Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill (24090 Views)

Wike Receives Osinbajo, Abdulsalami Abubakar In Rivers (Photos) / "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar / Buhari, Jonathan, Shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by NwaNimo1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
Contrary to the general belief by Nigerians and watchers of Nigeria politics all over the world, who had believed that the winner of the June 12 1993, Kashimawo Abiola was killed, Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar, a former Nigerian Head of State has countered.

The former Head of State, Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar has disclosed that late Moshood Kashimawo Abiola, winner of the June 12 1993 Presidential election in Nigeria, was not killed but died after falling ill.

While speaking during an interview with Trust TV, Abdulsalami disclosed that contrary to insinuations that Abiola took tea that was allegedly poisoned, before he passed on, he actually took ill and died

According to the former Head of State, “Well, I smile because there were lots of allegations here and there that we killed Abiola. As always when I am talking about late Abiola, I still thank God for directing me on things to do when he gave me the leadership of this country.”

“On the day Moshood Abiola passed away, may he rest in peace, two to three things make me always say I thank my God for the guidance he gave me. One was I received a delegation from America headed by Pickering who was then, I think, the Secretary of State or so. In his team I remember very well, was Susan Rice. I remember her very well because of the role she played later.”

“So after the normal courtesy and discussion we had, when they were leaving my office, Pickering said “Your Excellency we made a request to see Moshood Abiola but we were denied”, so I said “Why were you denied? who denied you?” There and then I made a decision, I said “Look, you will see Moshood definitely, I overruled whoever said you cannot see him”. So I now called my chief security officer, I said “Please make arrangement for this team to see Abiola,” that is one point.”

“Now during the incarceration of Moshood Abiola, except his personal doctor, to my knowledge, no member of his family saw him. So when I became head of state, based on consultation and interaction together with Ambassador Babagana Kingibe, I gave the family a date that they could come and see him.”

“So a day before he died, his family came to Abuja to see him. For one reason or the other, the whole family could not see him at the same time, so it was agreed that when this group of his family will see him today, tomorrow the next team will see him. So they saw him like yesterday, now this team from US came to see me and I said they could see him. Normally it was in the evenings the family go and see him. So because I had authorized the American team to see him, so the other part of the family were waiting to see him.”

“So, it was at this meeting when the American team was meeting Abiola he fell sick and suddenly the security officers called the medical team to come and attend to him, and when they saw the situation they said it was severe and they needed to take him to the medical centre. So it was the medical team plus the American team that took him to the medical centre, unfortunately at the medical centre he gave up.”

“Then my security chief called and said “I have bad news for you”, I asked what it was, he said “Abiola is dead”. I was shocked. He told me he was there with the American team, at that time I was staying in the barracks, I had not moved to the villa, so I said okay, let him take the American team to my house, I will meet them at the house; so I closed from the office, and went there.”

“The issue now was how do I break the news to Abiola’s family and how do we tell the world Abiola had passed on. I must be thankful to God and again to Ambassador Kingibe because we called on him and asked him to bring the family of Abiola. So when they came I broke the news, that unfortunately this is what has happened.”

“As you would expect, the family broke down and they started crying, I can’t remember which of the ladies, I held her, she was crying, sobbing, it was then Susan Rice, that is why I always remember her, said “Mr President that is not your job, let me do it”, so she now held this lady until she settled down and she calmed down a little bit.

Then we had to summon my second in command and other people and then strategized on how to break the news.”

“That is why I always say I thank my God for guiding me, if I hadn’t said the American team should go and meet Abiola certainly I don’t know how I would explain to the world that Abiola had died, and the American team will they believe me that we had not killed Abiola at that time when they were requesting to see him?” Gen Abdulsalami said.

https://independent.ng/abiola-was-not-killed-he-died-after-falling-ill-abdulsalami

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by helinues: 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2022

Tell that story to dumbos

136 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by NwaNimo1(m): 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
helinues:

Tell that story to dumbos

He should have been saying 'Yes Ma' to Susan......

[img]https://c./W5OyKnIV-GgAAAAd/susan-rice-smiling.gif[/img]

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by RaisedByWolves: 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
They are trying to rewrite history

Wow , the audacity ! Tomorrow they will tell us Dele Giwa had a heart attack, Funso Wliams died of a migrane or the fulani and Yoruba didn't commit Genocide against Ibo . Or that My almighty Benin Kingdom didn't dominate all other races in Nigeria back then in pre colonial era.

Happy weekend all

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by EmilyD: 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
All because of useless power
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by omlueh(m): 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
Tell that to the gods that MKO Abiola and General Sanni Abacha were not killed but died naturally foolish old general, because you and your fellow conspirators gained very well from their planned death thereby looting the Country very greatly. Bastards.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by dynicks(m): 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2022
Tomorrow now, they would tell us that a certain man who's name is AHMED ASIWAJU OSINANWATA TINUBU has his lineage roots crossed across the six geopolitical zones of this country........But that he's generally seen as a yoruba man cus he grew up in yoruba land..!!

You see this thing called politics eh!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by chocboi78(m): 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Thi man is above 80 years and demented. He shouldn’t be granting interviews

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by Irupetepete: 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Those Americans were just there to take the fall, they've already killed abiola only he hasn't closed his eyes

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by daddytime(m): 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Greed and Karma did him in, exactly the same way it'll deal the current enemies of States a vicious hand...
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by WonderManly(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
You see...

3 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by AntiBMC(m): 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hian! This one wants to twist history? Smh. I blame the media houses granting interviews to every Dick, Tom and Abdul

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by blackboy(m): 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
The whole story and how his death took place is obvious he was killled.
Thank you Sir for just confirming it indirectly and giving us a clearer picture of set up to make it look natural with the Americans as witness.

32 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by rejoice4eva(m): 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2022
Whatever you like you say, you killed him, directly or indirectly, the way you have killed and still killing Nigeria

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by gasparpisciotta: 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nigeria deserves better leaders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by ERockson: 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2022
This man knows much about Abiola demise. Only fools Will Not know. Na who this man dey decieve

33 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by darocha1: 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Despite trying to twist the story about, his words still doesn't add up.

Too maxny vacuum for such a high profile death

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by DontSufferinSil: 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
He has already told you who did it.

What more do you want him to say ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by 1stNumeroUno: 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2022
Interesting...

Thank you for the explanation; so what else do you wanna tell us since 2023 election is around the corner?

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by flokii: 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2022
Why then was he unjustly detained and denied access to his family and health providers if not to take him out.. story doesn't add up jare.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by 1stNumeroUno: 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
Interesting...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by tutudesz: 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
undecided
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by SWATMan: 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
Kk
NwaNimo1:
Contrary to the general belief by Nigerians and watchers of Nigeria politics all over the world, who had believed that the winner of the June 12 1993, Kashimawo Abiola was killed, Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar, a former Nigerian Head of State has countered.

The former Head of State, Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar has disclosed that late Moshood Kashimawo Abiola, winner of the June 12 1993 Presidential election in Nigeria, was not killed but died after falling ill.

While speaking during an interview with Trust TV, Abdulsalami disclosed that contrary to insinuations that Abiola took tea that was allegedly poisoned, before he passed on, he actually took ill and died

According to the former Head of State, “Well, I smile because there were lots of allegations here and there that we killed Abiola. As always when I am talking about late Abiola, I still thank God for directing me on things to do when he gave me the leadership of this country.”

“On the day Moshood Abiola passed away, may he rest in peace, two to three things make me always say I thank my God for the guidance he gave me. One was I received a delegation from America headed by Pickering who was then, I think, the Secretary of State or so. In his team I remember very well, was Susan Rice. I remember her very well because of the role she played later.”

“So after the normal courtesy and discussion we had, when they were leaving my office, Pickering said “Your Excellency we made a request to see Moshood Abiola but we were denied”, so I said “Why were you denied? who denied you?” There and then I made a decision, I said “Look, you will see Moshood definitely, I overruled whoever said you cannot see him”. So I now called my chief security officer, I said “Please make arrangement for this team to see Abiola,” that is one point.”

“Now during the incarceration of Moshood Abiola, except his personal doctor, to my knowledge, no member of his family saw him. So when I became head of state, based on consultation and interaction together with Ambassador Babagana Kingibe, I gave the family a date that they could come and see him.”

“So a day before he died, his family came to Abuja to see him. For one reason or the other, the whole family could not see him at the same time, so it was agreed that when this group of his family will see him today, tomorrow the next team will see him. So they saw him like yesterday, now this team from US came to see me and I said they could see him. Normally it was in the evenings the family go and see him. So because I had authorized the American team to see him, so the other part of the family were waiting to see him.”

“So, it was at this meeting when the American team was meeting Abiola he fell sick and suddenly the security officers called the medical team to come and attend to him, and when they saw the situation they said it was severe and they needed to take him to the medical centre. So it was the medical team plus the American team that took him to the medical centre, unfortunately at the medical centre he gave up.”

“Then my security chief called and said “I have bad news for you”, I asked what it was, he said “Abiola is dead”. I was shocked. He told me he was there with the American team, at that time I was staying in the barracks, I had not moved to the villa, so I said okay, let him take the American team to my house, I will meet them at the house; so I closed from the office, and went there.”

“The issue now was how do I break the news to Abiola’s family and how do we tell the world Abiola had passed on. I must be thankful to God and again to Ambassador Kingibe because we called on him and asked him to bring the family of Abiola. So when they came I broke the news, that unfortunately this is what has happened.”

“As you would expect, the family broke down and they started crying, I can’t remember which of the ladies, I held her, she was crying, sobbing, it was then Susan Rice, that is why I always remember her, said “Mr President that is not your job, let me do it”, so she now held this lady until she settled down and she calmed down a little bit.

Then we had to summon my second in command and other people and then strategized on how to break the news.”

“That is why I always say I thank my God for guiding me, if I hadn’t said the American team should go and meet Abiola certainly I don’t know how I would explain to the world that Abiola had died, and the American team will they believe me that we had not killed Abiola at that time when they were requesting to see him?” Gen Abdulsalami said.

https://independent.ng/abiola-was-not-killed-he-died-after-falling-ill-abdulsalami/

Poppycock.
Story for the gods. Why was he even detained? What offence did he commit? 15 years after his death this is all you have to tell us?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by naija4life247: 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2022
When you Almajari meets him in Hell, you will explain yourself better to him. I hope you recollect that he stammers, and stammerers are quick to anger and can be very destructive. I hope you too will not go and destroy Lucifer's burning furnace in Hell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by LibertyRep: 5:30pm On Jan 23, 2022
This is a subtle implication of the Americans.

Isn't this a confirmation that Susan Rice may know one or two things about Abiola's death?

7 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by Shetemi12(m): 5:41pm On Jan 23, 2022
Old age and senseless

3 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by Omniman(m): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
grin
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by Salvador1: 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
Tinubu should learn his lessons

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by emmanuelbrown26: 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
Afonjas no their son's killer, a tribe full of betrayals, what were u expecting.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill by xeratek: 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
Why American media is always painting Abiola and OBJ white? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obiano Inspects Modern Flyovers: To Be Ready By April. / Letters Between DSS And National Judicial Council On Corrupt Judges (photos) / Afenifere Suspends Omisore Over Osun Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.