Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (810) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907654 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2022
Go to vac website and book your biometrics.

johnstan:
Just received a mail for my biometrics, please how do i go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:30am On Jul 09, 2022
Greetings house.

Please, I'll like to ask, for someone with a medical request, besides the letter (+ form) from IRCC, international passport and proof of payment, what else should the applicant go with?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 8:32am On Jul 09, 2022
apeja2017:
Pls quick advise.
As a computer science graduate with 5 years IT Analysts experience.

Choice 1: computer system Technology networking program 2years program

Choice 2: cyber security 1year program

Pls which one do you advise that the best choice for a good visa application.

Note: using wife and kid with 5 other siblings as home tie.

I'm not a guru here, however, I would advise you choose the program closest to your current job description to show career advancement rather than career switch.

Secondly a 1 year program would avail you 1 yr pgwp while a program of 2 yrs would avail you a 2 -3 yrs pgwp.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 8:33am On Jul 09, 2022
Jenny255:
Go to vac website and book your biometrics.

Ok thanks, please what documents would I need to go with
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Realpaulpat(m): 8:35am On Jul 09, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 8:37am On Jul 09, 2022
PatrickOkunima:
Greetings house.

Please, I'll like to ask, for someone with a medical request, besides the letter (+ form) from IRCC, international passport and proof of payment, what else should the applicant go with?

Mine was upfront but since yours isn't, you have all you need, your printed letter of request, physical passport so they stress you to go up and down verifying a photocopy and your payment receipt print out not an eCopy.
Go on time so you can collect good waiting number, the process takes hrs cos of protocols so the earlier your number the faster it will be for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 09, 2022
Thank you

160485:

I sent you a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by francisxbee: 8:59am On Jul 09, 2022
PatrickOkunima:
Greetings house.

Vaccination card if you're vaccinated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thefil: 9:16am On Jul 09, 2022
1. Sign by inputting your name as in passport

2. Biometrics are not done online. Once you submit a biometric letter will be sent to your page. With this letter, log on to VFS and schedule an appointment.

3. When your visa has been approved

Mrloverluva:
hello guys,
1---------pls after downloading the adobe reader 9 to access the study visa forms from the embassy,after you are done filling the form, how do you sign your signature on the form before uploading?
2---------how are biometrics been down online as i found out that theres no canadian embassy here in Nigeria
3---------when you will be asked to send your passport for stamping,what means will be used to send it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thefil: 9:32am On Jul 09, 2022
If deferring is due to your baby’s VV.No need to do so.
Send messages emotional messages about you and your baby and school resumption.
Like someone wrote “make it like a prescription”.
Send morning afternoon and night.
Wait for Gurus to contribute
It will end in praise.
emmeon:
Greetings to all Gurus in the House. please I would really appreciate it if I can get a response here.

My wife's Study permit was approved on 2 June 2022 and would be valid till August 2023 . She is to resume school this September 2022 , But because I and our baby's VV is still in process, She wants to Defer to MAY 2023 (January 2023 defer is filled up already. MAY is the only available Defer slot and she can't leave her 2 months baby behind to travel by SEP).

Please my question is: HER MEDICALS WOULD EXPIRE IN FEB 2023 , and with expired Medicals, she can not travel to Canada by MAY.

Q1: can she do an Upfront Medicals in January 2023 just before it Expires (Considering all the Backlogs) and Then send a webform to IRCC to update the Medical E form? or

Q2: should she wait for it to expire before she does another medical?

Q3: In this case, she would be uploading the New medical sheet via the webform to IRCC, Would she need to upload also the new Letter of Admission due to Deferring?

Please, If you have been in this situation before, I would really appreciate a response. we do not wanna make mistakes. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:37am On Jul 09, 2022
johnstan:

Mine was upfront but since yours isn't, you have all you need, your printed letter of request, physical passport so they stress you to go up and down verifying a photocopy and your payment receipt print out not an eCopy.
Go on time so you can collect good waiting number, the process takes hrs cos of protocols so the earlier your number the faster it will be for you.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:37am On Jul 09, 2022
francisxbee:

Vaccination card if you're vaccinated
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 10:10am On Jul 09, 2022
Comfyski:

Oh okay ...so it will be mailed separately. I thought they'll usually come with Passport.
Thank you so much...I'll begin to fast and pray so there'll be no hiccup.

Thank you again

Are you in Canada already? Study permit is usually gotten at the POE at the airport for those who are traveling. But seems you are in Canada already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

It’s faster than the regular. Like your visa decision will be processed at a maximum of 12weeks

How is 12 weeks fast? That’s a whopping 3 months when people get decisions in 3-6weeks recently
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 10:18am On Jul 09, 2022
emmeon:
Greetings to all Gurus in the House. please I would really appreciate it if I can get a response here.

My wife's Study permit was approved on 2 June 2022 and would be valid till August 2023 . She is to resume school this September 2022 , But because I and our baby's VV is still in process, She wants to Defer to MAY 2023 (January 2023 defer is filled up already. MAY is the only available Defer slot and she can't leave her 2 months baby behind to travel by SEP).

Please my question is: HER MEDICALS WOULD EXPIRE IN FEB 2023 , and with expired Medicals, she can not travel to Canada by MAY.

Q1: can she do an Upfront Medicals in January 2023 just before it Expires (Considering all the Backlogs) and Then send a webform to IRCC to update the Medical E form? or

Q2: should she wait for it to expire before she does another medical?

Q3: In this case, she would be uploading the New medical sheet via the webform to IRCC, Would she need to upload also the new Letter of Admission due to Deferring?

Please, If you have been in this situation before, I would really appreciate a response. we do not wanna make mistakes. Thank you

She shouldn’t defer... the visas will drop this month. She should email the Chinese offices and also send webforms. She should tell them she can’t leave her 2 months baby that is still breastfeeding and she should attach pictures too... Ah! Defer ke... Please it will drop even next week... it must drop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 10:19am On Jul 09, 2022
International passport.
Biometrics instructions letter.
Biometrics appointment letter.
Two photocopies of your international passport bio data page.

johnstan:

Ok thanks, please what documents would I need to go with

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 10:29am On Jul 09, 2022
Jenny255:
International passport.
Biometrics instructions letter.
Biometrics appointment letter.
Two photocopies of your international passport bio data page.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by greeners222(m): 10:54am On Jul 09, 2022
Please what airline is cheaper and I won't need transit visit. I want to buy my ticket to Toronto. I want to travel August ending. I have been having problem with US transit visa and all. How do I get to Toronto with cheap flight please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bright85: 10:55am On Jul 09, 2022
Good morning guys,

I have HND in electrical engineering, and I intend to do diploma in a good school in Canada, can anyone recommend a school for me. Also I don have any idea how to go about it, I want someone who has knowledge on this to guide me with information that will be useful to me even as I keep searching online. Also I am married, can I be able to travel with my family or just me.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 11:00am On Jul 09, 2022
greeners222:
Please what airline is cheaper and I won't need transit visit. I want to buy my ticket to Toronto. I want to travel August ending. I have been having problem with US transit visa and all. How do I get to Toronto with cheap flight please

EgyptAir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 11:36am On Jul 09, 2022
greeners222:
Please what airline is cheaper and I won't need transit visit. I want to buy my ticket to Toronto. I want to travel August ending. I have been having problem with US transit visa and all. How do I get to Toronto with cheap flight, please

If you can wait till first week of September, prices will drop.

For now it's Air France I know about without the need for transit Visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 11:38am On Jul 09, 2022
undecided
bright85:
Good morning guys,

I have HND in electrical engineering, and I intend to do diploma in a good school in Canada, can anyone recommend a school for me. Also I don have any idea how to go about it, I want someone who has knowledge on this to guide me with information that will be useful to me even as I keep searching online. Also I am married, can I be able to travel with my family or just me.

Thank you

Going for a diploma is not advisable, why not go for a Graduate Certificate. Everything you need is on this page. Go to page 1 and read carefully, once you are done you can ask your questions and hopefully someone responds.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 09, 2022
Amen, In Jesus Mighty name. Amen

CharitoJames:

She shouldn’t defer... the visas will drop this month. She should email the Chinese offices and also send webforms. She should tell them she can’t leave her 2 months baby that is still breastfeeding and she should attach pictures too... Ah! Defer ke... Please it will drop even next week... it must drop

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mrloverluva: 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hello friends,
please i need an answer to this
is it necessary to secure accommodation in canada and book flight reservations before applying for a study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2022
Mrloverluva:
Hello friends,
is it necessary to secure accommodation in canada and book flight reservations before applying for a study permit?

Is the flight fee and accommodation fee refundable or transferable if the visa is denied?

I know school fees can be refunded but don't know about these ones.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2022
If you have good home ties in Nigeria, then you do not need to provide any form of Flight or Accommodation itinerary.

However, if your ties are not strong, then you can go ahead and get the itinerary. It is free of charge and you do not need to pay for the accommodation or flight because you don't know the duration of the processing and whether or not it will be approved.

Mrloverluva:
Hello friends,
is it necessary to secure accommodation in Canada and book flight reservations before applying for a study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kenny4real68: 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2022
Please house, my brother wants to apply for a visitor visa extension/ renewal . His canada visitor visa expired last year. He used an agent to get the visitor visa years ago and he has travelled in and out canada. I advised him to save his money that I know it’s not hard plus he is even a government official applying with an official passport.
Please house any link to documents and IMM forms needed for visitor visa extension. Is there need for SOP or LOE?

Your contribution would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bright85: 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2022
kiari:
undecided

Going for a diploma is not advisable, why not go for a Graduate Certificate. Everything you need is on this page. Go to page 1 and read carefully, once you are done you can ask your questions and hopefully someone responds.

Thanks @kiari
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2022
Check if this helps.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html

Kenny4real68:
Please house, my brother wants to apply for a visitor visa extension/ renewal . His canada visitor visa expired last year. He used an agent to get the visitor visa years ago and he has travelled in and out canada. I advised him to save his money that I know it’s not hard plus he is even a government official applying with an official passport.
Please house any link to documents and IMM forms needed for visitor visa extension. Is there need for SOP or LOE?

Your contribution would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by unnot21(m): 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
Ola76421:
Is it possible to pay for medical examination at IOM via bank transfer or must it be cash payment at the bank?

Did you later do the transfer? I am wondering if it's possible?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2022
bright85:
Good morning guys,

Thank you

- A diploma is lesser than your already acquired Academic qualification (HND) and that can be a red flag to your study visa application (NO ACADEMIC PROGRESSION).

To show Academic progression, go for something higher. That being said, a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE Program in an Electrical Engineering related program at a college is your best shot.

See the link below for that

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/724#114127867

- Await a response to your other question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2022
unnot21:

Did you later do the transfer? I am wondering if it's possible?

If you are referring to payment for medicals, you would usually be advised the costs and the bank account to transfer into, after you do that, you are to print the successful transfer receipt and take it along with other documents to the venue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.