Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (995) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1216253 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by femredhead: 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
uchman:

Can one apply for Visa with passport that will expire on Dec 17?

If it's September admission, you can.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
uchman:

Can i apply for Visa with passport that will expire on Dec 17?
yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kellyd2: 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
medicine98:
VISA ALERT

We serve a living God.

My wife: MA
Myself and a child: Dependants

Submission of Application: 01/07/22
Biometrics: 08/07/22
Application transferred to DMC: 08/07/22
Application transferred to VAC: 28/07/22
Application received by VAC: 28/07/22
Collection mail by VI TLC: 28/07/22
Passport collection: 28/07/22

Documents submitted for MA
HND certificate/Transcript
Postgraduate Diploma certificate/Transcript
MSc certificate/Transcript
WAEC
POF.....2 banks
Affidavit of change of name
Marriage certificate
Employment history
Family pictures
Tb test certificate
Travel history to USA and Canada
Unconditional offer letter
International passport

For Spouse
International Passport
Tb test certificate
Letter of consent-financial evidence
Family pictures
Marriage certificate
Church wedding certificate

For Child
International Passport
Birth certificate
Tb test certificate
Letter of consent for child's visa
Family pictures
Immunization records
School fees receipts
Travel history to Canada

I didn't upload POF for dependents and forgot to download, fill, sign and upload the online consent letters. I was afraid when I read here that those two mistakes are enough grounds for refusal. I read this part 7 everyday from page 1. But we really prayed that we don't want any NSF.

Congratulations. God is faithful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by CowbellY: 9:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
uchman:

Can i apply for Visa with passport that will expire on Dec 17?

It's not advisable as by the time you'll get your passport back, you'll have less than 6 months from the travel date to expiry.

However if you can apply and get a second passport. You can use both by the time you travel.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abuhusna1: 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2022
uchman:

When will your passport expire, mine will be by Dec 17 and I have decided to defer to January session because of my passport, I went to renew and they told me that there is no booklet...
It expires Dec 22 but I got visa with it and along the line the new one came out so I have cancelled the old passport that has my visa. So I will combine both together on boarding day.
Please don't defer your admission if everything is ready. Your vignette is just 3 months stamp and your biometric will carry 1 year validity. Go and renew in London don't allow nigeria immigration waste your time I spent close to 350k in total to get my passport they said it failed quality control . Uk does not operate like Europe that wants 6 months validity for passport. As long as your passport not expired you will enter

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by femredhead: 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2022
abuhusna1:

It's expires Dec 22 but I got visa with it and along the line the new one came out so I have cancelled the old passport that has my visa. So I will combine both together on boarding day.
Please don't defer your admission if everything is ready. Your vignette is just 3 months stamp and your biometric will carry 1 year validity. Go and renew in London don't allow nigeria immigration waste your time. *Uk does not operate like Europe for 6 onto validity.* As long as you passport not expired you will enter

True talk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abuhusna1: 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2022
@uchman, the only time I can say you defer it is when your school request that you should renew as part of condition to meet before they issue cas.
I have seen university of east london requested the student renew his passport before they can issue his cas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by pramil: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2022
Good day nairalanders
Please how long does it take for RGU refund. Got a mail today that my application is unsuccessful based on statement of purpose that they don't believe I will be able to successfully pass UKVI credibility interview in order to secure a student route visa. Please how do I go about the refund.
Thanks...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by lightofjoy(m): 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2022
Hello house, pls to apply for form A, what do I need?
Do I need my unconditional offer letter or what do i need to take to the bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
pramil:
Good day nairalanders
Please how long does it take for RGU refund. Got a mail today that my application is unsuccessful based on statement of purpose that they don't believe I will be able to successfully pass UKVI credibility interview in order to secure a student route visa. Please how do I go about the refund.
Thanks...
you should be speaking with the school to ask them this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by NaughtyBrainiac: 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
pramil:
Good day nairalanders
Thanks...

I am sorry to hear this, I know how painful it could be.

Were you given up to 3 attempts to rewrite the SOP?

If yes, maybe you should have sought help/guidance, I wrote SOP for one RGU applicant about 2 months ago.

As for refund, please see below:

How to Request a Refund
To request a refund you should email the Student Finance Department:

studentfinance@rgu.ac.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by pramil: 10:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
Thank you so much
It was just 2 attempts

NaughtyBrainiac:

I am sorry to hear this, I know how painful it could be.

Were you given up to 3 attempts to rewrite the SOP?

If yes, maybe you should have sought help/guidance, I wrote SOP for one RGU applicant about 2 months ago.

As for refund, please see below:

How to Request a Refund
To request a refund you should email the Student Finance Department:

studentfinance@rgu.ac.uk

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by pramil: 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
Okay..thank you

giselle237:
you should be speaking with the school to ask them this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by BStrands(f): 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2022
Hello guys!
Pls is it compulsory to have a marriage affidavit?? We have a mosque wedding certificate and both of us have different surnames.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Visionare: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2022
Please, has UWL acknowledged your payment and have you received your CAS?

I just paid GBP 10250 to UWL but I paid directly through my dorm account to the school because of time.

Form A is better as it’s more affordable. Hope yours has gone through?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cjaylawson: 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2022
My dependants biometric is on Monday while mine is on Friday can dependant do their biometric before the MA cos I want to avoid dat 42k for Walk in if possible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Chinlin: 11:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
Teezee22:
I got the same for schengen visa nd mine was just 12days which was more than enough as a tourist. I visited france nd greece and I enjoyed myself. Is it not better than refusing you the visa?
Did you book an actual flight ticket? Or you just made a reservation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by okonja(m): 11:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
BStrands:
Hello guys!
Pls is it compulsory to have a marriage affidavit?? We have a mosque wedding certificate and both of us have different surnames.

Don't worry much, anything else to proof your Union(relationship) is accepted. (WhatsApp chat screenshot, hotel bills, flight ticket, family pictures) all are accepted. You can go and do marriage certificate when you get to UK.

Cjaylawson:
My dependants biometric is on Monday while mine is on Friday can dependant do their biometric before the MA cos I want to avoid dat 42k for Walk in if possible

Try to be monitoring the TLS portal for possible amendment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sitcom101: 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2022
congratulations!!!

medicine98:
VISA ALERT

We serve a living God.

My wife: MA
Myself and a child: Dependants

Submission of Application: 01/07/22
Biometrics: 08/07/22
Application transferred to DMC: 08/07/22
Application transferred to VAC: 28/07/22
Application received by VAC: 28/07/22
Collection mail by VI TLC: 28/07/22
Passport collection: 28/07/22

Documents submitted for MA
HND certificate/Transcript
Postgraduate Diploma certificate/Transcript
MSc certificate/Transcript
WAEC
POF.....2 banks
Affidavit of change of name
Marriage certificate
Employment history
Family pictures
Tb test certificate
Unconditional offer letter
International passport

For Spouse
International Passport
Tb test certificate
Family pictures
Marriage certificate
Church wedding certificate

For Child
International Passport
Birth certificate
Tb test certificate
Letter of consent for child's visa
Family pictures
Immunization records
School fees receipts
Travel history to Canada

I didn't upload POF for dependents and forgot to download, fill, sign and upload the online consent letters. I was afraid when I read here that those two mistakes are enough grounds for refusal. I read this part 7 everyday from page 1. But we really prayed that we don't want any NSF.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by AlphaUno: 12:00am On Jul 30, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

@the bolded again is the conversation we are trying to discourage here

Cheers

As you can clearly see, being sanctimonious after going down same Lane is a waste of time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by BStrands(f): 12:06am On Jul 30, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by BStrands(f): 12:07am On Jul 30, 2022
Thank you!

For the WhatsApp chats are we supposed to do the screenshots or can just export the chats?

okonja:

Don't worry much, anything else to proof your Union(relationship) is accepted. (WhatsApp chat screenshot, hotel bills, flight ticket, family pictures) all are accepted. You can go and do marriage certificate when you get to UK.

Try to be monitoring the TLS portal for possible amendment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Lekeleke2022: 12:11am On Jul 30, 2022
bigtt76:
Did you formally inform your school on this backed by your numerous correspondences with the UKVI especially when you sited the error?

What was the error - cos I noticed you mentioned visa issued May 13 and if that is the case, your school may have gotten notification on this issuance date and may be received your BRP on your behalf.

Also, when was the initial resumption date for your school before the final resumption date? It would be good to know more so we can advise you.

Yea I did inform my school about delay in the Visa issuance and I even added several mail conversations I had with UKVI

It was Home-office who explained in the mail they sent to me a week before picking up my passport explaining what went wrong. Visa was initially issued May 13 but wasn’t passed to VAC due to administrative oversight like they claimed so they had to reissue another one July 15 to expire October 13

The school Initial resumption date was April 19 so most of us who were awaiting visa continued with online lectures which later stopped first week in July. The school shifted the resumption date on several occasions (May 6, May 30, June 30 and finally July 5) I kept on updating them on this delay and I also sent several paid to UKVI pleading with them but they didn’t escalate until July 2

I already called the school yesterday via Skype but was advised that getting a fast response warrant me sending a mail directly to the admission team which have done on a daily basis since Wednesday. Have copied virtually everybody I needed to in the mail but yet to get a response. Have also sent mail to home-office too on Wednesday explaining to them the situation on ground since they gave me option of review if I wasn’t satisfied with the outcome

Have now resorted to sending someone to the school on my behalf

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by okonja(m): 12:30am On Jul 30, 2022
BStrands:
Thank you!

For the WhatsApp chats are we supposed to do the screenshots or can just export the chats?

Enough screenshot that you can just arrange to fill up 1 or 2 A4 pages.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by BStrands(f): 12:40am On Jul 30, 2022
Thank you!

okonja:

Enough screenshot that you can just arrange to fill up 1 or 2 A4 pages.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by lavida001: 1:55am On Jul 30, 2022
@duchess90

Hi what should one look out for when searching for accommodation. Mind you I’m a student with dependent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ajokuraph: 3:09am On Jul 30, 2022
Hi guys, I got my biometrics appointment on the 1st of August but I’ve recently logged in now to print and I am no longer seeing an appointment date set to my application. I’m worried I might not do my biometrics on Monday. What should I do?next available appointment is on 22nd August which isn’t favorable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by jum33: 3:28am On Jul 30, 2022
Hello family ,for those that have made use of turkish airline to get to Machester ,is it compulsory for a nigerian to get a turkey transit visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by CowbellY: 3:47am On Jul 30, 2022
Cjaylawson:

Main applicant should do first. Keep checking TLS site for earlier dates.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by CowbellY: 3:48am On Jul 30, 2022
jum33:
Hello family ,for those that have made use of turkish airline to get to Machester ,is it compulsory for a nigerian to get a turkey transit visa

No. You do not need a transit visa with Turkish airlines.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by CowbellY: 3:49am On Jul 30, 2022
Ajokuraph:
Hi guys, I got my biometrics appointment on the 1st of August but I’ve recently logged in now to print and I am no longer seeing an appointment date set to my application. I’m worried I might not do my biometrics on Monday. What should I do?next available appointment is on 22nd August which isn’t favorable.

Are you sure you confirmed your appointment ? Or perhaps you tried to purchase a product and that made them drop your appointment ? I'm sorry, there's really nothing one can do except to advice you to just try checking for earlier dates again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.