Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (851858 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Softlife can help you

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2022
All the gurus in the house,

Una Good afternoon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sWrights2012: 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Wow! This is so annoying. Did you try calling UKVI today in that regard? I’m really upset getting to know about this

It's really annoying.. I have called UKVI.. Response is generic and telling me to wait for collection email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Scandinavian: 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2022
Hello house,

I started the application for my son but had to pause just before the point of payment when you can no longer edit the form, I want to finish up and pay now but then the travel date has passed.

Can I still finish up the application and proceed to pay, will the outdated travel date on the previous application affect the approval or should I just start a fresh application with another email address?

Kindly help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2022
Scandinavian:
Hello house,

I started the application for my son but had to pause just before the point of payment when you can no longer edit the form, I want to finish up and pay now but then the travel date has passed.

Can I still finish up the application and proceed to pay, will the outdated travel date on the previous application affect the approval or should I just start a fresh application with another email address?

Kindly help

Better you start a fresh application, no need for hurry.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2022
hunee:
All the gurus in the house,

Una Good afternoon

Well done. I follow you greet the gurus o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 3:00pm On Nov 03, 2022
sWrights2012:

It's really annoying.. I have called UKVI.. Response is generic and telling me to wait for collection email.

Honestly, I hate the UK for so many reasons
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Honestly, I hate the UK for so many reasons

I still believe that the UK has significantly faster visa processing times than Canada and Ireland do.

UKVI still responds to emails and calls, even though some of us might not like their response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Well done. I follow you greet the gurus o
hahaha . Ololade Mr Money. You are doing well grin

Congratulations to all who received visas in the last 48hrs.

The blessing will go round.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

I still believe that the UK has significantly faster visa processing times than Canada and Ireland do.

UKVI still responds to emails and calls, even though some of us might not like their response.

Hmmm.. well you might be right, but I sincerely hate their system
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2022
hunee:
hahaha . Ololade Mr Money. You are doing well grin

Congratulations to all who received visas in the last 48hrs.

The blessing will go round.

grin grin grin

It will go round o by God’s Grace

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by irabs4567: 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
Good day gurus in the house ,
Myself and my spouse are planning on a visit visa...now the issue is are we supposed to buy a round trip ticket? We booked for an hotel . Note: it’s our first time traveling.. do you think we can convert the visit visa to work visa or study... or is it advisable to come back after the exact days documented on the form? Ticket fee is ridiculous right now..coming back and going back is costly ..Can we get sponsorship for work permits on health care upon arrival or other jobs . Pls I need your advice
God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2022
lawyer will do
Ashirioluwa:
My CAC business registration is inactive. How can I make it active ? Or is there any one here who can help out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2022
pufframmy:
lawyer will do

Can you link me up?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2022
Hello.
Let me respond to your questions as asked
1. You can not convert a visit visa. A visit visa is a visit visa, as the name implies. Visit and come back.
2.You are not to purchase a ticket, If you have to , you are required to attach a dummy reservation.
3. Every visa category has their requirements, work visa, study , and the rest. You can find details on the UKVI website to have a better understanding of what you are opting for.
4. Other questions relating to sponsorships and work permits are secondary. You pass a stage first, before you get there. Step by step.

Now my advice, if you are traveling on a visit visa, during your stay in the UK, You can reach out and link up. If you are lucky to get a posting before your visit period expires, you get all necessary documents then come back to process work visa.

Better still, You can establish links prior to your visit by doing research, so once you are on ground, you can cement other plans.

Just to add, there are platforms on instagram handled by some Nigerians in the UK. They give tips on job sponsorships and other related information. I would suggest you also take your time to go through the threads, and do some research on work visas, prolly , you can get a telegram or youtube connect to aid your requests.

Above all, if the goal is to relocate with work/study visa, you may have to join a few more communities.

I hope this helps.
Visit gov.uk for further information on starting your application.
irabs4567:
Good day gurus in the house ,
Myself and my spouse are planning on a visit visa...now the issue is are we supposed to buy a round trip ticket? We booked for an hotel . Note: it’s our first time traveling.. do you think we can convert the visit visa to work visa or study... or is it advisable to come back after the exact days documented on the form? Ticket fee is ridiculous right now..coming back and going back is costly ..Can we get sponsorship for work permits on health care upon arrival or other jobs . Pls I need your advice
God bless

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by xrismuove: 10:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
Good day guru in the house. I planned to relocate to UK with my spouse this January with study visa. But could not as the admission for the schools we wanted to apply have closed for January 2023 intake. My question is if I apply for September 2013 intake and admission become successful, will they grant us visa to travel like say March or April or May to settle down before September. If yes, can we be allow to work before school resumption since we enter with school visa. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
xrismuove:
Good day guru in the house. I planned to relocate to UK with my spouse this January with study visa. But could not as the admission for the schools we wanted to apply have closed for January 2023[/b] intake. My question is if I apply for September [b]2013[b][/b] intake and admission become successful, will they grant us visa to travel like say March or April or May to settle down before September. If yes, can we be allow to work before school resumption since we enter with school visa. Thank you.

Visit gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 11:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
leef2022:

Visit gov.uk
Hello Good evening
I'm currently applying for a visit visa for my mum and I'm stuck at the money stage. She is a business woman.
I'm trying to use her 6 months statement of account to figure out what to put as her annual earnings and how much she spends in a month but the statement of account is really not straightforward. Sometimes her expenditure is very high and sometimes it is very low. I'm finding it difficult to work out what her average spending in a month should be. I would really appreciate your help
Again, how do I explain the bulk deposits and withdrawals that happen in the account?
I'm her sponsor, are all these necessary or am I worrying too much?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 1:55am On Nov 04, 2022
Stenvee:

Hello Good evening
I'm currently applying for a visit visa for my mum and I'm stuck at the money stage. She is a business woman.
I'm trying to use her 6 months statement of account to figure out what to put as her annual earnings and how much she spends in a month but the statement of account is really not straightforward. Sometimes her expenditure is very high and sometimes it is very low. I'm finding it difficult to work out what her average spending in a month should be. I would really appreciate your help
Again, how do I explain the bulk deposits and withdrawals that happen in the account?
I'm her sponsor, are all these necessary or am I worrying too much?

To support the claims that she’s a businesswoman, you would include with mum's application a CAC of the business, also try to ensure that the business is active on cac website, should they want to verify the business.

To figure her average spending, do a total expenses done within 6months as reflected on her back statement then divide by six. That should give you an average spending. Also, it would be nice if she drew the eco attention to the fact that the monthly expenditure is a rough estimate going by the six months period as reflected on her financial documents, and that some months have more expenditure whilst other months low expenditure.

On bulk deposits and withdrawals you would need to write a cover letter detailing; on what, why, where, and how of the transactions, if you have any evidences to include, attach within the application as well to support her claims to that regards.

You as the sponsor, in your letter of sponsorship would detail that you would be fully responsible and capable of shouldering mum's trip, you would include financial documents and ID to support your claims.

Try to make all info to be given on the VAF tally with whatever supporting documents that would be included.

Otherwise, if things seem too unclear and the visit is one that can be undertaken at a later time, you might want to get mum to open another account, where a well tailored and descplined financial transactions are done, thus she pays herself income monthly, have a fixed monthly expenditure, whilst avoiding huge deposits/withdrawals during this period on this account.

I hope that helps

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 2:10am On Nov 04, 2022
leef2022:

you might want to get mum to open another account, where a well tailored and descplined financial transactions are done, thus she pays herself income monthly, have a fixed monthly expenditure, whilst avoiding huge deposits/withdrawals during this period on this account.

I hope that helps

She doesn’t need to include CAC if this happens to be the case right?

I mean, if she pays herself salary monthly, what documents does she need to provide in that regard?

Just need a clearer view on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by irabs4567: 3:04am On Nov 04, 2022
hunee:
Hello.
Let me respond to your questions as asked
1. You can not convert a visit visa. A visit visa is a visit visa, as the name implies. Visit and come back.
2.You are not to purchase a ticket, If you have to , you are required to attach a dummy reservation.
3. Every visa category has their requirements, work visa, study , and the rest. You can find details on the UKVI website to have a better understanding of what you are opting for.
4. Other questions relating to sponsorships and work permits are secondary. You pass a stage first, before you get there. Step by step.

Now my advice, if you are traveling on a visit visa, during your stay in the UK, You can reach out and link up. If you are lucky to get a posting before your visit period expires, you get all necessary documents then come back to process work visa.

Better still, You can establish links prior to your visit by doing research, so once you are on ground, you can cement other plans.

Just to add, there are platforms on instagram handled by some Nigerians in the UK. They give tips on job sponsorships and other related information. I would suggest you also take your time to go through the threads, and do some research on work visas, prolly , you can get a telegram or youtube connect to aid your requests.

Above all, if the goal is to relocate with work/study visa, you may have to join a few more communities.

I hope this helps.
Visit gov.uk for further information on starting your application.

Thank you for your comments.
An agent told me that after 3 months of my visit, I would know if I’m to return to stay there. He told me I can get an under ground job not a government job.his claims is that there are people who went with visit visa and still were able to connect properly and didn’t come back after their first visit .
Pls share this uk link on Instagram or telegram for me. I did like to connect before making a trip .
Thank you boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 3:35am On Nov 04, 2022
leef2022:

To support the claims that she’s a businesswoman, you would include with mum's application a CAC of the business, also try to ensure that the business is active on cac website, should they want to verify the business.

To figure her average spending, do a total expenses done within 6months as reflected on her back statement then divide by six. That should give you an average spending. Also, it would be nice if she drew the eco attention to the fact that the monthly expenditure is a rough estimate going by the six months period as reflected on her financial documents, and that some months have more expenditure whilst other months low expenditure.

On bulk deposits and withdrawals you would need to write a cover letter detailing; on what, why, where, and how of the transactions, if you have any evidences to include, attach within the application as well to support her claims to that regards.

You as the sponsor, in your letter of sponsorship would detail that you would be fully responsible and capable of shouldering mum's trip, you would include financial documents and ID to support your claims.

Try to make all info to be given on the VAF tally with whatever supporting documents that would be included.

Otherwise, if things seem too unclear and the visit is one that can be undertaken at a later time, you might want to get mum to open another account, where a well tailored and descplined financial transactions are done, thus she pays herself income monthly, have a fixed monthly expenditure, whilst avoiding huge deposits/withdrawals during this period on this account.

I hope that helps
Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Iampeaceful(f): 4:52am On Nov 04, 2022
Congratulations.

Please, are you a first timer or frequent traveler?
How much is the £100 in Naira? Oanda isn't giving an accurate amount. author=Abus post=118037901]VISA ALERT!!!

Biometrics.....25 Oct
Notification of passport collection...27th Oct
DHL delivery(outside Lagos)....31st Oct.

6 month Visit Visa
Priority service.

Thanks to all the guru in the house � � [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 5:28am On Nov 04, 2022
leef2022:

I hope that helps

Is there a way to reach you privately please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nameflow(m): 6:23am On Nov 04, 2022
Please I need knowledge. My passport expires in April. Can I travel to the UK for about 10 days in February next year without issue. I have already booked for a renewal but I doubt if it will be ready before my trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 7:09am On Nov 04, 2022
Mrmoney90:

She doesn’t need to include CAC if this happens to be the case right?

I mean, if she pays herself salary monthly, what documents does she need to provide in that regard?

Just need a clearer view on this

You would need a cac even if you were paying yourself income as a business person in my own opinion.
The cac demonstrate you have a business and perhaps occupational tie to your home country.
Whilst paying or earning income from the business demonstrates your financial security in regards to the business.
Some way you could pay yourself is create a business account for your business, and pay yourself salary/wages monthly from the business account on a specific date of every month, also you can make a payslip of your business, where you indicate amounts you earn and other ways possible.
However, it is wise I stress all above are done with all genuineness.

Hope that helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 7:11am On Nov 04, 2022
Stenvee:

Is there a way to reach you privately please?

Pls drop your msgs here pls, others would sure like to drop their own thoughts. The mail I have for this i don't have access to sir/madam. And pls of i may ask what is mum's business, is she retired, receives pension?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stenvee: 8:05am On Nov 04, 2022
leef2022:

Pls drop your msgs here pls, others would sure like to drop their own thoughts. The mail I have for this i don't have access to sir/madam. And pls of i may ask what is mum's business, is she retired, receives pension?
No she is not retired.
I understand, just that I wanted to drop a copy of a document so you can have a look and advise better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:16am On Nov 04, 2022
She will be needing a cac document to substantiate her business activities, but if the case is otherwise, she needs payslips/statements. If there are huge amounts paid in the six months period, you should attach a cover letter.

Your sponsor will also need attach his/her bank statements and other relevant documents, 'if' the application is made not as a business person.

This information below is seconded
leef2022:

You would need a cac even if you were paying yourself income as a business person in my own opinion.
The cac demonstrate you have a business and perhaps occupational tie to your home country.
Whilst paying or earning income from the business demonstrates your financial security in regards to the business.
Some way you could pay yourself is create a business account for your business, and pay yourself salary/wages monthly from the business account on a specific date of every month, also you can make a payslip of your business, where you indicate amounts you earn and other ways possible.
However, it is wise I stress all above are done with all genuineness.

Hope that helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:24am On Nov 04, 2022
TOCHI ESTHER COMMUNITY ON INSTAGRAM/YOUTUBE
tochi_esther1 on Instagram

USEFULUKINFO_9JA ON INSTAGRAM
YETTYSPLASH ON INSTAGRAM
FAITHOJONE ON INSTAGRAM

THE AGENT INFORMATION IS NOT PROFESSIONAL. YOU WANT TO BECOME AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT ABROAD?
FOLLOW THESE CHANNELS
irabs4567:

Thank you for your comments.
An agent told me that after 3 months of my visit, I would know if I’m to return to stay there. He told me I can get an under ground job not a government job.his claims is that there are people who went with visit visa and still were able to connect properly and didn’t come back after their first visit .
Pls share this uk link on Instagram or telegram for me. I did like to connect before making a trip .
Thank you boss

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:36am On Nov 04, 2022
Stenvee:

No she is not retired.
I understand, just that I wanted to drop a copy of a document[b][/b] so you can have a look and advise better.

What doc is that pls.? You are unable to determine or state clearly her monthly and yearly income?

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: twojul, Ehisjp, beeveepee, Drphade and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.