Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (825) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907688 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
websta:

Okay, I should just wait till I enter Canada.
What about best buy and Kijiji?

Yes something like that..

For Kijiji yes you can select a CANADIAN location even though you ain't in Canada.

Am not sure about BestBuy, you can try and see
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2022
You will get a 3-year PGWP when you complete a program of at least 2 years. To get the PGWP, you have to meet the conditions of your study permit, which include but are not limited to the following:
Studying full-time (except your last semester)
Not taking more than 150 days of authorized leave from studies
Have a valid study permit at the time you apply
Apply within 180 days of completing your studies

Trishchy:
Hello Everyone

Please, I want to know what actually determines whether someone will be given a PGWP of 2 or 3 years after completing 2years or more course?

I quite know a year course gives a year PGWP

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by loluwaomo: 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hi Guys i am new here... i actually have Masters admission offers for UK for January 2023 intake but i intend switching to Canada.
1. I applied to centinnial college for a year program with co-op option but may i know if its not to late considering the fact that i intend resuming January.
2. Can I apply to two courses in centinnal college ...is there anyone who has done it before
3. How long does it take to get feedback from centinnal college after sending the required documents
4. I studied Philosophy for my undergrad and currently doing CIPM.. Completed my NYSC last year and i work as a graduate trainee with an investment firm

Can someone shed more light on 1 year ( coop option) and 2 years program... I have a Bachelors degree in philosophy with a 2.1 and i finished my NYSC last year...
Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by llionaire(m): 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by greeners222(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2022
I think you have to go for another one year course. Someone should say something if am wrong
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TradeSunMoore: 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2022
Positiveme2020:
Please house I had my medical at IOM Abuja and was also required to do Sputum test. The results is out now and it's negative, and I have been asked to come again for chest X-ray exam. Please has anyone been invited for this also or gone through this process, If yes please how did it go.

Yes.My daughter has the furtherance test for TB. After the negative sputum, you will take the final X -ray one month after. In her case she took the x-ray and passed and before reaching home same day from IOM, IRCC updated the medical Examination to PASSED. With the negative sputum test, you are most certain to pass the medical. Just follow up with the Hospital after 30 days to make sure you return for the X-ray .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olashile147: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2022
Cannyboy:
Goodday the gurus,pls i have a question concerning my admission at LAMBTON COLLEGE,am going for a two years pgc program in Human Resources Management with co-op,my tuition cost 26kcad,pls i want to ask if anyboby have any info concerning thier mode of payment,or if the school is accepting part payment and how much will it be the part payment from 26kCad.and i also want to ask how much will my sponsor have to present to ircc concerning( pof).curs my Father is my sponsor.@Lekiboboe,@ketima,@mrprolifik,@tecoon2020@showyoung,@technix

Hello Cannyboy, pls did you submit your official transcript before a decision was made on your admission application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2022
1. It is not too late
2. Yes, you can. Let me know if you need assistance with school admission
3. They are fast in processing admissions. You can get it within 2-3 weeks, depending on the program
After you complete your studies, you can get a 1-yr PGWP if you studied a 1-year program, whereas a 2-yr program gives you 3-yr PGWP.
The coop added to the 1-yr program simply means that work (could be paid or unpaid) is part of your program

loluwaomo:
Hi Guys i am new here... i actually have Masters admission offers for UK for January 2023 intake but i intend switching to Canada.
1. I applied to centinnial college for a year program with co-op option but may i know if its not to late considering the fact that i intend resuming January.
2. Can I apply to two courses in centinnal college ...is there anyone who has done it before
3. How long does it take to get feedback from centinnal college after sending the required documents
4. I studied Philosophy for my undergrad and currently doing CIPM.. Completed my NYSC last year and i work as a graduate trainee with an investment firm

Can someone shed more light on 1 year ( coop option) and 2 years program... I have a Bachelors degree in philosophy with a 2.1 and i finished my NYSC last year...
Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by loluwaomo: 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
Thank you so much...i just sent an email
bullstriker:
1. It is not too late
2. Yes, you can. Let me know if you need assistance with school admission
3. They are fast in processing admissions. You can get it within 2-3 weeks, depending on the program
After you complete your studies, you can get a 1-yr PGWP if you studied a 1-year program, whereas a 2-yr program gives you 3-yr PGWP.
The coop added to the 1-yr program simply means that work (could be paid or unpaid) is part of your program

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hi,

Please how do I get to Lagos vac venue for biometrics from obalande
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dame24: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
Who else is waiting for ppr after medical request? since May.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2022
Dame24:
Who else is waiting for ppr after medical request? since May.

You mean you got medical request since May?

When was your medicals updated ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Elejire2828: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2022
ShowYoung:

What do you want help on?

Is it admission?

Study Visa?
study visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olasubomy: 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
Trishchy:
Hello Everyone

Please, I want to know what actually determines whether someone will be given a PGWP of 2 or 3 years after completing 2years or more course?

I quite know a year course gives a year PGWP

Thanks.

This page would give you the full information on how the immigration officers access applications to issue PGWP:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

The ultimate decision always lies at the discretion of the immigration officer.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Positiveme2020: 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2022
TradeSunMoore:

Yes.My daughter has the furtherance test for TB. After the negative sputum, you will take the final X -ray one month after. In her case she took the x-ray and passed and before reaching home same day from IOM, IRCC updated the medical Examination to PASSED. With the negative sputum test, you are most certain to pass the medical. Just follow up with the Hospital after 30 days to make sure you return for the X-ray .

Thanks you very much sir, I have been asked to return after 27th July. How do I inform IOM about the date I would like to do the x-ray.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by donbabe2000: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
pls gurus

i have been working in the bank for 9yrs as a customer service,i got addmission to study hospitality and tourism management but i was adviced to go for a course that is related to my work experience.

i want to change to HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT OR INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT

please i need ur candid advice on the best one to choose as a customer service executive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sweetchi1011: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Good morning all,

Guys ITS PPPPRRRRRRR o for me. Today is the last day of our mid year 10 days fast in NSPPD and RCCG and God decided to show me mercy. Pls celebrate God with me o

Chizzy, your own sweet me specially because I remember your delay and you are always congratulating people and saying yours is next!

God is indeed faithful!!

Congratulations dearie

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omodesmond7744: 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
Please house am new here and I want to apply for a diploma course in college am 27yrs old can i apply and for the visa application in the area of prove of ties to ur country for a person who don't have a well doing family and an asset but can sponsor himself to school in Canada with prove of funds how will I go about it please house i need response thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Trishchy: 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
olasubomy:

This page would give you the full information on how the immigration officers access applications to issue PGWP:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

Alright
Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Trishchy: 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
bullstriker:
You will get a 3-year PGWP when you complete a program of at least 2 years. To get the PGWP, you have to meet the conditions of your study permit, which include but are not limited to the following:
Studying full-time (except your last semester)
Not taking more than 150 days of authorized leave from studies
Have a valid study permit at the time you apply
Apply within 180 days of completing your studies

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deronke1: 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
Fam, please how much is gcms note?

Resumption is September 6th, time is going. Please how much is it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Faithnik: 6:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
Please who is going to Lethbridge Alberta?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Trishchy: 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2022
olasubomy:

I can summarize my reading from the link u shared that, if you studied for more than 2years you stand a higher chance of getting 3years PGWP and if you completed more than a program in 2 years u also have a chance, though everything lies on IRCC officers. I stand to be corrected.
Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by favourdamsel: 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2022
So happy for you ooh. I thank God for you. It was really so long wait. But I thank God for intervention in PPR. It ended in Praise. my Own Canada student permit approval is next in Jesus Name.
Chiziteremary:
Good morning all,

Guys ITS PPPPRRRRRRR o for me. Today is the last day of our mid year 10 days fast in NSPPD and RCCG and God decided to show me mercy. Pls celebrate God with me o

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Good morning all,

Congratulations! The maple land will favour you in Jesus name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2022
https://newrealmimmigration.com/gcms-notes/
$15CDN
Deronke1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Cannyboy: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2022
From obalende find your way to bonnycamp from their,you can enter ikate.alite at ikate bus stop from dier you can ask vac,is workable not far from the bus stop.asap
johnstan:
Hi,

Please how do I get to Lagos vac venue for biometrics from obalande
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2022
You can sponsor yourself. However, without a sponsor, you are required to show tuition fees and living expenses for the entire duration of your program.
Also, self-sponsorship could pose the issue of your intention to return if you have JUST enough for your program, as the VO could be wondering if the education is worth spending your life-saving on.

If you have completed post-secondary education, go for a post-graduate program. And, if it's been a while since you left school, ensure your current occupation is related to your intended program.

There are other ways to show ties besides properties. You can show ties through any of the following:

Submit identity documents and photos of family in Nigeria
Letter from an association you belong to
Letter from Employer granting you study leave
Promotion letter from your employer
Volunteer work and other activities
Copy of entry stamps/ boarding pass/visa of countries you have visited.

All the best
omodesmond7744:
Please house am new here and I want to apply for a diploma course in college am 27yrs old can i apply and for the visa application in the area of prove of ties to ur country for a person who don't have a well doing family and an asset but can sponsor himself to school in Canada with prove of funds how will I go about it please house i need response thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
The one I applied via http://www.thegcmsonline.com I was charged 9.77USD
Deronke1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jvmum(f): 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Good morning all,

.......ahhhhhh....Thank God ooooooo.....your update is one of the ones I have been waiting for...see how I left my food to type ooo...God is good! Go ye and be favoured in the land.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Rejoice in the Lord

Chiziteremary:
Good morning all,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yeleola: 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
Surely, am going to give my PPR testimony tomorrow 14th July 2022 by the special grace of God. E MI LOKAN to give testimony.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.