Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,128 members, 7,829,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do (2230 Views)

How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You / Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) / How Do I Apologize To My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by graceama: 8:05am On Jan 18, 2022
Good morning Nl

Please i will like to know the best way to make a spouse that hardly admit/apologize for his wrong doings, to do so without it resulting to arguments.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by alphaNomega: 8:09am On Jan 18, 2022
What do you need an apology for?

When it is obvious your husband/bf is wrong, you should move forward with other important things for the day.

What good would an apology bring if not unnecessary drama
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by chatinent: 8:10am On Jan 18, 2022
If you yourself are not always trying to be too always right, try talk it out with the person.
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by graceama: 8:14am On Jan 18, 2022
chatinent:
If you yourself are not always trying to be too always right, try talk it out with the person.

Please what if in the process of trying to talk it out with the person, he refuses to accept,what else will you suggest so arguments will not arise
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by graceama: 8:16am On Jan 18, 2022
alphaNomega:

When it is obvious your husband/bf is wrong, you should move forward with other important things for the day.

Alright
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by chatinent: 8:23am On Jan 18, 2022
graceama:

Please what if in the process of trying to talk it out with the person, he refuses to accept,what else will you suggest so arguments will not arise

Don't force anyone to change.

Just change the habit of always trying to force them.

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by graceama: 8:25am On Jan 18, 2022
chatinent:

Don't force anyone to change.

Just change the habit of always trying to force them.

Alright. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by mardis: 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
If you no follow pastor argue you no go tey for church. Just give the 'you're right' mantle when argument is about to occur and move.

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 12:28am On Jan 19, 2022
graceama:
Good morning Nl

Please i will like to know the best way to make a spouse that hardly admit/apologize for his wrong doings, to do so without it resulting to arguments.

Thanks
Wow.... there really isn't a best way since such a one is likely to continue to refuse even in the face of wisdom. undecided

If you are already married to this person, what I could suggest is you tell the person his wrong in a nice way ' everytime. Text it, if you must so he at least has a log of his hurts against you to go back through. Should you ever need to seek out the help of a marriage counselor in the future, you two will at least have a list to work through. undecided
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by graceama: 7:41am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Wow.... there really isn't a best way since such a one is likely to continue to refuse even in the face of wisdom. undecided

If you are already married to this person, what I could suggest is you tell the person his wrong in a nice way ' everytime. Text it, if you must so he at least has a log of his hurts against you to go back through. Should you ever need to seek out the help of a marriage counselor in the future, you two will at least have a list to work through. undecided

Alright. Thanks
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by socialmediaman: 8:03am On Jan 19, 2022
graceama:
Good morning Nl

Thanks

For some people in Nigeria, especially men I think, admitting wrongdoing/apologizing to their spouse is just a no no, their ego won’t let them. They’ll rather you understand that they can’t do it, than actually do it. Some people even think it’s a sign of weakness

I’ll suggest you talk to them about it, make them understand that it matters to you, and that you also understand that it’s a difficult thing for them to say. When they say It, acknowledge it when the tension is down if you can. If they care how you feel, they’ll try… if they care more about their ego, they won’t and you keep pushing gently until one of you gets tired of fighting

Also, don’t expect them to apologize in every single situation, admitting wrongdoing without necessarily apologizing is enough to calm the situation sometimes, especially coming from their rigid perspective
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by pocohantas(f): 10:19am On Jan 19, 2022
socialmediaman:

For some people in Nigeria, especially men I think, admitting wrongdoing/apologizing to their spouse is just a no no, their ego won’t let them. They’ll rather you understand that they can’t do it, than actually do it. Some people even think it’s a sign of weakness

Also, don’t expect them to apologize in every single situation, admitting wrongdoing without necessarily apologizing is enough to calm the situation sometimes, especially coming from their rigid perspective

It is so annoying. It is either they don’t apologize or they apologize and repeat the same thing the next day. Turn you into a talkative, twist the whole situation, try to emotionally blackmail you and end up the victim. Gosh!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ishilove: 5:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:

This doesn't always work. In short, that is when the whole issue escalates
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ishilove: 5:47pm On Jan 19, 2022
socialmediaman:

I’ll suggest you talk to them about it, make them understand that it matters to you, and that you also understand that it’s a difficult thing for them to say. When they say It, acknowledge it when the tension is down if you can. If they care how you feel, they’ll try… if they care more about their ego, they won’t and you keep pushing gently until one of you gets tired of fighting

Do this and he calls you a nag.
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by pocohantas(f): 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ishilove:

Honestly you know them! When they are talking, it is logic. When you talk, it is nagging. A grown adult would choose to do the wrong thing and expects you to take it calmly.

4 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hmm
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by socialmediaman: 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ishilove:

Probably, that’s why it’s called marriage. They have a lifetime to figure it out, if they’re lucky to last that long. I see "happy" couples in their 60s and 70s still fighting about how she talks to him and Vice versa
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ishilove: 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
pocohantas:

It is so annoying. It is either they don’t apologize or they apologize and repeat the same thing the next day. Turn you into a talkative, twist the whole situation, try to emotionally blackmail you and end up the victim. Gosh!
As in ehn. Super annoying
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ishilove:
This doesn't always work. In short, that is when the whole issue escalates
My suggestion isn't meant to appease the one with the ginormous ego in the relationship. It is instead meant to help assuage the other partner's guilt. And maybe also serve as a way of collecting vital evidence necessary for making some hard choices in the future. grin
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ishilove: 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Honestly you know them! When they are talking, it is logic. When you talk, it is nagging. A grown adult would choose to do the wrong thing and expects you to take it calmly.
If you want peace, you have to suck it up and it is so annoying.
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ishilove: 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
My suggestion isn't meant to appease the one with the ginormous ego in the relationship. It is instead meant to help assuage the other partner's guilt. And maybe also serve as a way of collecting vital evidence necessary for making some hard choices in the future. grin
I get your point. However, that is when he will tell you that you complain and nag endlessly and he will use those texts as evidence against you.

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by pocohantas(f): 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ishilove:

If you want peace, you have to suck it up and it is so annoying.

I am not sucking anything up. His peace isn’t my own peace. I won’t give up my peace because an adult has decided to keep doing the wrong thing.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 6:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ishilove:
I get your point. However, that is when he will tell you that you complain and nag endlessly and he will use those texts as evidence against you.
I think it is inevitable in such a relationship. Bottling up all that hurt without mentioning it at most once might result in serious mental damage, so it is at least a good idea to each each grievance at least once either verbally or by text. undecided

Given that the text would only contain just one entry per wrong committed, it will in fact serve as evidence against the egomaniac in the relationship as instead become a tally of the wrongs for which he/she failed to apologize for during the course of the relationship. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ishilove: 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
pocohantas:

I am not sucking anything up. His peace isn’t my own peace. I won’t give up my peace because an adult has decided to keep doing the wrong thing.
In marriage, you stoop to conquer.

Na wetin the elders talk
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
alphaNomega:

An apology is very important it shows sincerity and accepting one's mistake.

Every human being should learn to make corrections and apologise when they are wrong.

If I have been wronged by someone I will not move forward and pretend like nothing happened I will let you know your offence and you should be adult enough to accept your mistakes and apologise for them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by graceama: 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
socialmediaman:

Thanks very much
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
graceama:
Good morning Nl

Thanks

Table out your grievance to him if he doesn't know how to admit his wrongs and be corrected it is either you adjust to it or keep pushing on or offend him too and see if he will need an apology.

Sometimes people don't know how to be human until it is done to them too maybe then he will take it serious and learn to apologise.

Why do people find it hard to apologise it is just basic human decency.

6 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by graceama: 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
pocohantas:

You perfectly understand the situation. Atimes it makes you to question your sanity embarassed
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by descarado: 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
graceama:

You perfectly understand the situation. Atimes it makes you to question your sanity embarassed
Don't keep mute. You will snap one day or you will start throwing out negative vibes without knowing it. This may make you transfer the aggression to househelp or somebody you have power over.

If it means nagging, nag.
Make him apologise. Don't start what you won't continue cos time will come when this will create a very big hole in your relationship.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
descarado:

Don't keep mute. You will snap one day or you will start throwing out negative vibes without knowing it. This may make you transfer the aggression to househelp or somebody you have power over.

Make him apologise. Don't start what you won't continue cos time will come when this will create a very big hole in your relationship.

Spot on.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ishilove: 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
descarado:

Wise words.
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by pocohantas(f): 7:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
graceama:

Very manipulative set. I know them well. undecided

Ishilove:

In marriage, you stoop to conquer.

Na wetin the elders talk

No Ishi, not on this one. Trust me it makes you toxic and embittered. The only time a woman stops talking is when she has given up on the man. It is either she is seeking to replace him or she has decided to make him as dormant as he wants to be. So don’t stoop on this one.

cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Can A Lizard Survive Without Food / Divorce Settlement In Nigeria. Your Opinion.. / The Billings Method of Family Planning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.