Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,918 members, 7,835,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

What Is Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Marriage? (718 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Marriage? by Energy48(m): 11:54am On Jun 21, 2011
Christians should note that intimate (sex) relationship with someone is what constitutes as marriage between a man and a woman, so says the Bible. A piece of paper denoting marriage is a Western idea that is touted as a biblical teaching. Thus it is offensive to God to teach Western tradition as biblical teachings. In fact this replacement theology which contaminates the Biblical truth is what has led to the explosion of promiscuity in society. People feel they can sleep around and as long as there is no piece of paper (marriage certificate) they are not responsible for their actions. Nowhere in the Bible is such a thing allowed among God's people. So please take note; when you sleep with someone, according to the Bible that person automatically becomes your wife or husband. People operating outside of the Biblical teaching can claim they are Christians but the Bible makes it clear, they are not. God REJECTS such people and denotes them as children of the Devil.
Re: What Is Marriage? by xynerise: 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2011
*yawns heavily* undecided
Re: What Is Marriage? by Energy48(m): 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2011
LOL! The TRUTH is too much for you to deal with huh? Go to sleep if you can't deal with it.
Re: What Is Marriage? by N101: 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2011
Energy48:

Christians should note that intimate (sex) relationship with someone is what constitutes as marriage between a man and a woman, so says the Bible. A piece of paper denoting marriage is a Western idea that is touted as a biblical teaching. Thus it is offensive to God to teach Western tradition as biblical teachings. In fact this replacement theology which contaminates the Biblical truth is what has led to the explosion of promiscuity in society. People feel they can sleep around and as long as there is no piece of paper (marriage certificate) they are not responsible for their actions. Nowhere in the Bible is such a thing allowed among God's people. So please take note; when you sleep with someone, according to the Bible that person automatically becomes your wife or husband. People operating outside of the Biblical teaching can claim they are Christians but the Bible makes it clear, they are not. God REJECTS such people and denotes them as children of the Devil.

You've got it wrong.

Marriage has existed in a number of forms over generations and across cultures. That commitment was reflected in a number of ways; in some cultures it was represented by jewellery, property or tokens.  Our modern-day equivalent is a marriage certificate.  Even traditional marriages can get that same piece of paper.  It is about the state recognition of a couple's relationship, not so-called Western biblical teaching.

There is no such thing as "Western tradition in biblical teachings".  Even if there is, we have the capability to translate from the original text into our own vernacular, we don't need so-called "Westerners" to do it for us.  We know the right thing to do morally and culturally, even if we don't do it.

If you've read your bible properly, a lot of what has been translated comes from Middle Eastern and Jewish perspectives, even down to the Trinity. So the roots of Christianity are not Western in any way.  I'm sure you're one of those people who believe you hold all truth and anything else is from the devil right?
Re: What Is Marriage? by Energy48(m): 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2011
N101:

You've got it wrong.

Marriage has existed in a number of forms over generations and across cultures. That commitment was reflected in a number of ways; in some cultures it was represented by jewellery, property or tokens.  Our modern-day equivalent is a marriage certificate.  Even traditional marriages can get that same piece of paper.  It is about the state recognition of a couple's relationship, not so-called Western biblical teaching.

There is no such thing as "Western tradition in biblical teachings".  Even if there is, we have the capability to translate from the original text into our own vernacular, we don't need so-called "Westerners" to do it for us.  We know the right thing to do morally and culturally, even if we don't do it.

If you've read your bible properly, a lot of what has been translated comes from Middle Eastern and Jewish perspectives, even down to the Trinity. So the roots of Christianity are not Western in any way.  I'm sure you're one of those people who believe you hold all truth and anything else is from the devil right?

I am NOT talking about what different cultures did to signify marriage between man and woman. My point is to do with how Africans who have embraced the Christian faith marry believing that what they do is from the Bible and thus ordained by God. That is what I'm talking about.

What you have to address is whether what I've said is contrary to what the Bible teaches. You will find everything I've said is exactly what is in the Bible. Rather it is what many so-called Christians do which is contrary to biblical teaching but rather based on western tradition.

If we want to worship God, we have to go by what the Bible teaches and not what the white man tells us. Because if we do things based on western Culture and regard it as Christian, then the God we worship is the white man and not the God of the Bible.
Re: What Is Marriage? by Energy48(m): 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2011
N101 I will also suggest you should read http://mawuvi.com/sample-pages and know your[b] true identity[/b] before dismissing the Bible as a foreign culture.

I am happy to tell you the Bible was written by the ancestors of many Southern Nigerians. I take it you don't know this so read the link and educate yourself  on who we are.

(1) (Reply)

Does Our Parent Have Legal Right To Reject A Partner They Dont Like? / Hggilng / What Do U Mis About Childhood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.