Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power (649 Views)

Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner / All Christmas Celebrations Canceled In Burkina Faso After Terrorist Attack / Sudan Military Has Seized Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by Stone123(m): 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
The military in Burkina Faso says it has seized power and overthrown President Roch Kaboré.
The announcement was made on state television by an army officer, who said both the government and parliament had been dissolved.

Mr Kaboré's whereabouts are unclear, but the officer said that all those detained were in a secure location. The coup comes a day after troops seized barracks, and gunshots were heard in the capital. Earlier, the ruling People's Movement for Progress (PMP) party said that both Mr Kaboré and a government minister had survived an assassination attempt. On Sunday, mutinying troops demanded the sacking of military chiefs and more resources to fight Islamist militants. The army statement cited the worsening security situation and Mr Kabore's alleged inability to unite the nation as reasons for overthrowing him, AFP news agency reports.

Burkina Faso military says it has seized power https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-60118993
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by Kosoco(m): 7:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
Africa oh my Africa.
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by Penguin2: 7:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
The moment this president started trying those who killed Thomas Sankara in court, I knew he was going to have problem if he doesn’t watch his back.

Now they’ve taken him out.

I see the hand of France in this coup because the trial of Thomas Sankara murderers would have revealed a lot of France’s dirty involvement.

European countries should stop this neo-colonialism and let African countries be for goodness sake.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by helinues: 7:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
The president should also step down as the masses are against him.

Imagine someone that majority of people are protesting against and still instructing the security officers to use brutal force even for the fact that the demands for the protest are genuine.

Instead of the officers to follow his instructions, they turned against him instead. Karma is a bitch
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by BKayy: 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
Kosoco:
Africa oh my Africa.
Nothing worse than someone in deep shit but decides not to try something new.
What is your problem with the revolution?
Was Burkina Faso working before?

Every time there is a change to the normal pitiful existence of black Africans, motivational speakers will rise to discourage the change.
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by PrinceOfLagos: 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:
The president should also step down as the masses are against him.

Imagine someone that majority of people are protesting against and still instructing the security officers to use brutal force even for the fact that the demands for the protest are genuine.

Instead of the officers to follow his instructions, they turned against him instead. Karma is a bitch

If Na Nigeria, you will support the APC useless government

Even asslick them join

See how you're foaming from both side of the mouth

2 Likes

Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by helinues: 7:28pm On Jan 24, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

If Na Nigeria, you will support the government

No. Boko Haram existence for decades is due to the Lacuna in our Army, air force, Navy and Police..

Though things might have not been as expected since military vacated in Nigeria but at least there is progress

Btw, you do not have to be throwing tantrum all the time.

Catch up
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by PrinceOfLagos: 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:

No. Boko Haram existence for decades is due to the Lacuna in our Army, air force, Navy and Police..

Though things might have not been as expected since military vacated in Nigeria but at least there is progress

Btw, you do not have to be throwing tantrum all the time.

Catch up
Tell that to peeps that don't know you

I know you too well, N5000 is enough to buy your conscience
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by helinues: 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Tell that to peeps that don't know you

I know you too well, N5000 is enough to buy your conscience

Okay bye
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by PrinceOfLagos: 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
helinues:

Okay bye
Better off without you
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by owobokiri(m): 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
BKayy:

Every time there is a change to the normal pitiful existence of black Africans, motivational speakers will rise to discourage the change.

Very good response.
I have been reading a lot of crap here about how democracy is being messed up in West Africa bla bla bla bla. Is there any part of French West Africa that is democratic? Their governments are imposed by France. Colonialism is still on in these French speaking countries. Their fiscal and monetary policies are decided in France. Former french soldiers of West African descent are made presidents of their countries through spurious coups irrespective of the quality of education or knowledge. Gbagbo was removed because France disputed his elections results. But Quattarra imposed by France is now doing a third term!

It's all about looting these countries bare. Thier mineral resources are looted totally by french cooperations. Now done of these countries are fighting to free themselves. Trying to extricate themselves from french imperialism and ECOWAS is using the stupid arguments about democracy to defend the interest of France. It's sickening. I just hope that the leaders of these coups are more like Thomas Sankara and not like Campoare or Biya or Eyadema.. There are no success stories in French west Africa. All are basket cases. France is terrorizing these countries.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by Alarih(f): 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2022
The president should peacefully resolve everything
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by Kosoco(m): 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
BKayy:

You are as Dark as Hades.... must it come with Bloodshed.... But wait how did my comment amount to Motivational speaking.... so many people wallowing in ignorance or should I say youths that can't think.... do you know what an Axis of evil is... How is Coup d Et'at a yardstick to measure change in or new thing. Evaluate yourself Man.
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by BKayy: 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
owobokiri:

Very good response.
I have been reading a lot of crap here about how democracy is being messed up in West Africa bla bla bla bla. Is there any part of French West Africa that is democratic? Their governments are imposed by France. Colonialism is still on in these French speaking countries. Their fiscal and monetary policies are decided in France. Former french soldiers of West African descent are made presidents of their countries through spurious coups irrespective of the quality of education or knowledge. Gbagbo was removed because France disputed his elections results. But Quattarra imposed by France is now doing a third term!

It's all about looting these countries bare. Thier mineral resources are looted totally by french cooperations. Now done of these countries are fighting to free themselves. Trying to extricate themselves from french imperialism and ECOWAS is using the stupid arguments about democracy to defend the interest of France. It's sickening. I just hope that the leaders of these coups are more like Thomas Sankara and not like Campoare or Biya or Eyadema.. There are no success stories in French west Africa. All are basket cases. France is terrorizing these countries.
Sometimes I wonder between France and Britain which one is more Shameless.
These two countries literally live off Africa and they cunningly use our idiocy against us to tie us down. That idiocy is our stupid longing to be seen as civilised people by them.
As a practicing business oriented Igbo man, I will tell you the truth that the hardest person to deceive is someone that doesn't want to be seen as smart by anybody no matter his/her initial level of ignorance or smartness.

They always use it against us because we don't care to read their own history, how all of them freed themselves from Roman Empire which was the most civilised at their own time.
Their ancestors acted like mad people and that madness is what their children are enjoying today.

Look at Congo, the country blessed by God himself. A country that owns 90 percent of the resource of the future dying in poverty, instability and chaos just to satisfy European citizens undying quest to enjoy where they did not sow.

Let me stop here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by BKayy: 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
Kosoco:
You are as Dark as Hades.... must it come with Bloodshed.... But wait how did my comment amount to Motivational speaking.... so many people wallowing in ignorance or should I say youths that can't think.... do you know what an Axis of evil is... How is Coup d Et'at a yardstick to measure change in or new thing. Evaluate yourself Man.
Tell me when an oppressor has been told to leave and he says "alright I'll leave" and packs his bag and go.

Mtcheww... Black people sef
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by Kosoco(m): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
BKayy:

Tell me when an oppressor has been told to leave and he says "alright I'll leave" and packs his bag and go.

Mtcheww... Black people sef
lol angry angry angry grin grin Albino. Bro Coup is shameful and outdated.... don't they have process of impeachment bro Democracy is still the best
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by BKayy: 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
Kosoco:
lol angry angry angry grin grin Albino. Bro Coup is shameful and outdated.... don't they have process of impeachment bro Democracy is still the best
The time Britain rebelled against Roman Empire (AD 43-84), people said that rebellion is outdated, undemocratic and uncivilised manner of fighting for anything. Some asked why they didn't table it at Roman Court at Rome.

Sounds familiar?
Yes, because it is exactly like Biafra and British controlled Nigeria.

We are like this in Africa because we fail to ask questions, we fail to research and we fail to read the history of the people deceiving us.
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by owobokiri(m): 8:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
BKayy:

Sometimes I wonder between France and Britain which one is more Shameless.
These two countries literally live off Africa and they cunningly use our idiocy against us to tie us down. That idiocy is our stupid longing to be seen as civilised by them.
As a practicing business oriented Igbo man, I will tell you the truth that the hardest person to deceive is someone that doesn't want to be seen as smart by anybody no matter his/her initial level of ignorance or smartness.

They always use it against us because we don't care to read their own history, how all of them freed themselves from Roman Empire which was the most civilised at their own time of ignorance.
Their ancestors acted like mad people and that madness is what their children are enjoying today.

Look at Congo, the country blessed by God himself. A country that owns 90 percent of the resource of the future dying in poverty, instability and chaos just to satisfy European citizens undying quest to enjoy where they did not sow.

Let me stop here
Almost 6 million people killed in Congo because of her enermous minerals. Kabila killed because he refused to allow the multi nationals run riot. Today, western multi national companies fly directly into eastern Congo to loot everything in sight. They barely pay any royalties to the central government and if the Central government asks questions, a coup or an assassination happens. Africans don't understand the enermousity of western imperialistic agenda in this continent.
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by mytime24(f): 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
From Mali to Burkina faso

Which west Africa country go b next!!!
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by baralatie(m): 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
Penguin2:
The moment this president started trying those who killed Thomas Sankara in court, I knew he was going to have problem if he doesn’t watch his back.

Now they’ve taken him out.

I see the hand of France in this coup because the trial of Thomas Sankara murderers would have revealed a lot of France’s dirty involvement.

European countries should stop this neo-colonialism and let African countries be for goodness sake.
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by baralatie(m): 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
mytime24:
From Mali to Burkina faso

Which west Africa country go b next!!!
I think Mali is a big influence in bukina Faso coup
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by baralatie(m): 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2022
Kosoco:
If Mali is a next door neighbor then coup can be contagious
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by baralatie(m): 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2022
Alarih:
The president should peacefully resolve everything
It would mean him looking the other way but it is too late when you look at it's neighbor mali
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by baralatie(m): 9:53pm On Jan 24, 2022
Burkina Faso is bounded by Mali to the north and west, Niger to the northeast, Benin to the southeast, and Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, and Togo to the south.14 Dec 2021
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by baralatie(m): 9:54pm On Jan 24, 2022
Interestingly interesting
Re: Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power by Kosoco(m): 5:39am On Jan 25, 2022
BKayy:

The time Britain rebelled against Roman Empire (AD 43-84), people said that rebellion is outdated, undemocratic and uncivilised manner of fighting for anything. Some asked why they didn't table it at Roman Court at Rome.

Sounds familiar?
Yes, because it is exactly like Biafra and British controlled Nigeria.

We are like this in Africa because we fail to ask questions, we fail to research and we fail to read the history of the people deceiving us.
you are not completely correct on that British conquest

(1) (Reply)

US Sanctions Russian PM And Putin’s ‘adult Children’ / Beautiful Cities Of Russia. / Putin Loses Two More Colonels In Ukraine War, Plus "Best" Paratrooper Commander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.