Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,429 members, 7,839,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (930707 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Creativeowos: 1:50am On May 01, 2022
Calmdancer21:
Get Ready for my Landing gists lol,
Documents i had with me
LOI
LOA
enrollment letter
airbnb book receipt
PPR letter
BVL
ArriveCan
printed bankstatement
tuition deposit receipt
PCR test result
i had all the docs i used for visa in one clear bag in case they asked
departure time Thursday 28th 19:50, got to Abuja airport by 3:50pm with a friend they refused to allow him enter me i came with small naira so i start there to drop 1k at each point na so them they waive me through till i got to Qatar airways checkin counter, had to do some luggage balancing because one of my bags was over weight, after that i went to check in, they told me that the flight was over booked so i can not change seats, first mistake i forgot to wrap my two Ghana must go bags and even left my other luggage unlocked.
went to the checkin area and started chilling with my friend for about 2 hrs before i said my good byes and proceeded to passport control, they asked me if i wanted to declare cash i said No dashed them 1k moved to where my stamp was to be stamped the guy was telling me that canada was his dream country i told him his job was my dream job lol, dashed him 1k, moved to where my hand luggage were to be searched and then proceeded to the waiting area, had a very delicious jollof rice and turkey call it my last supper, and now the waiting started. it turned out that Qatar airways canceled its flight on Tuesday and will be accommodating those passengers on our flight.
A lot of Muslim faithfuls heading to the holy land via Doha were on our flight like half of the entire passengers, now this is where the issue started most of these ppl could not understand a single word in English, this made boarding so slow that other passengers started complaining, i was so surprised because a lot of them were looking so unkempt, had those black nylon as carry on baggage with slippers. well i don't know anything about pilgrimage so i said maybe these ppl saved up all their earnings just to go on this trip.
By 8pm we were still boarding for a flight that should have taken off 10mins before, then some airline staff wanted to give priority boarding to some Arabs one guy carry am for head say the queue must be respected lol.
we left abuja 2hrs late, inside plane another language wahala started. but we got to Doha around 6am instead of 4am so my connecting flight to montreal was already boarding no time went into the airport toilets brushed my teeth washed my face put on some perfume then proceeded for boarding, i was searched properly here including my hand luggage.
this flight was on time and everything went on in a orderly manner, i also got a better seat this time and this nice girl from Malaysia was seating next to me, we had some nice conversations, this was indeed the longest flight in my life.
it became very cold 3hrs into the flight, i walked around alot and the cabin crew were so nice met alot of students heading one place or the order this flight was populated by Paks, sri lanka, indians etc met one 9ja boy too. i nearly froze in that flight i had to walking up and down.
We got to Montreal after 13hrs by 3pm their time. went straight to self declaration, scanned my passport and took my photo, then unto immigration where i was asked how long was my study i said 3 lol then declared my 8k$. was directed to immigration 2 were the queue was much and only one CBSA agent was attending others went for break or something after 2 hrs wait it got to my turn my introduction letter was scanned and they asked me for my declaration receipts, then i sat back down, 10mins later they called my name and gave me my permit, i was carrying plenty photocopies of docs but they did not ask me of anything else so i checked my details thoroughly on my new studypermit, then proceeded to baggage claim located my luggage although they were not locked but nothing was stolen. i downloaded the uber app added my UBA dollar card as mode of payment it was a 30mins drive from the airport to my airbnb.
got there and found out there was no lift omo i carried 2 x 32kgs bags plus my 23kg and 8kg hand luggage up 2 floors. no be small thing.
at abuja airport they asked for my enrollment letter, covid vaccine card, admission letter, passport and arriveCan and please note that if you are vaccinated you no longer need to carry out a Covid test, even at abuja they told me so and no one asked for it here in Canada.

congratulations once again, may the land of Canada favor you and may all awaiting ppr's rejoice soon. Please what do you mean by you didn't remember to wrap your Ghana-must-go bags. Wrap as how

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pixzy(m): 1:53am On May 01, 2022
Hello beautiful people .

LANDING GISt

I want to apologize for taking over a week to update the house on my landing gist. I will try to make it short .

On the 24th of April I got to Port Harcourt international airport to board my flight with Lufthansa airline. After the usual check by the immigration officers at the door , I proceeded to Print my boarding pass . The Lufthansa staff requested for my passport, Arrive Can, admission letter and proof of enrollment. Afterwards my boarding pass was handed over to me with my documents and my bags checked in .

Then I was asked to meet the immigration officers (boarder officers ) and they requested for my passport and boarding pass. one of the officer was busy asking for my WAEC result ( delay tactics to extort me . I didn’t give them shishi . ) when he got tired ,he finally stamped my passport and asked me to go .

We left PHC at 8:00pm and arrived Abuja at 8:50pm for technical stop over ( to pick passengers in Abuja) . The delay was for 1hr:30 mins before we took off to Frankfurt. The food was good and I ate everything that was served grin . I slept most of the time and finally we reached Frankfurt at 5:15am.

At Frankfurt Airport , they only asked for passport and Arrive can . After 5hrs layover. We continued our journey to Calgary. I won’t lie I got tired of this trip to Calgary. It was so long and I didn’t even sleep the entire 9hrs 45mins and even got tired of watching movies ..The flight attendant warned me twice for not wearing my nose mask properly and threatened to report if she cautions me for the third time ( you can be fined 5,000cad in Canada for not wearing your mask when you are on transit). For my mind I say which kind witch be this one . I could not breath very well but I say make I just obey before my village people go use me do scapegoat.

Finally we landed at Calgary and I went straight to one of the computer for self declaration. I was quick because I wanted to get to the Boarder office on time because the crowd was much . The boarder officer that attended to me only asked for my passport and admission letter . He asked if I have paid my fees and how I intend to pay the balance . Then he issued me study permit and work permit ( please ensure your collect your work permit if your program is co-ops). At this point I was mad happy . Finally , I went back to the boarding gate to catch my flight to Edmonton.

I am loving it here !

I wish everyone waiting for decision good luck . God will put a smile on your faces.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lolobukkie(f): 2:15am On May 01, 2022
Please can someone answer this

However masters degree was in 2009
Can a PhD fly or which program can be recommended because of the study gal

lolobukkie:
Hi senior gurus in the house,I am indeed happy to see this thread
Please I need advice on PhD scholarship In Canada
I have Masters in analytical chemistry and work experience as a research chemist / Quality contr chemist with 2pain companies in Nigeria,though not presently working but my husband does
Can anyone help with any available fully funded PhD program in Canada that's still open for application
Thanks everyone
@ frankrobbn1
@ scholarmonde
And other experts please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 2:46am On May 01, 2022
Did you print your arrive can or saved it on your phone and showed them at the port of entry when asked?
pixzy:
Hello beautiful people .

LANDING GISt

I want to apologize for taking over a week to update the house on my landing gist. I will try to make it short .

On the 24th of April I got to Port Harcourt international airport to board my flight with Lufthansa airline. After the usual check by the immigration officers at the door , I proceeded to Print my boarding pass . The Lufthansa staff requested for my passport, Arrive Can, admission letter and proof of enrollment. Afterwards my boarding pass was handed over to me with my documents and my bags checked in .

Then I was asked to meet the immigration officers (boarder officers ) and they requested for my passport and boarding pass. one of the officer was busy asking for my WAEC result ( delay tactics to extort me . I didn’t give them shishi . ) when he got tired ,he finally stamped my passport and asked me to go .

We left PHC at 8:00pm and arrived Abuja at 8:50pm for technical stop over ( to pick passengers in Abuja) . The delay was for 1hr:30 mins before we took off to Frankfurt. The food was good and I ate everything that was served grin . I slept most of the time and finally we reached Frankfurt at 5:15am.

At Frankfurt Airport , they only asked for passport and Arrive can . After 5hrs layover. We continued our journey to Calgary. I won’t lie I got tired of this trip to Calgary. It was so long and I didn’t even sleep the entire 9hrs 45mins and even got tired of watching movies ..The flight attendant warned me twice for not wearing my nose mask properly and threatened to report if she cautions me for the third time ( you can be fined 5,000cad in Canada for not wearing your mask when you are on transit). For my mind I say which kind witch be this one . I could not breath very well but I say make I just obey before my village people go use me do scapegoat.

Finally we landed at Calgary and I went straight to one of the computer for self declaration. I was quick because I wanted to get to the Boarder office on time because the crowd was much . The boarder officer that attended to me only asked for my passport and admission letter . He asked if I have paid my fees and how I intend to pay the balance . Then he issued me study permit and work permit ( please ensure your collect your work permit if your program is co-ops). At this point I was mad happy . Finally , I went back to the boarding gate to catch my flight to Edmonton.

I am loving it here !

I wish everyone waiting for decision good luck . God will put a smile on your faces.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pixzy(m): 3:38am On May 01, 2022
Nikky6:

Did you print your arrive can or saved it on your phone and showed them at the port of entry when asked?

I printed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omariam: 5:15am On May 01, 2022
pixzy:
Hello beautiful people .

LANDING GISt

Congratulations, may d land favour u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wealthh: 6:41am On May 01, 2022
This is another fresh month again...Lord Jesus,we have come to you concerning our applications,let this month be our month of testimony...Let this week favour everyone of us waiting on God and IRCC for good news..September,Oct,Nov,Dec,Jan,feb,March,April applicants bless us all with PPR...

48 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 7:01am On May 01, 2022
pixzy:

I printed
Thank you!! Plus how many hours did you wait to get your study permit at Montreal airport? I’m asking for someone that has a 3hours layover at Toronto, will that be enough because of immigration?
May Canada Favour you !!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oviebright: 8:18am On May 01, 2022
I deferred my admission to sept is there any need to send the updated loa to ircc?..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TanLiJun: 8:40am On May 01, 2022
Amen ooo
Wealthh:
This is another fresh month again...Lord Jesus,we have come to you concerning our applications,let this month be our month of testimony...Let this week favour everyone of us waiting on God and IRCC for good news..September,Oct,Nov,Dec,Jan,feb,March,April applicants bless us all with PPR...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yseries: 8:49am On May 01, 2022
Hello house,

Please I am seeking for an affordable masters in human resources program. I have been searching for one for over two weeks now.

Please who can assist me with any information on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kam3: 8:54am On May 01, 2022
[quote author=pixzy post=112415048]Hello beautiful people .

LANDING GISt

Nice gist.... Please how and when do I get the enrollment letter? My study permit has been approved but school resumes October.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eztosin(m): 8:56am On May 01, 2022
Yes you need to send your new LOA through webform or email.

Regards

Oviebright:
I deferred my admission to sept is there any need to send the updated loa to ircc?..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Inyas2015: 9:59am On May 01, 2022
Please everyone I need your help
I graduated last year sept with HND in Accounting, cgpa of 3.33 and till date I have less than 8 month working experience as an accountant.

What cheap school can I apply for post graduate diploma or course?
Is it possible for me to go with September intake?

Do anyone have any open admission school that I can apply to so that I can start my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Inyas2015: 10:02am On May 01, 2022
There are some agents advertising this please how true is it

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Isyma(m): 10:02am On May 01, 2022
eyinola:
is ur agent legit?
Yes He is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Isyma(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2022
amila20042001:
Go ahead and kick start the form A process. For speedy transaction use stanbic ibtc.
Cheers

On it now, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Isyma(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2022
kweje:

Fanshawe requires you to pay half tuition to confirm your seat. You can use E-Form A from your bank for that.
Asper Visa application. Go to page 1 of this thread, you will find the information you are asking for there. Read up the first 3-10pages.

Start gathering the documents that relates to you from page 1.

All the best.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:06am On May 01, 2022
Inyas2015:
fake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 10:15am On May 01, 2022
Mostly fallacies. No one can guarantee you visa issuance. Not even licensed consultants
Inyas2015:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Inyas2015: 10:18am On May 01, 2022
Isyma:

Yes He is

Can you share me your agent please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 10:38am On May 01, 2022
Good Day All...

I am about to submit my application, and I am confused about the portal to use. Can some please tell me their preferred portal (old or New) and why?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chinnychappy: 10:56am On May 01, 2022
OK. Please read page 1 of this thread.]quote author=Dwebsites1 post=112407065]

Chinny90, please I have gained admission into a Canadian school. Can someone guide me on how to go about the student online application? Thanks[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sheezy008(m): 11:16am On May 01, 2022
Happy new month
Hi senior gurus in the house,I am indeed happy to see this thread but I can’t find my sizes(lol) I only been seen Master master master and pGd or PwD , Make who na help lil Broo
Please I would like you to put me through on the student visa, I have my Olevel certificate and ND(National Diploma) Certificate, I study banking and finance with 1 years experience at bank has IT Students.
Someone has comment on this thread before but she didn’t analyze how it work.
She said I can use my Olevel to apply any college then after 2yrs I would get my PPR, pls is that true, because I’m self sponsor
If it’s True which college can I study banking and finance ( Cheapest)

@Frankrobon1 @makano @ lekiboboe @justmellow @ ominni @ Scott99tish @Anon and others Pls help a Lil Brooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnwisdom1032: 11:45am On May 01, 2022
NgumimiT:

Hi, I also run Airbnb so I put my profile page, reviews and payment pages. I don’t pay taxes either so I didn’t put any tax information. I also added my profile from other platforms and mentioned that sometimes guests pay directly into my account and from my notes IRCC had no issue with it

Thanks I really appreciate.. I there I way I can reach you on WhatsApp?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kam3: 11:57am On May 01, 2022
kiari:
Good Day All...

I am about to submit my application, and I am confused about the portal to use. Can some please tell me their preferred portal (old or New) and why?

Thank you.

It depends on what you are applying for, if you are applying alone you can use the new portal or VV for spouse and children but if you are applying for SOWP for spouse you have to use the old portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Creativeowos: 12:08pm On May 01, 2022
Amen o
Wealthh:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Inyas2015: 1:06pm On May 01, 2022
Can I apply to post graduate course in Non DLI listed college or a non PGWPP and when I get my visa I will change to a DLI school how possible is this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by owoblowww: 1:23pm On May 01, 2022
Dear Fam,

I'm very new here and it's been difficult finding a university that offers PGD IN MARKETING or associated courses.
PLEASE I need urgent assistance on university selection and process flow of application.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DuBLINGreenb(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2022
Leslie992:
Intending Canada student visa hopefuls for September 2022 program please indicate

Where are we indicating to?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omariam: 1:41pm On May 01, 2022
Wealthh:
Amen o

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.