Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907482 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
llionaire:
Hi guys, is there anyone who traveled to Ontario like 2-4 months before resumption here?
My Bro just landed in Ontario right now, and he has gotten his permit. Resumption is still Sept 7.
And I know someone resuming September that have been in Vancouver since May ending.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2022
id like to join please
160485:

There is a WhatsApp group for Centennial college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eyegroup: 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2022
Toceen2022:

My Bro just landed in Ontario right now, and he has gotten his permit. Resumption is still Sept 7.
And I know someone resuming September that have been in Vancouver since May ending.
Abeg how una get your visa and application successful abeg please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Donhem(f): 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2022
flower1019078:
father lord please i am on my knees.
so many may applicants have gotten theirs meanwhile my biometrics has not yet updated father please help me to receive mine
i proclaim mine this upcoming week in JESUS NAME!!!
may 9th applicant

Amen, it is done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by apeja2017: 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
Pls can you explain more on fast track programs? What is the different

SaniceSanice123:

Which school? You can if you are going through fast track
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
Comfyski:
Hello Guru's please I still need help.

I visited Canada in February 2022 (so already have visitor visa)
I applied for Study Permit and I got approved, My passport request was June 16.
I received my Passport back on June 23.

In my envelope received I just have my study visa. I don't have a study permit. I understand this is supposed to be a physical paper authorizing me to study and work.
On my CIC account, I just have original passport request and correspondence letter.
The correspondence letter is just on Biometrics.

So now I don't know what to do. I tried calling the IRCC line but its not going through, I have submitted a webform and emailed the Ircc QUESTION@cic.gc.ca and Nairobi email. No response yet.

My course is Bus Admin and its a 2year diploma.

Please has anyone had such an experience, or any information on how to move forward. Thanks in advance
You worry for nothing. Your study permit will be given to you once you land in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by flower1019078: 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2022
Donhem:

Amen, it is done
thank you ooo. amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by apeja2017: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
What type of card did you used creditor debit and in what currency?

Tgbengus151:
Flywire rate is quite high but fast. I paid 333CAD just yesterday and got debited 169k, that's around 510.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
Please does anyone traveling to Canada via airfrance require transit visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by flower1019078: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
kiari:

May 15th here o. Baba God Abeg ooooo. My PPR is here and it has Ended In Praise…. Amen
AMEN.. AND CONGRATS!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Comfyski(f): 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
kiari:

You worry for nothing. Your study permit will be given to you once you land in Canada.

But I am in Canada.
Are you saying I have to go out and come in.
Plus if that's the case I ought to have being given a POE port of entry introduction letter which I don't have also.

I'm confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by delighteddell(m): 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2022
Toceen2022:

Oh Noo, I don't know any group, besides, I'm not going to Centennial college... I'm going to University of Victoria.

Ok cool. Tosin, say hello to Victoria grin. Thanks for the flight info.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bobomaigida: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ola76421:
Has anyone used Form A for GIC investment? How did you go about it and how much was approved by the bank? Thank you.

You can not use Form A for GIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2022
Chubbyface:

PPR for my husband don land..Now my joy is full smiley
Family application approved, got mine and our son’s own this time last week(happens IOM didn’t send my husband’s results to IRCC on time, till we reached out to them, smh)

Documents submitted
Mine(principal applicant)

Acceptance letter and receipt of 1st semester tuition
BSC certificate
Transcripts
NYSC certificate
SOP
Employment letter
Study leave letter
Work I.D
4 months payslips
Salary account
Personal account
Husband’s personal account
Police certificate
NIN
Birth certificate
News paper change of Name
Land documents
Family pictures

Hubby’s documents

Letter of Intent (wrote that myself, about why he needs to join me because of our son and not to really work, even tho he is applying for SOWP)
Birth certificate
BSc certificate
NIN
NYSC
CAC document
Pictures of business place
Invoice/receipt

Son
International passport

Abeg the process of sending passport, I saw that we need to sign consent form. Is it the one we got from biometrics or how do I go about it?

Congratulations to your family
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kayceekay: 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2022
Realpaulpat:
Good morning Gurus in the house. I've been trying to login the Gc key on the Canadian website but it's not going through. Have they changed their website or its network issues?

One of their major network service provider (Rogers) went down since morning 5am Canada time, it could be the reason because it affected most banks and payment transactions. As at now (3pm) its still down.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deronke1: 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2022
Those asking about the site

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by eyinola: 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2022
Please ,is the anything like work Permit program to Canada? How legti can dat be?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
Comfyski:
Hello Guru's please I still need help.

I visited Canada in February 2022 (so already have visitor visa)
I applied for Study Permit and I got approved, My passport request was June 16.
I received my Passport back on June 23.

In my envelope received I just have my study visa. I don't have a study permit. I understand this is supposed to be a physical paper authorizing me to study and work.
On my CIC account, I just have original passport request and correspondence letter.
The correspondence letter is just on Biometrics.

So now I don't know what to do. I tried calling the IRCC line but its not going through, I have submitted a webform and emailed the Ircc QUESTION@cic.gc.ca and Nairobi email. No response yet.

My course is Bus Admin and its a 2year diploma.

Please has anyone had such an experience, or any information on how to move forward. Thanks in advance

After searching online I found the answer to your question. Your study permit will be mailed to you through the address in Canada that you included in the application form. The study permit should arrive within 2 to 3 weeks.
Click on the link below to know more.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/after-apply-next-steps.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
I'm the same problem too. Havent been able to log in since today. have tried two browsers google chrome and mozilla

Hafeez6948:
I cant seem to access gckey portal since morning i dont know if am the only one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ActivatedDreams: 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Comfyski(f): 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
mrprolifik:

After searching online I found the answer to your question. Your study permit will be mailed to you through the address in Canada that you included in the application form. The study permit should arrive within 2 to 3 weeks.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/after-apply-next-steps.html

Oh okay ...so it will be mailed separately. I thought they'll usually come with Passport.
Thank you so much...I'll begin to fast and pray so there'll be no hiccup.

Thank you again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cherishpearl: 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2022
Good evening house…..pls can someone help me with schools without application fee.I’m applying for Human Resources management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Swaggu50: 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2022
Deronke1:
Those asking about the site
Please how can I post on this page
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Swaggu50: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
Comfyski:

Oh okay ...so it will be mailed separately. I thought they'll usually come with Passport.
Thank you so much...I'll begin to fast and pray so there'll be no hiccup.

Thank you again

Please how can I post here?
ActivatedDreams:

Good day, please I just sent you a mail. I would like you to ask about a brief private message about landed documents.
Please how can I post here
mrprolifik:

Please how can I post here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by greeners222(m): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
Email me justme1292009@yahoo.co.uk

delighteddell:

Makes sense. Guys, can we connect? I am also to resume to Centennial College by September 6.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thomsyne(m): 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
By
Samlolly28:
Hi guys, my application was denied about a month ago solely on the grounds of insufficient funds and financial assets. Before I got denied I ordered my gcms note which just arrived today. Through the help of show young and others that aired their opinions I saw exactly what I did wrong. My dad was my sponsor and the total money in the two bank accounts he presented was about 3 million short of what it needed to be. My mistake was thinking I could use his fixed deposit investment worth over 30 million as POF. I also didn't provide my bank statement I have been told this is not enough to lead to denial but if your application has some loopholes then not having at least some funds in your account raises a red flag for the visa officers.

Sadly I reapplied yesterday but what I did differently even before seeing the gcms notes was I allowed the investment mature and got a statement immediately the funds matured to capture the 30m from the fixed deposit in his bank account together with about 8m he had combined in his two bank accounts before. He also transferred 3.5m to my account which I presented a gift deed, bank statement and receipt to attest that the money was for my living expense for the first year in Canada. I made sure I explained the fixed deposit investment very well how my dad got the money and showed the investment certificates for all the months within the duration of bank statement I sent to the embassy unlike my first application I only submitted the investment certificate of the month before date I submitted.

Please guys let me know what you think.

Hi so I noticed no one has responded but I’m an applicant like you with pretty much the same situation except that it’s my first time applying. From what people said, here’s what I did and if you can still do these, maybe give it a shot:

I drafted a gift deed letter for my Dad which he signed and we notarized. In the letter, he was specific about what the money was for - we put Canadian equivalent everywhere 10k living expenses, 5k for travel ticket, application fees, etc to show he’s fully funding me and stated categorically that he has irrevocable claim to the gift deed he transferred - same for the fixed deposit.

In the sponsorship letter, he stated how long he has been working and how he was able to amass that amount of savings for my education. He also specified that this money was set aside in FD for me and the capital never reduced because of this purpose. (I’m assuming it’s the same in your case).

Then as you’ve done, added investment certificates possibly showing that these funds can be liquidated and made available instantly for you.

And lastly, show his source of income and how he has other sources to fund the family. Attach maybe introduction letter, business documents, etc to this effect.

Hoping we all get a favorable response speedily.
Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by iamblessed17: 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2022
is the covid test still needed for fully vaccinated travelers to Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2022
gracevien:

Yeah.
Thank you

Do you have a format for the letter of authorisation to debit? Pls can you share with me

I did not need the letter but its quiet simple, simply write instructing the bank to debit your account for payment of your fees, state the amount and other info, sign and that's it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2022
Cherishpearl:
Good evening house…..pls can someone help me with schools without application fee.I’m applying for Human Resources management

Seneca college usually share application fee waiver codes on their IG page for different programs you can check them out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (805) (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.