Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

What Do You Do With A Child Who Is Not Good Academically? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do You Do With A Child Who Is Not Good Academically? (1895 Views)

Students Who Do These 5 Things Will Succeed Academically - INFOGRAPHIC / Why Is Northern Nigeria So Backward Academically? / Edu Hack:things You Do/did To Excel Academically! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do With A Child Who Is Not Good Academically? by omoge(f): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2007
what is the best thing to do with a child who is not doing well in school?

my friend's son is 17years old and not doing well in school. i really wondered how they got him into jr secondary school even though he can't read or write. he has repeated that class now 2ice. yet everyone is forcing the child to continue. in 2003, he said he wants to do a vocational work. they rejected it and asked him to go to school.

what is the best thing to do in this kind of situation?
send him to boarding school?
allow him to do a vocational job he said he wants to do?

he is been force and i have to advice my friend to allow him follow his heart but she is confused what to do too.

please let's hear your take.
Re: What Do You Do With A Child Who Is Not Good Academically? by Seun(m): 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2007
Let him do what he wants to do. His mind is no longer in the studies; maybe he's unable to cope. People should be allowed to do what they want to do as much as possible. Let him do what he wants to do oga. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do With A Child Who Is Not Good Academically? by tokchic(f): 8:23am On Aug 01, 2007
let him do what he wants and his parents should encourage him to do things he wants to do ,manipulation is not the best answer to his situation ,his parents need to let him do what his heart contents and they should invest in bank of encouragement because he is probably going to take new decisions everytime that his parents might not think is appropriate to their society but it might be a decision that will build his future like that of his mates so,he should be given a chance to make academic decisions for himself and they should be wiling to accept it and encourage him ,he might not be good academically but give him a chance to prove his ability with pratical courses.
motivate,encourage,communicate .
Re: What Do You Do With A Child Who Is Not Good Academically? by nossycheek(f): 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2007
Let him learn a trade or anything after his heart. Afterall, he can learn a trade and be better off
Re: What Do You Do With A Child Who Is Not Good Academically? by macro: 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2007
i have seen cases like this one. forceful pple.
Re: What Do You Do With A Child Who Is Not Good Academically? by Ndipe(m): 3:53am On Sep 16, 2016
Have him tested to see if he has dyslexia. Google it for more information.
Re: What Do You Do With A Child Who Is Not Good Academically? by GdexFolami(m): 6:16am On Sep 16, 2016
To me o I think he is lazy ni or his mind no dy wetn he dey do.which foolish vocational job he wan do.who vocational job epp,collect lesson teacher for him,make him read evry day thou bit by bit and then check whether he improves or not.and re u sure he isnt a slowpoke cus if hes complete he should b able to improve.nothing good comes easy or maybe the fault z frm his primary background.so many reasons but i do not concur with you saying he should go for vocational job,can you allow your son to leave school in this era and go learn trade.hit 'like' if you concur with me,thankGOD its friday. Cc; lasticlacla

(1) (Reply)

Accounting Systems And Ghost Workers Syndrome In Nigeria / Apply For Shell Undergraduate Scholarship 2012 / He Died After His Final Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.