Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) (16757 Views)

Petrol Tanker Burnt In Egbeda Estate, Lagos. Properties Destroyed (Video) / Fire Razes Houses In Akure, Properties Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed / BREAKING: Fire Guts Houses, Shops Along Akala Express Road In Ibadan (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by Metrix147: 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
Fire on Saturday night gutted some residential buildings and shops along old Timber market Road, World Bank Housing estate Umuahia, Abia State, destroying property worth millions of Naira.

The fire incident occurred around 11pm on Saturday night after the EEDC restored power to the area, ABN TV gathered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wY5pCq1TSk
Speaking with our correspondent on Sunday, the caretaker of the affected buildings, James Chinkwe Awom gave the number of affected shops as 4 including his two-bedroom apartment which was also razed down by the fire, destroying property worth three million Naira.

According to him, efforts by neighbours and passers-by to bring the fire under control was unsuccessful before the arrival of men of Abia State Fire Service.

One of the owners of the affected shops, a tailor who gave his name as Friday said he lost about six sewing machines which costs N150,000 each, two generators, customers' cloths, and other valuables in the shop.

A worker in a pool office affected by the fire, Mrs. Honour said cash and other valuables which were in the shop, including her school certificates were affected by the fire.

The victims, therefore, appeal to the state government, good-spirited Nigerians, and the general public to come to their aid to enable them return to business again.

He said the quick intervention of his men saved other nearby buildings from being affected by the fire incident.

Mr. Nnanna said poor building plans which did not allow for enough space between the buildings posed a challenge inadequately responding to the development.

He advised Abians to always switch off their appliances while leaving home, even as he maintains that the cause of the fire remains unknown till the proper investigation is concluded.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2022/01/property-worth-millions-of-naira-destroyed-as-fire-guts-shops-homes-in-umuahia-photos-video/

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by Metrix147: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
more pics

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by LeoDeKing: 4:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
Okay
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by obyrich(m): 5:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
Na wa o. So there was fire outbreak in Aba and Umuahia same day.

3 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by 9jvirgin(m): 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
So sad! God help them.

Meanwhile, the African Refeeres at this AFCON are the reasons Africa will have a difficult chance to reach its potentials. This is the worst officiating Africa has ever produced. This is isn't about Nigeria, the Ref robbed the Gabonese of their dreams today.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by nkemoma(m): 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
Na mud houses I de see

Or is my eyes paining me?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by Ekeseges(f): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
It is well
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by SultanOfPuna: 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
The same way my ticket is on Fire.
Because Buhari call Super Eagles angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by Sweetnesstwins: 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
It is well oh
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by Mko123(m): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Why umahia ?
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by obembet(f): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
That wire collection self.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by Lovenorth: 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
Mud houses all over but they claim to be civilized, I sympathize with them

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by greenie77: 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sad
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by Scientists(m): 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
That guy is taking photoshoot when people are lamenting.

Reminds me how i was having Hard erection when Ruth came to complain about how my guy(her boyfriend) is maltreating her.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
God save your people.
Sad news.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by Kada33: 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
This harmattan that have refused to go maybe that is the cause
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by sunyaliu: 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Buy and Refill

Call or Whatsapp

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nawa this is serious
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by Back2Daura(m): 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lovenorth:
Mud houses all over but they claim to be civilized, I sympathize with them

They are block houses but brown sand and heat from fire

3 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by kasim155: 9:30pm On Jan 23, 2022
God please help us this year 2022. We need good news every time n not bad news.
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
post=109633133:
God save your people.
Sad news.

Keep kwayet there!!!

You cannot fool us. We are graduates of the Kokoro Political School. We know any bad news in South-East is good news to you. 30k per month to promote dustbin no be job

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by ceaser: 9:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
Now that Buhari phoned the Super Eagles before their match against Tunisia, victory is looking so remote.

Anthony Joshua visited him (Buhari) before his last match. We all know how it ended for Joshua.
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by chidi2003(m): 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Take heart!
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by RICHOLAC(m): 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
I blamed the referee officiating that match
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by Tywo2018: 10:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ok they shouldn't have allow him call them Chaiii what a colossal failure undecided
SultanOfPuna:
Re: Fire Guts Houses In Umuahia, Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video) by dameddy468: 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
It's easy to have your post make front page on the forum
Sabiman45: The site is doing well .com.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SHOWROOM::: TILES! TILES! TILES! tiles sold here (make your choice) / Collapsed 3-Storey Building: ECTDA Evaluates All Structures In State Capital / Lagos Government Reduces Land Use Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.