Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree (12537 Views)

Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree / Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job / How To Build A Successful Career As A Data Scientist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Promise47(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2022
Hello Nairaland
Good morning to everyone.

My name is Promise I'm in my mid 20s. currently I have graduated but still having some outstanding courses (full session) .

I graduated from one of the state university.

My problem is that I'm an Amateur boxer (Paramount king boxing) Lagos and still need to clear my courses before I can take my results. Things haven't been going well with me, the people training me in boxing has told me to choose between my Career in boxing and the school I'm going ( because it's really affecting me I can't go to training anymore) .

I don't know what to do should I just leave this degree and focus on my boxing career ( may be I may travel abroad when opportunity comes) or should I finish my school because this degree has been drawing me back ward(since 2015 I was suspended and I came back in 2019 ) now I graduated but I'm still owing my school delsu (9 outstanding courses) .

I'm really suffering because my parents don't have much, but they are still struggling to make sure I go.

I'm really tired.

please I need advice. please u can insult me but I also advice me thank you I'm the first son I have two sisters.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by dawnomike(m): 8:49am On Jan 19, 2022
Soeak to your boxing promoters... They should chill and let you get your degree.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Promise47(m): 9:37am On Jan 19, 2022
Okay thank you
dawnomike:
Soeak to your boxing promoters... They should chill and let you get your degree.

13 Likes

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Wine699: 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by tgmservice: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
Boxing in Naija no be Mayweather things oooooo.

Better hunger dey wire dem.

Our Government don't just care

47 Likes

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by GboyegaD(m): 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
Oga, get your degree. It could lead to many more opportunities in the future. You can make an arrangement with your trainers to give you more time to compare your program.

In my opinion, anything that tries to present itself as choose me and forget the others are not worth it. Life is about having options.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by WoundedLamb: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
It's sad you have to chose between the two. Which one can you easily refocus on after finishing the other? I'd say you finish your program and give boxing another go. If you're good and passionate about it, your trainers would still want you in thier team.

Francophones in the house, how do you say "reprendre" in English?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by djflexcy: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ok
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
My problem is that I'm an Amateur boxer (Paramount king boxing) Lagos and still need to clear my courses before I can take my results. Things haven't been going well with me, the people training me in boxing has told me to choose between my Career in boxing and the school I'm going ( because it's really affecting me I can't go to training anymore)
The first step is to Utilize your resources very well.
Rather than a student waiting until their academic performance starts to decline or run into issues with the school academicians, it is advisable to familiarize oneself with the institution's academic services.
There is absolutely no shame in referring to the institution's academic services when one needs their help. You can start by talking to your lecturers in school at the beginning of every semester just to make the assurance that your commitment is to school first.
Lecturers are frequently ready to work with learners who show devotion to their academics.

In Saner climes, there are some school abroad that are actually looking for student/boxers like you
They pay their tuition up to 10,000 pounds per semester, all because you are interested in boxing!
You will be schooling and they will still create time for you supporting you in your boxing career.
Never give up OP.

One day, we will get there as a nation.

We Rise!

porthouse7:
boxing is not lucrative in nigeria, go see them at d stadium, u wil change ur mind, but if u find urself for better country i will advise i to go into boxing as strong naija guy
Hmmmmm, this is deep!
God help Nigeria.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by iCauseTrouble: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
Finish school first so that when dem beat you for boxing like this, you can have a second option and go back to your certificate

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
GboyegaD:
Reading

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Tannhauser(m): 5:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
angry

Pursue the boxing with all your figure, transfer the aggression of not finishing your degree into your fights, imagine your opponents to be the lecturers that frustrated you and see how fast you rise up the ranks as you win your fights.
When the money starts rolling in you can buy yourself a degree or even the school if you feel like it.
My two cents.

angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by JackWolfskin: 5:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
Both!
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 5:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
Oga watch this video from the Champ himself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fidGQHtixI

Be guided.

Cc: ICauseTtrouble

Promise47

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by iamyemiakins(m): 5:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
Box ur outstanding courses first

3 Likes

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by tiswell(m): 5:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
Which boxer?

Ogbeni,go school fa!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by generalwo(m): 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
Get a degree and continue boxing.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by OlujobaSamuel: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
Choose boxing biko, i doubt you can ever use that certificate for anything worthwhile.
After your last semester, you still have 9co, been in school since 2015, 7yrs, no assurance of you clearing those papers once, so likely to be on it till next year, that is, 8yrs, there is every likelihood that you will have a Pass grade and not even 3rd class that some organization might want to consider to give you a chance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by marshalcarter: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
lemme sit here and learn from the elders Incase i get to that bridge grin
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
@OP,
Balancing between school and demanding sports such as boxing is irrefutably complicated and overwhelmingly tedious.
Nevertheless, with the tips provided above,
students should not have any trouble juggling between the two effectively.

tiswell:
Which boxer?
Ogbeni,go school fa!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Justiceleague1: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
post=109511996:
Reading

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Lavisha(f): 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
Degree first.. Boxing later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by GeneralOjukwu: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
grin

You might be the next Canelo Alvarez or James Toney.

I would strongly advise that you do School AND Boxing to have a safety net.

Boxers have a lot of mental fortitude. In the tough long fight, you would gas out and take a lot of pounding and nor give up.

But you are proving that you're the type that would give up immediately you face a heavy-handed fighter instead of trying to out-think him.

Don't take the lazy, easy route.
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by johnriley: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
Who school help

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by mojir76109: 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
I think your career is the best to go for
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by tobenuel(m): 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
Face that boxing seriously
You can pay someone some Money to sit in for you during the exam.
Sort things out

1 Like

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by iamyemiakins(m): 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
Justiceleague1:
Well deserved blow to the vulture griller!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
Lol cheesy cheesy grin wink

Dem don turn am to boxing thread!

See boxers everywhere dey throw punch wit dem tolotolo hands!

Up Nairaland!!!

LandMann:
You may not need your brain again after receiving many head punches from boxing.
Hope you have what it takes to not only be a great attacking boxer but also a good defensive boxer like May Weather?

Wish you all the best
Thanks for wishing him the very best,
BUT,

According to a little research we conducted it shows that taking part in physical activities and sports such as boxing holds innumerable benefits in the relieving of stress, boosting brain performance, and regulating numerous crucial body functions through the release of endorphins.

Besides the physical benefits of participating in boxing, there are innumerable benefits in the development of the brain's cognitive functions when one takes part in boxing.
Therefore, when the OP is stressing out on how he will handle his exams, engaging in some physical activities might be the relief they need!
Looking at things from the positive angle!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by LandMann: 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
You may not need your brain again after receiving many head punches from boxing.

Hope you have what it takes to not only be a great attacking boxer but also a good defensive boxer like May Weather?

Wish you all the best
Re: Choosing Between My Career As A Boxer Or Graduating For My Degree by Jayphoenix45(m): 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
I think you can come to a logical understanding with your promoters to allow you finish your studies..your degree is important bro..injuries might cut short careers in sports and athletics but I'm not praying for that in your case..its just ok to have a plan b and that degree should be your back up just in case anything happens in your chosen field...wish you all the best in boxing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Instrumentation And Control Training / Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. / This Man Told Me He Makes Minimum Of 30k From This Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.