Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1224744 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2022
If you nor get TB you nor get be that no worry yourself but likely you will get an Abnormal chest result cause smoking scars the lungs but shouldn't be an issue if you don't have TB which the certification is all about ...my thoughts ooo before den go wan crucify me here cheesy cheesy cheesy

Realshima88:

This TB test don dey fear me ooh.. chai. Bin smoking for long.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sunky2sweet(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2022
jum33:
Is it compulsory I must physically go to my bank to request for my pof stamped and signed statement of account ? What about if my bank offer online signed and stamped statement that I can easily generate via online platform,it available on gtbank, is it acceptable .
No!!! print the one online as long as it comes with a stamp,signature and a disclaimer you are good to go, otherwise you have to walk in and request.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Polithiefcian(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2022
Good morning,

My employment reference letters are addressed to British High Commission, Ikeja Lagos.

Is it possible to submit those documents for Victoria island TLS or Abuja TLS, considering the crowds and longer date for Ikeja Tls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2022
1. SOA was from POF merchants a.k.a bankers
2. HC was able to confirm that the SOA was not genuine after contacting the bank directly

emandman:

In my opinion,I think the person that started this discussion did not give complete information as to what constitutes the "Fake" account his talking about.
Is it a completely doctored statement?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2022
Davidandgo:

It’s TLS Ikeja.

Don’t know about Ikeja allowing walk-in for now.
If you in Lagos, why not get to Ikeja to find things out and strategise on ways to get MA do the biometrics with everyone on the 30th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Afmaag123: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2022
This is very incorrect.
AlphaUno:

Yes, bank statements from a particular bank(s) can be flagged especially if they noticed visa applicants presenting fake statements from same bank within a period of time.
So, even if an individual presents genuine statements from such bank(s), if care isn’t taken, such person can be unfortunate.
So, technically a bank can be blacklisted.
It happened to a bank that echoes in late 2021

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Realshima88: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2022
bigtt76:
If you nor get TB you nor get be that no worry yourself but likely you will get an Abnormal chest result cause smoking scars the lungs but shouldn't be an issue if you don't have TB which the certification is all about ...my thoughts ooo before den go wan crucify me here cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks bros. Hmmmm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Afmaag123: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2022
Expiring date is in July and she used it already for her application meaning it wasnt expired as at the time of use.
AlphaUno:

You can’t upload an expired test certificate to UKVI during visa application, if it has expired before then
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ace0074: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2022
Ace0074:
Good afternoon everyone. Please is there anyone that has been debited recently from access bank for form A

Anyone??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by TeamLagos147: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2022
Thanks for all your inputs on this thread, it's been really helpful.

Please I need to confirm if my sister in the UK can pay my school fees deposit on my behalf? I'm trying to avoid this recent Form A delays. Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ace0074: 10:49am On Jun 21, 2022
TeamLagos147:

Please I need to confirm if my sister in the UK can pay my school fees deposit on my behalf? I'm trying to avoid this recent Form A delays. Thanks!

Yes she can pay for you

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Masters77: 10:50am On Jun 21, 2022
tonero230:

Payment details should be on your offer letter nah

It wasn't. They only gave link to pay online. Searching the website for the detail also yielded no results.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by rumuseh14: 10:52am On Jun 21, 2022
Thank you!!

I have already established contact with them and they said they are waiting for approval. Hoping to get a reply from them soon.

Appreciate you!!

dealsdetails1
post=114000927:

If you were a contract staff, please get reference from your outsourcing company rather than the bank. In case UKVi contacts the bank for verification, the bank might not be able to verify you since you were a contract staff

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by toxxyn: 10:53am On Jun 21, 2022
Hello gurus in the house,

Please who has recently paid for the visa fee and IHS using the Barter Virtual Dollar Card. I just want to confirm if it is a reliable means of payment.

Seconly, on statement of account, which is most preferred either to print the statement of account from GTB online platform, scan and upload on UK website OR make use of the SEND ACCOUNT STATEMENT TO EMBASSY option on their platform to send the statement directly OR both.

Please note that my POF is in my GTB account.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 11:06am On Jun 21, 2022
eluquenson:
Pure lies, banks don't get blacklisted but rather the applicant that uses a fake SOA get banned.
That was how some unscrupulous and mischievous Nigerians posted in a telegram group that Globus bank has issue with UKVI due to POF, but i used Globus bank for my dependents and they got their visa last month

BLACKLIST
a list of people, organisations, countries, etc. who are considered by a particular AUTHORITY or GROUP to be unacceptable and who should be avoided and not TRUSTED

Above is the Cambridge’s dictionary definition of blacklist.
Any person, organisation or country can blacklist another person, organisation, countries etc even when they are not a regulatory body.
Blacklisting is a subjective and personal action.
People should avoid mixing it with any other punitive measures by regulatory authorities.

UKVI isn’t regulating the said bank(s) but just sending out a message that the bank(s) should put their houses in order. This usually happens when fake statements becomes rampant with a particular bank within a period of time.

For example in my organisation, top management can decide to blacklist a bank or some customers and not do business with them again until relationships are regularised.

It happened with Stanbic during the xenophobic attacks - it was a silent move and you won’t even notice if you are not sensitive. Every financial transaction stopped with Stanbic and were diverted to other banks while management was contemplating moving the funds already in that account. A month after the noise and attacks died down, management issued another memo and the Stanbic account was reactivated.

In the issue of Globus bank you mentioned, that may have happened even if your people were given visa - the blacklist could have happened for a short period and relationship regularised.
The point is you may not know if you are not an industry stakeholder or watcher.

We are here to learn - so keep an open mind and question what seems foreign to you but don’t say it’s a lie just because you don’t have in-depth knowledge about the topic.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 11:09am On Jun 21, 2022
bigtt76:
Pls just ignore them, tired of explaining.

Would have loved to leave them but I feel it’s a duty to educate them. They are confusing blacklisting as if it’s one big deal to blacklist people.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by rumuseh14: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2022
I am in this same stage as well. Can we connect so that I can be updated. My POF matures July 7th of July.

ignis:
Please what is the interval of time between application and biometric date.
My POF will complete 28 days on the 12th of July, and my resumption is this September.
Please when is the best time to apply so I can be captured on 12th or 23th July for biometric?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 11:18am On Jun 21, 2022
Afmaag123:
This is very incorrect.

You are very wrong!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 11:19am On Jun 21, 2022
I understand but you can't change their understanding and so as not to derail the thread ...joooor cheesy

AlphaUno:

Would have loved to leave them but I feel it’s a duty to educate them. They are confusing blacklisting as if it’s one big deal to blacklist people.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 11:20am On Jun 21, 2022
Afmaag123:
Expiring date is in July and she used it already for her application meaning it wasnt expired as at the time of use.

Dem send you come abi na you send yourself come?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 11:20am On Jun 21, 2022
TeamLagos147:

YES

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bhoyo: 11:20am On Jun 21, 2022
Congratulations!
Please can you share the financial consent letter. Pls I need a sample.
Thanks

MrsLins:
VISA ALERT!!!!

Family of Four

Biometrics: 9th May 2022
No NSF
Paid Mail 9th June 2022, decision has been made.
Collection mail for parents : 15th June 2022
Visa picked up 16th June 2022

Collection mail for kids: 17th June 2022

Documents submitted:

Main applicant: University Certificate, Bank statement, WAEC certificate, University Transcript, Marriage Certificate, TB test certificate.

Spouse dependant: Bank statement, Marriage Certificate, TB Test Certificate, Financial consent letter.

Children: Birth Certificate, Bank Statement, TB Test Certificate, Family Pictures, Consent Letter.

What God cannot do does not exist!!!!

Thank you so much to everyone that contributes to the flow of information and takes time to answer people’s questions here. You guys are the real MVPs!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ignis: 11:33am On Jun 21, 2022
rumuseh14:
I am in this same stage as well. Can we connect so that I can be updated. My POF matures July 7th of July.

Sure... I sent you a dm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cashmadam: 11:40am On Jun 21, 2022
[quote author=TeamLagos147 post=114009659]Thanks for all your inputs on this thread, it's been really helpful.

Please I need to confirm if my sister in the UK can pay my school fees deposit on my behalf? I'm trying to avoid this recent Form A delays. Thanks! [/q

Yes, she can!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Greathand01: 11:50am On Jun 21, 2022
Good afternoon o.. please I moved the entire funds to my account for POF yesterday and after transferring, it's showing -13m, please what might be wrong, and I have been debited on the other account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 11:51am On Jun 21, 2022
protocol:
Thanks bro. can this be done here in ikeja?

I’m not sure about Ikeja allowing walk-in
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Afmaag123: 11:52am On Jun 21, 2022
A friend sent this to me. She's the main applicant n left early this year. She is filling for her hubby n kids now. What can she answer to this?.
I told her No but asked her to wait for confirmation.
Then can she use her school address for them cos of their BRP

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 11:54am On Jun 21, 2022
Greathand01:
Good afternoon o.. please I moved the entire funds to my account for POF yesterday and after transferring, it's showing -13m, please what might be wrong, and I have been debited on the other account.

It’s better you get in touch with your bank to know what’s up. You know all these CBN rules
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Greathand01: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
Thank you boss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by pukka5050: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good morning all. Please, I don't know if this is the right channel to do this, I want to make few enquiries about UK student visa.

I'm about to start the whole process but my International passport expires next month, July. My passport has issue of date of birth, I never mind all these years. Since I want to start student UK visa process now, I want to know if the issue of wrong date of birth on the passport won't have any negative effect. I have correct date of birth on my WAEC result which I intend to use for the school admission. It is only year of birth that has issue on the passport, the day and month are correct.

Gurus in the house that have gone through this process or have similar experience, I need your advise.

Kindly help a brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.