Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust (39976 Views)

Turji’s Associate Makes Shocking Revelations On Their Operations / Musa Kamarawa: Police Arrest Bafarawa's Nephew For Supplying Arms To Bandits / Rochas Okorocha Honours Past Governors With Brand New Houses,Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by dre11(m): 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
Pictures Of Northern Governors With Associate Of Banditry Kingpin Turji Raise Dust

Musa Kamarawa has been arrested and confessed to working with wanted notorious banditry kinpin, Turji.

by Mohammed Babangida

Commentators are demanding an investigation of the relationship between some governors and notorious banditry kingpin, Bello Turji, after pictures of the governors and a confessed associate of the bandit emerged on social media.

In the picture with Musa Kamarawa are the governors of Zamfara and Sokoto, Bello Matawalle and Aminu Tambuwal, and the deputy governor of Sokoto, Mannir Dan Iyya.

Zamfara and Sokoto are two of the North-west states under attacks by bandits in which hundreds of people have been killed and thousands displaced.

According to a Daily Nigerian report, Mr Kamarawa was arrested in Abuja last year alongside one Bashar Audu, a Nigerien who was caught with a consignment of Indian hemp he was allegedly taking to Mr Turji and his men.

Mr Kamarawa was arrested in September but the video of his questioning by the police only appeared online a few weeks ago.

Under interrogation, Mr Kamarawa said he had known Mr Turji for long.

Musa Kamarawa (circled) with Gov. Bello Matawalle and others.

“Turji is my bosom friend, we are always in touch and we seek each other’s advice on our operations most of the time,” the suspect said.

He said the notorious banditry kingpin has over 100 armed guards around him and named those supplying Mr Turji with shoes, military camouflage uniforms, drugs and other materials.

Relations with Bafarawa

Checks by PREMIUM TIMES in Sokoto revealed that Mr Kamarawa is a nephew of a former governor of the state, Attahiru Bafarawa.

Mr Bafarawa, who is a political kingmaker in Sokoto, has been vocal in lambasting bandits and had urged the federal government to renew its strategy in the fight against insecurity.

Mr Kamarawa’s mother is the elder sister of the former governor.

Matawalle and Kamarawa

Mr Kamarawa, who is from Isa local government area of Sokoto State, has extensive knowledge of communities and forests in Sokoto East and Zamfara North, especially villages bordering Shinkafi (in Zamfara) and Isa (in Sokoto).

Investigations made by PREMIUM TIMES revealed that Mr Kamarawa was among those first contacted by Mr Matawalle after he was declared governor in 2019, to facilitate a peace accord with bandits.

A source at the Zamfara Government House, who is also a Special Adviser to the governor, said Mr Kamarawa was referred to the governor when the peace accord was being initiated.

“Though Bello Turji didn’t accept the peace accord, there were a lot of bandits who turned in their guns and ammunition through Musa (Mr Kamarawa).

“We didn’t know he had interest in them and was working for them because he was always advising us to expand our peace talks. You can attest to the fact that several weapons and bandits were here (Gusau) and we witnessed peace for some time,” said the official who requested not to be named because he did not have permission to speak to journalists.

Kamarawa with Sokoto state Deputy governor, Mannir Dan Iya

However, he could not confirm whether a letter circulating on social media, notifying Mr Kamarawa of his appointment as Special Assistant to the governor, is real or fake.

“I can’t confirm. But like you, I also saw the letter. Assuming it is true, does that invalidate the efforts he made in bringing to the table the bandits that accepted the peace accord? Even if it is true, Matawalle did it with good intention,” he said.

PREMIUM TIMES also gathered that it was Mr Kamarawa who received Mr Turji’s father from security agents and handed him to the outlaw in July when the banditry kingpin abducted 50 residents in retaliation for his father’s arrest by the police.

In an audio recording listened to by this reporter last year, Mr Turji told a governor’s aide: “I promise you, if Musa (Mr Kamarawa) can bring my father to the riverside, let him just call me and hand over my father to me, Wallahi I will release all the people in my camp. What would I even do with them?”

Mr Kamarawa took Mr Turji’s father to the riverside and the captives were released to him, this newspaper learnt.

Backlash

A senior lecturer at Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto who is from Shinkafi in Zamfara, Tijjani Salihu, said the pictures show that Mr Kamarawa is not a “normal criminal.”

“We have raised our concerns regarding banditry in the Northwest. It is clearly showing that the highly celebrated young man, Musa Kamarawa, is well connected in his business. I request the concerned security agencies to interrogate him further and bring to book anyone associated with him in his business, no matter how highly placed they are,” Mr Salihu said.

A popular Islamic scholar in Sokoto State who has been vocal against banditry, Murtala Assada, said he was surprised that someone like Mr Kamarawa is now being investigated.

He said there are many influential people supporting bandits who at the same time are enjoying government support.

A copy of his appointment letter as Special Assistant in Zamfara state

“I don’t know why people are afraid of releasing the whole video clip. They should release it and let whatever will happen to happen. If as is being said, why is Musa Kamarawa not being allowed to talk? Musa Kamarawa is a messenger of the city Turjis to the real Turji; there are a lot of them out there and we know they exist.

“We will keep praying for the security agents to succeed but we also want them to fear God and release everything that he (Kamarawa) told them,” the cleric said in one of his sermons released Monday morning.

Responses

Responding to PREMIUM TIMES’ inquiry on the photo, Governor Matawalle’s spokesperson, Zailani Bappa, said the uproar is unnecessary because the pictures were taken during the peace accord with bandits.

“First, I think the uproar is not worth response but it is okay to respond. His Excellency engaged in dialogue with the bandits with good intentions because he was disturbed by the incessant killing of innocent people. Bandits were reached out to for dialogue and they answered. Guns and ammunition were turned in by the bandits. Not only the man in question, but a lot of bandits and their collaborators were invited for discussion and most of them were seen by the public,” he said.

Mr Bappa said even another notorious banditry kingpin, Auwalun Daudawa, was part of the peace accord and his pictures were taken.

“It doesn’t mean Governor Matawalle has anything to do with Musa Kamarawa or any bandit collaborator because what he did was with the best of intentions and when he found out that they (bandits) were not serious about it, he backed out. I am sure you journalists can bear witness to the fact that we are no longer involved in the peace accord,” he said.

On his part, Muhammadu Bello, Mr Tambuwal’s media aide, said there is no relationship between his principal and Mr Kamarawa.

“There is no relationship between them. The picture was taken at the Sokoto State liaison office in Asokoro, Abuja. Kamarawa might have visited him like many Sokoto indigenes sometimes do at home, in Sokoto or elsewhere. I do not, however, know when exactly that picture was taken,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/506768-pictures-of-northern-governors-with-associate-of-banditry-kingpin-turji-raise-dust.html

2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Illuminatiship(m): 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
Who nor know God nor dey curse deveil,fear north..

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Racoon(m): 10:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
-"Bandits are just doing business,"-(El Rufai).

-"Not all bandits are criminals" - (Governor Matawalle(-Zamfara).

-"Bandits are into "kidnapping" business..."-( Joe Igbokwe).

-"A fight against BH terrorists is a fight against the north..." -Buhari.

-"Bandits and BH are northern freedom fighters" -(Adamu Garba).

-"Bandits are not terrorists because they are not mounting flags or taking territories" - (Lai Mohammed).

-"Bandit terrorists are just common criminals" -(Femi Adeshina).

-"Bandits need to be accommodated with land gift, fetted with plenty cash & love."- (Sheikh Gumi)

-“Oh God, give victory to the Taliban and to al-Qaeda. Jihad is an obligation for every single believer, especially in Nigeria."

“..May God have mercy on Ahmad Fadeel al-Khalayleh"( Isah Pantami -speaking after the death of notorious Al-Qaeda leader) Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isa_Ali_Pantami

They all know themselves otherwise many of these northern leaders/elites will not be defending the atrocities of these criminals bandits/terrorists.

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Hungerbadoo: 10:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
The words of Obadiah Malaifa comes to mind

227 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by illicit(m): 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
Business as usual

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by BiafranPatriot: 10:21pm On Jan 19, 2022
udele1
oyigboupdate

and their Afonja supporters...

After reading this news please view receipt issued to peaceful people by a sect that kills and still dines with Northern governors constantly.

Its only foolish people that rejoice when a terrorist filled army kills vigilantes but is docile when it comes to the real terrorist!!

see ..

udele1 ..............................receipt

oyigboupdate................................receipt!!

With all their zombie work..dem still dey pay dues!!!

This life no balance!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Nbotee(m): 10:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
That's why they killed the formed CBN deputy governor... The Northern leaders and politicians are in bed with the so called bandits/terrorists. The whole banditry was to help them cover up their gold mining activities in Zamfara

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
Buhari and his people have finally destroyed this country beyond redemption angry

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Dapson73(m): 10:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mr Femi Fani Kayode, over to you sir !

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Investigative: 10:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
a good business man according to El rufai

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by obiekunie01: 11:14pm On Jan 19, 2022
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by nzeobi(m): 12:19am On Jan 20, 2022
Good luck to the northerners, I believe they know how best to sort out their problems

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Conner44: 12:27am On Jan 20, 2022
Thats is the same way buhari will be posing with his businessmen brothers after he’s disgraced out of aso rock next year

Memeni:

Try dey get small sense..you couldn't disgrace him in 2019..it's now getting to his 8 years in office.. you're here talking about disgrace.. someone that has already ruled for 2 tenures

Someone who has already totally disgraced himself by himself since 2018? undecided and you feel it’s ME who needs to get sense? I’m sure you voted for him again like a mugu

With your mango head and ‘Bleep-Bleep’ profile page angry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Blackfire(m): 6:33am On Jan 20, 2022
You southerners should face your region riddled with drugs, rituals...and leave the North alone

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

Anyways I sell cows o
Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by slimghost(m): 6:48am On Jan 20, 2022
It’s a family something

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Benchilwell: 7:00am On Jan 20, 2022
Blackfire:
You southerners should face your region riddled with drugs, rituals...and leave the North alone

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

Anyways I sell cows o
abeg nobi southerner una problem but bandits and Boko Haram are u guyz problem,pls ask them to leave d north alone not south because we southerner are not d one releasing d terrorist
without charge in number.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by beerfraud: 7:02am On Jan 20, 2022
The same way okoro politicians have been visiting terrorist Cownu in DSS gulag

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Coolsperm: 8:27am On Jan 20, 2022
Even we local Yoruba Muslims knew what our northern brothers are up to in the north but Islam does allow to say the truth against a fellow muslim

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by rayvelez(m): 8:54am On Jan 20, 2022
North and Terrorists are like 5&6 those bandits boys are doing well.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Shetemi12(m): 8:55am On Jan 20, 2022
I think our dear brothers from the East have forgotten their mentor, Sir Kanu created a terrorist group called IPOB. He has taken pictures with a lot of South east governors!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Emmanuelcann: 9:34am On Jan 20, 2022
What's new?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Blackfire(m): 9:37am On Jan 20, 2022
Benchilwell:
abeg nobi southerner una problem but bandits and Boko Haram are u guyz problem,pls ask them to leave d north alone not south because we southerner are not d one releasing d terrorist
without charge in number.

Don't quote me...

Just face your poverty infested south
Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Godstiger(m): 9:58am On Jan 20, 2022
Emmanuelcann:
What's new?
Nothing,just thier normal oil bussines

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Yankiss(m): 10:37am On Jan 20, 2022
If you don't know, politicians are the major source of terrorism in Nigeria. During election period, they fish for the bad eggs, arm them, use them to rig elections and abandon them. The abandoned begin to find new use for their weapons. Politicians can't fight these dissidents. It's family affair. Know this and know peace.

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by micronut(m): 10:38am On Jan 20, 2022
Hmmn.. mewa n sele

Anyway, guys good news here, BBNaija Omatshola is expecting a baby oo.

Watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEt9r40ODTc
Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by nkemoma(m): 10:38am On Jan 20, 2022
Long may it reign
Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by salbis(m): 10:38am On Jan 20, 2022
Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by obembet(f): 10:38am On Jan 20, 2022
I never take any News from Northern part of this country serious for once.. cos I all see s game. Small sympathy, small action... All is game.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust by Guyman02: 10:38am On Jan 20, 2022
Internal family affair, they use them as thugs to rig elections

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / Top APC Politicians, Thousands of Supporters Join PDP (Pictures) / Dele Momodu Releases Atiku’s School Calendar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.