Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN (30191 Views)

#NoBraDay 2021: Nigerian Women, Others Mark 'No Bra Day' (Photos) / How To Treat Damaged Skin By Bleaching Creams In 60 Days / Skin Like Milk: How Organic Are Organic Creams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by References: 11:03am On Jan 26, 2022
Nigeria’s women have been ranked as the highest consumers of skin-whitening creams in Africa.

The data drawn by CNN ranked Nigeria as the top consumer of the creams.

The data explained that 75 per cent of women in Nigeria patronise whitening products.

This is followed closely by Senegal at 60 per cent, Mali at 50 per cent and Ghana at 30 per cent.

Whitening creams are cosmetic products that reduce the melanin or pigment in the skin to make it appear lighter.

The skin-whitening industry predominantly caters to women worldwide and people of colour in every region.

These creams contain ingredients that work to decrease body’s production of melanin.

Melanin is responsible for the pigment in the skin made by cells called melanocytes.

But many of these creams have been found to have dangerous side effects and are unapproved for use.
https://thenationonlineng.net/nigerian-women-highest-consumers-of-skin-whitening-creams-in-africa-report/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Kriss216: 11:07am On Jan 26, 2022
The data drawn by CNN ranked Nigeria as the top consumer of the creams.
The data explained that 75 per cent of women in Nigeria patronise whitening products.
CNN should recheck their statistics.

Last I checked, 98.3782% of Nigerian girls patronise bleaching cream.

A girl will be dark in January, by March she's White. Ask her what happened, she will tell you, her true colour is coming out. cheesy

Nigerian girls matter don tire me abeg.

383 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by FirmTR(m): 11:23am On Jan 26, 2022
Nigerian girls and bleaching..
Even boys own 9 dey annoy me pass.

God forbid

173 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Maxymilliano(m): 11:31am On Jan 26, 2022
Fanta face, coke body ... That's what Nigeria women are good at undecided

33 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by slawormiir: 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Not surprised
Organics
FirmTR:
Nigerian girls and bleaching..
Even boys own 9 dey annoy me pass.

God forbid

Understandable why ladies bleach.....most times it is not their fault.....guys give preferential treatment to fair women...even me am guilty of it...no matter how I try to pretend...I still love to see a fair woman...

But for that of guys bleaching is what I can not understand

142 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by lasisi69(f): 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
caro-white ambassadors shocked shocked shocked

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by osuofia2(m): 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
smiley
Irritating shitt

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Cmexy: 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
This people don't know that Nigerian men also adds to the numbers... Odiegwu really!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Ayosteel: 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
no lies

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by DarkJeddi(m): 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
No shit Sherlock..

With Nigeria having the highest number of women,by far in Africa..

This is not news..

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Kingluqman(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
Oyinbo pepper grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by nonut: 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
Gbam!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
That's why I love girls that rock their dark skin.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by ORAFA(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
Bobrisky and co

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Earlystar698(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
Iya ope and auntie titi come to mind grin them wan look like yeboss cheesy

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Skyfornia(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
Inferiority complex

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Albert0011(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
Na Boys own dey tire me pass self.
Eat good and healthy foods,relax ur body very well then the true colour of ur skin will come out.
High time we should stop this inferiority complex

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by NotBeenPaid: 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2022

Come to Ogun State and see also how guys are bleaching their skin away. I get really marveled I tell you.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Fiscus105(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
Everybody is a big girl in naija

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by money121(m): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Smartjeezy(m): 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
Come to Oyo state and edo state.
The way people are using this bleaching creams baffle me. I met one lady while doing data analyst for mtn Nigeria in IMO state. This so called lady almost bleach her skin to the extent of varnishing into thin air. Annabella is a brand ambassador of bleaching creams in Nigeria. #teamnaturalbeauty

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by FreeStuffsNG: 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hmmm. There's a whole industry behind the practice.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
HELL FIRE STRAIGHT ACCORDING TO MUMMY G.O

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by wisdom042(m): 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
The fact remains that majority of Naija dark skinned women don’t value their skin color. They prefer to look white with cheap whitening cream even when they know it causes a lot of damage to their skin. Always be proud of your color

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Highest Consumers Of Skin-whitening Creams In Africa — CNN by shevchenko(m): 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
75 percent are from the west

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Chewing Gum / 604 New COVID-19 Cases, 246 Discharged And 10 Deaths On July 23 - (4145 Tested) / 8 Home Remedies To Solve Menstrual Cramps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.