Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (844238 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (623) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2022
Date of bio:
Tls center :
Standard/Priority:
Katcheegirl:
Things that I submitted for my visa application
1. Letter of introduction from office
2.self introduction letter
3. Spouse sponsorship letter
4. Pay slips
5. Marriage certificate
6. Child birth certificate
7. 6 months bank statement
8. Side income contract letters
9. Spouse SOA and bio data page
10. Color coded cover letter explaining inflows and out flows.
11. House documents
Visa outcome was positive.
N.b I stated previous uk and us refusals

Congratulations to you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Katcheegirl: 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2022
@hunee
Bio date 13th October
Tls center : v.I
Standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:22pm On Nov 19, 2022
Thanks alot for this information, sure will help someone here. I am wishing you a safe sojourn to the Uk
Katcheegirl:
@hunee
Bio date 13th October
Standard

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2022
UKVI craze… upon say na suffer full their country
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:44pm On Nov 19, 2022
Katcheegirl:
@hunee
Bio date 13th October
Standard

Wow standard in only a month and some days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:45pm On Nov 19, 2022
Mrmoney90:
UKVI craze… upon say na suffer full their country

From the right hand driving system to the crazy bus services �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mamaoseme33: 12:16am On Nov 20, 2022
Hello house, as a student on a visa, can my children under 8 years become UK resident after 7 years in the country with me ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Katcheegirl: 12:27am On Nov 20, 2022
Thegamingorca:

Wow standard in only a month and some days
Was quite surprised myself considering All the delays I kept hearing about
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Seunara101: 4:43am On Nov 20, 2022
Please I just want to know if it's possible to get my uk visa fees back, after I cancel my application but I already paid for my visa fees
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 6:46am On Nov 20, 2022
Seunara101:
Please I just want to know if it's possible to get my uk visa fees back, after I cancel my application but I already paid for my visa fees

Yes. Someone answered you yesterday correctly. It takes 28days after cancelation. If you didn't get it automatically within 28days, then you need to send in complaints on the refund. You will surely get a refund if you haven't already done biometrics, i.e your application hasn't begin the review journey.

Visit this page to read more.

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jd92: 7:33am On Nov 20, 2022
Hello,

I have indefinite leave to remain in the UK and was born there.

I did my replacement transfer visa on the 31st October 2022. No decision was made about my application, My 15th working day was Friday 18th November. My case has now been escalated and I have been told within 15 working days someone will contact me.

Does anyone know if someone will get back to me before the 15th working day ! I would appreciate your advice !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2022
Good morning guys...
I don com again ooo make una no say my blood dey hot oo... Although my blood dey hot truly..

I noticed flights from December upward ar daam expensive so am thinking of booking a flexible flight ticket on d last day of d 15working days given by d Ukvi for my passport collection...

God forbid if d 15working days given no laap den I can change d flight date ahead....
Nd if I get my passport before d date den i japkaa....

Pls AdvanceDNA, Hunee, Mattle n members if I make sense or not advise me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sholsy: 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2022
dalobaba:
Thanks for being here,

I submitted my online application yesterday and I just noticed the date of birth is 2017 instead of 1987. I seriously don’t know how that happened. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks

I would advise you cancel the application and reapply. Though it means you have to forfeit the visa fees. The 2017 DOB erroneously stated means the visa application will be processed as a "Minor" visa application. I'm surprised you didn't notice the follow up questions specifically for minors when filling the application. For example, asking which of your parents or guardian will be accompanying you. That would have made you know that something was amiss in your application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2022
Jocabasa:
Good morning guys...
I don com again ooo make una no say my blood dey hot oo... Although my blood dey hot truly..

I noticed flights from December upward ar daam expensive so am thinking of booking a flexible flight ticket on d last day of d 15working days given by d Ukvi for my passport collection...

God forbid if d 15working days given no laap den I can change d flight date ahead....

Changing flight date means you paying the new fee attached to the new date. Why not just be patient till you get your passport.

From the looks of it, it seems you haven’t been out of the country before?

It doesn’t matter how cheap a ticket is today, the new date determines the new ticket price, so bear this in mind if you decide to go that route.

Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bardintentionz: 1:20pm On Nov 20, 2022
Please how long does the biometric capturing process take. Does one have to go early or on time..?

Katcheegirl:
Things that I submitted for my visa application
1. Letter of introduction from office
2.self introduction letter
3. Spouse sponsorship letter
4. Pay slips
5. Marriage certificate
6. Child birth certificate
7. 6 months bank statement
8. Side income contract letters
9. Spouse SOA and bio data page
10. Color coded cover letter explaining inflows and out flows.
11. House documents
Visa outcome was positive.
N.b I stated previous uk and us refusals
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aderemi166: 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2022
I’m also searching for a flexible flight ticket, which airline offers this please?

Jocabasa:
Good morning guys...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bardintentionz: 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2022
Chief, please any idea how long the biometrics process takes. Do they stick to time or one has to arrive very early.

sholsy:

Did you print your account statement from October? The VO mentioned your opening balance as at October.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aderemi166: 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2022
It’s advisable to get to the TLS center an hour before your appointment time, I was attended to before my appointment time because there wasn’t crowd(as at October ending).

bardintentionz:
Chief, please any idea how long the biometrics process takes. Do they stick to time or one has to arrive very early.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sholsy: 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2022
bardintentionz:

30 minutes to your appointment time is ok. You would be allowed entry. The biometrics process period depends on the number of people you meet before you. It also depends on where you doing your biometrics.VI center is pretty much faster than Ikeja. Either way, you should be done in one or two hours max.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bardintentionz: 2:14pm On Nov 20, 2022
Okay thanks so much for this, I am looking at Abuja tho.

Do i really need to take the hard copy of documents already uploaded there or just passport and the passport page?

sholsy:

30 minutes to your appointment time is ok. You would be allowed entry. The biometrics process period depends on the number of people you meet before you. It also depends on where you doing your biometrics.VI center is pretty much faster than Ikeja. Either way, you should be done in one or two hours max.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sholsy: 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2022
bardintentionz:
Okay thanks so much for this, I am looking at Abuja tho.

Do i really need to take the hard copy of documents already uploaded there or just passport and the passport page?

Passport
Passport data page (copy)
Appointment confirmation
First page of your Checklist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Changing flight date means you paying the new fee attached to the new date. Why not just be patient till you get your passport.

From the looks of it, it seems you haven’t been out of the country before?

It doesn’t matter how cheap a ticket is today, the new date determines the new ticket price, so bear this in mind if you decide to go that route.

Goodluck

Mrmoney i read most of ur post n contribution here dey make no sense... if u read my post properly u wil see where I stated "advise" nt embarrassment...

My aim of booking ticket nw is to get a cheaper flight wit flexible fare nt because am a novice in travelling mata, u sed av nt travel out d country before bliv me I av bin travelling n flying before u thinking of travelling or to see airport....

If u dnt av advise n contribution on comments here jst bone instead of embarrassing pipu here n tokin nonsense...
Act mature Mr man
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2022
aderemi166:
I’m also searching for a flexible flight ticket, which airline offers this please?

Is Qatar airways frm 1st n 2nd week of December.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sholsy: 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2022
Jocabasa:
Good morning guys...

It's still a good gamble as you only pay the price difference of the new date if you eventually change your flight. The funny thing is that it might end up being more expensive...but then you could be lucky.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
Jocabasa:
Good morning guys...

Bros..Ukvi can be very unpredictable ooooo....
U could be lucky they will answer u before end of 15 days...it could be on that 15th day...and it can be way more that 15days...

I know uve missed ur wife.....best thing u can do is to be on the safe side.... money is hard to find....u have already waited this long...waiting a bit more wont kill u...

..if na me...i go just book mid January flight...
This way .. u will get cheap ticket....and leave enough room to accomodate any madness from UKVI....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2022
Jocabasa:

Mrmoney i read most of ur post n contribution here dey make no sense... if u read my post properly u wil see where I stated "advise" nt embarrassment...

My aim of booking ticket nw is to get a cheaper flight wit flexible fare nt because am a novice in travelling mata, u sed av nt travel out d country before bliv me I av bin travelling n flying before u thinking of travelling or to see airport....

If u dnt av advise n contribution on comments here jst bone instead of embarrassing pipu here n tokin nonsense...
Act mature Mr man

SMH. I could give a response in line with what you said, but I won’t go that low. It’s not my fault you chose to misunderstand my statement and questions because I’m obviously not your brain.

I am very sure you skipped where I said you should wait until you receive your passport before booking a ticket, as booking a ticket earlier and changing dates later in future time makes no difference with the ticket prices, but since you chose to respond with the animosity in your heart, I won’t blame you because I know I have advised you before.

Honestly, if I choose to follow you with how annoying your statement is, you just won’t like it. For crying out loud, I can see a lot of folks here have advised you countless number of times, even I have done the same. No one here works at UKVI, why then are you making constant enquiry about the same thing?

I inquired about it being your first time of leaving the shores of this country because you are so anxious. You keep repeating questions and I’m sure most people here are tired. What other response do you want them to give to you mister?

You said you have been traveling even before I knew what an airport is, ok Mr Ajala the traveler. Na you dey tour the world, na you still dey summon for advise. I won’t even drag nonsense about who has traveled out first with you because you don’t even know me.

Lastly, from your statement, you sound very immature. I would only wish you well, but mind how you respond to people as you won’t get it lightly next time.

Enjoy and Goodluck!

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2022
Jocabasa:
i read most of ur post n contribution here dey make no sense... if u read my post properly u wil see where I stated "advise" nt embarrassment...
My aim of booking ticket nw is to get a cheaper flight wit flexible fare nt because am a novice in travelling mata, u sed av nt travel out d country before bliv me I av bin travelling n flying before u thinking of travelling or to see airport...
Act mature Mr man
u need to wait. Hold on till you get your passport..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aderemi166: 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2022
Thanks Jocabasa, did you check their stopover? At least 15 hours in length.

Jocabasa:

Is Qatar airways frm 1st n 2nd week of December.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Katcheegirl: 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
bardintentionz:
Please how long does the biometric capturing process take. Does one have to go early or on time..?

Whole process took about an hour cos I opted for assisted service and I got there 20 minutes before my appointment which was for 10am.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 4:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
giselle237:
u need to wait. Hold on till you get your passport..

Thanks jareh Giselle....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 4:18pm On Nov 20, 2022
aderemi166:
Thanks Jocabasa, did you check their stopover? At least 15 hours in length.

Dia stopover 8hs 55mins bt it depends on d kind of ticket fare u booking

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (623) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.