts and find out the true information about the judgement
I agree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by BantuCanon: 11:28am On Jul 01, 2023
Women and power.

A very deadly combination.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by kingamaa(m): 11:29am On Jul 01, 2023
Family wahala
Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by Squirrel1(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2023
That's why I like Islam. The remains of the dead has well ordained sharing formula and there's nothing like any will or something.

12 Likes

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by yahoodetector: 11:31am On Jul 01, 2023
faithfull18:

But it is your gender that is perpetrating the wickedness so rest!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by money121(m): 11:31am On Jul 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by hopexter(m): 11:31am On Jul 01, 2023
faithfull18:

You’re a female but yet you failed to see what your fellow woman did. The late husband willed the house to all his 6 children but she evicted her step children thereby insulting the deceased will. Shouldn’t that bother you?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by baralatie(m): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2023
Polygamous home problems

1 Like

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by baralatie(m): 11:33am On Jul 01, 2023
Squirrel1:
That's why I like Islam. The remains of the dead has well ordained sharing formula and there's nothing like any will or something.

So all the police crime cases in the north about wives killing themselves is what?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by Faiththatworks(m): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2023
It seems some people are programmed just to insult women on this Nairaland platform.
I'm very very sure many of these human bots didn't even read the content before dropping their comments.
They only saw step-mother and evict in the headline and went into their bot mode.
Back to the story, although I believe the step mother was a little too harsh on the step children,but the story says when the last child of the Admiral turns 30,then it reverts back to the step-mother.
It means all the other children of the Admiral are over 30 since the clause is stated clearly that only the last child must be 30 and still be an occupant.
The question now is why are all the adult children of the Admiral still living in their Fathers house.
A 5 bedroom with 4 children means all of them took a room to themselves,and if I'm right even the married ones with kids are still living in that house,I may be wrong with my assumptions but if I'm right then I back the woman.
Let the adults children leave the house and go and rent apartment, they already have a good head start in Nigeria with their fathers name and accomplishment,they should be grateful to their stepmother for jolting them to reality.
No more free house in Abuja,let them go and hustle for their house rent.
But if I'm wrong in my assumptions,I apologize to the family.
God bless Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by Alvin212(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2023
May this

Eviction

Favour me and my wife

Ijn

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by mrvitalis(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2023
faithfull18:
Nigerians like to live in fake hope

The man knew his family were not United he kept the hope that they would be United

Oga do a video will, share your properties simple

4 Likes

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by Sonnobax15(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2023
lipsrsealed
Give a woman power and watch how she'll manipulate even the devil into being an apprentice under her.

8 Likes

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by VenumX: 11:36am On Jul 01, 2023
Only daft animals still belief that polygamy is beneficial to the society in 2023.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by PositiveDirect: 11:38am On Jul 01, 2023
CJStarz:
Why drag something U no go fit use when you die? This woman I'm sure,has plenty property yet this one wey her step children dey manage no gree her close eye sleep. Does she mind how her husband,the father of those children, would feel right now. She had no love or even respect for the man. Let her take the house but shame befall her if she no carry d house go yonder when it's time.

I knew one like that. She was so unkind to the step-children. They all had to find their way. When the man died, not long the woman died too. Guess what? She didn't carry the property to the grave with her. The house is just standing there now unused. Na we dey make things hard for ourselves in this short life we live.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by baralatie(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2023
mrvitalis:

Nigerians like to live in fake hope

The man knew his family were not United he kept the hope that they would be United

Oga do a video will, share your properties simple
Well the court will divide the properties of the man for all involved
That one is sure

3 Likes

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by crossbreedwears(m): 11:41am On Jul 01, 2023
Not everyone has a functioning brain.
hopexter:

You’re a female but yet you failed to see what your fellow woman did. The late husband willed the house to all his 6 children but she evicted her step children thereby insulting the deceased will. Shouldn’t that bother you?

4 Likes

Re: Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House by marlow1962(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2023
Human beings sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? / My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! / Tijani Adigun Adeagbo: My Dad Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.