Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,681 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions (24317 Views)

Abayomi Segun Oluwasesan: How I Hacked Afriq Arbitrage System, Stole Billions / How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira / Digital Investment Limited Crashes In Lagos After Duping People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by lalasticlala(m): 8:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
In April 2021, Arisekola, an entrepreneur, invested the sum of N2 million in Plethora Farms, a high-tech agricultural company, hoping his money would grow exceedingly within nine months.

Arisekola told FIJ he heard about Plethora Farms from an acquaintance who spoke so well of the company. He said that Segun Fayomi, the company’s founder, promised him attractive advantages such as a 30 percent return on investment.

Convinced by the model Plethora Farms operated, Arisekola invested one million naira in a maize farm expected to mature in seven months and another one million naira in maize with a nine-month maturation period.

Proof of Maize Investment Subscription
However, when it was time to get his investment, Plethora Farms did not keep the promises made to him before he joined the company. And when Arisekola reached out to them for his money, they ignored him.

“These guys have just been playing games, claiming the company’s bank account was blocked,” he told FIJ. “I would send a series of emails before they responded to me with anything concrete. They feel we cannot do anything. These stories are wrong.”

Arisekola also explained that when all the attempts he made to reach the company via their email were unsuccessful, he decided to complain on social media platforms, but he noticed the admin of Plethora Farms would always delete negative comments on their pages.

“I have commented at least twice on Instagram regarding my money, but they deleted them. They censor their pages,” he said.

Similarly, Olufunke, a teacher, told FIJ that Plethora Farms disappeared when it was time to pay her. She said she invested N600,000 in a maize plantation programme in April 2021 and was supposed to be paid in December.

“In December, they began to lie when they were supposed to pay. I came to the realisation that I was defrauded by them because they were unusually silent. I always had to beg them before they would communicate their issues to me,” she said.

“And most of the time, they would always say they had issues with payment. I now always have to reach out to Plethora Farms via a friend of mine who knows the CEO directly.”

She said the company would not carry their customers along. She also said the company hardly sent emails after defaulting on payment.

FIJ made several calls to Fayomi, but they were not answered. At press time, he had also not responded to a text sent to him.

https://fij.ng/article/after-promising-a-fortune-segun-fayomi-of-plethora-farms-robs-investors-of-millions/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Kingpee2(m): 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2022
Normal thing ,this isn’t strange to me anymore ,ole ni every body .Nigerians don’t learn from their past,always looking for short cuts to make money ...MMM thought so many of them lessons but instead they just go with some motivational quotes thats states if you don’t risk somethings...I don’t risk obvious foolishness that comes with greed,call me whatever name you like ....

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by berryace007: 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2022
Omo this one get as e be o

1 Like

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by peterd53(m): 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mba!!! Chai

2 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by michealdeco: 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2022
All these Po.nzi schemes posing as Digital Agro
It's well

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Tokskob2008: 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2022
Investment fraud plenty for this country right now...

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by flexyrule(m): 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2022
Another ponzi gone bad.

People would start business, they won't even allow the business to grow or start making profits, they'll start buying houses and living lavishly ontop investor's funds.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by JohnBullMySon: 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2022
Agtech companies are just crumbling like ponzi. First was ThriveAgric then this.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by LogicBomb8: 8:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
INVESTOR!!

1 Like

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Omihanifa: 8:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
K
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by masseratti: 8:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
30% roi on agricultural investments is impossible, why are this guys this way for God's sake.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by money121(m): 8:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Milan79: 8:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
This is bad .cone heads have shifted from skull mining to fraud and yahoo.
Spits

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by money121(m): 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by ecomalchemist(m): 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
Seems agritech startups are fraudulent schemes these days, wo...make I use my money drink trophy , eat goat meat.

Na who get money dey invest !

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Obanaijacom: 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
why
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by SincereBigot: 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
i dont understand why some Nigerians feel someone will be working for them and giving them return on investment

why cant he plant the corn for himself and make all the profit? ok so you will be at your house sleeping and you expect a nigerian to be trading forex for you or planting corn for you or rearing goats for you just to give you return on investments? as per say na ur papa abi

if you understand economics you need to ask questions like'; after all the factors of productions of these farm produce, when is he going to break even? when will the real profits start coming ?

una go soon learn

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Aycol1(m): 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
You guys will never learn… If he can get 30% ROI, why didn’t he approach a bank for loan…

Your money is gone bro

Advice is - If you get agbero for hand, enter the place and carry anything worth the value of your money shogbo

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Omo9ja147(m): 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mehn.... See scamming method

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Mrkumareze(m): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
Smiles, Nigerians and quick money syndrome.. there's no easy means to make money, even yahoo no easy... Stop all dis investment promising high returns, its not possible here..

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by ecomalchemist(m): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Agtech companies are just crumbling like ponzi. First was ThriveAgric then this.

wow, I haven't heard from farmcrowdy in while too.

Seems most of the agritech startups are fraudulent schemes in disguise, better safe than sorry.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by ERockson: 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
Run away from digital farmers, they are fraudsters. Real farmers don't make such money They promise you but you won't listen.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by gurunlocker: 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
Another form of MMM.... Na greedy people dey fall for this sha.

They will always find gullible Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Skillsnigeria: 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2022
grin
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Richie77: 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
See cash out. Maybe fulani cows ate the maize farm up before maturation.

11 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by free2ryhme: 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Kingosytex(m): 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
This one don cash out undecided
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by FreeStuffsNG: 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ponzi kills, Kill Ponzi today cool
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Cholls(m): 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
My brother some people get mind to rob sha

1 Like

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Nigerians...... WATCH carefully

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Guyman02: 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
People continue to fall for this easy scam.
What they do is to acquire a single farm land, plant rice or corn or fish and poultry worth for example N10m, they show their mumu subscribers this one farm and tell them that they have something similar in Kafanchan, Kebbi, Shiroro etc with beautiful pictures in their website and brochures.
They will use this single farm valued at N10M to get N500M from 'investors' who will be paid huge interest by Ponzi scheme from the monies of the new entrants until the bubble will burst when the Ponzi reaches its peak.
The farm will quickly be sold to a buyer with all the documents and everyone disappears only to return with a new name in another location but if the money fleeced is huge they relocate to abroad with their families.

There's a woman called Famzi in Abuja who ran the same scheme, people trusted her so much because of her packaging of constantly wearing hijab and presenting herself as pious Muslim and she raised up to N2B.
Brekete radio owner Ahmed Isah has been trying to help people recover their capital investment for the past 2 years but whosai!

37 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Everything To Know About Jumia Black Friday [jumia Awoof] / Dollar To Naira Black Market Exchange Rate Today 5/11/2023 / Central Bank Of Ghana Issues Fraud Alert On MMM Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.