Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? (993 Views)

How Do Spouses Whose Partners Live Abroad Cope Sexually? / Help! Is This A Good Choice?, I Want To Park Out From Ajah To Ikorodu / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by Analysiscorner: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2022
I have noticed that married people hardly continue to stay in the same house they were previously living with their spouses after their spouses' death.
What is the wisdom behind the act, please, somebody.
Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by chatinent: 10:20pm On Jan 21, 2022
Just hearing this for the first time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
Analysiscorner:
I have noticed that married people hardly continue to stay in the same house they were previously living with their spouses after their spouses' death.
There is no wisdom just individuals deciding the next phase in their individual lives after a loss. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by bewla(m): 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2022
Afraid of ghost
Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by Patented: 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2022
The house obviously holds to many memories that would have become painful. Staying there would keep the pain of loss fresh for longer

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by Klass99(f): 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2022

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by yomi007k(m): 11:33pm On Jan 21, 2022
Klass99:
They move because;

1. The house usually holds too many painful memories, for them.

2. They need or want a geographical fresh start to help their healing process.

I know a guy who moved, after his wife died during the birth of their first child. These were his reasons as I heard from his sister.

3. And finally if it is the bread winner that died, the simply need to move to a cheaper apartment.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by greenie77: 11:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
Painful memories.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by Tokskob2008: 11:46pm On Jan 21, 2022
Patented:
The house obviously holds to many memories that would have become painful. Staying there would keep the pain of loss fresh for longer
100% correct!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by suffering: 4:02am On Jan 22, 2022
Where una dey get these questions, sef?!
Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by jamesversion: 4:03am On Jan 22, 2022
suffering:
Where una dey get these questions, sef?!

I tire..
Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by frozen70(f): 6:55am On Jan 22, 2022
Analysiscorner:

Of course you should know that the house reminds them of the exit of one of them

So changing his former residence will bring a new house to the heart and life goes on without the departed loved ones
Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by Richy4(m): 8:14am On Jan 22, 2022
<<<<He/she looked at the Kitchen counters, It reminds him/her what was said at that same spot...the same @ the dinning table.

<<<< You went into the bathroom, a dent in there reminds you of something that she/he may have repaired that was not perfect.. but was a typical of the spouse..

<<<< The bedroom is a different story altogether...It's not always easy to continue surrounding oneself with painful memories..

Although I thought it was only white folks that does that alot.. Sale lot of stuffs on yard sale and move away... some even sale the house..
Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:10am On Jan 22, 2022
cheesy
Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by Foodqueen(f): 9:16am On Jan 22, 2022
Every noon and crannies of the house reminds them of the activities that their spouse have carried out there before.
Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by YourFavorite21(m): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
It's not easy to move on
Re: Why Do Spouses Park Out Of Their Rented Homes When One Of Them Dies? by anthonyuncle(m): 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
memories and they need a fresh start

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Divorced People Always Remarry,i Don't Get It / Different Generations / Marriage: A Help Or A Hinderance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.