Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (828777 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (614) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Katcheegirl: 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
aderemi166:

Very true . Just picked mine up and the visa was issued
Application 23rd September
Biometrics 13th October
TLS collection mail 16th November
Collection by me 18th November

Congratulations, you made me quickly tracked mine, and I saw it’s moved to “Transferred to VAC” without any mail…we can’t wait as we stay positive ��

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aderemi166: 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2022
[quote author=Katcheegirl post=118495886][/quote]

Congratulations

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
Jocabasa:

Thank... I have replied your mail

How far??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Katcheegirl: 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2022
aderemi166:

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 9:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

How far??

Dey replied my mail asking for my GWF number n Email...
After sending it to dem I got a response of dis below...

Marina (UKVI-TP)

18 Nov 2022, 10:45 GMT
Thank you for your query from the information you have provided, we have escalated your case to the relevant department on **18-11-2022** and you should be contacted within 15 working days. Please wait until the 15 working days have passed before contacting the service again as we are unable to do anything further before this time. We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Regards,

Marina​​
UK Visas and Immigration.

My worries is d 15 working days given for feed back, I pray i get my visa before end of dis month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
Jocabasa:

Dey replied my mail asking for my GWF number n Email...
After sending it to dem I got a response of dis below...

Marina (UKVI-TP)

18 Nov 2022, 10:45 GMT
Thank you for your query from the information you have provided, we have escalated your case to the relevant department on **18-11-2022** and you should be contacted within 15 working days. Please wait until the 15 working days have passed before contacting the service again as we are unable to do anything further before this time. We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Regards,

Marina​​
UK Visas and Immigration.

My worries is d 15 working days given for feed back, I pray i get my visa before end of dis month

U are almost at the finish line.....pele
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
JOCABASA grin
YOU MAKE ME LAUGH, YOU WILL ENTER UK , DONT WORRY YOU HEAR.
JUST RELAX grin grin grin
GOD WILL FAVOR YOU IN THE END
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2022
A VERY BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WITH VISA SUCCESSES. UK ECOS WILL FAVOR OTHERS WAITING IN JESUS NAME . AMIN

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
hunee:
JOCABASA grin
YOU MAKE ME LAUGH, YOU WILL ENTER UK , DONT WORRY YOU HEAR.
JUST RELAX grin grin grin

Haaa Hunee dnt laff me oo... I wish u knw wat I went through on dis application,
Since May I applied n my application was refused for dia mistake...

I battled through Administrative Review n was giving 1year visa which was backdated frm June to expire May 2023 I don use 7months frm my visa for 9ja n my wife has been so worried October makes it a year without me around her...
Shey u see my I dey para n was giving another 15working days again..
Dis pipu won fent mee I swear
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
I have been following your case with a lot of interest.
One thing, we should learn from your application, is the ability to keep trying and pushing.
And you know these kind of applications come with a lot of ups and downs because of the nature.

So, i had to cheer you up, your wife is available for you anytime wink grin shocked , no shaking on that one
Just relax OK and make you dey pray too o, because something wey get comma from start, you con battle ham , result come dey positive, to come collect passport con be another thing, na prayer you need.

I tell everyone that cares to listen, is it not by how perfect application is sometimes, make una dey pray join sef o.
ALL THE BEST AND YOU SHALL CELEBRATE IN THE END.
Jocabasa:

Haaa Hunee dnt laff me oo... I wish u knw wat I went through on dis application,
Since May I applied n my application was refused for dia mistake...

I battled through Administrative Review n was giving 1year visa which was backdated frm June to expire May 2023 I don use 7months frm my visa for 9ja n my wife has been so worried October makes it a year without me around her...
Shey u see my I dey para n was giving another 15working days again..
Dis pipu won fent mee I swear

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
hunee:
I have been following your case with a lot of interest.
One thing, we should learn from your application, is the ability to keep trying and pushing.
And you know these kind of applications come with a lot of ups and downs because of the nature.

So, i had to cheer you up, your wife is available for you anytime wink grin shocked , no shaking on that one
Just relax OK and make you dey pray too o, because something wey get comma from start, you con battle ham , result come dey positive, to come collect passport con be another thing, na prayer you need.

I tell everyone that cares to listen, is it not by how perfect application is sometimes, make una dey pray join sef o.
ALL THE BEST AND YOU SHALL CELEBRATE IN THE END.

Amen n thanks Hunee...
U very correct it as bin prayers since n til dis level I got to on d application
Thanks alot i appreciate.... God bless u

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Seunara101: 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
Please I just want to know if it's possible to get my uk visa fees back, after I cancel my application but I already paid for my visa fee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Scandinavian: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello everyone, I want to ask what's the maximum weight allowed for British Airways cabin/hand luggage?

On their site/app it is 23kg but I need to be sure so I don't shoot myself in the foot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 7:01am On Nov 19, 2022
Scandinavian:
Hello everyone, I want to ask what's the maximum weight allowed for British Airways cabin/hand luggage?

On their site/app it is 23kg but I need to be sure so I don't shoot myself in the foot.

You find this information on your ticket if you have booked or on the website.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sammydoe: 7:28am On Nov 19, 2022
Single room available in SE London close to central London for single person abeg. So no couple or kids grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Scandinavian: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2022
hunee:

You find this information on your ticket if you have booked or on the website.

The issue with the one on the ticket is that it only specifies the weight of the checked luggage and not hand luggage
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Seunara101: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2022
Please I just want to know if it's possible to get my uk visa fees back, after I cancel my application but I already paid for my visa fees
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dduchess90(f): 8:59am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Cabin luggage's are usually 8kg max 12kg

I will advise an 8kg travel bag

Cheers
Scandinavian:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dduchess90(f): 9:00am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

If you didn't attend your biometrics then yes

Refunds will take a while sometimes you have to be patient

Cheers
Seunara101:
Please I just want to know if it's possible to get my uk visa fees back, after I cancel my application but I already paid for my visa fees
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oluayebenz: 9:12am On Nov 19, 2022
Scandinavian:

Cabin luggage 10kg max

You are also allowed to carry a free laptop bag or small shuttle bag

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by slimadex: 9:38am On Nov 19, 2022
Morning guys,
I'm in the UK already on study visa but my baby is still in Nigeria. I want to start her visa application this December and I am confused with some things.
The Proof of fund will mature on the 14th of Dec.
Her TB certificate will expire on the 17th of December.
The questions I want to ask are:
1) is it possible to submit her visa application on the 15th of Dec knowing the TB will expire 2 days after?
2) if it not possible, will I pay for another TB clearance? Like apply the usual way and book a date.
Some are saying I'll have to request for an upgrade but I have no idea how that is done. Will appreciate your help guys. Thanks you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dalobaba: 11:48am On Nov 19, 2022
Thanks for being here,

I submitted my online application yesterday and I just noticed the date of birth is 2017 instead of 1987. I seriously don’t know how that happened. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 11:53am On Nov 19, 2022
dalobaba:
Thanks for being here,

I submitted my online application yesterday and I just noticed the date of birth is 2017 instead of 1987. I seriously don’t know how that happened. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks

Bone am...honest mistake...shebi ur scanned ur passport...

...unless the ECO has witchcraft shaaa

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2022
AskGod07:

Please all gurus in the house…….!!!!!!!

Can bank account balance be fill as a savings at where they ask do you have other income or any savings?

See the attached below

If he has mentioned his entire savings before, he does not need to repeat the bank details there again. It's a simple no.

If however there are some funds that is different from the primary one he declared previously, then he can fill it there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Katcheegirl: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2022
Things that I submitted for my visa application
1. Letter of introduction from office
2.self introduction letter
3. Spouse sponsorship letter
4. Pay slips
5. Marriage certificate
6. Child birth certificate
7. 6 months bank statement
8. Side income contract letters
9. Spouse SOA and bio data page
10. Color coded cover letter explaining inflows and out flows.
11. House documents
Visa outcome was positive.
N.b I stated previous uk and us refusals
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2022
ZabethMay:
Morning house, after 6 weeks of waiting. We received this refusal letter. Any idea on how to address this please? As we intend to reapply as soon as possible.

How is there an opening sum of 1.500.000
On 5th October here. Did you transfer 1,500,,000 on that day to the account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2022
hunee:
Nairaland is a good platform because it helps share ideas and bring fruitful conversations , but if you have to, consult a professional , because some mistakes people make on their applications are avoidable, you can not write off those with experience. Alot of monies go into this process, that should be a reason to consider.Consult.

And stand the chance of getting banned for 10yrs?

Why not do your own due diligence and understand the process.

There is a travel agent case in the previous page that no one has answered regarding getting her IHS refund back. If she knew the ins and out, will she be in this mess now?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by YankeeJJC(m): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
Debawen:
Hello everyone,

I relocated to the UK over a year ago and the travel processes was done by a travel company in Nigeria. We were eligible for IHS refund, so i informed the designated agent assigned to us when we did out travel arrangment in Nigeria to inform her that i will be applying for the refund, she told me to provide proof once i have applied because the Uk gov will only refund the IHS to originating account that IHS is paid from which happens to be from the MD and his wife account. The refund has been approved and credited into their various account since september this year and the company is not having a turn around saying they do not process refund and do not involve themselves with IHS refund. All i want is for my IHS refund to be paid to me by the travel company since it has been credited into their account.

Please i need help or advice to go about getting my IHS refund from this people. The company have decided to stop responding to our emails claiming our file has been closed. I have all the evidence including transaction details.

Thank you for you help.
you have no choice than to involve the Police. First review the aggreement you had with the agent, if it's not stated that you will forfeit any refund including IHS, then they are going against the aggreement of business. The nonrefundable should be the service fee. Consult the closest police station to their office to complain and they will take it up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bellakay: 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
Seunara101:

If you haven’t done biometrics, yes it would be refunded. Mine was refunded in 2weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bellakay: 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2022
dalobaba:
Thanks for being here,

Same thing happened to me, cancelled the application sha.

2 things, you can cancel the application or write a letter stating the error.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2022
Thegamingorca, What happened is that a kid brother was filling his Uk visa application form and he gotten to where they asked do you have other income or any savings? People said they wrote their bank account balance as a saving.

My question is that can some declare bank account balance as a savings?

Thegamingorca:

If he has mentioned his entire savings before, he does not need to repeat the bank details there again. It's a simple no.

If however there are some funds that is different from the primary one he declared previously, then he can fill it there.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2022
Bros/Sister, Some of us need some sort of professional advisory.
Nairaland can't provide all you have.
I know very honest people doing travel agency and never had issues.

I repeat, you can not write everyone off based on actions of others. That's unwise.
I repeat again, if you have to (You can see I ticked it bold) consult. I didn't say it is compulsory to consult, the applicant has that judgement to make.
Thegamingorca:

And stand the chance of getting banned for 10yrs?

Why not do your own due diligence and understand the process.

There is a travel agent case in the previous page that no one has answered regarding getting her IHS refund back. If she knew the ins and out, will she be in this mess now?

The story is one sided. I do not make judgement on a side of story because I do not know the terms and conditions for their business dealings or transactional clauses.

Please be informed.

However, as regards to solution , the applicant should make the case formal at the police station through a third party or get a legal representation(because he/she is out of the country), let them look into the matter and possible ways to resolve.

We can not share the same views, Please understand that.

Have a good day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (614) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62