Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

3 Eggs And 3 Lessons From Xi Jinping - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Eggs And 3 Lessons From Xi Jinping (302 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets With President Xi Jinping (Photos) / Buhari Greets President Xi Jinping Of China / Buhari Meets Chinese President, Xi Jinping (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Eggs And 3 Lessons From Xi Jinping by mikemodel24: 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
China’s President Xi Jinping has created his own political ideology, as the leader of the Communist Party. “Xi Jinping Thought” were mentioned several times at the Communist Party Congress.

I read a recent message about the lessons he learned from his father while he was young and the influence on him. The lessons about truth, experience and generosity was very well encapsulated in this short story.

As a child, I was a selfish child.
I always think of myself first with good things, never consider the feelings of others.
As a result, the companions left me one by one. I am very upset over it, and laid the blame to others.

One night, my father cooked two bowls of noodles. There was a white egg on one bowl and none on the other.
My father asked me, which bowl you prefer?
During then, eggs were very precious food. It was only on a festive or occasion like birthday that we had the privilege having egg in a meal.
I would not miss such opportunity and with no hesitation, I chose the bowl with eggs.
My choice was wrong. I was surprised that my father’s bowl actually contained two eggs underneath the noddle.
I regretted it and hated myself for being too impatient.
Noticed my reaction, my father smiled and said to me:
“Son, you must remember, what is visible to the eye might not be true, one who want to take advantage of others will eventually suffer a big loss.”

The next night, my father cooked two bowls of noodles again.
There was still a white egg on one bowl and none on the other.
My father asked me to choose. I learned from the previous experience and chose the bowl with no eggs on the surface.
The father watched me silently and did not utter a word.
I quickly picked up the chopsticks, stirred the noodles to find the eggs underneath it.
I was disappointed that there was no egg except the soup and noodle in the bowl.
At this time, my father said to me thoughtfully:
“Son, you must remember, do not trust too much in previous experience, as life sometimes deceives you.
However, you don’t have to worry or sad over it. Life experience is something you cannot learn from textbook.”

On the third night, my father cooked two bowls of noodles.
It looked exactly the same as the previous nights.
My father asked me to choose and I did not act rashly.
Instead, I said to my father:
“Dad, you have sacrificed so much for me and this family and you get to choose out of my respect to you!”
The father did not decline and chose the bowl with an egg on it.
I guess there was definitely no egg in the other bowl. To my surprise, I had two white eggs underneath the noodle in the bowl.
My father looked up and his eyes was full of kindness. He said to me lightly:
“Son, you must remember, when you think about others, good luck will bestow upon you.”
I was stunned.

Since then, I have taken these three lessons as my principles of life. Regardless of whether it is for people or things, the first thing that comes to mind is always the interests of others. As my father rightfully said it, luck bestow upon me one after another. My career testifies to the principles of life I learned from my father.”

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Eggs And 3 Lessons From Xi Jinping by Lanretoye(m): 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2022
I am comming.
Re: 3 Eggs And 3 Lessons From Xi Jinping by EDUECO(m): 10:17am On Mar 08, 2023
This is a front page material!

Nigerian politicians only think of their welfare but not that of Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

. / When Will Russia Start Recruiting Africans As Fighters / Despite Overwhelming Evidence, NDLEA/EFCC Have Refused To Arrest Tinubu - Reno O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.