Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead (27416 Views)

Huge Explosion Hits Mosque In Kabul, Afghanistan. 60 Killed, Many Injured / Huge Explosion Hits Shia Mosque In Afghanistan, 32 Killed / Huge Explosion Hits Shia Mosque In Afghanistan, 100 Killed (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2022
Multiple people were killed in a "huge explosion" that took place after a motorcycle collided with a vehicle carrying explosives in Ghana Thursday, according to police and one eyewitness.

CNN

Public Emergency Alert Update!

Reference to our earlier emergency public notice, the Police have taken charge of the situation providing security to enable the emergency workers including the Ghana National Fire Service, NADMO and the Ambulance Service to manage the situation.

The public has been advised to move out of the area to nearby towns for their safety while recovery efforts are underway.

An appeal is also being made to nearby towns to open up their classrooms, churches etc to accommodate surviving victims.

Meanwhile, preliminary investigation has established that a mining explosive vehicle moving from Tarkwa to Chirano mines collided with a motorcycle resulting in the explosion.

Most of the victims have been rescued and are on admission at various hospitals and clinics within the Bogoso Municipality.

Reinforcement of resources and personnel have been dispatched to the area to assist in the handling of the incident.

We continue to urge the public to remain calm as we manage the situation.

Further updates regarding the emergency evacuation of the injured will be communicated in due course.

Ghana Police Service

I have just received a briefing on the circumstances that led to an explosion in Apiate near Bogoso, in the Western Region, resulting in the loss of lives and the destruction of properties belonging to residents. It is a truly sad, unfortunate and tragic incident, and I extend, on behalf of Government, deep condolences to the families of the deceased, and I wish the injured a speedy recovery.

The Police, Armed Forces and the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) are co-ordinating efforts to contain the situation, and I have also instructed NADMO to see to it that rapid relief is brought to residents of the town.

Government will spare no effort to ensure a rapid return to a situation of normalcy for residents of Apiate.

Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo (Ghana's President)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vTQNdOWrBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH9kkY5237Y

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by IfeanyiTheMan: 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
Damn!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by everythinggirly(f): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
Omg!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by GIANTPLUSHUB: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
Mheen

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by slawormiir: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Rest in peace to the dead
Quick recovery to the injured

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Baloranking(m): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by FalseProphet1(m): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
I see Buhari visiting Ghana with his Entourage despite similar happenings in Nigeria.

I see him promising billions of dollars to the victims, I see Osibanjo making a statement about the explosion and praying for the victims, I see him calling it a black day and encouraging the whole world to mourn for the dead.

This I have seen.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by LibertyRep: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
The incident is unfortunate.

Sadly, those going there own way, minding their own businesses would still be affected, even when they do not know or have a hand in whatever transpired between the motorcyclist and the tanker driver.

May we not be unfortunate.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Ganvic: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
RIP for the death

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Kenog4real(m): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
Carelessness.

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by eddie7: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2022
God shall always protect His own

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by DominionGreat: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2022
Such a trying times for the Ghanaians.

First they crashed out of Afcon

Now this .

R.i.P to the dead and quick recovery to the wounded... Our prayers are with them all

13 Likes

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by orikoku: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2022
Daam

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Coronavirus123: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2022
cry

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2022
Fvck

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by inoki247: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2022
RiP to the Dead.....

Two Disaster in a week Dem first loose out of AFCON now explosion....

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Chiefochiefo(m): 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
Explosion + AFCON eviction = double wahala grin

3 Likes

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by MITCHELL96: 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
Oh shit!

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Dalivingrin: 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
Shatta walle cause am

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Shetemi12(m): 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
RIP to the dead! God please protect all of us!

4 Likes

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Newboss(m): 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
Shatta Wale why?

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by realstars: 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2022
From nigeria to ghana.

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Wisejohnson47(m): 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2022
God have mercy, R. I. P to the dead, and quick recovery to the wounded

4 Likes

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Nten: 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
He has been briefed

1 Like

Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Thesaint141(m): 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:14pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ok
Re: Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2022
nawa oooh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Second Kabul Airport Attack Likely In 24-36 Hours - President Biden / Poland's Prime Minister, Czech Republic And Slovenia Leaders Arrive In Ukraine / Plasma Treatment For COVID-19: Donald Trump Announces Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.