Stats: 3,156,737 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (846787 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (624) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bellakay: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2022
Millalorinzzz:
Hi everyone…just to know if I’m on the right track
I’m inviting my mum to the Uk on visit visa for 3 weeks. She is a government employee and also has a side business tho unregistered.
I plan on fully sponsoring her trip here
I put in her salary range and business income range already in the application
So I have £3k in my account and she has 1.5million naira in her account
Will this amount be sufficient or what do you think I do again

It’s very sufficient.....do a cover letter stating her itinerary(not very nessecary tho)
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2022
bellakay:

I use V.I

Big congratulations.
Obviously, not your first time/first uk visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2022
na woman i be oooooo @mrmoney and @jocabasa , you better face your wife grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bellakay: 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2022
Tripletmom:

Congratulations
Have you gone to pick up?
Will go tomorrow, what else do I need to take aside the check list.

Are you collecting for you?

Original and photocopy of your ID
Birth certificate for your child.

For me, they gave me a paper and copy of my passport ID to show to the courier.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2022
Pls do you know anyone who can help in CAC? My company is inactive on their website. Thank you

aderemi166:
Yes, it’s advisable you ensure your company is ACTIVE on CAC website since it will be mentioned in your application.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by theLegaltable: 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2022
I can please send a DM

Horlaidey007:

Pls do you know anyone who can help in CAC? My company is inactive on their website. Thank you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2022
Horlaidey007:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MayT: 2:58pm On Nov 24, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please I intend to travel to the UK to attend my daughter's graduation and I need a priority service appointment which is currently unavailable at the moment. I heard priority service appointment for visit visa's are only released once every week cry. Does anyone know what time and date this happens or how I can get help on when the service is released.

I will appreciate a response please

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2022
sent. pls check your mail

theLegaltable:
I can please send a DM

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Infodino77: 3:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
Congratulations �
Tripletmom:

Yet to pick up my passport.

Employment document: letter of introduction, leave approval,pay slip, ID card
4 months bank statements
My brother’s SOA, BRP, invitation letter, employment letter, utility bill.
Consent letter from my spouse
Spouse passport data page
Daughter’s passport data page
Daughter’s birth certificate
Marrriage certificate
Detailed transaction explanation.
Cover letter
Copy of previous US visa

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by theLegaltable: 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2022
I have replied.

Horlaidey007:
sent. pls check your mail

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chicadedieu: 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2022
Hello;

1; Please what location was it ?
2. Was it priority ?
THanks

bellakay:
Thank you so much everyone that helped me with my application. There’s no perfect application las las because my application was very funny.

I did my first application there was an error in the date on birth. I cancelled it and did a second one. I still made a mistake in the accommodation date(it didn’t tally with my travel date). I just wrote a letter stating the error.

Biometrics 11 Nov.
Passport ready mail- 24th Nov
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by make9jagr8: 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2022
Thanks for the information.
One more question please. If in a family application, is it possible to do the priority for the applicant that need her passport back on time and the rest on standard, or it has to be for everyone or otherwise.
hunee:

7 weeks standard
Priority 5 working days
Super Priority 24hrs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Millalorinzzz: 6:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
[quote author=bellakay post=118649840][/quote]

Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meks007(m): 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2022
Hello House

Please how much is priority visa for uk?
Can I pay through TLS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2022
Horlaidey007:

I sent a DM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2022
bellakay:

I got mine too...
We did our biometrics on the same day! Congratulations...
My heart skipped when I saw the mail. I had to go and track my application.lol

Abeg which soap n water una use bath make I come collect take bath...
I don dey queue since 6months now..
Na beg I dey beg ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sylvialucy: 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2022
Congratulations �.
Still waiting for mine, did biometrics on the 31th of October. I tap from you luckiness�

post=118647881]Thank you so much everyone that helped me with my application. There’s no perfect application las las because my application was very funny.

I did my first application there was an error in the date on birth. I cancelled it and did a second one. I still made a mistake in the accommodation date(it didn’t tally with my travel date). I just wrote a letter stating the error.

Biometrics 11 Nov.
Passport ready mail- 24th Nov [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2022
Jocabasa:

Abeg which soap n water una use bath make I come collect take bath...
I don dey queue since 6months now.
Na beg I dey beg ooo

Your application must be complex, and I believe you should follow up on this.
6 months shocked

All I know is that the time taken to verify documents is one of the primary reasons, while the decision-making time varies between two applicants who did biometrics on the same day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2022
infosoftlife:

Your application must be complex, and I believe you should follow up on this.
6 months shocked

All I know is that the time taken to verify documents is one of the primary reasons, while the decision-making time varies between two applicants who did biometrics on the same day.

Hmmm my own mata get as E b oo....
Administrative review wahala...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Uzland: 9:10pm On Nov 24, 2022
Mrmoney90:
Please for those who have gotten their skilled worker visa or who have any idea in that category, can you kindly advise; does UKVI ask for working experience before issuing out SWV? Please help with the knowledge you have.

Gracias
Hi Mrmoney90, no, they don't. It's the duty of your prospective employer to assess you and confirm whether you're suitable for the job.

Modified 01/05/2023: Yes, UKVI do may request further documents in support of your visa application, such as Evidence of work experience, Qualifications, Professional registration, Child care arrangement, etc.cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
Uzland:

Hi Mrmoney90, no, they don't. It's the duty of your prospective employer to assess you and confirm whether you're suitable for the job.cheesy

Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
hunee:
na woman i be oooooo @mrmoney and @jocabasa , you better face your wife grin grin grin

undecided Hunee ma pa mi na… no Dey whine us o.. abi no be you say you be oko iyawo? A full fledged man with testicles? Oya post pic for your profile make i view
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Fehintolajones: 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
Bump

I also need this info

Anyone with answers on when it's a good time to check for priority visa, will be highly appreciated.

MayT:
Hello everyone,

Please I intend to travel to the UK to attend my daughter's graduation and I need a priority service appointment which is currently unavailable at the moment. I heard priority service appointment for visit visa's are only released once every week cry. Does anyone know what time and date this happens or how I can get help on when the service is released.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jd92: 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
I did mine the same day also at TLS Ikeja and have not received my passport back. What application did you do ?

Sylvialucy:
Congratulations �.
Still waiting for mine, did biometrics on the 31th of October. I tap from you luckiness�

post=118647881]Thank you so much everyone that helped me with my application. There’s no perfect application las las because my application was very funny.

Biometrics 11 Nov.
Passport ready mail- 24th Nov
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aom99: 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2022
Hi everyone,
I had my biometrics on 11th October with option to keep my passport as I had other trips to make. My travel date was supposed to be Nov 22nd as the event I was going for is Nov 23rd.
Last week, I sent paid email and they confirmed that decision has been made on my application but I haven't received any email to submit my passport or for rejection.
Please what would you advice me to do to get them to hastily communicate the decision to me?

PS: it's my first time applying for UK but I have schengen, Australia and many other countries valid visa on my passport.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sylvialucy: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2022
Standard application.
Have you receive any mail at all
Because me have not receive any mail.

Jd92:
I did mine the same day also at TLS Ikeja and have not received my passport back. What application did you do ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bellakay: 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2022
Chicadedieu:
Hello;

1; Please what location was it ?
2. Was it priority ?
THanks

TLS V.I
Standard...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bellakay: 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2022
Another thing I think that helps in Visa application. It’s the population around that the period you are applying. So visit Visa as well as student visa would be a lot around school resumption time.

When I was I wanted to pay to premium lounge to avoid crowd but I didn’t pay. When I got there I was so happy I didn’t pay because there was no crowd. I was done in less than 40mins.

Lastly, Prayer is key!!! Hallelujah Challenge!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:55pm On Nov 24, 2022
na me be this shocked
Mrmoney90:

undecided Hunee ma pa mi na… no Dey whine us o.. abi no be you say you be oko iyawo? A full fledged man with testicles? Oya post pic for your profile make i view

testicles hmm

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jadeken: 11:09pm On Nov 24, 2022
Please house, I need help here author=Jadeken post=118637669]Hello house,
I'm new here even though I've been following for a while now.I really need information and explanation concerning dependant visas.
My son and I want to join my partner who left to the UK in September to study .
1.Approximately how much do I need for my pof?
2.If my pof starts counting this week (for instance) , when can I apply for my visa and do my biometrics?
3.when is it advisable to do our tb test ( as the one we did earlier will expire on the 20th of December)
4.My current passport will expire in February next year, even though I'm expecting a new one in few weeks.Should I apply with the new one or this current one?
5.What documents will I be needing for my visa application ?
6.Will I need to do a standard or priority visa application?
Please house, I'll really appreciate your feedback as I've been worried for some time now.
[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IfeNimi: 1:14am On Nov 25, 2022
MayT:
Hello everyone,

People say 1am on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Got mine on a Tuesday around 3am.
So you can check around these times

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (624) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Oluwawamiri and 2 guest(s)