Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce (1176 Views)

Dad Sends His Wife Hilarious Photos Everytime She Asks If The Kids Are Okay / Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts / Medical Doctor Dumps Wife And Kids After Sex Romp With ‘cele’ Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Imustreturn(m): 2:08pm On Jan 25, 2022
So this persons marriage just went sour, and the man is requesting for the bride price refund. They have 3 kids. She's asking that if they refund the bride price, who should have the kids?

She's Reading in comment section.
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Ahmed0336(m): 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2022
Let the wife have them.

He should take his children responsibilities like feeding, school, shelter and health.

They can visit him during holidays.

How hard can this be? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Ybaby: 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ahmed0336:
Let the wife have them.

He should take his children responsibilities like feeding, school, shelter and health.

They can visit him during holidays.

How hard can this be? undecided

Simple logic!!
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
.... Very simple. Joint custody will be an ideal thing to do.so that no one feels cheated. And also for the children to feel the impact of both parents.
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by faithfull18(f): 3:09pm On Jan 25, 2022
Nairalanders and understanding are far apart. The question is if the man collects the bride price he paid back, do the children still belong to him

3 Likes

Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Nisiw365: 3:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
faithfull18:
Nairalanders and understanding are far apart. The question is if the man collects the bride price he paid back, do the children still belong to him
You are the one who doesnt understand. The question is who would be in the custody of the kids

1 Like

Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
faithfull18:
grin
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by socialmediaman: 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
faithfull18:

The bride price was for the woman not the kids. She didn’t come into the marriage with the kids, did she?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
socialmediaman:

The bride price was for the woman not the kids. She didn’t come into the marriage with the kids, did she?
The kids are a product of the marriage, they came as a result of the man paying the bride price for the woman, didn't they? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by babyfaceafrica: 3:33pm On Jan 25, 2022
Which kain topic be this?
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by socialmediaman: 3:38pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The kids are a product of the marriage, they came as a result of the man paying the bride price for the woman, didn't they? undecided

Sigh. Boyfriends and girlfriends also have kids without bride price. Bride price repayment means she’s no longer his wife, has nothing to do with kids

3 Likes

Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by faithfull18(f): 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Nisiw365:
You are the one who doesnt understand. The question is who would be in the custody of the kids
I doubt that's the question as it's common sense to let the kids stay with their mother while the father offers support in every way needed unless the woman is mentally unstable and has other things that makes her unfit.

The OP should know this I believe, so why would he come on here to ask again
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Jan 25, 2022
socialmediaman:
Sigh. Boyfriends and girlfriends also have kids without bride price. Bride price repayment means she’s no longer his wife, has nothing to do with kids
Sure single folks can and do have kids, but the bride price was paid in particular so the kids could be of the marriage - the children who result from that contract are of that marriage. . undecided
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by faithfull18(f): 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
socialmediaman:

From what I heard, according to the Igbo culture, if you get a lady pregnant without paying her bride price, the child(ren) she bears belongs to her father right.

Now, the man wants to collect the bride price, I think this is where the OP's question is coming from.
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Nisiw365: 4:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
faithfull18:

I doubt that's the question as it's common sense to let the kids stay with their mother while the father offers support in every way needed unless the woman is mentally unstable and has other things that makes her unfit.

The OP should know this I believe, so why would he come on here to ask again
In some cases, one or two children stays with the father depending on responsbility of parents
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Saintmary(f): 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2022
faithfull18:

From what I heard, according to the Igbo culture, if you get a lady pregnant without paying her bride price, the child(ren) she bears belongs to her father right.

Now, the man wants to collect the bride price, I think this is where the OP's question is coming from.

I see some commenters shifting goal post.

If repaying bride price means the lady is no longer married. i.e. marriage annulled, then the kids belong to the lady's family. Back to square one.
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2022
faithfull18:

....Wrong.
Collecting of pride price is just to enable the woman remarry again if she so wishes.

Without the man collecting his bride price,the woman is still his wife and cannot remarry
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
Saintmary:

I see some commenters shifting goal post.

If repaying bride price means the lady is no longer married. i.e. marriage annulled, then the kids belong to the lady's family. Back to square one.
.....Smh. It's just for her to be able to remarry. It doesn't concern the kids.

The children still belongs to both.

2 Likes

Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Saintmary(f): 4:26pm On Jan 25, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Smh. It's just for her to be able to remarry. It doesn't concern the kids.

The children still belongs to both.

Of course all kids belong to God and both parents.

People should stop using kids as weapon in their wars.

But I still maintain that if the man returns the bride price, he should just face front.
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by socialmediaman: 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2022
faithfull18:

The court will have to make that determination if it goes to them, but traditionally, married or unmarried, the children default to the man, who is ideally the welfare provider. The bride price repayment is just a fulfillment of the divorce process so that the woman can go ahead and live her own separate life or remarry

1 Like

Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Saintmary:

Of course all kids belong to God and both parents.

People should stop using kids as weapon in their wars.

But I still maintain that if the man returns the bride price, he should just face front.
... That's what you want but it's not what's obtainable.
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Saintmary(f): 5:02pm On Jan 25, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
... That's what you want but it's not what's obtainable.

You're funny. I don't have a say in this matter.
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
See the way we're commenting as if the kids are properties that one can just have undecided..

Well..
The kids are a product of their union and thus both parties must take responsibility for them even if they're no more a part of that Union...
Thus, they should both have shared custody to those kids...
Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by greenie77: 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
The refund of the bride price, signifies the end of the marriage and the woman is free to re-marry if she chooses to but it does not in anyway dissolve the parental rights and obligations of both parents towards their children.

1 Like

Re: Ex Wife Asking Who Should Have The Kids After Divorce by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2022
If she won carry the kids, she should go ahead. nah she go suffer am provided she wouldn't disturb me for school fees or feeding money. Bride price indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are You, Dolapo? / Man Sues To Have Fiancee's Last Name / Househelp Gives Kids Hiv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.