Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse (43182 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse. / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Princewell2012(m): 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

Honestly brother, I wish I can tell all that happened
I've tried my best and my entire family, but I don't know what made these lady did these. I warned her about these social media of a thing

Your story is incomplete without the real cause of their separation. There is no way I can come in here.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by juniorstar(m): 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:
My brother has been a well disciplined man, he has married a woman whom he love dearly, sometimes I wish If I was a woman, I'll marry him! Gentle, calm, humble, educated, exposed with a very good source of livelihood. Doesn't smoke, drink or womanize And most importantly, God fearing. Maybe heritage from our dad.

But I never could have imagined it that what seems like a blissful marriage of my brother could end just like that. What is the problem? Social media! They had an issue, and she went and posted it there, from WhatsApp to Facebook and the worst of all twitter and some stupid women group which she seems to be a member of, may be there is some Judges there, come and see some people passing judgment even without hearing the other side of the story.

He warned her series of time not to ever post any family related issues to the media. I can remember while I was still with them, he always tells her if she ever has anything about him, she should call him and discus it with him or better still report to our parent. I don't know if it's a family thing for us or something, personally, I'm not too good with these social media of a thing.

To the best of my knowledge, my brother is the best and cool personality I had ever come in contact with, But these act of hers has been the height of it for him.

Brethren as I'm talking to you now, my brother has contacted a lawyer to prepare the divorce papers. Our parents and family members has called a meeting, we begged him for almost a week now but he stood his ground about the divorce, her family has come to apologize and beg for reconciliation for the both of them but to no avail, I spoke to him personally and begged like what you could ever imagine but our please fell on deaf ear. He personally told me that if his wife had gone to the court, he would've preferred it. If there is absolutely anything I know about my brother is him being a man of his words. She has done countless of things to him and She'll call us to apologize all the time and he'll forgive especially when my mom is involved. But for these I don't know what To say, she has cried and cried her eyes all out but for where It seems My brother has made up his mind, But if I may ask the ladies, why always the social media, going out there to claim the victims card.

Sorry I don't have much time neither am I good with telling stories, if not, I should have narrated what led to the whole problem but is a long epistle on it own....

Why is too hard to know what your spouse want and dislike. Note: he doesn't even want you posting his image in any media platform even on his birthdays, we're kinda some sort of reserved people in my family.

The marriage is three years old.
Not everybody likes these social media of a thing.
Women are emotional beings..they only reason after acting out
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Zubaidabta12(m): 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2022
You make sense so tee sense self dey speechless.
It’ a thrend I’ve observed on tictok too.

SmellySperm:
Women and social media. Most of them all they do is sit at home,eat,snap,chat and make stupid videos for the gram.
Kudos to your bro. Good riddance
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Danmisra(m): 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2022
Never be too kind to a lady except your mother, because once a man is kind to a lady she starts disrespecting him, treating person like trash, try to be kind when the situation warrant but whenever they Bleep up please don't hesitate to treat their Bleep up sharp-sharp

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Enasuarez(m): 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2022
uthlaw:
Ena still de value this scam called marriage!

What the Bleep is this?.
Who even told you marriage is scam?. Besides marriage is not for the weak, it's a union between two individuals with their follow come characters. So we must have to learn the other person's dos and don'ts in order for the union to work. And in all your getting, getting understanding because e get why. Marriage is a beautiful until you bring your quack unchangeable ways of life into it and expect the other person to swallow it hook line and sinker. Go and marry fella and stop quoting me wrongly.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Jegoo: 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2022
This is still social media �

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by God1000(m): 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:

You had time to write all this long epistle, but you could not find time to give us a brief summary of what your brother did that caused her to post all over social media?

On what grounds is your brother planning to file this divorce? Irreconcilable differences or what? Because nobody cheated, there is nothing about conception or consummation

What did he tell the lawyer he contacted he wants to divorce for? Or does he think the court is where you can carry silly family issues to disturb them?

He should go and ask Ubi Franklin and Lilian Esoro if they have finalized the divorce they set out for over 4 years ago

Anyway, I am happy for the lawyer that will chop your Mumu brother's money for the next three years. Una think say divorce easy for Nigeria, he go stay for that marriage until he and his wife settle
get sense, stop the drivel.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by safarigirl(f): 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2022
God1000:
get sense, stop the drivel.

Go and tell your father to get sense, if you have a father.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by safarigirl(f): 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
Danmisra:
Never be too kind to a lady except your mother, because once a man is kind to a lady she starts disrespecting him, treating person like trash, try to be kind when the situation warrant but whenever they Bleep up please don't hesitate to treat their Bleep up sharp-sharp

Is that how your father was wicked to your mother?

Some of you, the things you say reveal so much of your family dynamics. Na who dem dey abuse their mama for house, dey advice people not to be kind to women

Did your mother suffer in your father's hands? Is that why you only reserve kindness for her?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by God1000(m): 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:

Go and tell your father to get sense, if you have a father.
see yourself, I'm a well polished guy while you are a pettish, choleric, pugnacious and chilly type.

Why the paroxysm, you don't have to go berserk to showcase your stupidity on a serious issue like this, you better discard the feminist ideology in you before it destroys you completely.

Mentioning my dad is so childish of you

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by AfroKnight: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:

What could she have posted that will ruin his business?

OP did not even say his brother was innocent of the accusations, he just said "they did not hear his side of the story"

I am more interested in what exactly she posted about him that has him so mad, it is not by coming here to tell us his brother is cool and nice and blah blah blah, anybody can come here and paint their family to be faultless in a situation.

What did the brother do to her? Let him tell us first, and if it is so bad that it can affect his business, then, he is not as good as this OP claims he is, and then threatening her with divorce because she posted on social media? He must be a very manipulative person.

Let him try and divorce her, Nigerian courts will clear his doubt.

If he’s such a bad person why is she begging and getting his family members to beg?

The man is done.

You accuse him of manipulation but who is the one shedding tears and trying to use his family to manipulate him into staying in the marriage, after telling a one-sided story to strangers on the internet? Who is the one who needs validation from utter strangers for a matter concerning her own home?

I feel sorry for the man. A private person should choose a wife who values his privacy not a chatterbox with no boundaries.

Nigerian courts will eventually grant him the divorce he wants.

I don’t expect you to see reason anyway.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Princewell2012(m): 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2022
MrSly:

You people are not social media type but you are on naira land baring your brothers family problem. No one is truly judge in his own case. Your brother must not overdo it. No one is perfect you have seen now even you can post on social media. Peace

Chai you wicked o. grin but you make sense though.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Owen247: 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

I'm scared brother, these man can endure even the worst of all attitude you can ever imagine from a woman.. But I don't know what came over my brother to decide these all of a sudden
Jxt like me i can warn u for d most severe cases from 1st to 31 but d day my mind wil change,na small thing go cus am.me as an introvet i no like all these postin of stuffs.my whatsap status na d borest u can see,i even hate typing things,and it have cost me a lot of lose with a foreign firm since december.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by safarigirl(f): 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
AfroKnight:

If he’s such a bad person why is she begging and getting his family members to beg?

The man is done.

You accuse him of manipulation but who is the one shedding tears and trying to use his family to manipulate him into staying in the marriage, after telling a one-sided story to strangers on the internet? Who is the one who need validation from utter strangers for a matter concerning her own home?

I feel sorry for the man. A private person should choose a wife who values his privacy not a chatter box with no boundaries.

Nigerian courts will eventually grant him the divorce he wants.

I don’t expect you to see reason anyway.

She is begging because Society has made women believe they are worthless without marriage, even worse if they have a failed marraige. It is not because the man is even good to her, Nigerian women have remained in marriages with men that will beat and kill them, what is this one?

You are not a reasonable human being to begin with, if not you would not ask such a silly question, it is obvious to the blind and deaf

Nigerian courts will not grant him anything. Go and read up on grounds for divorce in Nigeria, I will not argue with someone who does not even know how the law operates.

There will be no divorce. If he is tired of the marriage, his best choice is separation. He does not have any valid ground for divorce

He should go and marry a woman that will do as he says all the time and worship him. Thank God polygamy is not illegal in Nigeria, at least he can do customary marriage with the new wife.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by cmecproblem(m): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
One will suffer for others to learn.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by omoadeleye(m): 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
Good for her...

I h8te nonsense too...
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Akinh: 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
thorpido:
Keep appealing to your brother.Get his pastor or an elder he respects to intervene.
Her offence is not too bad to just throw the marriage away.
see this one person wey no listen to his small God ,(parent) go come listen to one useless pastor ?

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by kilisi(m): 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
bahdpersona:
I like your brother's reaction, people like your brother can repeat warning for innumerable times but when it's time to penalize their offenders , nothing can stop them.

Same here. I like giving repeated warnings so much that some people may even think I'm foolish.

But the problem is when I arrive at a decision after repeated warnings, it is irreversible and irrevocable!

It is just like crossing the Rubicon!

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Raychee(f): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
I don't understand people who puts everything about their lives on social media.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by CountVersailles(f): 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:

(a) Is that how your father was wicked to your mother?

(b) Some of you, the things you say reveal so much of your family dynamics. Na who dem dey abuse their mama for house, dey advice people not to be kind to women

Did your mother suffer in your father's hands? Is that why you only reserve kindness for her?
You say (a), then you say (b). You indulge in the same thing you criticize others of doing. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Snow02: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
engrzico:
My candid advice to you and your brother is to go ahead with that divorce, he fails to do sohe will regret in the future. Never threaten a woman with divorce, cos women never forget someone that put them through so much pain. She will definitely get her revenge and the moment she gets her hands on an evidence she won't look back when she initiates her divorce proceedings.
facts if you u hurt a woman go ahead and cut her off completely women always find a way to revenge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by safarigirl(f): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
CountVersailles:

You say (a), then you say (b). You indulge in the same thing you criticize others of doing. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

How you take me is your personal problem, not mine.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by MNDY(m): 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Her offence is not too bad

Her husband constantly warns her of doing a particular thing but she keeps doing it anyway so what is not too bad in that?

If you can't understand, learn and do what your partner likes and want in marriage then you don't have any business being married in the first place.

Don't mind that guy. Some women can be very stubborn...trying very hard to climb on top everybody in the family she was married into. The wife of my friend's brother seriously warned his wife to never ever try controlling him to a location again when she herself had not reached there first and lied that she has.

Men can try to respect and coordinate themselves with their wives. But you see women, very stubborn gender.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Exceed15: 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
I give it to your brother. He's indeed a man. Do not influence his decision. He wears the shoe and know exactly where it pinches.

For good 3yrs the foolish wife hasn't learnt. She can never change. Your brother should stand his ground and save Himself future trouble .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by AfroKnight: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:

She is begging because Society has made women believe they are worthless without marriage, even worse if they have a failed marraige. It is not because the man is even good to her, Nigerian women have remained in marriages with men that will beat and kill them, what is this one?

You are not a reasonable human being to begin with, if not you would not ask such a silly question, it is obvious to the blind and deaf

Nigerian courts will not grant him anything. Go and read up on grounds for divorce in Nigeria, I will not argue with someone who does not even know how the law operates.

There will be no divorce. If he is tired of the marriage, his best choice is separation. He does not have any valid ground for divorce

He should go and marry a woman that will do as he says all the time and worship him. Thank God polygamy is not illegal in Nigeria, at least he can do customary marriage with the new wife.

Lol. I guess “eventually” means nothing to you in a sentence.

As usual, “society” is the culprit when it suits you people. A man asks for privacy and you interpret it as asking for worship. How did you arrive at that?

Interesting that the woman who entertained the opinions of women like you now regrets her indiscretion. He will get his divorce. It’s only a matter of time.

6 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by MemoriesAndMe: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2022
Your brother can still save his marriage if he wants to. How? Simply give her a condition. The condition is for her to submit her smartphone, then he gives her a phone without internet access in return, like Nokia 3310. Case solved.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by josite: 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
She will.get a better husband.she has a right to her own personality.your brother knew who she was before marrying her.

Abeg give her my address .because person express herself the way she wants too,na murder.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by opapapilo(m): 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
Na so them get image quote for hand like never b4....small tym if u guy's have little misunderstanding like dis, dey go to der status n start posting one mumu quote abt wat really happened....I warned her to stop dat shit too....she never listen....to my surprise i dnt knw were she dey see dat image quote oo....it will always rhyme to that misunderstanding shaa ni......i dont knw oo, na pity face pple like dem dey find up n down..i tire for dis gender

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Rhaspody(m): 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
You do not beat a child when he spills oul on the floor. But you beat him when he spills water. Take note. The man has had his fill of the woman's wahala.

This is for those 'strong women' that God blessed with gentle husbands but they keep abusing the blessing.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by princewarri1985: 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
Be happy that your brother want to divorce her! Because your brother warn her and she non hear. One of the major characteristic of quiet men is that once the make up their mind about something just forget it because nothing on earth will make them change their mind. Just forget it that marriage is already history

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Exceed15: 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

My mom was whom I first called especially the moment I heard him calling the lawyer for the divorce papers........ It's been a week plus now... He's hell bent in his decision...... I'm even heart touched by the cry of these Lady.... I've done my best... Will keep trying and for the Pastor, that one no too like church things to much

Don't be moved by her cry . That woman can never change . Don't make your brother regret or blame you for trying to change his mind.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by treatise: 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
It's difficult to look back if one had given an individual a long rope and yet taken for granted.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Perks Of Being A Pregnant Bride In Today's World / Suspecting My Husband Is Gay / Nigerian Woman Welcomes Husband's Second Wife With Open Arms (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.