Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash (659 Views)

Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam / Dino Melaye’s N250 Million Tour Bus For His Political Campaign / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by Invictuse: 9:13am On Feb 01, 2022
Lawyers in the house please your expert opinion is required. If it is not why as the EFCC not jailed Peter Peter Obi ?

I know what I went through to withdraw just N1.5M cash from my bank account in recent time, how is it possible for a governor to have N250M cash untraceable to pay his aide or contractor.

To those claim it was found on his aide or contractor can you please tell us if the Pandora man did not authorize such criminality where or how did the money jump on the aide or the contractor ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by CaptainAyub: 9:23am On Feb 01, 2022
Invictuse:
Lawyers in the house please your expert opinion is required. If it is not why as the EFCC not jailed Peter Peter Obi ?

I know what I went through to withdraw just N1.5M cash from my bank account in recent time, how is it possible for a governor to have N250M cash untraceable to pay his aide or contractor.

To those claim it was found on his aide or contractor can you please tell us if the Pandora man did not authorize such criminality where or how did the money jump on the aide or the contractor ?
Zukwanuike
Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by CaptainAyub: 9:26am On Feb 01, 2022
Apparently,the cat-scratch-faced Monsurudeen them have intelligence report that Obi is the candidate to beat,hence the sustained propaganda against him. cheesy
Una go soon get heart attack grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by helinues: 9:28am On Feb 01, 2022
Abegi, Na norm to African governors/Politicians.

Obi is not someone anyone can bring down politically cos mighty must have fallen before getting to Obi's case.

Let it rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by IDeyNL: 9:29am On Feb 01, 2022
It is normal to pay election bribe using two bullion vans.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by Invictuse: 9:54am On Feb 01, 2022
This was exactly my tot the two most dangerous criminal in Nigeria going at each other.
IDeyNL:
It is normal to pay election bribe using two bullion vans.
Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by CaptainAyub: 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
helinues:

Obi is not someone anyone can bring down politically cos mighty must have fallen before getting to Obi's case.

Let it rest
So you get sense like this,my man?
Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by gidgiddy: 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
Invictuse:

This was 10 years ago, the matter was investigated, no wrong doing was found, the money was returned to Peter Obi and the case was closed

If the authorities found no wrong doing 10 years ago, dont start looking for one now. I payed the contractor who built my house in cash
Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by Investigative: 1:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yes
When the workers in the field need money not transfer
Construction job is not an office job that receive alert
Go to any site and tell the jobbers that they WI receive alert
The type of beating you will receive that day ee

Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by LegendHero(m): 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
gidgiddy:

This was 10 years ago, the matter was investigated, no wrong doing was found, the money was returned to Peter Obi and the case was closed

If the authorities found no wrong doing 10 years ago, dont start looking for one now. I payed the contractor to built my house in cash

Whether 10 years of 50 years ago, this just established the hypocrisy of you Igbos and shows Obi is a clever criminal.

That guy was just siphoning Anambra state money through his aide, he never thought he would be caught. Ask yourself this question, if truly the initial intent is to pay contractors in cash, why did he not inform the Anambra house of assembly before then?

Anambra house of assembly had to convene to discuss it and they only knew after Obi’s aide was caught. Then Obi like all other politicians changed the tone and invited police to investigate while knowing clearly they can always buy off police and the law itself.

That guy is a crook. Then Ganduje can also say he was trying to pay the contractors in cash when he was caught in that video. I can assure you, the police won’t find any offense against him if he had pull that stunt coz they can be bought.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by johnmartus(m): 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
[s]
Investigative:
Yes
When the workers in the field need money not transfer
Construction job is not an office job that receive alert
Go to any site and tell the jobbers that they WI receive alert
The type of beating you will receive that day ee
[/s]

Stop talking in the public you are very naive and sentimental in nature.governor have no business with contractor except there's disappointment. After a contract awarded to a particular company the state executive give order to commissioner of finance and commissioner releasing the fund to the offic of commissioner for work .
Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by naijaking1: 2:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
....Ademola Adeyemo?
Journalist or poorly paid political hack, doing a poor job of investigative journalism.
Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by Investigative: 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2022
johnmartus:
[s][/s]

Stop talking in the public you are very naive and sentimental in nature.governor have no business with contractor except there's disappointment. After a contract awarded to a particular company the state executive give order to commissioner of finance and commissioner releasing the fund to the offic of commissioner for work .
Oga shut up
Go and do the office work you know
Every contractor comes to construction site with raw cash
Again Peter obi during his tenure removed every middle men that inflate and add bogus amount cos is a government job
due to his stiffness and economic management
Last last the police investigated and exonerated Pete obi
So carry you propaganda and run
Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by gidgiddy: 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2022
LegendHero:

Whether 10 years of 50 years ago, this just established the hypocrisy of you Igbos and shows Obi is a clever criminal.

That guy was just siphoning Anambra state money through his aide, he never thought he would be caught. Ask yourself this question, if truly the initial intent is to pay contractors in cash, why did he not inform the Anambra house of assembly before then?

Anambra house of assembly had to convene to discuss it and they only knew after Obi’s aide was caught. Then Obi like all other politicians changed the tone and invited police to investigate while knowing clearly they can always buy off police and the law itself.

That guy is a crook. Then Ganduje can also say he was trying to pay the contractors in cash when he was caught in that video. I can assure you, the police won’t find any offense against him if he had pull that stunt coz they can be bought.

I have my own issues with Peter Obi, but this case is not one of them. This case was big news more than 10 years ago when it happend. The then Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro, thoroughly investigated the matter. The Anambra state house of assembly, which was mostly PDP, examined the matter. Both bodies found no wrong doing. The money was released back to Peter Obi who then payed the contractor for cars ordered by the state government and the case was closed

Now some mischief makers have gone to resurrect a matter that has been put to rest just because Peter Obi indicated interest in the Presidency

Terrible
Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by LegendHero(m): 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
gidgiddy:

I have my own issues with Peter Obi, but this case is not one of them. This case was big news more than 10 years ago when it happend. The then Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro, thoroughly investigated the matter. The Anambra state house of assembly, which was mostly PDP, examined the matter. Both bodies found no wrong doing. The money was released back to Peter Obi who then payed the contractor for cars ordered by the state government and the case was closed

Now some mischief makers have gone to resurrect a matter that has been put to rest just because Peter Obi indicated interest in the Presidency

Terrible

See bro, Nigerian police or state house of assembly investigating it and saying he’s not wrong hold no water. The issue here is integrity related.

As a governor, why did he not inform the house that he’s going to pay in cash to a contractor? Why is it that it only became news after he was caught? So if they hadn’t caught him, no one would have known he did something like that?

From getting personal % from the state money he invested in Breweries, to his offshore Pandora business which no one knows before until now. Peter Obi is not a saint and I find it hard that you guys always give him a soft landing every time we bring up these issues.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by iokpebholo: 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
helinues:

Let it rest
u don dey get sense...Keep it up
Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by gidgiddy: 4:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
LegendHero:

See bro, Nigerian police or state house of assembly investigating it and saying he’s not wrong hold no water. The issue here is integrity related.

As a governor, why did he not inform the house that he’s going to pay in cash to a contractor? Why is it that it only became news after he was caught? So if they hadn’t caught him, no one would have known he did something like that?

From getting personal % from the state money he invested in Breweries, to his offshore Pandora business which no one knows before until now. Peter Obi is not a saint and I find it hard that you guys always give him a soft landing every time we bring up these issues.

Childish reasoning. You want him to inform the house that he will pay contractor in cash? Why would he do that when it is not against the law to do so? Can you show any law that bars a contractor being paid in cash?

As for Pandora whatever, anyone that has evidence should send it to EFCC, anyone can write anything
Re: Is It Right For A Governor To Pay Contractors N250 Million Naira Cash by headSmasher: 8:20pm On Feb 01, 2022
Under which party? ApkuGA or what? because he can't even win primary election where tanbuwal, saraki is talk more of Atiku, his defeat will be legendary
CaptainAyub:
Apparently,the cat-scratch-faced Monsurudeen them have intelligence report that Obi is the candidate to beat,hence the sustained propaganda against him. cheesy
Una go soon get heart attack grin

(1) (Reply)

Get Him Quality Diapers. Tinubu Is Sick, Very Sick! / Meet The Beautiful Benue Lady Behind The Success Of Honorable Samuel Orkende Gis / What If Amaechi Being The Possible Candidate Is A Smokescreen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.