Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam (8504 Views)

Get 5% Off Car Engine Via Car Parts Nigeria / SPECIAL SALE! Get 5% Off Car Engine Via Car Parts Nigeria / Get 5% Discount Off Tire Purchase Via Car Parts Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2022
On 18th January, 2022, I needed a car for a customer then decided to check on an online market JIJI, after searching through the various adverts, I saw one 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA with registration number AKD697HG posted by PRINCE TOYESHE (his jiji username) that seems to match up with my customer's standards then decided to put a call through to the number 08143744013 attached to the advert, I spoke with the poster about my interest in the vehicle he had placed for sale and he assured me he is the rightful owner, we then agreed to meet at a location for inspection and possible payment after all due diligence. We agreed to meet at a popular gas station along Akala express in IBADAN, then I left work for the venue when I got there, placed a call to him to notify him of my arrival and he asked me to give him some minutes that he will catch up with me. After waiting for about 30 minutes, he showed up with the car and apologised for keeping me waiting for that long. Then inspection began forthwith, I was satisfied with the condition the car was and asked him if I could test drive, he obliged, he entered into the passengerside and I sat in the driver seat, then he showed me the security around the step board area, started the vehicle and drove it out of the gas station to the main road and back to the gas station. I then proceed to ask for the vehicle documents which he provided the photocopy and said he didn't come with the original for security purpose, went through the papers and I asked him if the name on the document was his own, he said yes and further buttress his point by showing me his driver's license whose name corresponds with that on the vehicle papers, then I began to have confidence in his claim of being the rightful owner of the vehicle, so at that point negotiation began, his asking price was 2,350,000NGN, after minutes of bargaining we resulted on 2,220,000NGN, then I asked how he like to be paid and he said a transfer will be preferred. Immediately initiated an online transfer using my phone via my bank app to his Zenith Bank Account number 2253315049 which brought the name KOLADE TOSIN AGBOOLA as written in the vehicle document, after a successful transfer, showed him all evidence of payment and he said he has not gotten a credit alert and I suggest he checks his account using his bank app and he did and I saw his 10000 plus balance so we waited in the car for a while then he said he needed to eat and we left the gas station with the car. We got to the canteen, he went inside but i stood on the road side close to the car, he later came outside and he said I should borrow him 1000NGN that he was out of cash and I obliged, gave him the money and he went back inside the canteen and I was still standing outside with my eyes glued to the car. After few minutes he stepped out and we embarked and drove back to the gas station. This time we did not sit in the car, we parked the car in the gas station and we sat at a lounge just beside the gas station and he ordered beer and offered me but i said i do not take beer, we sat at the same table where we had random conversations where he told he stays in FRANCE amongst other things. However, he later said he wants to use the toilet, left and came back to meet me at the table. After waiting several hours, I told him to check his app which he did and showed me the money in it this time was 30000NGN plus but since the increase was nowhere close to what I was expecting it didn't raise an eye brow. In the evening, we both agreed to meet the next day to go to our respective banks to address the issue, I asked where he lives and said Apata then I left for work to close for the day after i have already taken his picture and done a covert video. When I got home that evening, i noticed he has closed the advert and deactivated his profile, immediately I began to smell dead rat, I put a call through, picked and told me he has not seen the alert that once he does, at dawn he will call me to bring the car down to anywhere I am. His statement revamped my confidence but i went to bed feeling I goofed.
The following day 19th January, 2022, I called around 7am to know if he has gotten the money and he said no then I told him we should go to our respective banks together to get things all sorted out then i suggested we meet at CHALLENGE where virtually all banks has a branch by 9am, got there past 8am and notified him of my arrival and he said he will be with me shortly, then i rushed into my bank and complained they told me the beneficiary got the fund. When it was 9am, I called severally and he later picked to tell me he is in Ojoo Military Barrack to see his uncle that he will meet with me by 11am that he should be done with his uncle by then, my heart has started racing, I stood in the sun till 11am and put several calls through that he ignored while he sends sms "Arrive Soon" and he later picked in the afternoon around past 2pm and said he was sorry that he couldn't finish with his uncle on time that where am I? I said I am in dugbe heading to the STATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT in Iyaganku Ibadan, he then said it is not up to that he would have called me if he had seen the money that we should meet at the bank then i headed to the nearest Zenith Bank and told him to meet me there which he told me he was on his way, i got to the bank past 2pm and waited for his arrival and never showed up till 4pm when i didn't have a choice than to leave. I have not seen him since we departed neither has he refunded me my customer's money. His number has stopped going through but he occasionally responds to my chats via WhatsApp, then chatted me yesterday 22nd January 2022 that he has travelled out of the country that i should not waste my money on police or searching for him. That was how trust for humans has subjected me to very big problem as the owner of the money is highly disappointed and craving for his money. I am currently on hospital bed as my heart has never stopped racing and currently feeling partial cramp in my both legs and severe migraine coupled with serious mental trauma.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Bola146(f): 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
shocked
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Frestuffng: 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
Bola146:
shocked
hope you enjoyed it
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2022
That is the picture of the guy who robbed me of my peace and subjected me to immense pain. I will appreciate any help to find him.

Below are the pictures of the car

1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
nlugliest:
On 18th January, 2022, I needed a car for a customer then decided to check on an online market JIJI, after searching through the various adverts, I saw one 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA with registration number AKD697HG posted by PRINCE TOYESHE (his jiji username) that seems to match up with my customer's standards then decided to put a call through to the number 08143744013 attached to the advert, I spoke with the poster about my interest in the vehicle he had placed for sale and he assured me he is the rightful owner, we then agreed to meet at a location for inspection and possible payment after all due diligence. We agreed to meet at a popular gas station along Akala express in IBADAN, then I left work for the venue when I got there, placed a call to him to notify him of my arrival and he asked me to give him some minutes that he will catch up with me. After waiting for about 30 minutes, he showed up with the car and apologised for keeping me waiting for that long. Then inspection began forthwith, I was satisfied with the condition the car was and asked him if I could test drive, he obliged, he entered into the passengerside and I sat in the driver seat, then he showed me the security around the step board area, started the vehicle and drove it out of the gas station to the main road and back to the gas station. I then proceed to ask for the vehicle documents which he provided the photocopy and said he didn't come with the original for security purpose, went through the papers and I asked him if the name on the document was his own, he said yes and further buttress his point by showing me his driver's license whose name corresponds with that on the vehicle papers, then I began to have confidence in his claim of being the rightful owner of the vehicle, so at that point negotiation began, his asking price was 2,350,000NGN, after minutes of bargaining we resulted on 2,220,000NGN, then I asked how he like to be paid and he said a transfer will be preferred. Immediately initiated an online transfer using my phone via my bank app to his Zenith Bank Account number 2253315049 which brought the name KOLADE TOSIN AGBOOLA as written in the vehicle document, after a successful transfer, showed him all evidence of payment and he said he has not gotten a credit alert and I suggest he checks his account using his bank app and he did and I saw his 10000 plus balance so we waited in the car for a while then he said he needed to eat and we left the gas station with the car. We got to the canteen, he went inside but i stood on the road side close to the car, he later came outside and he said I should borrow him 1000NGN that he was out of cash and I obliged, gave him the money and he went back inside the canteen and I was still standing outside with my eyes glued to the car. After few minutes he stepped out and we embarked and drove back to the gas station. This time we did not sit in the car, we parked the car in the gas station and we sat at a lounge just beside the gas station and he ordered beer and offered me but i said i do not take beer, we sat at the same table where we had random conversations where he told he stays in FRANCE amongst other things. However, he later said he wants to use the toilet, left and came back to meet me at the table. After waiting several hours, I told him to check his app which he did and showed me the money in it this time was 30000NGN plus but since the increase was nowhere close to what I was expecting it didn't raise an eye brow. In the evening, we both agreed to meet the next day to go to our respective banks to address the issue, I asked where he lives and said Apata then I left for work to close for the day after i have already taken his picture and done a covert video. When I got home that evening, i noticed he has closed the advert and deactivated his profile, immediately I began to smell dead rat, I put a call through, picked and told me he has not seen the alert that once he does, at dawn he will call me to bring the car down to anywhere I am. His statement revamped my confidence but i went to bed feeling I goofed.
The following day 19th January, 2022, I called around 7am to know if he has gotten the money and he said no then I told him we should go to our respective banks together to get things all sorted out then i suggested we meet at CHALLENGE where virtually all banks has a branch by 9am, got there past 8am and notified him of my arrival and he said he will be with me shortly, then i rushed into my bank and complained they told me the beneficiary got the fund. When it was 9am, I called severally and he later picked to tell me he is in Ojoo Military Barrack to see his uncle that he will meet with me by 11am that he should be done with his uncle by then, my heart has started racing, I stood in the sun till 11am and put several calls through that he ignored while he sends sms "Arrive Soon" and he later picked in the afternoon around past 2pm and said he was sorry that he couldn't finish with his uncle on time that where am I? I said I am in dugbe heading to the STATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT in Iyaganku Ibadan, he then said it is not up to that he would have called me if he had seen the money that we should meet at the bank then i headed to the nearest Zenith Bank and told him to meet me there which he told me he was on his way, i got to the bank past 2pm and waited for his arrival and never showed up till 4pm when i didn't have a choice than to leave. I have not seen him since we departed neither has he refunded me my customer's money. His number has stopped going through but he occasionally responds to my chats via WhatsApp, then chatted me yesterday 22nd January 2022 that he has travelled out of the country that i should not waste my money on police or searching for him. That was how trust for humans has subjected me to very big problem as the owner of the money is highly disappointed and craving for his money. I am currently on hospital bed as my heart has never stopped racing and currently feeling partial cramp in my both legs and severe migraine coupled with serious mental trauma.
you mess up. Na cash and carry I dey do. If alert no enter, keep the car at a police station till it's sorted out at your bank, and we move together No time

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by aieromon(m): 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sad experience.

You could have entered the nearest Zenith Bank to resolve this issue since it was a weekday. I suspect he was showing you a different account balance on his banking app. The scam was pre-planned.

We learn everyday.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by iHart(m): 8:51pm On Jan 23, 2022
Don't give up. You will still get him. Make a police report, report to the bank to get his account and bvn flagged.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Bola146(f): 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
Frestuffng:
hope you enjoyed it

Ask your sisters

9 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Frestuffng: 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2022
Bola146:

Ask your sisters
Lalasticlala, rule 2
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Bola146(f): 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2022
Frestuffng:
hope you enjoyed it

Lalasticlala, rule 2

9 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by melviniyke2002(m): 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
Its too late to blame u now,u went alone to buy a car,i cant try it.....if he didnt get alert we parked d car in d nearest police station,submit keys until we sort out bank issues....u even made payment without seeing d original papers.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Dozieson(m): 9:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
This is too bad. Why are people so heartless?

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by ajailer(m): 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
Naija my ppl, which way nah?
How can we keep being wicked to our fellow man like this?
Now d guy has been hospitalized, what a pity.... just table ur matter to God, let Him fight for u.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by daddytime(m): 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sad...

I pity the owner of the money.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by JAYUK(m): 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
I pray that God in his infinite mercy shows you mercy and gives you peace that tracends all understanding,I have been there before,it's a life threatening situation,God will arrest the situation. Make an entry at the police station,he might still be in the country,men get mind.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
Our WhatsApp messages

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nlugliest: 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2022
Other WhatsApp messages

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Control7: 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
nlugliest:
Other WhatsApp messages

Nairaland is not enough, you can also make the guy trend on Twitter and all social media. Tag all those "big accounts", security agencies on Twitter, you never can tell, luck might shine on you.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by andresia(m): 9:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
Honestly this is so heartbreaking. Why are some people so heartless? Just like that.

Op, don't relent o. Fight to get your money back. Use every conceivable means to get your money back

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Healthrelatedjo: 9:56pm On Jan 23, 2022
Can't you trace him via the number plate of the car?...this guy is wicked.

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Kingdemu: 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
Control7:

Nairaland is not enough, you can also make the guy trend on Twitter and all social media. Tag all those "big accounts", security agencies on Twitter, you never can tell, luck might shine on you.
I concur
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by magnumwhales(m): 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2022
Since you have his picture
Reporting his fraudulent act is easy to get
Just that the trust won't be there again with your clients.
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Thompz43(m): 10:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Go and get a court order tomorrow asap and go to your bank and complain about the transaction as error, they will process for refund

8 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by mrcrabs(m): 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
Mehn this is sad, the guy actually knows he scammed you and told you he travelled, na this kain person them dey wish sudden death for but i know he will be caught and his next victim won't be merciful..

Op I saw some nice suggestions from people here try to follow up on some. Wish you good luck, so sad.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by mrcrabs(m): 10:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
Post his name on twitter and the chat, you can tag some of those infuencers. This is really sad, I dey vex like this reading this.

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by id4sho(m): 10:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
shocked
Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by aryzgreat: 11:16pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lalasticlala please push to front page.

This scammer deserves to be hunted down anywhere he is seen.

Im just imagining this happening to me in this Buhari regime.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by nbolaji(m): 3:11am On Jan 24, 2022
nlugliest:

Here is the said car been paraded as new. Plate number has been removed. The scammer is still in Ibadan.

Check the car stereo player and the scratch on the bumper.
The number on the Advert:

https://www.nairaland.com/6925732/fresh-toyota-corolla-sport-06#109639753

10 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by revcompaty(m): 5:16am On Jan 24, 2022
nbolaji:

Here is the said car been paraded as new. Plate number has been removed. The scammer is still in Ibadan.

Check the car stereo player and the scratch on the bumper.
The number on the Advert:

https://www.nairaland.com/6925732/fresh-toyota-corolla-sport-06#109639753

Wow shocked shocked thanks for this �
Op follow up on this and remember time is of essence cos that post can disappear sooner than expected.
Also for the phone number, a check on trucaller and Google search showed this ��

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by Healthrelatedjo: 6:52am On Jan 24, 2022
This guy is still in Nigeria,op shld man up and search for d nigga,he go still dey ib city

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by aryzgreat: 7:34am On Jan 24, 2022
Spend money with DSS guys and this bastard will be smoked out of ibadan within 2days

You still have time to get him. Use his picture and go to car dealers shops, someone will know him reach house.

8 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Peace Via Car Scam by alphabbey1(m): 7:44am On Jan 24, 2022
Healthrelatedjo:
This guy is still in Nigeria,op shld man up and search for d nigga,he go still dey ib city
Even if he leaves Nigeria, the car is still in Nigeria..... so search continues till him or the car is seen......

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Generator Knocked Engine - Repair Or Replace? / Dumb Cars Will Be Dead In The Long Run. Only Smart Cars Will Survive / Overheating Problem With My Isuzu Rodeo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.