Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Save A Brother..i Am Loosing A Gear In This Hard Time...camry 2003 Four Plug - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Save A Brother..i Am Loosing A Gear In This Hard Time...camry 2003 Four Plug (980 Views)

What Are The Functions Of Cruise And Over Drive On A Gear Stick? / 7 Types Of Cars You May Have A Hard Time Shipping To Nigeria From USA / What Is The Use Of Neutral Gear In An Automatic Transmission Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save A Brother..i Am Loosing A Gear In This Hard Time...camry 2003 Four Plug by FATAB: 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
I have a Camry 2003 model, I noticed that the seal of the gear where shaft is connected is leaking. I asked my mech to change it. While he pulled out the seal, the gear oil was pouring through the hole and he put a container to collect the oil. After he was done, he poured the oil back. I drove from his shop home, no issue. But on my way to VI the next day, I noticed that the car was kind of dragging at the point of changing from gear 2. I also noticed that the four legs were also not moving freely. When I got to office, I bought one litre of Tiv to top it even above normal gage. On my way back home, I experienced similar issue even worst. After I packed the car and allowed it to cool in the night, I started and test drive it around, it was moving smoothly. My question is.... Could it be the brake that was catching it self that caused the gear to misbehave or it's a sign that my gear has gone bad due to the old oil that was poured back into the gear.
Re: Save A Brother..i Am Loosing A Gear In This Hard Time...camry 2003 Four Plug by Angrygoat: 4:49pm On Feb 02, 2022
Either your gear oil rubber connecting from engine to gear is leaking or they did not seal the area well. Never trust a mechanic,always visit 2 to 3 mechanic b4 u decide. Better quickly take it to mechanic b4 it's enter no movement. Seal rubber no suppose pass 5k anything outside that na scam,gear oil rubber pipe or hose,no suppose pass 1k max. Then also check if nozzles are blocked or clogged. Make dem open top cylinder,na from thr the oil dey leak. Abi u get 15k to waste for toyota 4 ltr type iv gear oil

Re: Save A Brother..i Am Loosing A Gear In This Hard Time...camry 2003 Four Plug by Dozieson(m): 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2022
FATAB:
I have a Camry 2003 model, I noticed that the seal of the gear where shaft is connected is leaking. I asked my mech to change it. While he pulled out the seal, the gear oil was pouring through the hole and he put a container to collect the oil. After he was done, he poured the oil back. I drove from his shop home, no issue. But on my way to VI the next day, I noticed that the car was kind of dragging at the point of changing from gear 2. I also noticed that the four legs were also not moving freely. When I got to office, I bought one litre of Tiv to top it even above normal gage. On my way back home, I experienced similar issue even worst. After I packed the car and allowed it to cool in the night, I started and test drive it around, it was moving smoothly. My question is.... Could it be the brake that was catching it self that caused the gear to misbehave or it's a sign that my gear has gone bad due to the old oil that was poured back into the gear.

Why would you allow him to pour same fluid which may have been contaminated back to the gear?

He may have install the shaft back without cleaning it properly with fuel to avoid contaminating the gear
Re: Save A Brother..i Am Loosing A Gear In This Hard Time...camry 2003 Four Plug by abiolag(m): 7:42am On Feb 03, 2022
Angrygoat:
Either your gear oil rubber connecting from engine to gear is leaking or they did not seal the area well. Never trust a mechanic,always visit 2 to 3 mechanic b4 u decide. Better quickly take it to mechanic b4 it's enter no movement. Seal rubber no suppose pass 5k anything outside that na scam,gear oil rubber pipe or hose,no suppose pass 1k max. Then also check if nozzles are blocked or clogged. Make dem open top cylinder,na from thr the oil dey leak. Abi u get 15k to waste for toyota 4 ltr type iv gear oil

I also have issue with my camry 2003 gear. I only apply break to change from Park to Drive but the gear can change to reverse or other option without applying break. I notice this one day while driving, d person beside me mistakenly touched d gear and it changes even without applying break
Re: Save A Brother..i Am Loosing A Gear In This Hard Time...camry 2003 Four Plug by almsofgold: 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
FATAB:
where you the guy I saw parked across one euro hospital like that topping his gear oil with another guy beside you. You parked behind my Corolla. Just asking
Re: Save A Brother..i Am Loosing A Gear In This Hard Time...camry 2003 Four Plug by FATAB: 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
almsofgold:
where you the guy I saw parked across one euro hospital like that topping his gear oil with another guy beside you. You parked behind my Corolla. Just asking
no. I'm not the one
Re: Save A Brother..i Am Loosing A Gear In This Hard Time...camry 2003 Four Plug by diportivo: 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2022
abiolag:

I also have issue with my camry 2003 gear. I only apply break to change from Park to Drive but the gear can change to reverse or other option without applying break. I notice this one day while driving, d person beside me mistakenly touched d gear and it changes even without applying break

look am well

that motor go comot from park without brake as e dey so
Re: Save A Brother..i Am Loosing A Gear In This Hard Time...camry 2003 Four Plug by abiolag(m): 10:58pm On Feb 05, 2022
diportivo:

look am well

that motor go comot from park without brake as e dey so

What can I do to correct this?

(1) (Reply)

Lagos To Standardise Driving Schools / Nairalanders You Need To See This Mercedis Benz Ad... / Carports In Nigeria? Call Charykel 08123108990

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.