Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? (16271 Views)

Keke, Okada Back On Lagos Roads, One Month After Ban / Skaters: The New Menace On Roads In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by greatness77: 9:46am On Jan 28, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Dispatch riders in Lagos are mostly transformed Okada riders and they are wired to be suicidal ...
Hahahahahaha!! Lolz
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by thinkmoney(m): 9:47am On Jan 28, 2022
andysmith123:
just set leg for them if they try to overtake you again!
Don't set leg for anybody please. They need to be looked at by the authority but please don't become a murderer. Those guys too dey suffer
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by udemzyudex(m): 9:50am On Jan 28, 2022
atarapa:
Yes. In the other day one hit my bumper and start claiming right, before you know it they full. In front of my house. I just do the needful by releasing three of my Dogs. Come hear abeg sir, please sir.....me I form deaf ear nah. ���

Lol..one day wey person go use pako nack dog brain or chuk am knife for Street like one video wey I watch go happen again. grin

Any small thing Una don release dog,you think say the other person no go defend himself?

I still dey wait for the day one person go try am with me,the kind two by two wey I go nack the dog for brain ehn, em go know say I be Akwa ibom boy grin though I no dey eat dog. grin grin grin
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Adakintroy: 9:51am On Jan 28, 2022
Belial06:
[s][/s]

Never bring a man down if you can't help him up. These guys are trying to survive in a country that offers them nothing . Where the leaders are a group of greedy corrupt criminals .

You took away okada riding from then now they are surviving as dispatch riders , yet you are complaining again?

What works in Nigeria really? Show me one politician from your president who disobeys court orders to any local government councillor that obeys the laws!

Yes they are rough on the roads but caution anyone whenever you can while remembering,that person is a father , a husband, a brother trying to feed his family instead of engaging in crime like you government who sit and steal with their pens.

I respect a reckless dispatch rider anytime any day over any governmental official. Because he is earning an honest living while the government just steal !!

Live and let live! Don't give a dog a bad name just to justify your planned murder of the same dog

God bless you. Regulate them. That's best not barn.
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2022
BeardedmeatR:
Trash!

They are getting crushed everyday with their brains scattered all over the high way and you blame the customer?

Oh please!
can you just comprehend simple thing? I'm trying to explain why government has refused to barn them and stop all these manace on the road not that I'm blaming anyone, if government decide to barn them today, will there be any story?
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by omoharry(f): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2022
Belial06:
[s][/s]

Never bring a man down if you can't help him up. These guys are trying to survive in a country that offers them nothing . Where the leaders are a group of greedy corrupt criminals .

You took away okada riding from then now they are surviving as dispatch riders , yet you are complaining again?

What works in Nigeria really? Show me one politician from your president who disobeys court orders to any local government councillor that obeys the laws!

Yes they are rough on the roads but caution anyone whenever you can while remembering,that person is a father , a husband, a brother trying to feed his family instead of engaging in crime like you government who sit and steal with their pens.

I respect a reckless dispatch rider anytime any day over any governmental official. Because he is earning an honest living while the government just steal !!

Live and let live! Don't give a dog a bad name just to justify your planned murder of the same dog

Your justification for thier reckless driving is not only irresponsible but also appalling.
Yes,the govt banned okada due to this same reckless driving,which has sent so many people to thier early grave and crippled so many for life .
These delivery drivers are suppose to be corperate drivers , who are expected to drive with all sense of caution and safety while driving . Considering the reason why commercial motorcycle was banned in the first place .
This is the reason why your kind have continued to flout the laws of the land and breaking all the rules of driving because you expect govt to cone and teach you how to drive or put a chips in your brain to calm your testosterone down when driving .
So, the govt is now responsible for thier reckless driving, because okada was banned ? Did the govt mandate them to drive like man people on the road, without any care in the world for the safety of other commuters on the road ?.
Your kind is the reason why the future of this country remains bleak for the youth .

1 Like

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by bigcee(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:
Yes they are.
Dispatch riders can pass through your sitting room to the next street if you leave your door open.
What if GPS directed him to take that way grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by FireUpNow(m): 9:57am On Jan 28, 2022
Anything Okada is a menace to the society
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by wagazala: 9:58am On Jan 28, 2022
Belial06:
[s][/s]

What are you saying? This comment makes no sense at all.
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by 989900: 9:59am On Jan 28, 2022
There is an evil spirit/adrenaline that pushes bike riders -- it is transnational, tribe less, raceless. They can't just behave normal.
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Ezendimmuo: 10:08am On Jan 28, 2022
Belial06:
[s][/s]

What nonsense is this??
They cannot hustle with sense or what?
You must be a reckless dispatch rider as well...
Switch of your data if you have nothing useful to say

1 Like

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by myike2(m): 10:11am On Jan 28, 2022
BeardedmeatR:
Myike2, this guy is same person as ! shocked

Why was this hard to tell? grin

Wawu cheesy One bottle of Hennessy for you

1 Like

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by davit: 10:13am On Jan 28, 2022
Oponu somebody
Belial06:
[s][/s]

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by OgunkeelAllMod: 10:13am On Jan 28, 2022
Even in Abuja here

Very terrible, muntula Abok1 lot!

Total disregard to pedestrian and road regulations, especially on pedestrians way, I almost sound one a dirty backhand while walking one day like that angry..just came outta nowhere ,rode past me fast I jumped to one side o

Ogun lakaye go use them fOols renew him power idiots!
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by TolaniLuv: 10:21am On Jan 28, 2022
Belial06:
[s][/s]

Your thinking is so childish! People like you are the reason nothing will never work in nigeria. Encouraging reckless driving , what is wrong with them riding there bike like a sane person? This people are heartless I can’t count how many time they have break my side mirror or just hit you from back and run away inside traffic. Some even do it on purpose! My side mirror cost 70k each . Imagine trying to stop and catch one inside traffic they begun like a wind! So, this is ok? I’m sure you are not a car owner yet!
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Khaysee: 10:34am On Jan 28, 2022
*Job Alert*

Experienced Dispatch Rider needed for immediate employment.

*Preferred Location:* mainland Lagos

*-Salary : 50k and you can collect weekly on request
*-HMO*
*-Bonus and other* *incentives daily available.*

Call or WhatsApp

Kindly refer a friend and earn money.
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:41am On Jan 28, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
can you just comprehend simple thing? I'm trying to explain why government has refused to barn them and stop all these manace on the road not that I'm blaming anyone, if government decide to barn them today, will there be any story?
You should call for regulation not ban.

And there's nothing to comprehend in your post except you justifying their recklessness.
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 10:47am On Jan 28, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:
Yes they are.
Dispatch riders can pass through your sitting room to the next street if you leave your door open.
grin grin
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Belial06: 10:52am On Jan 28, 2022
[s]
TolaniLuv:

Your thinking is so childish! People like you are the reason nothing will never work in nigeria. Encouraging reckless driving , what is wrong with them riding there bike like a sane person? This people are heartless I can’t count how many time they have break my side mirror or just hit you from back and run away inside traffic. Some even do it on purpose! My side mirror cost 70k each . Imagine trying to stop and catch one inside traffic they begun like a wind! So, this is ok? I’m sure you are not a car owner yet!
[/s]
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by tradepunter: 10:53am On Jan 28, 2022
Belial06:
[s][/s]

Shut up there
Been sentimental over rubbish... Of what use is a job if you endangering the lives of others and yourself.

No body is saying they are not hardworking but it's daft and stupid of them to drive recklessly...

One hit a young Lady some weeks back, the formatting he got from people ehhn... I am sure he will never in his life sit on a bike..
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by Belial06: 10:55am On Jan 28, 2022
[s]
tradepunter:

Shut up there
Been sentimental over rubbish... Of what use is a job if you endangering the lives of others and yourself.

No body is saying they are not hardworking but it's daft and stupid of them to drive recklessly...

One hit a young Lady some weeks back, the formatting he got from people ehhn... I am sure he will never in his life sit on a bike..
[/s]
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by techWriter3: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2022
dispatches riders in Lagos are mostly evolved Okada riders and they are cabling to wanna suicidal ...
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by ihesiuloa(m): 11:18am On Jan 28, 2022
boookworm:

And you just made a typo of your own. Should I say you're strange because of it?
Don't mind that tramp of a guy! He thinks he can not make mistakes, coupled with his senseless comments.

1 Like

Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by tctrills: 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
Esseite:
In as much as it would be considered progress having moved from fire to frying pan in regards the motorcycle menace one faces in Lagos on Highways especially the lekki corridors, but with the dispatch riders, the apple really has not fallen far from the tree.

In all Honesty, one thinks the Dispatch rider menace is growing rapidly out of hand, these people are reckless drivers, it's more like 80% of "Okada" riders metamorphosed with their terrible attitude to dispatch riders.

They drive their bikes with reckless abandon and cross highways like they own the road while auto drivers are peasants, they want to maneuver in the littlest crack even if it would cost scratches and dents on the car beside it, they hit your car when you warn them about the space being small while suggesting they look for a better route..

They form a swarm of bees if you eventually decide to take it out on anyone of them..

They barely observe auto pointers even lack common sense judgement on vehicular movements..

Forcing a passenger in between the rider and the dispatch box..

Most carry goods way bigger than the dispatch box : with no side mirrors, making them ride like headless chickens at an uncontrollable speed if a car decides to swerve avoiding an object.

No respect to traffic lights: I purposely almost hit one the other day, because obviously he must have thought the cars at the red lights are really stupid.

The other day one was racing with a car not considering he is just riding on two wheels with tires filled with hot air, I slowed down to let him pass and he had this delight and smirk on his face like he had won the champions league.

There should be a law on bikes sticking to the right side of the highway, that way motorist knows to give room for them...

Here is a thread of one almost killed, yet another on same express hailing Nairamarley..
https://www.nairaland.com/6519785/dispatch-rider-almost-crushed-tanker

In the attached picture, what is dispatch doing between a car and a truck on a 14lanes lekki tailgate expressway..
What is wrong with you? You would always find fault in others. These are people and businesses serving society but to you, they are the menace. I am sure you gave a job, so let others work to feed their families. If you don't have any stats to show then shut up. In your lengthy article, you couldn't point to any stats to show that these people are more reckless than any other driver on the road.
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by tctrills: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2022
techWriter3:
dispatches riders in Lagos are mostly evolved Okada riders and they are cabling to wanna suicidal ...
Is this what you think or do you have any stats to prove it. You cant just be claiming anything these days. How many accidents were caused by dispatch riders in the last year?
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by tctrills: 1:42pm On Jan 28, 2022
TolaniLuv:

Look you need to show stats. How many accidents were caused by these guys in the last year? You don't just open your mouth and tell unconfirmed or untrue statements. You are educated so pull out the stats instead of this guess work
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by EPIJOE: 2:33pm On Jan 28, 2022
TO BE HONEST, WAS THINKING OF RAISING THIS TOPIC, TILL OP HIT THE BULLS EYES. I HAVE ZERO PITY FOR THEM.
THEY DON'T OBEY TRAFFIC RULES,
AND THEY SPOIL YOUR SIDE MIRROR S AND MAKE WAY SHARP SHARPLY.
SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE..
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by free2ryhme: 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
BeardedmeatR:
NEXT TIME, DONT STOP!

Except your escape route is not very free. You are lucky to get off this with your life and car.

I had to stop because I had nothing to hide nor at fault. Running would have proved me guilty
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by TolaniLuv: 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2022
tctrills:

Look you need to show stats. How many accidents were caused by these guys in the last year? You don't just open your mouth and tell unconfirmed or untrue statements. You are educated so pull out the stats instead of this guess work

Do I look like work or care? About the numbers? If the ops post about it . It means this is what happen daily in traffic and if you are a car owners you will understand the pain
Re: Are Distpatch Riders The Next Menace On Lagos Roads? by tctrills: 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2022
TolaniLuv:

Do I look like work or care? About the numbers? If the ops post about it . It means this is what happen daily in traffic and if you are a car owners you will understand the pain
You obviously don't care. Anyone including you can make any false claim without the numbers to back it up. I could even claim that most accidents are caused by bicycles and soon people start to believe it. This wouldn't be the first time people have believed false claims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please I Need Direction To Gbagada!!! / Agent Demanding N1.3M For Visa To Spain / Lagos State Government Announces Traffic Diversion Along Marina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.