Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 (13533 Views)

Kalu Asks Buhari To Pick A Successor From The North East / PDP To Buhari: "Just Go! Nigerians Don't Want A Successor From You" / No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by nairavsdollars(f): 1:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe, a former Minister of Works has said that former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s mistake of a successor in 2007 is largely responsible for the woes bedeviling Nigeria today.

Obsasanjo who was president from 1999 to 2007 was succeeded by Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. Following the death of Yar’Adua in May 2010, his deputy, Goodluck Jonathan was sworn in as President.

Speaking in an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT on whether President Muhammadu Buhari should be interested in who succeeds him in 2023, Ogunlewe said rather than made up his mind on who will take over from him, Obasanjo was experimenting and was not focused on the issue of a successor.

He said “Successor is as important as yourself. We have seen and witnessed all over the world where people make mistake about who is going to succeed them. It landed some of them in jail. So, you must be persuaded that the person succeeding you will continue with your programmes and will like you as a person. The issue of succession is always a big problem”.

“It happened to Obasanjo. That mistake Obasanjo made is the brunt we are bearing in Nigeria today. Obasanjo couldn’t make up his mind about who will succeed him. If he had made up his mind then, we will not be where we are today. He was experimenting instead of being focused. I’m sure in his inner mind today, he doesn’t like himself on the issue of that successor”.

“How can anyone write about the history of Nigeria today without writing about Obasanjo’s successor that brought us to where we are today. It was a succession mistake. If you make a mistake as a leader on who succeeds you, believe it or not, you will regret it for life because people are not predictable”.

“Also, politics is not mathematics. You can’t say if I put this person there as my successor, my future is guaranteed. No, it doesn’t work that way. A new king will rule in Egypt who does not know Joseph”.

“For every successor, there will be new friends, new caucuses and new ideas will be suggested to derail whatever he meets on ground. Everybody wants to occupy the space which was occupied by some people in the past”.
 https://independent.ng/obasanjo-regretting-mistake-he-made-about-successor-in-2007-ogunlewe/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Maxymilliano(m): 2:01pm On Jan 24, 2022
The mistake Obasanjo made is the brunt we are bearing in Nigeria today.

Foolish man ... The mistake is also responsible for Buhari's glaring incompetence and leadership failure abi ... Alakori

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by alizma: 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
So, you must be persuaded that the person succeeding you will continue with your programmes and will like you as a person.

politics is not mathematics. You can’t say if I put this person there as my successor, my future is guaranteed. No, it doesn’t work that way.
This man is talking too much recently. These two statement of his are contractive to each other.
The Obasanjo I know is not regretting his decision, ask him about it today and he will tell you he did what was right as at that time.
Is just like telling me that I am regretting that I gave my money to a trusted man to keep for me 10 years ago rather than given the money to a well known thief then, all because the good man suddenly turned criminal last year and has refused to return my money while the then criminal is now a good man.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Karemarealty288(m): 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
So Buhari should make up his mind for Tinubu abi?

10 Likes

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by nzeobi(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
Obasanjos successor yaradua is the best president we have had in this dispensation.

An honest and detribalized Nigeria.
Absolute Respect for the rule of law.
Institutional and electoral reforms.
Peace and justice for the Niger delta.

If yaradua was healthy and finished his tenure, we won't be where we are today

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by teejayreal(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
These people just talk as if they're talking babies. So obasanjo successor is why a big rice is over 30k now. All of you are just doing yourself

4 Likes

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by chukwuibuipob: 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
angry Pa Chemist dey talk nowadays shocked shocked undecided shocked.Well,make he dey await Pa Obj letter soon grin cheesy
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by festacman(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Obasanjo's selfish intention of wanting to compensate Yar'adua's family for the death of his bosom friend late Musa Yar'adua led to imposition of late Umaru Yar'adua as President of Nigeria. He had healthier and more capable candidates around to support but he allowed selfishness to becloud his sense of patriotism and rationality.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by BigDolph(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hmmm

1 Share

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by nkemoma(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Sai Baba
Sai Tinubu

Zoogeria
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by oyokometer(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by DMerciful(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Who is this Ogunlewe that has turned to parrot because of small incentive from bullion?

4 Likes

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by GboyegaD(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Ours is a politics of power and money deceit. The only concern about successor for us is someone who will not probe one's corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Aksnoopy: 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
Smh
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Childofaking: 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
Story !!!!!

You guys keep looking for excuses for the present disaster.

Was it Obasanjo's successor that installed Buhari ? Yar adua was better than Jonathan and thousands of miles ahead of Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Thanos5555: 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
angry
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
grin In your dreams ba undecided undecided
Me I dey Kampe cool

3 Likes

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
angry
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by chukwuibuipob: 4:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
sad OBJ is coming for him
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by seyz91(m): 4:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
You said it all
nzeobi:
Obasanjos successor yaradua is the best president we have had in this dispensation.

An honest and detribalized Nigeria.
Absolute Respect for the rule of law.
Institutional and electoral reforms.
Peace and justice for the Niger delta.

If yaradua was healthy and finished his tenure, we won't be where we are today
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by chukwuibuipob: 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
angry Pa Ogunlewe don take ikorodu grin snuff sad abi those pipu don give am meth grin.Yah Adua remain one of the best president but Ill health ruined thing
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by PHIPEX(m): 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
Because he gave us a terminally ill president. May we not have another terminally ill president in 2023

2 Likes

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Zico5(m): 4:15pm On Jan 24, 2022
Which regret!!! Maybe u don't know Obasanjo. There is no regret in his timetable. Nigeria politicians are greedy and self centered. They only care about themselves and nothing more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by freshkpomo(m): 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
when I saw OBJ talking on TV today, the first thing that came to my mind was that this man wish he could turn back the hands of time and be president again.. he looked like someone in deep regret.. our leader know they hurt us, they know they did not use their offices properly. But it's always too late for them... Now the cycle continues because we have some followers like Mrs Mannabbqgrill cheering them in evil.

Many will regret on their death bed!! When you are dying, it's like a movie.. your brain start flashing all the wrings you did.. it's inevitable!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by SarkinYarki: 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
The truth is no matter who OBJ gave Nigerians would have ended up electing Buhari one way or the other because of the the false myth they heard about him and if we didn't elect Buhari for 100 years Nigerians be like " only if they elected Buhari one naira will be equal to one dollar now "

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by Decryptor(m): 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
Do what is he trying to say? Yar'adua was the best president Nigerian has ever had.

Old age don dey affect this man brain. That is why we don't need another old morose to become president of our dear country.

#BOLA TINUBU WILL NEVER BECOME PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by jaxxy(m): 4:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
This one is just talking like a parrot for days now even on what he doesn’t understand.
Re: Ogunlewe: Obasanjo Regretting The Mistake He Made About A Successor In 2007 by skywalker240(m): 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
R

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody / Abdulmumuni Abiola: Nigeria Not Ripe For Youth President - MKO Abiola’s Son / Elisha Abbo: Court Admits CCTV Footage, Statements As Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.