Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Why Do Footballers Tear Their Stockings? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Do Footballers Tear Their Stockings? (725 Views)

Why Do Footballers Wear This / Why Do Footballers Marriage Last Than Other Celebrities? / Do Footballers Re-use Their Jersey For Another Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Footballers Tear Their Stockings? by zaza1955: 1:07pm On Jan 23, 2022
If you watched Saturday’s premier league match between Southampton and Manchester City, you may have noticed James Ward Prowse, the Southampton Captain, having holes in his socks.

On the surface, it appears to be an obtuse footballing trend sweeping the Premier League.

Many elite footballers, like James Ward Prowse have been seen wearing socks with enormous, gaping holes on the back, clearly indicating a do-it-yourself kind of thing.

They’re a strange sight at times, a sharp contrast to the generally neat and consistent matchday outfits.

Is it just a pre-match ritual for footballers to tear their stockings with scissors?

We take a moment to explain why James Ward-Prowse — and a few other professional football players – wear holey socks. To continue reading go to https://gallantmilitary.org.ng/why-do-footballers-tear-their-stockings/

Re: Why Do Footballers Tear Their Stockings? by MITCHELL96: 3:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
As a footballer, it's a new trend, you have to change and adapt to a new pattern when it's introduced, I don't tear mine like this, I only cut off the ankle region then wear white ankle socks on the black socks I trimmed, hope you understand ? If you check, some players often wear another socks (Mostly white) on top of the main team's socks.

(1) (Reply)

Still On The Super Eagles Woeful Performance / Adesanya, Pereira Clash Again For The Fourth Time Tonight / Messi Edges CR7 Again, Argentinian Is Now Europe's All-time Club Goal Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.