Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. (18191 Views)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? / Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2022
Thanks...I have gotten enough[Qquote author=bazzyblings post=109870971]

You really need advice . Send me a mail[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
Tank you very much
You are welcome. I am resident abroad and talking from experience. They usually show all these immigration palava on TV.

What your uncle wants to you to do is illegal and he will use you as a nanny slave and sex object for him and his freinds. This is also prevalent in Asia communities.

Graduate in Nigeria and obtain work experience. Then I will connect you to my friend that works with NHS in UK.

Note that you must have nursing work experience and pass the UK exam. After 5 years of working, you can apply for UK Permanent residency and Citizenship. Your husband and children will also get citizenship.

You are 25 in your prime. Use this time to get your husband in Nigeria. Most high value men do not want women above 28 years old irrespective of your status . In abroad, it is very hard for black girls to marry due to racial stereotype.

Let me know when you have graduated and acquired nursing experience. Get married and don't risk your future for slavery.

Your uncle is a wicked man. Someone that have never visited you and he wants you to be a nanny for free. Tell him to sponsor your Nursing education first in USA and see how he will fleece away. He is a poor man looking for free labour for survival.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 6:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
I replied... tanks
metalgear11:
This is a very dicey situation and many points have to be answered before you make your final decision.

1. Your uncle wants you to come to take care of his children. In America today, people really need childcare especially in this COVID era. That's his primary concern, not your education. How sure are you that he will sponsor your education as he said when the time comes? Childcare here in the US is EXPENSIVE.

2. How are you going to come? Like someone said, are you coming as a visitor? I hear getting visas other than student is a daunting task now and that interviews are backed up until 2024,, and there's even no assurance you will be granted a visa. Are you willing to hold your education on the premise that he will "sponsor" your education after two years?

If I were you, rather than wait, I will enroll in Nursing school. Getting into the US these days is not as easy as it was before. Don't build your future based on mere promises. Get your qualifications first, then write your NCLEX exams. You will have a better chance that way than to come empty handed. Nurses are in high demand here in the US. I know that cos my mum is an RN here and i know how much she makes. Your uncle's priority is his children, not you.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
metalgear11:
This is a very dicey situation and many points have to be answered before you make your final decision.

1. Your uncle wants you to come to take care of his children. In America today, people really need childcare especially in this COVID era. That's his primary concern, not your education. How sure are you that he will sponsor your education as he said when the time comes? Childcare here in the US is EXPENSIVE.

2. How are you going to come? Like someone said, are you coming as a visitor? I hear getting visas other than student is a daunting task now and that interviews are backed up until 2024,, and there's even no assurance you will be granted a visa. Are you willing to hold your education on the premise that he will "sponsor" your education after two years?

If I were you, rather than wait, I will enroll in Nursing school. Getting into the US these days is not as easy as it was before. Don't build your future based on mere promises. Get your qualifications first, then write your NCLEX exams. You will have a better chance that way than to come empty handed. Nurses are in high demand here in the US. I know that cos my mum is an RN here and i know how much she makes. Your uncle's priority is his children, not you.

Well said. Most people advising her to go are ignorant with poverty background.

They don't know anything about abroad and only use movies for guidance.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tank you very much sir...I will get back to you when I am done.
hosey:

You are welcome. I am resident abroad and talking from experience. They usually show all these immigration palava on TV.

What your uncle wants to you to do is illegal and he will use you as a nanny slave and sex object for him and his freinds. This is also prevalent in Asia communities.

Graduate in Nigeria and obtain work experience. Then I will connect you to my friend that works with NHS in UK.

Note that you must have nursing work experience and pass the UK exam. After 5 years of working, you can apply for UK Permanent residency and Citizenship. Your husband and children will also get citizenship.

You are 25 in your prime. Use this time to get your husband in Nigeria. Most high value men do not want women above 28 years old irrespective of your status . In abroad, it is very hard for black girls to marry due to racial stereotype.

Let me know when you have graduated and acquired nursing experience. Get married and don't risk your future for slavery.

Your uncle is a wicked man. Someone that have never visited you and he wants you to be a nanny for free. Tell him to sponsor your Nursing education first in USA and see how he will fleece away. He is a poor man looking for free labour for survival.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
Tank you very much sir...I will get back to you when I am done.

You are welcome and wish you the best.

UK need hardworking nurses like you. Just continue study hard. The sky is your limit.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 6:48pm On Feb 01, 2022
Thank you sir...I appreciate
hosey:

You are welcome and wish you the best.

UK need hardworking nurses like you. Just continue study hard. The sky is your limit.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by omasa: 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
Am a nurse here in the United States. I got my nursing certification from Nigeria and it was like a golden ticket to travel. Many agencies will rush you. Nurses here are comfortable. To school here as a nurse is very expensive and I don't know if your uncle is willing to pay for that. There is nothing as better as being independent here. No one I repeat absolutely no one wants a liability. Best thing will be to pray about it and let God lead you.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by linearity: 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2022
Cousin9999:

This woman is not fleeing war. There's no reason for her to even entertain this risk. She's headed for nursing school, and on her way to legal status and a high-paying job from the first day she enters the US.

Again, no one is encouraging her to flee even if there is war.....I was just trying to project a moderated level playing narratives.

FYI:
Nothing guarantees her a legal status in the US, not even her Nursing degree. H1b would be a best option for her after her Nursing degree in Nigeria; but she must graduate first, be a registered Nurse for at least two years in Nigeria, then get a US employer to sponsor her.....then she will enter the queue for one of those limited, highly sort-after and hard to get 65,000 H1b visa slots available worldwide to High Tech migrates to the US every year.

Alternatively, if she enters the US as a visitor even as a Nursing degree holder, she can not work with her degree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by upsupa(m): 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
Everybody has unique circumstances.

Take the opportunity to come to the US. Your uncle may not be doing it for you but he may be doing it because you are family. Nannies can be found anywhere, if he is offering you an opportunity then take it.

How much does Nursing pay in Nigeria? The pandemic may not last for a long time and the so called opportunities for nurses trained in Nigeria may disappear. Do not listen to people who have not lived in the system telling you he cannot pay for your nursing school.

Nursing (RN) is a 2 year program at a community college and if your B. Sc. is solid you can do an accelerated BSN in 2 years as well. University training may be expensive here but Community College is not that expensive and you can always go back to university. Life involves risk and taking advantage of opportunity. If your uncle is a solid individual (your parents will know if he is solid) then take the opportunity and the risk. Even if he does not pay for the schooling you will have opportunity to better yourself in the US

Just my opinion
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by hassinho707(m): 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
I recently graduated from the university and i got admission in school of nursing here in Nigeria.

I have an uncle who is based in USA and he wants me to come over to USA and take care of his child for two yrs.After two yrs,he will sponsor me to any school of my choice n within the two yrs,i will be doing part time program.

I will be 25yrs this year.

Should i continue with my nursing school which will be resuming on April or accept the offer.I am in a dilemna.

Pls advice me.
Mod pls help move it to front page .Thanks all
You better pack your things and leave this country before if not you will regret in future.

And make sure when you get there, enroll in any digital skills like digital marketing, graphics design etc... Any of them will make you a millionaire..

Good luck dear.... I dey your back dey come
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by riczy(m): 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Lavisha:
Hey,

Your bro is a LIAR.
You may end up as a nanny forever.

Go to Nursing School, nurses are making it big time Nowadays.
where are they making it big in Nigeria? Lies!!!
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by riczy(m): 7:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
A nanny in US is better than a Nurse working in a private hospital in NGA, don't say u were nt told ohhhh wen d time comes
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Ugmama(m): 7:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
Hmmm...tanks

I will tell you the truth dear, don't mind everything you read here

If your uncle is someone you can trust and you know very well.

I will advise you go to USA, it's the best bet.

Take it from me
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
Truth is that i have not seen him bfor
Ugmama:

I will tell you the truth dear, don't mind everything you read here
If your uncle is someone you can trust and you know very well.
I will advise you go to USA, it's the best bet.
Take it from me
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by tit(f): 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
If possible, Travel after graduation
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
Lol...tanks
hassinho707:

You better pack your things and leave this country before if not you will regret in future.

And make sure when you get there, enroll in any digital skills like digital marketing, graphics design etc... Any of them will make you a millionaire..

Good luck dear.... I dey your back dey come
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by nervorum: 7:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
I recently graduated from the university and i got admission in school of nursing here in Nigeria.

I have an uncle who is based in USA and he wants me to come over to USA and take care of his child for two yrs.After two yrs,he will sponsor me to any school of my choice n within the two yrs,i will be doing part time program.

I will be 25yrs this year.

Should i continue with my nursing school which will be resuming on April or accept the offer.I am in a dilemna.

Pls advice me.
Mod pls help move it to front page .Thanks all

Depends on what you really want; join the 'abroad wagon' now now or education. Whatever the case, grabbing the schl of nursing offer maybe the easiest route. With schl of nursing, you can still get to that America on your own terms, at worse, to the UK. The 2 years you would use baby sitting would push you more than half way thru nursing training. If you go to the US now, say, on a visitors visa to help your uncle, even when you start any form of college education, you may not be eligible to free or 'home tuition'

Sometimes the best route is usually not the shortest.

You have a potentially fantastic opportunity with the offer of nursing education. Don't tie your destiny to the promises of a mortal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by jaykai24(m): 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2022
Continue with your Nursing as nurses are in high demand in western world such as UK, Ireland, USA, Australia etc.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by nervorum: 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
He is a medical doctor n has a hospital over dere.

Aunty, calm down. Don't be carried away by his profession or practise.

It's exciting to emigrate now, especially when you have an opportunity.

Take the schl of nursing offer. You'r alrdy 25. You would still land in the US with any form of nursing education from Nigeria, ON YOUR OWN. TERMS.

What will you do if he doesn't send you to schl?

Don't be deceived by those who say you'd get student loan for education while you're there, the reality maybe different cos of your visa status.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tank u
nervorum:

Aunty, calm down. Don't be carried away by his profession or practise.

It's exciting to emigrate now, especially when you have an opportunity.

Take the schl of nursing offer. You'r alrdy 25. You would still land in the US with any form of nursing education from Nigeria, ON YOUR OWN. TERMS.

What will you do if he doesn't send you to schl?

Don't be deceived by those who say you'd get student loan for education while you're there, the reality maybe different cos of your visa status.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Ugmama(m): 7:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
Truth is that i have not seen him bfor

But you're sure he's a doctor and practicing in America.

Please go for it if he's sponsoring you.

No pain no gain
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tank u
nervorum:

Depends on what you really want; join the 'abroad wagon' now now or education. Whatever the case, grabbing the schl of nursing offer maybe the easiest route. With schl of nursing, you can still get to that America on your own terms, at worse, to the UK. The 2 years you would use baby sitting would push you more than half way thru nursing training. If you go to the US now, say, on a visitors visa to help your uncle, even when you start any form of college education, you may not be eligible to free or 'home tuition'

Sometimes the best route is usually not the shortest.

You have a potentially fantastic opportunity with the offer of nursing education. Don't tie your destiny to the promises of a mortal.

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tanks
Ugmama:

But you're sure he's a doctor and practicing in America.
Please go for it if he's sponsoring you.
No pain no gain
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by bellenornor(f): 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
Tanks but i tink i wil continue wit my nursing skull
Please, I'm interested in going for the nanny job.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Codes151(m): 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
See question.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Floreate: 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2022
By any means, GO TO THE US of A
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2022
He wanted only blood relative...sorry
bellenornor:
Please, I'm interested in going for the nanny job.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by mukthar2000(m): 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
If that ur uncle would be sincere with u after the 2years to sponsored ur education is better u japaa ooo, use ur brain pls

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tank u very much
omasa:
Am a nurse here in the United States. I got my nursing certification from Nigeria and it was like a golden ticket to travel. Many agencies will rush you. Nurses here are comfortable. To school here as a nurse is very expensive and I don't know if your uncle is willing to pay for that. There is nothing as better as being independent here. No one I repeat absolutely no one wants a liability. Best thing will be to pray about it and let God lead you.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tanks[quote author=upsupa post=109871956]Everybody has unique circumstances.

Take the opportunity to come to the US. Your uncle may not be doing it for you but he may be doing it because you are family. Nannies can be found anywhere, if he is offering you an opportunity then take it.

How much does Nursing pay in Nigeria? The pandemic may not last for a long time and the so called opportunities for nurses trained in Nig
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by cococandy(f): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
He is a medical doctor n has a hospital over dere.
He can afford a nanny. Why does he need you?
Suspicious

Edited. You said he only wants a blood relative. Guess that makes sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Speeding Vehicle Kills DELSU Female Student In Delta State. Photos / Sanwo-Olu Sympathises With Victims Of Ikeja Train, BRT Accident / Multiple Vehicles Accident Along Lagos-benin Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.