Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans (10764 Views)

Ganduje: Tinubu has approved blueprint to liberate, De-Marginalize South East / Adamu: FG Loans Are Not Bad, Loans Are The Source Of Our Infrastructure / Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by BrandSpurNG: 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2022
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has issued operational guidelines on the Global Service Instructions (GSI), with the goal of reducing the number of bad loans in the banking sector.

The initiative was conceived to address recurring instances of willful loan default in the industry, according to a statement by Chibuzo Efobi, for the Director, Financial Policy and Regulation Department of the apex bank.

According to Efobi, the guidelines will improve the creation of a “watch list,” identify recalcitrant loan defaulters, and improve loan recovery from all eligible and funded accounts in the industry. He went on to say that it would also improve credit payment culture and reduce non-performing loans in Nigeria’s banking system.

“As a result, please be advised that the frequency of recovery attempts via the GSI platform has been changed from a specific number to an unrestricted and continuous number,” he said. He stated that the GSI automated loan recovery feature, which is applicable to all loans in the industry, will be in effect indefinitely, or until the loan is fully repaid.

He urged members of the banking public to review the guidelines on the CBN website, www.cbn.gov.ng. According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the Bankers’ Committee approved the GSI initiative at its February 2020 meeting. Following that, the CBN worked with relevant stakeholders to develop the necessary protocols to facilitate the implementation of the GSI for eligible loans granted beginning on August 28, 2019.
SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2022/01/31/cbn-unveils-blueprint-to-prevent-bad-loans/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by drmuchin: 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
Criminals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by inoki247: 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2022
lol people wey no fear all diz Loan shark app with dere damaging text message na dem go fear CBN blueprint...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by Perfecttouchade: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
Inside naija
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by iCauseTrouble: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
sad
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by Theta1: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2022
All this na grammar. People are hungry, you are talking of blueprint.
They will not talk of how to boost the economy.
Awon oloshi

7 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by Omicron007: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2022
shocked

What has CBN said concerning the loans Buhari went and begged China for?

Are they bad loans too?

4 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by Brendaniel: 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
If the CBN and federal government were doing the right thing loan sharks wouldn't have been an option in the first place...

3 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by cRobo: 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
I won't say a word
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by FreeStuffsNG: 6:54pm On Jan 31, 2022
I don't think this is just taking off,I think it should be fully operational by now.
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by Phock2sweet: 6:55pm On Jan 31, 2022
They should help pay our cash apps loan abeg.
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by Phock2sweet: 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
Verilly:
These loan sharks apps has to be regulated
ban all of them kpatakpata

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 6:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by fabson21(m): 6:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
CBN and doings
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by ImoleNaija: 6:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nigerians don't like repaying loans! Nigerians are chronic debtors! Yet, more loan apps/institutions/sharks are being developed/established daily. They would even go to any length sugarcoating the pill for you.

Like my people would say, "You see mad man's hand uno cut, shey na sane person go allow you cut his/her own". Don't be lured into taking unnecessary loan, be wise. Don't let them turn you to mugu, the wasteful, a gullible person. Don't live all your life putting food on another's table.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by karzyharsky(m): 6:58pm On Jan 31, 2022
With this GSI, if you owe first bank and go keep your money in GTB, first bank will enter your GTB acct debit you for the loan

14 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by sevo(m): 6:58pm On Jan 31, 2022
Frankmurray:
Okay

https://youtube.com/shorts/vXQSk0t_4wk?feature=share

How the picture wey u upload relate to the topic Which kain of nonsense be this??
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
Ok
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by RichDad1(m): 7:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
Interesting days ahead.
I hope this new directive will bind those chronic billionaire debtors and not those owing peanuts? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by Uzorfresh: 7:04pm On Jan 31, 2022
How do I get a loan on behalf of my family members
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by RichDad1(m): 7:05pm On Jan 31, 2022
karzyharsky:
With this GSI, if you owe first bank and go keep your money in GTB, first bank fit will enter your GTB acct debit you for the loan
Modify cheesy

2 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by EmmaLege: 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
If it would work for only a few weeks that won't surprise me
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by Phock2sweet: 7:29pm On Jan 31, 2022
karzyharsky:
With this GSI, if you owe first bank and go keep your money in GTB, first bank fit enter your GTB acct debit you for the loan
when will CBN act to stop banks stealing dead people money in their custody?
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by LAXconfidential(m): 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2022
Mad people
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by LAXconfidential(m): 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2022
Uzorfresh:
How do I get a loan on behalf of my family members

Try amadioha

3 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by LAXconfidential(m): 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2022
inoki247:
lol people wey no fear all diz Loan shark app with dere damaging text message na dem go fear CBN blueprint...
especially sokoloan
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by Techgonzo: 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2022
These are the things I expected Osinbajo and Emefiele to be doing
Re: CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans by InMyFeelings: 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
They should ban it completely

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bad Roads: You’ve Not Been Fair To Ogun - Dapo Abiodun Tells FG / Lagos, Ekiti, Seven Others Are Heavy Debtors –FRC / I Can’t Appoint Or Impose Anyone On The Senate – Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.