Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (921358 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Divinefavrite: 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2022
Good morning to all men and women of goodwill. Thank you all for your selfless service for God and Humanity.

I have a situation and I am here to seek advice.

I recently just got admission with humber college for January 2023 intake to study human resources management. Its a one year program that will run from January to september (classwork) and september to december (coop).

I have confirmed the admission and at the verge of paying the fees but a family friend is discouraging from following through with the admission reason being that:

1. I will not be allowed to work during my one year progam because IRCC does not give work permit on the study permit for one year programs

2. That the one year PGWP that I will be given at the end of my program is too short a time to get a job to enable me proceed with PR applications being that Ontario is very competitive

3. That provinces like new brunswick is better since you can start applying for PR after one year of study with or without a job offer.

4. Alternatively, I look for an 18 -24 months program (very expensive though) to enable me get a 3 years PGWP

I am confused and really would not want to miss out on this opportunity but would also not want to be stranded out there and there are almost no schools still open for January intake now.

Please I need advice.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Realpaulpat(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. Please I've got a question when I was filling the Application online. I didn't see a slot where I could upload my police character certificate for my study permit application. So is it no longer needed? Or I would have to submit it when I go for biometrics? Cause I heard I would also summit some of my other documents when I go for biometrics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
johnstan:

I used it on the 8th and it worked. Rate was really high
Please what's the rate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nenny4alz(f): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
unclekev:
Hello Nenny, have you gotten your study visa?

Not yet, still waiting for ppr to drop any moment

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nenny4alz(f): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2022
Realpaulpat:
Good afternoon everyone. Please I've got a question when I was filling the Application online. I didn't see a slot where I could upload my police character certificate for my study permit application. So is it no longer needed? Or I would have to submit it when I go for biometrics? Cause I heard I would also summit some of my other documents when I go for biometrics.

It's not compulsory

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nenny4alz(f): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Good morning all,

Guys ITS PPPPRRRRRRR o for me. Today is the last day of our mid year 10 days fast in NSPPD and RCCG and God decided to show me mercy. Pls celebrate God with me o

Indeed What God cannot do does not exist, I key into your testimony, I shall carry my own evidence in Jesus Mighty Name amen!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HazeeyzaH(f): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2022
Good Afternoon everyone,
Please who has Seneca College Application fee Waiver code for july?? Kindly assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2022
Realpaulpat:

There is no special place to upload police report for student study permit.

You will upload with other documents you are providing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Positiveme2020: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
Please house I had my medical at IOM Abuja and was also required to do Sputum test. The results is out now and it's negative, and I have been asked to come again for chest X-ray exam. Please has anyone been invited for this also or gone through this process, If yes please how did it go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
160485:
Dear PPr

Please drop like Lagos rain nonstop this week.

Amen

AMEN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by wasd4luv(m): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
Help answer this question pls.
wasd4luv:
Good morning guys
I want to ask a question

My passport will expire october 2022. I applied for a renewal at passport office ikoyi and my appointment date for capturing is September 2022. Can I start my visa application with the passport I have with me, which is going to expire in October. If Yes, please how do I go about it when I gt a new passport. Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2022
Ojb555666:

Please what's the rate?

Their rate today is N618/$1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Maryworldfashio(f): 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
Donhem:
Please is there any watsapp group for University Canada west?

Msg me on WhatsApp 07036743438
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pean06: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2022
Congratulations I am next in Jesus name.

Chiziteremary:
Good morning all,

Guys ITS PPPPRRRRRRR o for me. Today is the last day of our mid year 10 days fast in NSPPD and RCCG and God decided to show me mercy. Pls celebrate God with me o

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nzealibaba: 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
Derekxxy:

Pls who have apply for MAcc in the university of Alberta either prospective student/ already a student...

Just want to know hw much is there initial deposit
yes I applied Msc electrical engineering . Do you mean application fees .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olasubomy: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2022
Divinefavrite:
Good morning to all men and women of goodwill. Thank you all for your selfless service for God and Humanity.

I have a situation and I am here to seek advice.

I recently just got admission with humber college for January 2023 intake to study human resources management. Its a one year program that will run from January to september (classwork) and september to december (coop).

I have confirmed the admission and at the verge of paying the fees but a family friend is discouraging from following through with the admission reason being that:

1. I will not be allowed to work during my one year progam because IRCC does not give work permit on the study permit for one year programs

2. That the one year PGWP that I will be given at the end of my program is too short a time to get a job to enable me proceed with PR applications being that Ontario is very competitive

3. That provinces like new brunswick is better since you can start applying for PR after one year of study with or without a job offer.

4. Alternatively, I look for an 18 -24 months program (very expensive though) to enable me get a 3 years PGWP

I am confused and really would not want to miss out on this opportunity but would also not want to be stranded out there and there are almost no schools still open for January intake now.

Please I need advice.

Thank you

This is my view in response to your concerns:

1. This is not true. You are only allowed to work up to 20 hours per week as a student except on short breaks and school holidays. This work eligibility is tied to your study permit, meaning you can only work when you resume classes. Also, your Coop programme allows you to intern with an employer and gain Canadian work experience as a prerequisite to your degree. This internship programme lets you work up to 37.5 or 40 hours per week (full time).

2. I would say "one cap does not fit all", and it all depends. Your friend has a valid concern here but getting a job quickly after school depends on your effort, the God factor and luck. Sometimes, a network helps you get through the door for an interview. I have seen classmates that spent months after school without getting that desired job, and they had to fall back on menial jobs to earn some money and pay their rent, while I have also seen some get jobs quickly in energy companies and banks; it just depends. I would say it is 50/50 here for a one-year program. I advise that you aim at a province where your skillset sells the most. Ontario has a larger market but is a very diverse and competitive province and pricey too.

The two-year programme gives you more time to get a job and have that one-year Canadian experience to apply under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) with a three years PGWP.

3. The Atlantic province's immigration pilot has a pathway to PR that does not require work experience (your friend is right here), although they stated at least two years of studies. Quoting the below directly from IRCC:

You do not need to meet the work experience requirements if you're an international graduate who
has a degree, diploma, certificate, or trade or apprenticeship certification that

o took at least two years of studies
o is from a recognized post-secondary institution in 1 of the 4 Atlantic provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, or Newfoundland and Labrador)
o was a full-time student for the entire time you were studying
o lived in one of the following provinces for at least 16 months during the last two years before you graduated:
New Brunswick
Nova Scotia
Newfoundland and Labrador or
Prince Edward Island
o had the visa or permit you needed to work, study or get training while you were in Canada

source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration/how-to-immigrate/eligibility.html

4. It does not mean getting a job quickly after a one-year programme is impossible. You might be lucky the company where you did your coop may still require your service after graduation.

I hope this helps you to weigh your options.

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by francisxbee: 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2022
Realpaulpat:
Police report is not necessary. There's no need for it. You can add it to your SOP sha.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fredba: 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2022
amila20042001:
wwwwwoooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I have been patiently waiting for your goodnews since your first application. Each time i see you congratulate others and ur footnote " mine is next in Jesus name", i knew very well that God will surely come through for you.
BIG CONGRATS TO YOU DEAR.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Realpaulpat(m): 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
Thanks all for the answers. I've submitted my application today tho. Praying and hoping to go for biometrics soon.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AbionaT(f): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Good morning all,

Congratulations to you, may the land of Canada favour you in Jesus name. Amen.
My own PPR will come this week too in Jesus name. Amen
What God can not do does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ay08020407288(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
Pls gurus in the house, must one portal has eligibility before IRCC decide on one application or not
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Divinefavrite: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2022
olasubomy:

This is my view in response to your concerns:

1. This is not true. You are only allowed to work up to 20 hours per week as a student except on short breaks and school holidays. This work eligibility is tied to your study permit, meaning you can only work when you resume classes. Also, your Coop programme allows you to intern with an employer and gain Canadian work experience as a prerequisite to your degree. This internship programme lets you work up to 37.5 or 40 hours per week (full time).

2. I would say "one cap does not fit all", and it all depends. Your friend has a valid concern here but getting a job quickly after school depends on your effort, the God factor and luck. Sometimes, a network helps you get through the door for an interview. I have seen classmates that spent months after school without getting that desired job, and they had to fall back on menial jobs to earn some money and pay their rent, while I have also seen some get jobs quickly in energy companies and banks; it just depends. I would say it is 50/50 here for a one-year program. I advise that you aim at a province where your skillset sells the most. Ontario has a larger market but is a very diverse and competitive province and pricey too.

The two-year programme gives you more time to get a job and have that one-year Canadian experience to apply under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) with a three years PGWP.

3. The Atlantic province's immigration pilot has a pathway to PR that does not require work experience (your friend is right here), although they stated at least two years of studies. Quoting the below directly from IRCC:

You do not need to meet the work experience requirements if you're an international graduate who
has a degree, diploma, certificate, or trade or apprenticeship certification that

o took at least two years of studies
o is from a recognized post-secondary institution in 1 of the 4 Atlantic provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, or Newfoundland and Labrador)
o was a full-time student for the entire time you were studying
o lived in one of the following provinces for at least 16 months during the last two years before you graduated:
New Brunswick
Nova Scotia
Newfoundland and Labrador or
Prince Edward Island
o had the visa or permit you needed to work, study or get training while you were in Canada

source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration/how-to-immigrate/eligibility.html

4. It does not mean getting a job quickly after a one-year programme is impossible. You might be lucky the company where you did your coop may still require your service after graduation.

I hope this helps you to weigh your options.

@olasubomy, e- hugs from me to you. Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I might just go ahead with what I have already and trust God with the rest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Good morning all,

Congratulations dear, I am so so happy for you.

God is great

wowwwwwwwww
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
At the completion of 1 year study, you can enroll for another 1 year to be eligible for 2-3 years PGWP.

I am using this medium to call forth my PPR in Jesus mighty name, by faith it's done, Amen!!!
Divinefavrite:

@olasubomy, e- hugs from me to you. Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I might just go ahead with what I have already and trust God with the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
Please is it safe to use barter by flutter wave for visa application fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onedimple: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chiziteremary:
I'm a 2nd time applicant. March 10 applicant. Ist Application of 1st Dec 2021 was refused on 25th Feb 2022.

Recently i was sending daily mails to the chinese email and sending them webforms. My God is too much.

Congratulations!!! Welcome home.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onedimple: 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbionaT:

Congratulations to you, may the land of Canada favour you in Jesus name. Amen.
My own PPR will come this week too in Jesus name. Amen
What God can not do does not exist.

Amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by robertito7(m): 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2022
Ojb555666:
Please is it safe to use barter by flutter wave for visa application fee?
Yes it is, that's what I used, I almost cried blood from the conversion rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dobianyi: 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2022
Congratulations dear
Chiziteremary:
I'm a 2nd time applicant. March 10 applicant. Ist Application of 1st Dec 2021 was refused on 25th Feb 2022.

Recently i was sending daily mails to the chinese email and sending them webforms. My God is too much.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Trishchy: 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hello Everyone

Please, I want to know what actually determines whether someone will be given a PGWP of 2 or 3 years after completing 2years or more course?

I quite know a year course gives a year PGWP

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by websta: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
Thomsyne:

I doubt this. @ websta
FYA https://web.facebook.com/marketplace/toronto/apartments-for-rent/?__cmr=1&_rdc=1&_rdr

Just change the location filter as you see fit. Or type in Google “apartment for rent in xyz, Canada Facebook Marketplace”

Thanks it's MacBook(used) I want to buy when I land. It's too.expensive here in 9ja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by websta: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
Lekiboboe:

You can only access FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE in Canada. It works with GeoLocation (GPS) to bring out available rentals

Okay, I should just wait till I enter Canada.
What about best buy and Kijiji?

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.