Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu (9816 Views)

Christian Chukwu: After God, It’s Otedola In My Life / Ned Nwoko Gives Christian Chukwu N5 Million / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by robosky02(m): 9:57am On Jan 17, 2022
NFF doesn’t believe in Nigerian coaches, says Christian Chukwu

Former Super Eagles coach, Christian Chukwu, on Sunday, said the present leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation does not believe in indigenous coaches.

He said this following the 3-1 win against Sudan recorded in the Africa Cup of Nations by the Super Eagles led by Augustine Eguavoen on an interim basis.

“I can assure you that the present Nigeria Football Federation does not believe in Nigerian coaches,” the former player fondly told Channels Television’s Sunday Sports.

Chukwu who won the AFCON in 1980 as captain of the national team said Nigeria needed to follow the path of World Cup-winning teams, stressing that they are handled by their nationals.

This is as he praised Eguavoen, a former Super Eagles defender, for leading Nigeria into the AFCON Round of 16 in Cameroon.

“I am happy with what Eguavoen is doing now. Within a short period Eguaveon was given the job, you can see how he has turned the team around. Nigerian coaches can perform even better than foreign coaches but our federation doesn’t have respect for them,” he noted.

Praising the team, Chukwu expressed the belief that they were going to win the tournament if they continued with their current form.

“Based on what I have seen, I give thanks to Eguavoen. He has turned around the team. We are now playing as the Nigerian Super Eagles. And if they continue this way, we can win the cup at the end of the day.

“You can see the attacking force in the team, unlike when Rohr was there. Our game has changed completely and if they continue like this, I can assure you we will get to the final and, if possible, lift the cup,” he added.
https://punchng.com/nff-doesnt-believe-in-nigerian-coaches-says-christian-chukwu/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by slawormiir: 10:09am On Jan 17, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Make them nor worry

After we don grab the nations cup

Nff mind go dey

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by FalseProphet1(m): 10:10am On Jan 17, 2022
Very true, but that wouldn't stop eguaveon from winning the AFCON.

This I have seen.

5 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by freshkpomo(m): 10:10am On Jan 17, 2022
NFF is more corrupt than PDP and APC Together.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by RichDad1(m): 10:10am On Jan 17, 2022
Sadly.
Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by Omicron007: 10:10am On Jan 17, 2022
The Glass House is a very corrupt federation that depends on foreign coaches contract to cash out.
They sign ambiguous contracts with the foreign coaches and this allows them to have a kick-back.

Most of our local coaches have poor welfare and are being owed salaries and match bonuses.

This is Nigeria for you.

Don't expect much.

43 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by afroniger: 10:10am On Jan 17, 2022
Where is the lie? No matter how accomplished they are, Nigerian coaches are constantly made to have to keep proving themselves. Nigerians (and Africans by extension) just don't believe in their own capabilities. We tend to be too hard on ourselves while giving foreigners a pass and making excuses for their failures.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by robosky02(m): 10:10am On Jan 17, 2022
I believe in competence not the colour of the skin of the coach

Let's go there

amotolongbo, paulolee, ojeemah, fergie001, Omicron007 Totilopussylick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by nograv: 10:10am On Jan 17, 2022
Most Nigerians don't believe in themselves, so of course they will think anyone or anything from abroad is better..

Mtcheww..

9 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by Equiano: 10:11am On Jan 17, 2022
Apt and absolute

5 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by money121(m): 10:12am On Jan 17, 2022
Seen
Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by Authoreety: 10:12am On Jan 17, 2022
Useless mofos

Omicron007:
The Glass House is a very corrupt federation that depends on foreign coaches contract to cash out.
They sign ambiguous contracts with the foreign coaches and this allows them to have a kick-back.

Most of our local coaches have poor welfare and are being owed salaries and match bonuses.

This is Nigeria for you.

Don't expect much.

Bro, u said it all

2 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by Banter1(m): 10:12am On Jan 17, 2022
Sadly they NFF has already appointed a foreign coach.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by Help2020: 10:12am On Jan 17, 2022
That's the truth.. But you're not a good coach oo,so it fine if they don't believe in you.

1 Like

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 17, 2022
nograv:
Most Nigerians don't believe in themselves, so of course they will think anyone or anything from abroad is better..

Mtcheww..

Speak for yourself

4 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by Omicron007: 10:14am On Jan 17, 2022
robosky02:

Let's go there

amotolongbo, paulolee, ojeemah, fergie001, Omicron007 Totilopussylick

True words, Comrade!
Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by Lexusgs430: 10:15am On Jan 17, 2022
Let's hope he gets paid all his entitlements......

1 Like

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by fergie001: 10:17am On Jan 17, 2022
robosky02:

Let's go there.
Do the local coaches believe in themselves?

Again, It's not an NFF problem but a Nigerian one.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:18am On Jan 17, 2022
Me too. I don't believe in Nigerian coaches.
Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by We4all: 10:22am On Jan 17, 2022
My only question is, when is that NFF chairman leaving?

It is only in Africa that a man assumes a public position and becomes a billionaire.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by Emperormartin(m): 10:23am On Jan 17, 2022
Help2020:
That's the truth.. But you're not a good coach oo,so it fine if they don't believe in you.
He won bronze in Afcon 2004 same as what your dear coach Gehnort rohr did in 2019.

Say another thing pls…

13 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by robosky02(m): 10:23am On Jan 17, 2022
Omicron007:

This is Nigeria for you.

Don't expect much.

As at today

We have more than enough Qualified Nigerians that are world class in their capacity to lead Nigeria to the world cup

Emmanuel Amunike

Finidi George

Augustine Egwavon

I mean coaches that know Nigerian pattern of play.....who would have even imaging what Egwavon can do if the opportunity wasn't given him. In less than day

And you can see if it no NFF official is appreciating him....if it was that Portuguese they would have sang his praise.

And I bet you the Portuguese can't do more than this....

15 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by robosky02(m): 10:25am On Jan 17, 2022
fergie001:

Which of them

Because I know....Amunike over believed in himself and is more sound than Rohr and this Portuguese

6 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by Emperormartin(m): 10:26am On Jan 17, 2022
Austin eguaveaon, Christian Chukwu, late Stephen Keshi, Samson Siasia and Emmanuel Amuneke are all better than Paseiro and Gehnort Rohr…

The foreign coaches are only better than Sunday Oliseh

8 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by robosky02(m): 10:27am On Jan 17, 2022
We4all:
My only question is, when is that NFF chairman leaving?

It is only in Africa that a man assumes a public position and becomes a billionaire.

As in ehhh

Somebody is catching out steady...

If not why rush to sign a new contract?

5 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by Omicron007: 10:27am On Jan 17, 2022
robosky02:

As at today

We have more than enough Qualified Nigerians that are world class in their capacity to lead Nigeria to the world cup

Emmanuel Amunike

Finidi George

Augustine Egwavon

I mean coaches that know Nigerian pattern of play.....who would have even imaging what Egwavon can do if the opportunity wasn't given him. In less than day

And you can see if it no NFF official is appreciating him....if it was that Portuguese they would have sang his praise.

And I bet you the Portuguese can't do more than this....

My humble submission is that NFF signed the Portuguese in a rush.
At least, we could have given Eguavoen benefit of doubt at the Nations Cup.
After the natipns cup, then they could have analaysed the situation based on his performance to know if he would continue or not.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by anonimi: 10:29am On Jan 17, 2022
robosky02:
NFF doesn’t believe in Nigerian coaches, says Christian Chukwu

https://punchng.com/nff-doesnt-believe-in-nigerian-coaches-says-christian-chukwu/

How will get their cut of the foreign coach's fees in dollars
Make yousef reason am na. undecided

1 Like

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by robosky02(m): 10:31am On Jan 17, 2022
Omicron007:

My humble submission is that NFF signed the Portuguese in a rush.
At least, we could have given Eguavoen benefit of doubt at the Nations Cup.
After the natipns cup, then they could have analaysed the situation based on his performance to know if he would continue or not.

Abeg tell them tyo cancelled the contract.... No need

What we are looking for is already in our shokoto

Maybe they want to give us that stupid line again

That there is a clues if you sack him we pay bla bla bla..... For person way never work?

6 Likes

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by anonimi: 10:32am On Jan 17, 2022
Banter1:
Sadly they NFF has already appointed a foreign coach.

With a % of his fees going to the NFF bosses and cabal

1 Like

Re: NFF Doesn’t Believe In Nigerian Coaches, Says Christian Chukwu by aribisala0(m): 10:37am On Jan 17, 2022
fergie001:

Keshi believed in himself and delivered He also believed in home based players . The problems exists in your mind.
Ultimately it is still Nigerians that go on the field to play

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? / Today's Free Odds - Join Sure Ultimate Prediction / Lennart Johansson Dies At Age 89

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.