Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,759 members, 7,955,888 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:56 PM

How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others (4823 Views)

Another Facebook Threat By A Biafran ( Screenshot) / Compare Ex IG and Current IG: STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE O WHAT? / London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by hakanai(m): 1:47am On Jun 20, 2011
Home | News | How to tackle bombing, Boko Haram threat, by ex-IG Ehindero, ACN, others
How to tackle bombing, Boko Haram threat, by ex-IG Ehindero, ACN, others
By From Damisi Ojo (Akure) and Nwanosike Onu (Awka) 1 hour ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
ex-IG Ehindero ex-IG Ehindero

President Goodluck Jonathan must urgently tackle the growing Boko Haram threat, bombings and insecurity in the country, former Inspector General of Police Sunday Ehindero and the Action Congress of Nigeria (AC N) advised yesterday.

Former presidential candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau and the Anglican Bishop of Awka diocese in Anambra State, the Rt. Rev. Alexandar Ibezim also spoke on the matter.

But they differ on the approach to the menace.

Ehindero, who spoke at his hometown, Oyin Akoko, Ondo State at the weekend, said the President should take proactive measures, including properly funding the Police, to get to the root of insecurity. He dismissed the suggestion of state police as recommended.

The ex-IG said since crime was being handled with dynamism by criminals, dynamic ways of combating crime should be fashioned be security operatives.

In his view, once suicide bombing becomes regular, it would be difficult for the police to arrest it.

“This is an ugly trend that must be swiftly tackled with all seriousness. That was how terrorism started in the Middle East; it is a trend that must not be allowed.

“Crime all over the world is dynamic and it must be addressed with dynamic ways of curbing crime. Before now, the nation was only experiencing robbery, which later developed into kidnapping and now bomb blast.

“Just like kidnapping became a difficult menace to handle, my fear is that, if not properly checked, bombing may become another phenomenon that will be difficult to combat.”

The former police chief is against state police which, according to him “cannot address the high level of insecurity in the country.” “I don’t think state policing is the solution to crime control; it will further aggravate the situation. Some governors will take undue advantage of state police to harass the public,” Ehindero said, adding: “Decentralising the police will not bring solution to crime; government should rather make the police more efficient and effective through proper funding.

The ACN said the federal government should urgently engage those behind the worsening

Boko Haram-led violence in dialogue, rather than place emphasis on the use of force, as a way of ending the violence.

In a statement in Lagos yesterday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party urged Jonathan to take the lead in engaging the Boko Haram sect, just like the late President Umaru Yar’Adua took charge of the amnesty programme for the Niger Delta militants, instead of leaving it to the Borno State governor.

It also advised the police to talk less and show more tact in dealing with the issue, saying it took only days after the Inspector-General of Police Hafiz Ringim boasted that the days of the sect were numbered, for it to take the battle to the IGP’s doorsteps with the first-ever suicide bombing in Nigeria’s history.

The party urged the government not to be discouraged by the near impossible conditions for dialogue that have been reeled out by Boko Haram sect, saying dialogue will pay off in the end if those involved can stay the course and surmount the obstacles.

‘’Our stand is based on the fact that Boko Haram is a product of politics gone awry, as the former Borno State governor allegedly used the sect to further his political career only to dump it unceremoniously. The cold-blooded killing of its leader by the police was the last straw. This is just like how some governors in the Niger Delta allegedly helped to create the monster of militancy by arming youths for political ends. Thankfully, that militancy has now been largely curtailed through a political solution,’’ ACN said.

The party said Boko Haram has now evolved into a monster because of the dangerous mix of politics, religion, economy and international terrorism (alleged Al-Qaeda connection).

‘’Because of this dangerous mix, this monster cannot be subdued by force. If it were so easy, there would have been no dialogue with the IRA after years of military campaign against it. In any case, Nigeria currently lacks the capacity to use force to crush the Boko Haram sect. How many car parks, hotels or eateries and drinking joints can the police man? It is apparent that a sect that has claimed responsibility for bombings at military barracks as well as the headquarters of the police cannot be intimidated by six APCs, which the police said they have moved to Borno state.

‘’The authorities should also remember that a suicide bomber is an end-gamer who fears nothing, whether it is APCs or military tanks. And a man who has no value for his own life obviously

places no premium on anyone’s life. To worsen matters, the pervasive poverty in the country today, plus the evolving religious fanaticism, is such that there is large pool of willing recruits

for suicide bombing. The bad economy has created many Boko Harams.

‘’Since long years of bad governance have left millions of citizens destitute and hopeless, some are willing to wager their lives for the Utopian life-after, the eternal peace in heaven, being promised their followers by some clerics. In the reasoning of these end-gamers, why not look elsewhere for the better life that has eluded them in this part of the divide?’’ it said.

ACN warned that unless the government acts fast, the current state of insecurity can only harm the country’s image and ruin its economy, as no investors will be willing to come to a country where he or she can be blown up by suicide bombers.

‘’No foreign investor will wait for a travel advisory from his/her government before deciding not to visit a country where security is not guaranteed, where a drink in a pub can fetch one a bomb. This is why all stakeholders must be involved, as we advised in an earlier statement, in the efforts to resolve this Boko Haram crisis. Let the process begin today!’’ the party said.

Shekarau, in a statement by his spokesman Sule Ya’u Sule, described the bombing of the police headquarters as “callous”.

He said the attack should be condemned by all lovers of peace and tolerance.

Shekarau, the immediate past governor of Kano State, said he received the news of the blast and casualty figure with sadness, “because human life is very precious”.

The former governor challenged the police and other security agencies to intensify their vigilance and intelligence gathering.

“With the cooperation from the public, it will be easy to defeat those threatening the security, unity and stability of Nigeria,’’Shekarau said.

He prayed God to grant the souls of the dead repose and the wound quick recovery.

Shekarau urged Nigerians not to give in to fear and called on President Goodluck Jonathan to do everything in his power to ensure that the Boko Haram threat was nipped in the bud.

The Rt. Ibezim has called for the review of the security in the country.
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by aljharem3: 1:52am On Jun 20, 2011
funny isn't it

acn now teachng pdp or should i say jona undecided
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by hakanai(m): 2:11am On Jun 20, 2011
^^^ ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by jmaine: 2:18am On Jun 20, 2011
alj_harem:

funny isn't it

acn now teachng pdp or should i say jona undecided

Security is a collective effort of everyone . . when the bombers place their bombs in public places . .they don't care whether ACN,CPC or PDP sympathizers  are there  . .all they desire is that chaos, carnage and casualties are empirical 
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 2:33am On Jun 20, 2011
jmaine:

Security is a collective effort of everyone . . when the bombers place their bombs in public places . .they don't care whether ACN,CPC or PDP sympathizers are there . .all they desire is that chaos, carnage and casualties are empirical

Of what use is your collective efforts when the clowns charged and empowered with all the security instruments and powers of enforcement are deadly clueless and incompetent?

You are always leaving A to go tangle with B
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by jmaine: 2:44am On Jun 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

Of what use is your collective efforts when the clowns charged and empowered with all the security instruments and powers of enforcement are deadly clueless and incompetent?

You are always leaving A to go tangle with B

Take your stvpidity out of this thread you maggot . . .i warned you that when men are talking, a toddler like you should stay away  . . don't bother bringing your foolish baggage in here . . what a jeck you are, bringing nothing to any discussion than your foolish tantrums . . .  
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 2:55am On Jun 20, 2011
jmaine:

Take your stvpidity out of this thread you maggot . . .i warned you that when men are talking, a toddler like you should stay away  . . don't bother bringing your foolish baggage in here . . what a jeck bringing nothing to a discussions 

lol,  na so the tin pain you reach? Like I said before, I enjoy exposing your elementary faculty and thought process.
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by jmaine: 3:15am On Jun 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol,  na so the tin pain you reach? Like I said before, I enjoy expose your elementary faculty and thought process.

So when did it become a crime for concerned citizens to proffer opinions and advice to people in authority and agencies , as to how better they can tackle a menace that knows no boundary . . and  No party affiliations when it claims it's victims . . .

It's even shameful that you Eko Ile feel you are intelligent and capable of exposing others  shocked shocked  . . . . i pity your sponsors  cry cry . .no wonder forum members feel you need serious  help and i believe them . . 

Now refute the sentence i made that security is a collective efforts of everyone doesn't apply to this case . .

inform us why the above mentioned people in proffering their candid opinions on a serious issue that concerns all was out of place . . and not welcome . . .

Since you constantly go rabid and insane any time the name ACN is being mentioned . .i want you to expose me by linking the above answers to the present state of security in lagos ( especially the emboldened part).

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by ayinba1(f): 3:49am On Jun 20, 2011
^^^on a lighter note, @ your signature,

U don meet angry fowl?
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 5:02am On Jun 20, 2011
jmaine:

So when did it become a crime for concerned citizens to proffer opinions and advice to people in authority and agencies , as to how better they can tackle a menace that knows no boundary . . and  No party affiliations when it claims it's victims . . .

It's even shameful that you Eko Ile feel you are intelligent and capable of exposing others  shocked shocked  . . . . i pity your sponsors  cry cry . .no wonder forum members feel you need serious  help and i believe them . . 

Now refute the sentence i made that security is a collective efforts of everyone doesn't apply to this case . .

inform us why the above mentioned people in proffering their candid opinions on a serious issue that concerns all was out of place . . and not welcome . . .

Since you constantly go rabid and insane any time the name ACN is being mentioned . .i want you to expose me by linking the above answers to the present state of security in lagos ( especially the emboldened part).

Thanks for giving me another opportunity to expose your elementary faculty and thought process.

Before Fashola, Lagos state was crime ridden, but with good leadership, strong will and determination, sense of care and justice, the state government, the local security forces put in place several security measures from policies to Provision Of Security Equipment, to setting up  security trust fund which eventually provided 2 crime fighting helicopters, weapons, armored trucks and ultimately producing the best and the most advanced police command in Nigeria and Lagosians are reaping the benefits of their proactive and visionary security policies.

On the other hand, the folks in Abuja starting from GEJ aka the Commander of the Armed Forces. to his National security adviser, the IG and his commanders are all clueless, they are incompetent, they are vision less and they lack the will and fighting spirit to protect you and yours.

IGs after IGs, presidents after presidents, heads of state after heads, there is still no stated security policies, no strategy, no leadership, it's still the same silly talk and assault on our Collective Intelligence.

The 2 levels of leadership in Lagos and Abuja as stated above clearly depicts the flaws associated with your ill informed and misguided assertions.

Regardless of what you and I do collectively, we can not get any result or meaningful changes if the folks charged to protect us are all incompetent, they lack ideas, they lack the will and credibility to effect any security changes and just like their many preoccupations, stealing and looting is all they care about as displayed buy Tafa Balogun and the same crooked Ehindero in the article.

The folks in Lagos showed great courage and leadership to protect the people of Lagos while the folks in Abuja lack that spirit and will and till they develop that will and spirit to fight on our behalf, we are not going anywhere regardless of your yelling and screaming.

You are free to walk the horse to the river, but forcing the horse to drink is a whole different ball game.
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by 9javoice1(m): 6:49am On Jun 20, 2011
eko ile my sister take it easy. the guy is making a good contribution here. your point about good governance is right but we still have this crimes all the time here in lagos. even todays sunnewsonline have the news of alayes fighting and killing.
my point is we need to seat up and fight this boko haram. any negosiation with them will turn many good nigerian into boko haram like.
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by iragbijile: 6:58am On Jun 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

Thanks for giving me another opportunity to expose your elementary faculty and thought process.

Before Fashola, Lagos state was crime ridden, but with good leadership, strong will and determination, sense of care and justice, the state government, the local security forces put in place several security measures from policies to Provision Of Security Equipment, to setting up  security trust fund which eventually provided 2 crime fighting helicopters, weapons, armored trucks and altimately producing the best and the most advanced police command in Nigeria and Lagosians are reaping the benefits of their proactive and visionary security policies.

On the other hand, the folks in Abuja starting from GEJ aka the Commander of the Armed Forces. to his Nationa security adviser, the ID and his commanders are al clueless, they are incompetent, they are visionless and they lack the will and fighting spirit to protect you and yours. IGs after IGs, presidents after presidents, heads of state after heads, there is still no stated security policies, no strategy, no leadership, it's still the same silly tal ans assault on our Collective Intelligence.

The 2 levels of leadership in Lagos and Abuja as stated above clearly dipicts the flaws associated with your illinformed and misguided assertions.

Regardless of what you and I do collectively, we can not get any result or meaningful changes if the folks charged to protect us are all incompetent, they lack ideas, they lack the will and credibility to effect any security changes and just like their many preoccupations, stealing and looting is all they care about as displayed buy Tafa Balogun and the same crooked Ehindero in the article.

The folks in Lagos showed great courage and leadership to ptotect the people of Lagos while the folks in Abuja lack that spirit and will and till they develope that will and spirit to fight on our behalf, we are not going anywhere regardless of your yelling and screaming.

You are free to walk the horse to the river, but forcing the horse to drink is a whole different ball game.

So, this old fool is still around with his attention seeking ways.

Old fool acting like a little girl. Hope you dont have any kids? I can just imagine how they will turn out. The girls will most likely lead a sluttty way/abokoku with no skills to survive on. And the guys? well, the apple rarely falls far from the tree. Meaning, they will probably end up like their father, doing "baba alaye" for one politician or the other. If they dont end up as armed robbers, that is.

Before Fashola, Lagos state was crime ridden,

So you knew this? Why did it take you so long to say it? Did your Cheque come late last month? Remi Tinubu took Tinubu's dyyck away from you? I know, Hot cougars dont mess with their husbands tool like that. And yes, you are right. Before Fashola, Lagos was a crazy place to live. And you know who was Governor before Fashola? Take a guess?

No, Not GEJ, try again

No, it was not OBJ, try agaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin dumb-dumb,

No, it was not OGD. OGD was in Ogun state. Another try please?

No, not an Ibo man.

No, He is not a Lagosian. He is from Iragbiji in Osun State, like you and I ( Osun agbe wa oooooo. Ako ere oko dele o grin)Another try, ediot?

When did you leave Nigeria? Long time ago. Pele, you must have lost touch with realities on ground. Or maybe you were never on ground, who knows? The internet now gives every dyyyck the opportunity to act as experts on something they know very little about.

Anyway, one more try? Let me give you a hint:

He went to St. Paul Primary School, Eleyoro .         .             . maybe not.

Any clue? .         .         . okay, another hint: He attended University of Chicago, IL. Although, there is no record of him ever stepping foot on the campus of U of C.

Bingooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo grin

You got it right. Wasnt hard right.  Bola Ahmed Tinubu aka Omo Alhaja Aka Ojuyobo aka Jagaban Bornu aka Asiwaju Awon omo ole aka CEO Asiwaju Congress of Nigeria.

It was hell. However, Before Tinubu, Lagos was the safest place to Live in all of Nigeria, and indeed in the world.

This is from CNN. Lagosians talking about Operation Sweep.

Nobody is going to harass you. No more armed robbery. Nobody is going to snatch your car, said one resident who was stopped at a checkpoint.
http://articles.cnn.com/1997-07-01/world/9707_01_nigeria.crime_1_nigerian-police-checkpoints-bandits?_s=PM:WORLD

But your paymaster came, erased Marwa's name from all the public places with his name. He changed Marwa gardens to MKO Gardens. Who asked him to do it? He was petty and irrational to the point that he even removed the name of Marwa’s wife from the place named after her while at the same time busy buying all the Yeyes and Asiwaju Awon Omo Ole titles for his wife and himself.

And yes, I used to live in one of the worst neighborhoods in Lagos, and Operation Sweep, under Marwa, did great. But your paymaster, Tinubu and his thugs took all that away, unfortunately.

Eko Ile:
sense of care and justice, the state government, the local security forces put in place several security measures from policies to Provision Of Security Equipment, to setting up  security trust fund which eventually provided 2 crime fighting helicopters, weapons, armored trucks and altimately producing the best and the most advanced police command in Nigeria and Lagosians are reaping the benefits of their proactive and visionary security policies.

I dont know where you copy this bumper sticker from, but it looks good and your time in traffic hasnt been a waste after all. That said, the security, you are talking about is not under the control of the State Government. Most of the equipments you are talking about were funded by private individuals and companies trying to fulfill their civic duty by acting responsibly.  

EG: "Governor Fashola also during the programme received a cheque of N100Million donated to the State Security Trust Fund by Sterling Bank Plc and presented by the Bank’s Managing Director, Mr Yemi Adeola.

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2008/10/13/20081013N01.html

This is not new in Lagos. It has always been part of Lagos history.  Under Raji Rasaki, Otedola, Oyinlola, Marwa et al, trust funds were created and equipments were procured for the police by private individuals. So this is not Fashola's idea and credit should not be given to him for what is not under his control. The Federal Government should get the credit because they are the ones paying the Police Officers, training them and looking after their welfare. Anything extra is from Private companies and well meaning individuals fulfilling the civic duty.

What Okoya alone has done for Lagos is more than what Fashola and tinubu would ever  be able to do in their lifetime.

According to Governor Fashola who spoke at the open grounds of the Lagos House, Ikeja while receiving several items including two brand new fully equipped Nissan Urvan Ambulance, 11 brand new incubators (English made) and 9 brand new 4X4 Ford Ranger Pick- Up vehicle fully equipped for Police use donated by Chief Rasak Akanni Okoya as part of his 70th birthday celebrations.
http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/index.php?page=news&nid=300

So cut the crap and give honor to those who deserve it. Dont be petty like Tinubu and get your face out of his arse for a second. Common, take a break, and let his wife suck him a lil. Na only you? you no dey tire? Na so the Burantashi dey work so? Gay adofuro osi.

Eko Ile:

On the other hand, the folks in Abuja starting from GEJ aka the Commander of the Armed Forces. to his Nationa security adviser, the ID and his commanders are al clueless, they are incompetent, they are visionless and they lack the will and fighting spirit to protect you and yours. IGs after IGs, presidents after presidents, heads of state after heads, there is still no stated security policies, no strategy, no leadership, it's still the same silly tal ans assault on our Collective Intelligence

They are all incompetent; yet, Fashola and Asiwaju Awon Omo heroine ( Sowore's coinage, not mine)  appointed a former Inspector General of Police Musiliu Smith head of the Lagos State Security council?

http://www.myinfobell.com/politician_fashola.html

You see how you keep shooting yourself in the mouth. Take your mouth off his crotch for a second and think for yourself.
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by jmaine: 8:17am On Jun 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

Before Fashola, Lagos state was crime ridden,

What a suicidal and hilarious beginning  . . Who was the governor before Fashola ? . . which party was in power before Fashola ?  . . . and for your enlightenment and ignorance  . . .the success of the operation sweep crime busting unit during Buba Marwa days have not yet being achieved by any democratic dispensation after him. . . During the operation sweep days,You dare not fight on the streets . .   The area boys also went into hiding only for the idol you worship in Tinubu, resurrecting them again to become a menace in the society . .why won't the state be crime ridden . . .  Maybe you were just too young during Buba Marwa days to appreciate the efforts and efficiency of the operation sweep outfit or you are a deceit who never resided in Lagos claiming to know nothing . .which of the above group do you belong. . .and whose stvpidity is being exposed

Eko Ile:

but with good leadership, strong will and determination, sense of care and justice, the state government, the local security forces put in place several security measures from policies to Provision Of Security Equipment, to setting up  security trust fund which eventually provided 2 crime fighting helicopters, weapons, armored trucks and ultimately producing the best and the most advanced police command in Nigeria and Lagosians are reaping the benefits of their proactive and visionary security policies.

I gave you a bait and you predictably and foolishly ate it as usual . .i told you to relate it to the current state of security in Lagos and you came up with your usual praise singing charade with no clue whatsoever about what you profess to defend . . . To knock some sense into you, the security situation in lagos has deteriorated to an alarming level with armed robberies in neighborhood hitherto being safe havens, now experiencing them on a serial basis and it keeps getting worse by the day . . .  Guess you exposed me again kiddo

Eko Ile:

On the other hand, the folks in Abuja starting from GEJ aka the Commander of the Armed Forces. to his National security adviser, the IG and his commanders are all clueless, they are incompetent, they are vision less and they lack the will and fighting spirit to protect you and yours.

IGs after IGs, presidents after presidents, heads of state after heads, there is still no stated security policies, no strategy, no leadership, it's still the same silly talk and assault on our Collective Intelligence.

With your claims, is it not right to declare that the AD and the ACN leadership in Lagos has failed the people in security woefully despite spending huge sums to that effect . .considering the facts that Buba Marwa operation sweep outfit achieved impressive results with less funds at their disposal  . . .

Eko Ile:

The 2 levels of leadership in Lagos and Abuja as stated above clearly depicts the flaws associated with your ill informed and misguided assertions.

They are both having the same challenge of controlling a multifaceted  cultural society with security to life and properties posing serious headache to the henchmen  . .and i forgot, Lagos is a mini version of Nigeria, shouldn't we be seeing encouraging trends as to that fact . . . . . The bait i laced for you is still choking you up . . .

Eko Ile:

This does not nullify the salient points Ehindero pointed out and i quote below  . . .and if am right, the ACN is not composed entirely of saints either .  .especially with a notorious leader at the helm of her affairs . .so what moral point were you trying to raise again son . .

Ehindero, who spoke at his hometown, Oyin Akoko, Ondo State at the weekend, said the President should take proactive measures, including properly funding the Police, to get to the root of insecurity. He dismissed the suggestion of state police as recommended.

The ex-IG said since crime was being handled with dynamism by criminals, dynamic ways of combating crime should be fashioned be security operatives.

In his view, once suicide bombing becomes regular, it would be difficult for the police to arrest it.

“This is an ugly trend that must be swiftly tackled with all seriousness. That was how terrorism started in the Middle East; it is a trend that must not be allowed.

“Crime all over the world is dynamic and it must be addressed with dynamic ways of curbing crime. Before now, the nation was only experiencing robbery, which later developed into kidnapping and now bomb blast.

“Just like kidnapping became a difficult menace to handle, my fear is that, if not properly checked, bombing may become another phenomenon that will be difficult to combat.”

The former police chief is against state police which, according to him “cannot address the high level of insecurity in the country.” “I don’t think state policing is the solution to crime control; it will further aggravate the situation. Some governors will take undue advantage of state police to harass the public,” Ehindero said, adding: “Decentralising the police will not bring solution to crime; government should rather make the police more efficient and effective through proper funding.

^^
The above points though good are still subject to debate . . .

Eko Ile:

[b]The folks in Lagos showed great courage and leadership to protect the people of Lagos [/b]while the folks in Abuja lack that spirit and will and till they develop that will and spirit to fight on our behalf, we are not going anywhere regardless of your yelling and screaming.

Repeating yourself over again does not equate to raising points . . . . Your huff and puff ACN defense mechanism is bloated with ignorance and deceit . .You are one individual on this land that has been frequently exposed as someone who knows nothing of whatever he tries to defend  . . .No wonder you resort to insults and abuses as a facade to not owning and eating up your lies,deceit and sheer ignorance  . . . maybe you might want to show how daft you are by posting your silly pictures to prove to us that security to life and property in Lagos is currently in a good state of health.

Eko Ile:

[size=18pt]
Who was exposed babamaggot ? [/size]

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by jmaine: 8:29am On Jun 20, 2011
ayinba1:

^^^on a lighter note, @ your signature,

U don meet angry fowl?

That fowl annoyance go only lead to dented and broken beak . . and that is suicidal  grin grin
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 9:03am On Jun 20, 2011
^^^^^^

lmao. Look at this shameless coward. Why create another ID just to spew the same dum.b rubbish all over again?

Well, it doesn't matter how many IDs you accumulate, I'll keep exposing your dum.bness and idiotic ways.

I'll step over your insane and comedic routine and deal with your lies.

And yes, I used to live in one of the worst neighborhoods in Lagos, and Operation Sweep, under Marwa, did great. But your paymaster, Tinubu and his thugs took all that away, unfortunately.

Olodo, the fact that Rome was not built in a day doesn't mean Rome is the most beautiful place in the world or Rome is the safest place in the world. It is a well known fact that some of the relics of military dictatorships is lawlessness and crime waves, the same crime waves that led Tinubu and Fashola's safe city project.

It is sad and shameful that your example of good leadership in this day and age is a regressive military dictatorship that dragged Lagos state back for decades, the same military dictatorship that denied us metro rail way back on the 80s, the same military dictatorship that didn't do anything for Lagos state in terms of new infrastructures or even maintenance of old infrastructures.

Marwa and the rest of his military despot did nothing for Lagos, his security achievements was bogus, it was nothing but another silly military propaganda that Lagosians had to deal with years after his exit with tons of the state's money, the same money he funded his airline business with. Lagosians experienced their darkest days under the many military dictatorships they were subjected to.

Again, shame on you.

I dont know where you copy this bumper sticker from, but it looks good and your time in traffic hasnt been a waste after all. That said, the security, you are talking about is not under the control of the State Government. Most of the equipments you are talking about were funded by private individuals and companies trying to fulfill their civic duty by acting responsibly.

See how you keep fighting against yourself?

The trust fund is clearly under the Lagos state government, it's their initiative on behalf of the people of Lagos state.

The point made was the fact that the state leadership because of their strong will and determination to stop crime in Lagos and willingness to fight on behalf of the people of Lagos came up with the Idea, something the folks in Abuja lack and will never do. But, you are foolishly arguing about who is funding and not funding the trust fund. What's that got to do with fighting crime?  Does it matter under who as long as the law enforcement people have everything they need to fight crime?

How dum.b and idiotic can you be?

What's all that nonsense got to do with anything? The fact is the folks we elected and charged to take care of us did the right thing by coming up with a great solution to protect us as I clearly asserted so why are you killing yourself with hate and ignorance.?

Obviously, the only thing guiding people like you is is hate and ignorance, not common sense and knowledge or any kind of believe in other people to do good.

This is not new in Lagos. It has always been part of Lagos history.  Under Raji Rasaki, Otedola, Oyinlola, Marwa et al, trust funds were created and equipments were procured for the police by private individuals. So this is not Fashola's idea and credit should not be given to him for what is not under his control. The Federal Government should get the credit because they are the ones paying the Police Officers, training them and looking after their welfare. Anything extra is from Private companies and well meaning individuals fulfilling the civic duty.

I hate liars I swear. Why do you spew lies and rubbish that you can not back up with facts? Show us the trust fund created by the people you mentioned or eat your lies.

What is the federal government paying for?

Guns without bullet?

Broken down patrol cars without petrol

Invisible communication gears?

Lousy pay and check point police?

The Lagos state police command is the most sophisticated command in Nigeria, way better than what they have in Abuja and that's because the Lagos state government made it a priority to fund and equip all the way.

Who bough and installed 10,1000 security cameras in Lagos

Who bought 1000 BMW power bikes for the state police command?

Who bought armored personnel carrier  for the sate police command?

Who bought hundreds of patrol cars for the sate police command ?

And the point is still the Idea, not who is funding or the other meaningless rubbish your are hating on  all over the place. the point is, some people have vision and they came up with great ideas to stop crime, it is their idea and you can not take that away from them. I wish many state's in Nigeria have similar ideas, but unfortunately no.

I really don't know what to say about Okoya did more for Lagos state than the governors of Lagos state. Obviously, your ignorance exceeds your ability to decipher the day to day responsibilities of Lagos state governors.

One of the things I love about my state is Rich and well to do Lagosians giving back to the community and Okoya like many rich Lagosians are stepping up. But only a dum/b Bottom like you equates a token gestures with crime fighting and rescue helicopters, 1,000 BMW bikes APCs, guns and amo, patrol boats, latest communication gears and sophisticated command HQ,

I keep telling you, stick to trolling, that;s your main specialty and we  know you for.

Lagos Donates Ten Power Bikes to Police

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 9:05am On Jun 20, 2011
Fashola Hands Over Additional 10 Armoured Personnel Carriers To State Police Command.

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 9:11am On Jun 20, 2011
Fashola Hands Over 114 New Patrol Vehicles Donated To The Police By Lagos LGs

Fashola Hands Over 114 New Patrol Vehicles Donated To The Police By Lagos LGs

Oct 3, 2009 - Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Saturday handed over 114 brand new security vans donated by the 57 Local Government Councils and Development Areas to the State Police Command with a charge that the Police should ensure that the new vehicles and the new Police uniform become a beacon of safety and friendliness to the people.

According to Governor Fashola who spoke at the Lagos House, Ikeja Car Park, venue of the hand over, the men of the Nigerian Police must ensure that rather than becoming instruments of terror, the new vehicles should evoke a feeling of reassurance in the people that the Police is their friend.

He added that it is possible for the security agents to indeed enforce the law in a polite and civil manner without resorting to brutalizing the citizens whom they are expected to protect.

Governor Fashola declared: “I want you to ensure that your new uniforms and new patrol vehicles do not become symbol of oppression of the people but people that can be trusted”.

While reiterating his call for State Police, Governor Fashola said Policing is a municipal responsibility, adding that for as long as they remain municipal, it is the Local Governments, municipal and State Governments that are best suited to responding to the challenges.

He wondered why outfits like the State Fire Services, State legislature and State High Courts exist constitutionally while a State Police is not allowed to function.

Governor Fashola explained that the administration of justice and its wheel will not turn until all Nigerians have the courage to sign on and let State Police stand and be created alongside Federal Police, saying that is the only way it can work.

He affirmed that while some people contend that crime busting is a very expensive business, they have failed to come to terms with the fact that irrespective of the cost of ensuring crime prevention, a human life that is lost to crime cannot be regained at any cost.

He promised that as the ember months approach, it is the resolve of the present administration in Lagos to make crime a very unprofitable business to its practitioners such that it will make the city habitable to all peace loving people.

The Lagos State Governor commended the members of the State Security Council for the great work they are doing in the State in ridding it of criminal elements and also acknowledged the valiant efforts of the State Police Command in the battle.

Governor Fashola said Lagos deserves not less than 100 Local Governments, adding that the fact that 114 vans are being handed over at the event is an eloquent testimony to the fact that the decision to create the 57 was a just one.

Speaking earlier, the State Police Commissioner, Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo said the handing over ceremony is an expression of the profound determination of Lagos State and its Local Governments to ensure a crime free Lagos.

He added that the handing over is an example of Community Policing in action, declaring that there is no more hiding place for criminals in Lagos State.

Mr. Akpoyibo directed that the patrol vehicles are meant for patrolling every nook and cranny of the State and would be used specifically by the Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) for patrolling.

He also promised to ensure that the new vehicles are reasonably and judiciously utilized at all times by the crime formations that they would be allocated to.

In his welcome address, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters, Prince Rotimi Agunsoye said the launching and distribution of a total of 114security vehicles would complement and boost the State Government’s continuous efforts at providing security for the people of the State.

Prince Agunsoye explained that it is the belief of Local Governments and Local Council Development Areas in the State that the provision of security is capital intensive and that the State should not be left alone to bear the cost.

Also speaking, the Chairman of the Conference of 57 Local Government Councils and Chairman of Ojodu Local Council Development Area, Mr. James Faleke commended the magnanimity of Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) in inviting the Local Government Chairmen to be partners in ensuring security in the State and also approving procurement of the vehicles by the LGAs and LCDAs.

He said the Local Governments are donating 114 vans and 10 Personnel Armoured Carriers (APC) to the Police as part of efforts to support the security initiative of the State Government.

He promised that the councils would also fund the provision of communication gadgets in all the vans and urged the Police personnel that would make use of the vehicles to make its maintenance uppermost.

Governor Fashola later handed over keys of the new vans to the Commissioner of Police, Mr Marvel Akpoyibo who was flanked by the Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) Zone 2, Mr Mohammed Abubakar.

Prominent among those who attended the ceremony were Deputy Governor, Princess Sarah Adebisi Sosan, members of the State Executive Council, Chairmen of the 57 Local Government Councils and Development Areas in the State, traditional rulers like Aholu Menutoyi 1 of Badagry, Police Area Commanders, Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) and many dignitaries.

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 9:16am On Jun 20, 2011
LASG Hands Over 100 Patrol Vehicles, 50 Motorcycles To State Security Trust Fund

LASG Hands Over 100 Patrol Vehicles, 50 Motorcycles To State Security Trust Fund
• "Security is the platform upon which we build the prosperity of our State", says Fashola

Jan 31, 2011 - Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Monday handed over 100 patrol vehicles and 50 security motorcycles to the State's Security Trust Fund with a commitment that security would remain a platform upon which his administration would build the prosperity of the State.

Governor Fashola, in his remarks at the handover ceremony at the open grounds of the Lagos House, Alausa, said his administration would continue to invest in resources that would ensure that criminals and lawless people would not find a place in the State.

"Government", Governor Fashola declared, "will commit and continue to invest in resources that will demonstrate that we will not abdicate our State to criminals and lawless people. We will demonstrate by our investment, as we have done today, that people's taxes will work to save their lives; that people's taxes will work to provide an environment where they can do business, where their children can choose to live, work and play"

"We will provide an enabling environment where investment will continue, as it has done, to come into Lagos", the Governor said, disclosing that just last week, a big research and data management company bought into a local company in the State heralding new job opportunities for the citizens.

Noting that crime is a business, Governor Fashola declared, "No individual, no organization has the resources that Government has and if Government continues to commit resources, as we do, to out-spend, to outrun and out think criminals, our State will be safe".

Governor Fashola, who described Lagos State as safe on all fronts, however, declared, "But the road to this destination has been challenging and I must also thank the members of the Organized Private Sector, individuals and chairmen of our various Local Governments and Local Council Development Areas CEO of banks, members and leaders of Diplomatic Mission who have chosen, of their own free will , by eminent, rational and developmental thinking, to support the idea of the Lagos Security Trust Fund".

He also thanked the Lagos State House of Assembly for what he described as "their ground-breaking and novel contribution by promptly receiving the idea of that bill and what it portended at the time for Lagos and expeditiously passed it into law", adding, "That partnership has helped us a great deal to achieve what we have achieved".

Going back the memory lane, Governor Fashola recalled, "When we started with few vehicles, not many people took us seriously. We moved from there to street signs because we realized that now that we have the capacity, how the policeman gets to places of distress; there were no street signs in Lagos and we ensured that every street in Lagos was identified, renamed and properly named to provide direction for policemen and women to get to points of distress".

Other innovations brought into the security initiative of the Government, Governor Fashola said, included the 767, 112, Emergency three-digit toll-free lines to enable distressed people call the police or ambulance or Fire Service, as the case may be, for help and the lighting of streets in Lagos to aid security agents in their job at nights.

Pointing out that the Government has also invested in speed boats to protect the State on water and in helicopters to secure the State in the air, Governor Fashola declared, "That is what we have done with tax-payers' money in almost four years. In spite of the hues and cries, I say this State is safe on land, on water and in the air".

The Governor commended officers and men of the Nigeria Police Force, especially the Rapid Response Squad, for their efforts in making the State safe adding, "We have been able to demonstrate that there is nothing wrong with us as a people; that if the resources are there and the men are there and the commitment is also there, that it is possible really to change what we do not accept".

The Governor, however, advised the policemen not to use the equipment and resources provided for them to terrorize and brutalize the citizens who, according to him, "pay your salaries and provide the money for the equipment which you use".

He also advised the citizenry to cultivate and treat police officers with respect and dignity by showing them love and appreciation for the job they do. This they could do by extending kindness to them through presentation of gifts such as food items during festivities and other means.

In his remarks earlier, the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo, thanked Governor Fashola for providing the Police the required equipment and resources to realize the security goals of the State adding, "When I assumed office as Commissioner of Police of Lagos State, I made my mission Statement of Zero Tolerance for crime but there is no way I would have achieved that mission without equipment. We assure you that we will continue to try our best".

Also in his remarks, Chairman Board of Trustees of the Trust Fund, Chief Remi Makanjuola, thanked Governor Fashola for the donation recalling that when he went to the Governor to request for more vehicles, he said there were already 200 vehicles purchased for that purpose. "That shows that he is a proactive person who thinks far ahead of what we also think", the Chairman said.

Earlier, in his welcome remarks, the Executive Secretary of the Fund, Mr. Fola Arthur-Worrey, said the significance of what Governor Fashola was doing as regards the security of the State since he took office as Governor indicates the need for political leaders in the country to take charge of certain aspects of the peoples' lives as the only way to find permanent solution to the issues.

Recalling that the Government has invested and is still investing much on security in the State, the Executive Secretary declared, "After three and a half years of this administration, the Lagos State Security Trust Fund, representing the partnership between the State Government, the Private Sector and the Civil Society, is the most viable Public Private Partnership in Nigeria today".

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 9:19am On Jun 20, 2011

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2011
Fashola Commends RRS Men, Urges LASTMA, KAI Officials To Show Courtesy

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 9:28am On Jun 20, 2011
Lagos Demonstrates Operation Of State Wide Security Camera

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by pokur: 9:41am On Jun 20, 2011
I sure hope you guys are done with your silliness.Back to topic,the ACN proffered solution is the best in this circumstance.Empty boasts n use of force will accomplish nothing since boko haram will only meet force with force.Some peopl's heads at our security organisations and the presidency ought to have known this.Its refreshing to have them being taught how to do their job by an party in opposition.
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 9:42am On Jun 20, 2011

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 9:43am On Jun 20, 2011

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 9:45am On Jun 20, 2011

Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by jmaine: 9:51am On Jun 20, 2011
Amazing display of predictable stvpidity from babamaggot  sad sad . .  your haze of aberrant daftness and folly is indeed astronomical . .  A troll branding others a troll akin to an insane man who calls others insane just because his deranged mind tells him so. .keep posting your silly pictures with no relevance and usefulness to this thread and the facts being placed for you to address . . 

Continue indulging in your profound display of mental retardation while we all watch you at it . . .
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 9:59am On Jun 20, 2011
jmaine:

Amazing display of stvpidity by babamaggot  sad sad . .  your haze of aberrant daftness and folly is astronomical . .  A troll branding others a troll akin to an insane man who calls others insane just because his deranged mind tells him so. .keep posting your silly pictures with no relevance to this thread . . 

E dey pain you?

Pictures don't lie.

Unlike you lying clowns, I back my assertions with real life pictures and facts while all you people do is talk talk rubbish and lie.

Security is not always about mouth and talk talk, you put you money and energy where your mouth is.

Your leaders are begging, seeking and camping out at Fashola's doorstep a reason.

Your president is yet to show the same level dedication and willingness to fight crime the way Fashola is doing in Lagos
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by jmaine: 10:08am On Jun 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

E dey pain you?

Pictures don't lie.

Next time, stay out of  harms way if you have nothing tangible to address,add or say to any discussion/thread . . . break those rules at your own peril with me . . and BTW . . . You no get knew pisures, as those posted are stale already . . we need to increase our archive with your PR somersaults. 
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 10:12am On Jun 20, 2011
jmaine:

Next time, stay out of harms way if you have nothing tangible to address,add or say to any discussion/thread . . . break those rules at your own peril with me . . and BTW . . . You no get knew pisures, as those posted are stale already . . we need to increase our archive with your PR somersaults

Instead of boring me with your usual rubbish, why don't you show me where your incompetent president or any other public official in Nigeria is showing the same level dedication and willingness to fight crime the way Fashola is doing in Lagos.

Do that or keep quiet when I talk.
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by jmaine: 10:17am On Jun 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

Instead of boring me with your usual rubbish, why don't you show me where your incompetent president or any other public official in Nigeria is showing the same level dedication and willingness to fight crime the way Fashola is doing in Lagos.

accenting to your  twisted mindset would only place me in the same stead with a midget  like you . .why should i allow myself to be infected by that terminal illness of foolishness killing you softly . .Since you had nothing to offer on this thread as usual and as predicted . . i would allow IragbijIle to host you, while i take my usual leave with no desire to always have a silly last post
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by Geniro: 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2011
Destruction and annihilation of eko-ile  cheesy cheesy, i knew he had an empty brain box not better than a goats own .
Re: How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others by EkoIle1: 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2011
jmaine:

accenting to your  twisted mindset would only place me in the same stead with a midget  like you . .why should i allow myself to be infected by that terminal illness of foolishness killing you softly . .Since you had nothing to offer on this thread as usual and as predicted . . i would allow IragbijIle to host you, while i take my usual leave with no desire to always have a silly last post

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exposed! Governor Peter Obi Is A Fraud. / Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure / 1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated” Obasanjo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.