Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,264 members, 7,846,241 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky (45842 Views)

Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS / An Overview Of Dangote Refinery Plant In Lagos - Video And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by JAMO84: 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Lol rescue Indeed, And he will eventually Sell for N600 per litre. You zombies suffering Just dey start. Make una wait till after 2023 election.....
We also suffer your PDP wailing period, time to suffer APC too. But a jobless wailing loser like you will suffer more.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 26, 2022
JAMO84:
[s]We also suffer your PDP wailing period, time to suffer APC too. But a jobless wailing loser like you will suffer more.[/s]

Ode, Go through my posts. I don't do Politics nor Tribalism. Politics & Tribalism are meant for Unfortunate Zombies In life like you. And Mind you, As someone who has over $50,000. I can never smell suffering anywhere In the world. Aurevioir.....
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by salbis(m): 3:42pm On Jan 26, 2022
aribisala0:
What has that got to do with the post you quoted.
I said the largest refinery in the world is in India

Do you understand simple English?

. Sorry my bad!
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by JAMO84: 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Ode, Go through my posts. I don't do Politics nor Tribalism. Politics & Tribalism are meant for Unfortunate Zombies In life like you. And Mind you, As someone who has over $50,000. I can never smell suffering anywhere In the world. Aurevioir.....
We know you PDP rats, always claiming to be neutral. Your 50 billion dollar makes you so lazy that you spend half of your lifetime replying to comments on Nairaland. Audio billionaire.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Aidejay(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
BiafranPatriot:
Dont tell them...Remember its IGR even if their people are dying. Its IGR. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DWhat i can state emphatically is that, this "refinery" is more political than economic. But unknown to the "IGR Crew" they dont and will never understand that the "Koran" has finally been dipped in the Ocean.

Lagos about to generate more money than the whole SE x2. grin South western Nigeria about to become home to the largest industrial revolution in Nigeria. When your people start trooping to they SW we will remember the political implications of having rats invade your house.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by franchasng: 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2022
PrincessDiana:
While I get the point you are trying to make, the truth is, industrialization is a must for poverty eradication for third world countries. More like, It's either you die by fire or brimstone.
It's just the way the world works now.
No pain, No gain!
You are right
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Sleekfingers: 6:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Where will he get crude from?

Angola, Saudi Arabia , venezuela
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Kfed4ril(m): 6:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
CUMIN:

Most of them wouldn't establish a factory back home due to the greedy nature of their folks.

A disagreement can earn the wrath of burning like they did to that Lagos commissioner that had house in Anambra. They're ae even killing their own kings just because they visited buhari.

They will burn it because of their envy nature.

Hmm
Yoruba’s, so ignorant.
Well as they say, ignorance is bliss, keep enjoying your folly.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by VanuatuWycombe: 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
JAMO84:
Aliko Dangote

The man that will rescue Nigeria from the grip of subsidy

I pray he is able to help o. The subsidy that has been in existence since 1978. Chai. Nigeria don suffer.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Cognitivereason: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2022
jaxxy:

Are u sure Ure igbo? @ bolded I think they will.

Dangote has done well for his people as for other tribes they are indifferent about him. Lagos wants mega development so they jumped at his refinery deal.

He owes the people not tribe by giving back. He was given tax breaks, forex privileges and many insensitives for decades.
Because u don't see me making tribalistic statements or being unpatriotic DAT y u have doubts?....

Anyways How was Dangote done well for his people...pls explain.. Is it my the abokis driving his truck?...
Secondly Dangote was given Tax credit for constructing roads...and he isn't the first..so it his entitlement for doing DAT..
Tax breaks were given to his company in his early days for his cement empire as part of the policy obasanjo initiated for backward Integration and investments.... Other companies including BUA got it...

It is a regular policy all developing countries implement to attract investments.. Besides he now pays his tax 100%..

He also gives back to the people by many of his donations...you just need to browse google for details
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by OmoManU: 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
Finally, Nigeria economy will boom again.
The other three refineries should be sold out.
It's better managed by the private sector cause of the corruption and impunity in the public sector.
The next in line is railway infrastructural development.
I can't wait to see a railway line that will run parallel with the Transaharan highway that ran from Ogoja to Abakaliki to Enugu to Awka to Onitsha to Asaba to Benin City to Ore to Lagos.
The amount, the bus operators are charging for commuters are outrageous.

Sheybi in the twilight of Obasanjo's administration, he was sold the port Harcourt refinery but due to bad belle and envy, the licence was revoked from him when Yar Adua came in and that vexed him to go start this new project, see it today
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by PrincessDiana: 11:27pm On Jan 26, 2022
So are you.
Cheers!
franchasng:
You are right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by VanuatuWycombe: 11:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
Vanzcharles:

Who destroyed the refineries we have today? They were all destroyed during the jun 12 protest when Abiola lost.

Nigeria’s refineries were destroyed by civil servants in NNPC, IDCL, PPMC etc, petroleum ministry, pipeline vandals (since late 80s), the cabals (evil stakeholders) and Abacha with his people. They corruptly killed all the refineries.

Abiola never lost election bro. May be you meant to say when Abiola was not sworn-in as president. Are you sure you were born before 1993? No offense, please.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Vanzcharles(m): 11:52pm On Jan 26, 2022
VanuatuWycombe:

Nigeria’s refineries were destroyed by civil servants in NNPC, IDCL, PPMC etc, petroleum ministry, pipeline vandals (since late 80s), the cabals (evil stakeholders) and Abacha with his people. They corruptly killed all the refineries.

Abiola never lost election bro. May be you meant to say when Abiola was not sworn-in as president. Are you sure you were born before 1993? No offense, please.

Well every man with his own narrative. Oil refineries were still functional at about 80% in the early 90s.
Why should Abiola been sworn in as president?
Did he win the election?
Wasn't the election annulled?
Refineries shut down, electricity total black out, proceeding the jun 12 and mass protest with fears about what could have led to be another war.

Riots! Riots! Riots.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by VanuatuWycombe: 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2022
Yankee101:
More pollution, Lagos

It would be minute. China generates more than 753,000 tera watts of electricity’s of July last year and 65% of it was from coal. That’s why some regions are a bit polluted.

Nigeria has not even used 1% of its pollution quota, as agreed internationally and it has not even sold out any of its unused allocation. So just one refinery cannot pollute Lagos, let’s not be sentimental.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by VanuatuWycombe: 12:11am On Jan 27, 2022
kuntash:

Your analysis is quite deep , only few can truly discern that you weren't tribalistic in your views rather stating the obvious that's bedeviled this nation for it's development ....

I observed some of your opinions are captured and condemned , raging with tribal perceptions ...

Fact remains , until we start telling everyone the truth , until the country starts considering equality , fairness and justice in every region or state ..... This quagmire would definitely continue ...

I am sure many that condemned your opinion here are not better than you , but rather the urge to always wear the tribal and religious hat each time we discuss on Nairaland ....

Kudos to you especially on your last paragraph .....

Nice one !

May I say he was not not being fair enough?Erisco was ignored because tomato paste importation was and is still on forex sourcing prohibition list. The same prohibition killed Dangote tomatoes factory in Kano. It killed owners of Heinz ketchup in Nigeria and forced them to relocate production to UAE.

What federal govt was doing was and is to protect local tomatoes farmers and save Nigeria from dumping.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky by Yankee101: 3:46am On Jan 27, 2022
VanuatuWycombe:

It would be minute. China generates more than 753,000 tera watts of electricity’s of July last year and 65% of it was from coal. That’s why some regions are a bit polluted.

Nigeria has not even used 1% of its pollution quota, as agreed internationally and it has not even sold out any of its unused allocation. So just one refinery cannot pollute Lagos, let’s not be sentimental.

Evidence from cohort studies in China also indicates that long-term exposure to ambient PM pollution and household air pollution from solid fuels is associated with various chronic diseases, including stroke, ischaemic heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and lung cancer

Google

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Igho Sanomi Forfeits Private Jet, 3 London Homes To Swiss Bank Over $3m Debt / Today's Naira Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / ICPC Arrests Osun FCMB Manager Over New Naira Notes Policy Violation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.