Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland (2197 Views)

My Experience With Eckankar Religion / Eckankar, The Path Of Spiritual Freedom / His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 9:14am On Jan 30, 2022
I went to Army Day Secondary School Sani Abacha Barracks Abuja around 1996. Back in the day, we used to pass by this ECK Center located in the bush of what is today New Nyanya while visiting family up north or going for tours around Nasarawa and Jos.

As little chatty and inquisitive boys we would talk about how that is a place of "cultists kingdom" when we were listings cults. We use to list cars too and more. When we pass by the ECK center in New Nyanya, we would try not to look at it and would be praying, binding and casting for fear of something zapping us in.

I eventually went to another school. I would see their posters with "HU a Love song to God" written on it. I would wonder how that kind of song would go, just "HU" and you have sang a love song...?

Odd and doesn't make sense for me! I didn't know it was sung in a long drawn out manner. I concluded "Huh" would rather be an exclamation. This all happened in my head while trekking back to the hostel one day from town.

I found Nairaland back in 2005. Thanks to a paper called Success Digest Extra which I never missed. After being a regular spectator on Nairaland without an account, I decided to register 2009.

I have had spiritual experiences as a little boy of about 7 or so where I met a man in heaven whom I believe was the lord Jesus Christ due to his shining countenance and Jesus-like hair and facial semblance to the images of Jesus around.

I told my mum about this who hushed me up because she believed such might mean I was going to die. She probably prayed about this. I latter got to see the picture of this man in an ECKANKAR book after joining. They called him "Gopal Das". He was a master who served in the ancient empire of Egypt. He now teaches the ways of the Holy Spirit in a 'Golden Wisdom' school in the capital of the first heaven.

I had experiences with light in my dreams that made my physical eyes weak to sunlight. This was me around 7-8 years old or so. Around being 23 years, I had constant visions of the future coupled with numerous déjà-vus that it confuses me if life is being rewound or something.

I started to give attention to esoteric websites. I was looking to be an extraordinary Christian beyond a bench warming full-of-scripture-and-beliefs type without any tangible proof or experience with the supernatural other than what I believe and read.

This voice that speaks to me right from when I could remember had now guided me to Christ Embassy as where I should be calling it a "pot". It goes "Use this pot to..." ( I am not including the remaining words for privacy).

I had and did it all at Christ Embassy. Did the ministry training and all and at one point, I was satiated and would not have any more. I stopped going to church after watching a certain Joyce Meyer sermon, not that she did or said something wrong.

What she said I guess activated an instinct, and that was it! No more church, bible or any other thing for me. I want my own experience and not that of others!

Nairaland can give you a job, mate, religion, God or deGod you. Ladies and gentle men, it began right here:

https://www.nairaland.com/533844/contemplation-seeds-eckankar/3

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by peterincredible: 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/533844/contemplation-seeds-eckan

Yeah I am going through that thread now for the past one week now and I saw the questions u asked the op of that thread then 2010-2011-2012 meen what a humble beginning

I would like to ask what is ure experience since then following the Eck path

How often do you soul travel now and can you do it at will am really interested in your reply

I am having serious interest in it

1 Like

Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by peterincredible: 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
I have been meditating for 50mins almost every morning now for the past 5 months now

And have been doing the huuuu chanting meditation for about four days now(15 mins once a day) and I notice if I do it and I focus on my third eye I do feel some kind of pressure on my forehead after a while is this normal?

And also I notice the effect is much stronger when I chant the huuu in my mind
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2022
peterincredible:
I have been meditating for 50mins almost every morning now for the past 5 months now

And have been doing the huuuu chanting meditation for about four days now(15 mins once a day) and I notice if I do it and I focus on my third eye I do feel some kind of pressure on my forehead after a while is this normal?

Hello bro.

Sorry about the late response. You could have quoted mentioned me so I would know. I am just seeing your post today.

I see you are having a nice time with the HU. Soul travel begins by recalling dreams. Dream is a Soul Travel experience in which we are not fully conscious when it's happening. When we know we are in a dream and 'wake up' in the dream while we sleep, then it's Soul Travel. You can now interact with people in distant planets, dimensions, cities, the future etc.

The main goal of Soul Travel is to assure you of life beyond death and take you to the true home of Souls.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 12:31pm On May 14, 2022
peterincredible:
https://www.nairaland.com/533844/contemplation-seeds-eckan

Yeah I am going through that thread now for the past one week now and I saw the questions u asked the op of that thread then 2010-2011-2012 meen what a humble beginning

I would like to ask what is ure experience since then following the Eck path

How often do you soul travel now and can you do it at will am really interested in your reply

I am having serious interest in it

It ranged from wonderful to those which I do not really recall or understand. Initially, I was really zealous about it by singing HU frequently and doing a lot of ECK activities. I would see things about to happen, experience miracles in life, and also do Soul Travel into schools in the inner worlds to learn more about the divine.

I would not say I can do it at will. This is probably because I switched my interest to other aspects of spirituality like opening the heart and also because I reduced my HU-singing activities. I have upped the tempo and commitment to do it diligently now though, and the experiences are coming back gradually and are quite amazing.

On my experience in the path of ECK, this had been quite cool. I learnt that success is majorly coming from one's efforts. Initially I think the ECK masters will try to impress me by taking me on rides in the other worlds and planets, they use to do that for some but don't for people like me. Thanks to my Past Lives of enjoying these side attractions.

The Masters want me to work for it. The ECK program for new comers 'The Easy Way' works this way. You get treated like a child and granted access to places old ECKists work harder to go. This probably is to motivate you on the possibilities available when you achieve Soul Realization and God Realization and you can go anywhere you like and do anything you like.

By and large, there are people in Eckankar who you may find to be bad example of spiritual (loving) persons. They exist in any human gathering. These type are simply little babies in the walk of life and nothing to worry about since the walk is not because of anyone but yourself. They are also merely mirroring back our weaknesses. Only the Living Eck Master and the Eck Masters should be your role model in life. Most Eckists though are usually nice and loving.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 12:37pm On May 14, 2022
peterincredible:

Congrats on that. I am congratulating you because not many people find even a little reaction when singing HU though it happens without there knowledge. If you focus on your spiritual eye and sing HU with love in your heart, you may Soul Travel, See the light of God which will burn negativities in your aura and elsewhere. It will purify you in other words. Just do it to enjoy it and for the fun of it.

My initial goal for trying to sing the HU was to visit planet Venus and Mars grin
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by MrSinister(m): 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2023
Interesting story

1 Like

Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by BetterChurch: 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Nice story

1 Like

Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2023
BetterChurch:
Nice story

Thank you bro smiley
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by LikeAking: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2023
Mine is how to amass wealth on Earth..

Can Eck do it for me?
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by MrSinister(m): 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2023
LikeAking:

Can Eck do it for me?

Prepare for karma
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by elated177: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2023
Chieveboy, what really captured your attention on that page? Which one is your moniker there?
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 8:40am On Jul 26, 2023
elated177:
Chieveboy, what really captured your attention on that page? Which one is your moniker there?

If you are referring to the page run by benodic, understand that I was actively looking for enlightenment at the time. The explanations benodic gave to my questions and my trials of the HU and the experiences I got helped me work it up to Eckankar membership. A student was ready...

It was this very moniker I have been using. Thanks
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 8:44am On Jul 26, 2023
LikeAking:

Can Eck do it for me?

It's possible. Wealth on earth is really easy. The issue is the laws of receiving requires you give. What skill or similar can you give to life? Because the moment you give anything to life, you get it back.

Almost all inventors are meditators who got 100% their inventions via dreams, soul travel, visions, or what we call 'inspiration'.

All of the above a gotten from Eck and no where else. These people do not even know what Eck is or Eckankar. This means no one can do without the Eck.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by Minsk24: 9:55pm On Jan 02
Nice thread, just began my eck journey

1 Like

Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03
Minsk24:

Wow, congrats on this epic decision 🙏👍

1 Like

Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 8:48pm On Jan 03
Minsk24:

You found it via Nairaland too?
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by Steep: 8:59pm On Jan 03
You are being decieved by the kingdom of Satan.
Repent and turn to Jesus Christ he died for you so you will not perish.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by Ken4Christ: 11:26pm On Jan 03
chieveboy:
I went to Army Day Secondary School Sani Abacha Barracks Abuja around 1996. Back in the day, we used to pass by this ECK Center located in the bush of what is today New Nyanya while visiting family up north or going for tours around Nasarawa and Jos.

As little chatty and inquisitive boys we would talk about how that is a place of "cultists kingdom" when we were listings cults. We use to list cars too and more. When we pass by the ECK center in New Nyanya, we would try not to look at it and would be praying, binding and casting for fear of something zapping us in.

I eventually went to another school. I would see their posters with "HU a Love song to God" written on it. I would wonder how that kind of song would go, just "HU" and you have sang a love song...?

Odd and doesn't make sense for me! I didn't know it was sung in a long drawn out manner. I concluded "Huh" would rather be an exclamation. This all happened in my head while trekking back to the hostel one day from town.

I found Nairaland back in 2005. Thanks to a paper called Success Digest Extra which I never missed. After being a regular spectator on Nairaland without an account, I decided to register 2009.

I have had spiritual experiences as a little boy of about 7 or so where I met a man in heaven whom I believe was the lord Jesus Christ due to his shining countenance and Jesus-like hair and facial semblance to the images of Jesus around.

I told my mum about this who hushed me up because she believed such might mean I was going to die. She probably prayed about this. I latter got to see the picture of this man in an ECKANKAR book after joining. They called him "Gopal Das". He was a master who served in the ancient empire of Egypt. He now teaches the ways of the Holy Spirit in a 'Golden Wisdom' school in the capital of the first heaven.

I had experiences with light in my dreams that made my physical eyes weak to sunlight. This was me around 7-8 years old or so. Around being 23 years, I had constant visions of the future coupled with numerous déjà-vus that it confuses me if life is being rewound or something.

I started to give attention to esoteric websites. I was looking to be an extraordinary Christian beyond a bench warming full-of-scripture-and-beliefs type without any tangible proof or experience with the supernatural other than what I believe and read.

This voice that speaks to me right from when I could remember had now guided me to Christ Embassy as where I should be calling it a "pot". It goes "Use this pot to..." ( I am not including the remaining words for privacy).

I had and did it all at Christ Embassy. Did the ministry training and all and at one point, I was satiated and would not have any more. I stopped going to church after watching a certain Joyce Meyer sermon, not that she did or said something wrong.

What she said I guess activated an instinct, and that was it! No more church, bible or any other thing for me. I want my own experience and not that of others!

Nairaland can give you a job, mate, religion, God or deGod you. Ladies and gentle men, it began right here:

https://www.nairaland.com/533844/contemplation-seeds-eckankar/3

Thanks smiley

Your foundation in Christ was not strong enough. Besides, you were looking for the wrong things; feelings.

You might feel good with your present religion but it still won't save you. Salvation is in Christ alone. Not even the devil will disprove it.

Repent and come back to Christ, otherwise, you will end up in burning hell.

1 Like

Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by Minsk24: 6:46am On Jan 04
chieveboy:

You found it via Nairaland too?
Yes

1 Like

Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 9:39am On Jan 04
Ken4Christ:

Your foundation in Christ was not strong enough. Besides, you were looking for the wrong things; feelings.

You might feel good with your present religion but it still won't save you. Salvation is in Christ alone. Not even the devil will disprove it.

Repent and come back to Christ, otherwise, you will end up in burning hell.

It's interesting that after death, Christians especially tend to find the afterlife shocking.

It's usually a case of "what I expect" vs "what I am seeing".

While I won't talk about heaven with you because it's in vain owing to spiritual crystalizes which blind faith and belief leads to, I will advice you to go meet or talk to any elder or old patriarch in your family...or any other person who has witnessed firsthand (not "dem say's or "my Bible tells me..."wink what happens to someone when they dies.

You actually work out your salvation even in a simple thing as passing the veil of death which proves not so simple for awon salvation.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 9:46am On Jan 04
Steep:
You are being decieved by the kingdom of Satan.

If you only you know this "Kingdom of Satan"

Repent and turn to Jesus Christ he died for you so you will not perish.

He died for my sin yet I "carry my cross and work out my own salvation".

If you understand the irony and unambiguity of the above statement, you will STOP expecting anyone saving you because NO ONE will and can save you from your sin.

This is why Christians go through everything the people they label "sinners go through, because everyone is actually carrying his cross and working out his own salvation.

The 'Parable of the Sower' is actually on your lot.

What ever you sow, you shall reap. Period! No blood can reap it for you sir.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 9:50am On Jan 04
Minsk24:

Yes

Oh wonderful smiley.

Enjoy the ride and please make sure to give a lot of selfless service to all of life. It helps takes away a lot of burden from you and ease your way into the inner worlds.

The Friday fasts and Monthly Letter to the Master are superb way to remove needless karma wink.

When I joined, I didn't quite believe those things worked and it was a bit difficult for me.

Congrats once again.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by Ken4Christ: 10:43am On Jan 04
chieveboy:

It's interesting that after death, Christians especially tend to find the afterlife shocking.

It's usually a case of "what I expect" vs "what I am seeing".

While I won't talk about heaven with you because it's in vain owing to spiritual crystalizes which blind faith and belief leads to, I will advice you to go meet or talk to any elder an old patriarch in your family or any other person who has witnessed firsthand (not "dem say's or "my Bible tells me..."wink what happens to someone when they dies.

You actually work out your salvation even in a simple thing as passing the veil of death which proves not so simple for awon salvation.

Please, Google real life experiences of those who died and saw heaven and others who went to hell. They are just too many to ignore. Besides, Jesus is the truth. His teachings clearly revealed the existence of heaven and hell.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 10:57am On Jan 04
Ken4Christ:

Please, Google real life experiences of those who died and saw heaven and others who went to hell. They are just too many to ignore. Besides, Jesus is the truth. His teachings clearly revealed the existence of heaven and hell.

Okay... what I aimed by directing you to meet any elder in your village or family is to bring you closer to stop lifting the experience of others on this heaven.

On Google, you also find the experience of non Christians who died and saw one of the heavens.

The traditionalists and mystics have thousands of years before we smelled anything and anyone called "Jesus Christ"and "Christianity" visited the heavens with full consciousness and reported back their findings which is lost in folklores and myths .

Millions of Eckists and even atheists have fulfilled this feats and some do it daily like Paul of the Bible who said "he dies daily".

For your information, when you die, the person you are going to face will not give a hoot about your Christianity or things you believe in. No blood hence will save you from the experience, only your good deeds.

Atheists even advance to the better heavens than some of the best "men of God"...

I will advice you to go and find out what happens to people when they die because for now, you are just spewing what you believe and not what you know. So go and find out first hand because you definitely will be shocked and very disappointed.

Heaven or life after death is not what you read or argue about. You MUST experience , else you're just an ostrich burying it's head in hay against a lion.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by Minsk24: 11:22am On Jan 04
chieveboy:

Oh wonderful smiley.

Enjoy the ride and please make sure to give a lot of selfless service to all of life. It helps takes away a lot of burden from you and ease your way into the inner worlds.

The Friday fasts and Monthly Letter to the Master are superb way to remove needless karma wink.

When I joined, I didn't quite believe those things worked and it was a bit difficult for me.

Congrats once again.
Awesome

1 Like

Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by Steep: 12:48pm On Jan 04
chieveboy:

If you only you know this "Kingdom of Satan"
That is the kingdom you are. You are under deception.

He died for my sin yet I "carry my cross and work out my own salvation".

If you understand the irony and unambiguity of the above statement, you will STOP expecting anyone saving you because NO ONE will and can save you from your sin.
Carrying ones cross in Christianity is not paying for your sin neither is working out salvation means paying for your sin.
You can't work out salvation if you are not saved in the first place.

This is why Christians go through everything the people they label "sinners go through, because everyone is actually carrying his cross and working out his own salvation.

The 'Parable of the Sower' is actually on your lot.

What ever you sow, you shall reap. Period! No blood can reap it for you sir.
The wages of sin is death (eternal separation from God), the price of sin is too high no ordinary man can pay for it only the Lord Jesus can because he is sinless.
If you want to pay for your sin that means you have chosen to spend eternity in the lake of fire.
Don't take that route God loves you that is why he sent Jesus to save you.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04
Steep:
That is the kingdom you are. You are under deception.

Interestingly, when a Christian says this, they meant that as some form of a curse smiley.

They wish pain and suffering, or intend to run one into some emotional culdesac, hoping that the fear will lead to a subscription to their faith.

Truly, I am in the Kingdom of Satan as far as this earth is concerned wink.

Carrying ones cross in Christianity is not paying for your sin neither is working out salvation means paying for your sin.
You can't work out salvation if you are not saved in the first place.

Don't worry na...

"in Christianity" as if when Christians come together to misunderst something, they then are inexplicably excluded from consequences of Karma

You remind me still of the Ostrich burying its head in hay yo escape an approaching lion grin.

Karma touches you regardless of what you believe or don't believe my friend.

If you like, exhaust the whole blood of Jesus on your head, whatever you sow, you must reap.

The wages of sin is death (eternal separation from God), the price of sin is too high no ordinary man can pay for it only the Lord Jesus can because he is sinless.
If you want to pay for your sin that means you have chosen to spend eternity in the lake of fire.
Don't take that route God loves you that is why he sent Jesus to save you.

You can quote all the scriptures that made its way to the bible, then add the one they didn't add.

Whatever you sow, you reap it! No one can save you from it. It's that simple. You can't mock God with any scripture or any blood.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by ItShallPass: 2:22pm On Jan 04
chieveboy:

Interestingly, when a Christian says this, they meant that as some form of a curse smiley.

They wish pain and suffering, or intend to run one into some emotional culdesac, hoping that the fear will lead to a subscription to their faith.

Truly, I am in the Kingdom of Satan as far as this earth is concerned wink.

Don't worry na...

"in Christianity" as if when Christians come together to misunderst something, they then are inexplicably excluded from consequences of Karma

You remind me still of the Ostrich burying its head in hay yo escape an approaching lion grin.

Karma touches you regardless of what you believe or don't believe my friend.

If you like, exhaust the whole blood of Jesus on your head, whatever you sow, you must reap.

You can quote all the scriptures that made its way to the bible, then add the one they didn't add.

Whatever you sow, you reap it! No one can save you from it. It's that simple. You can't mock God with any scripture or any blood.

Man, God still has a plan for your life. Your present interaction with Eckankar is ephemeral. Just like how God saved Iyke Nathan Uzorma who wrote the book Occult Grandmaster Now in Christ, God will save you too some day in His time.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by chieveboy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04
ItShallPass:

Man, God still has a plan for your life.

Of course IT does. What do you think is playing out currently?

Your present interaction with Eckankar is ephemeral. Just like how God saved Iyke Nathan Uzorma who wrote the book Occult Grandmaster Now in Christ.

I read such books too as a Christian back in 1999 or thereabout.

The path of ECK however grants me the grace to rise above Fear and Ignorance which Christianity is based on into the Light and Sound of God.

God will save you too some day in His time.

Careful praying for people without their permission though...you may run into hardships. It is white magic to do so, and invariably black magic.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by ItShallPass: 2:53pm On Jan 04
chieveboy:

Of course IT does. What do you think is playing out currently?

I read such books too as a Christian back in 1999 or thereabout.

The path of ECK however grants me the grace to rise above Fear and Ignorance which Christianity is based on into the Light and Sound of God.

Careful praying for people without their permission though...you may run into hardships. It is white magic to do so, and invariably black magic.

Some day, you would meet God. That's not a prayer. It's a prophecy. It would come to pass in God's time.
Re: How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland by Minsk24: 2:56pm On Jan 04
ItShallPass:

Some day, you would meet God. That's not a prayer. It's a prophecy. It would come to pass in God's time.
Christainity and feeling of supremacy, so laughable

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Very Confusing dream,please I Need Help / FUNNY MEMES That Depict The Reality Of Religion / Does Praying/Cursing Unclad Really Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.